shape
carat
color
clarity

Design Ideas for CVB Diamond Pendant

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had this one saved for a while, thinking it would be an amazing pendant, and it seems like it's your style DS.
aa3093aa50f731ba9c64fd3414d960d8.jpg

Oh my, yes, it certainly is! So gorgeous!!! I am saving the picture for future reference, but I'd want an OEC in that gorgeous setting, too! Thank you!:love:

No thoughts on this either way except to say - it's going to be magnificent!

Oh, thanks, MrsB!!! I am afraid it might not be just due to the fact I am saving my favorite settings for a larger stone :lol:, but I do want it to be special since it belonged to my great-grandmother, and my mother wore it for years after her original diamond shattered!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DS, you have some great suggestions here. One of the great things about PS. is posters (in this case, kgizo) bringing up things I never would of thought of, such as the bail. Great suggestion!

I wanted to your collection of ideas. The first 2 pics I love the execution, as they look very similar to some of your inspiration pics. The last 2 pics are from Ivy, I love most anything from Ivy. Don't know how much the oxidized bezel goes with your thinking, but wanted to throw these 2 out as food for thought. The bezel shapes I found appealing & interesting, but as I finish typing I realize are totally different than your inspiration pics.
belleepoque.jpg img_3391.jpg .
R1558_1600x.png
R1566_1600x.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, you have some great suggestions here. One of the great things about PS. is posters (in this case, kgizo) bringing up things I never would of thought of, such as the bail. Great suggestion!

I wanted to your collection of ideas. The first 2 pics I love the execution, as they look very similar to some of your inspiration pics. The last 2 pics are from Ivy, I love most anything from Ivy. Don't know how much the oxidized bezel goes with your thinking, but wanted to throw these 2 out as food for thought. The bezel shapes I found appealing & interesting, but as I finish typing I realize are totally different than your inspiration pics.
belleepoque.jpg img_3391.jpg .
R1558_1600x.png
R1566_1600x.png

IVY has some gorgeous things, don't they?! I love that first style. So simple but elegant! And yes, Caysie's ring at the top is a nice variation from that example I posted! Thanks so much!

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
So, for my browsing pleasure... what is Ivy? And what is their site? Inquiring minds...

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @diamondseeker2006 !

Is there a connection between Ivy New York and Ivy and Rose?

In the dust-covered corner of my memory there is a snippet of info that might pertain to this, but that's as useful as a cell phone with a dead battery. ;)2

I may be mistaken, but I believe Diamond Zone in Chicago became Ivy & Rose.

Not sure if ownership transitioned to Ivy & Rose & simply underwent a name change, or Diamond Zone underwent a purchase & resulted in a name change to Ivy & Rose.

I don't think Ivy & Rose is related to Ivy New York.

This all could be my imagination also :lol: Hoping someone else chimes in....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may be mistaken, but I believe Diamond Zone in Chicago became Ivy & Rose.

Not sure if ownership transitioned to Ivy & Rose & simply underwent a name change, or Diamond Zone underwent a purchase & resulted in a name change to Ivy & Rose.

I don't think Ivy & Rose is related to Ivy New York.

This all could be my imagination also :lol: Hoping someone else chimes in....

Correct, DZ changed name to Ivy and Rose which has nothing to do at all with IVY NY! The rings you posted are from IVY NY.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks for sharing. There were some really creative designs on that site! I, of course, had to add 3 new times to my "lottery wish list".

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 pardon me if I missed this along the way, but are you aiming for any accent stones in the design, or just the main diamond? If you are doing any accents, and are open to CS, might your great-grandmother’s birthstone be an option for making it special? Or is there anything in particular about her that you know she loved that might influence the design in some way? Just a thought.:wavey:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just stumbled upon this one from WF, and I like how it has some ‘peek-a-boo’ diamonds on the side that would be visible and create some nice sparkle on the décolletage when the light hits it just right. I’m not sure I like the face-up ‘starfish’-looking outline, but it could probably be reconfigured to a slightly different outline if the concept appeals.

