shape
carat
color
clarity

Design Ideas for CVB Diamond Pendant

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent Caysie my .80 H VS recut family diamond to reset. I never wore it in the plain bezel because it was too small in proportion to my diamond ring and studs. So I want to make a nicer setting to make a larger pendant overall. I know with this being a mrb, it won't be as perfect in antique style settings as an OEC would, so I have some hesitation about that. But I am not necessarily in love with the idea of a plain pave halo, either. Here are a couple of my ideas below (mine would be all diamonds, ignore the sapphires), and please post any great pendant settings you have saved that might work with a 6mm round center. Thanks!

Oh, and I am excited that Caysie will be having a selection of her pieces featured on the 1st Dibs site in the next few weeks!:appl: I imagine that is going to make her even busier down the road, so I am trying to get started on this right away!

C6027-DS-500.jpg pendantdesign.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that first one, it's beautiful.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love both your pictures! But as you asked for suggestions, Caysie’s Astrid has to be one of my all time favourite pendants. I also love this one of hers

C2D9443F-D9F0-4377-8608-329FFB968142.jpeg

ETA - woah, sorry for the huge pictures!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 for the Casablanca. That would be fabulous! Especially if you want more bling!

But I love my astrid. I wear it a lot!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent Caysie my .80 H VS recut family diamond to reset. I never wore it in the plain bezel because it was too small in proportion to my diamond ring