0F3CBE4E-AB2B-4909-B611-263DBABE1331.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing I am planning for it to be all diamonds so it will go with anything. I'd probably wear it for more dressy occasions. It is currently set in a milgrain bezel, so I am looking at halos to increase the visual size because it is smaller than my studs and I'd like it to show up a little more. Thanks for the ideas, though!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DS, I love all these choices from modern to vintage. You have been hitting it out of the park lately with all your gorgeous bling. I would consider a 3 stone pendant. 3 - You, mom & grandmother. It would be easy to find say a couple .35-.40's. Maybe bezel set all of them or do a faux bezel but pronged style.

Here is a pic of my .84 stone with 2 x .36's. They were bezeled, finely done with milgrain. Was a pretty casual, under the radar look actually. I tried a solitaire & they aren't for me. I just got a new 3 stone made. I don't have it yet but I have some pics DK sent me if you are interested. Sorry if I missed it anywhere in your thread you weren't interested in a 3 stone.

J-3stone- .84 x 2 -.36 2.png

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful & great idea @ccuheartnurse :love:

Makes me think of how @cflutist beautiful, new Q halo ring from HPD would also look as a pendant. :think: :drool:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks the_mother_thing. :) Cheryls ring is gorgeous & would certainly look great as a pendant with those soft petals.
DS, I'm also in the process of re-setting & re-habbing my mothers pieces. I have a ton of pictures & just have to sort out specifically what I want 1st. :wall:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ccuheartnurse Those are some great ideas! Your three stone necklace is the best design I have seen, still classic, but the three stones add a lot more substance to the overall look as compared with a single stone. I also think a floral design like Cheryl's new ring would actually make a gorgeous pendant! I'll have to think on both of these! Thanks!

Oh, and yes if you have more pictures of the three stone, I'd like to see them.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, I love your original sapphire airline halo idea! I think that it will look lovely and increase the visual impact which is what you are after! I know that Caysie can source some awesome custom cut frenchies and I think that the pendant will look amazing! What a fun project :)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Simone is right about the Sapphire pendant. It's a beautiful design. I already put that in one of my folders for future inspiration. LOL

Here are the pics of my new pendant. The centre stone will be mounted locally. The centre is a 7.50mm x 2- 5.3mm sides.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the pics..sorry.. technical difficulty. LOL

Pendant Pic 2 copy.jpg Pendant Pic 3 copy.jpg Side View-- 3 stone pendant copy.jpg

Ughhhhh! I love that, toooooo! The only thing is, I think your center stone size is better for that than mine. I actually have an antique pendant picture saved that is similar to yours.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 have you thought about doing something like that sapphire one @LaylaR posted, but maybe with something like French cut onyx? That would still be versatile (color-wise) with various attire and styles (casual to dressy), so might be something you can get a little more mileage from. Just a thought.:wavey:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something maybe like this ... either all onyx or a mix of onyx and diamonds ... I’d probably lose the little 3rd halo of rounds, but that’s just me.

DFA30F05-A9D7-4EBF-A49D-B479C4A4EEDC.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 have you thought about doing something like that sapphire one @LaylaR posted, but maybe with something like French cut onyx? That would still be versatile (color-wise) with various attire and styles (casual to dressy), so might be something you can get a little more mileage from. Just a thought.:wavey:

I actually have several pendants for more casual wear. I really want one diamond one that I can wear when dressed up, like for weddings or other events. I do love onyx, but I just want one all diamond pendant (aside from diamond crosses). I posted before seeing your pictures! That really looks pretty!

Last edited:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just stumbled upon this one from WF, and I like how it has some ‘peek-a-boo’ diamonds on the side that would be visible and create some nice sparkle on the décolletage when the light hits it just right. I’m not sure I like the face-up ‘starfish’-looking outline, but it could probably be reconfigured to a slightly different outline if the concept appeals.

0F3CBE4E-AB2B-4909-B611-263DBABE1331.jpeg

I like this one a lot. Beautiful solitaire pendant.

etphonehome

Rough_Rock
Premium
What do you all think of this for a 4.5ct stone?

9a9841c8c4d75be3229592cd2b471b99.jpg

(From a Christie's auction featuring a 4ct stone)

What size diamonds would you all guess the surrounding stones to be?

See my thread about the stone I inherited from my mother here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/suggestions-on-4-5ct-m-color-diamond-pendant.240173/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results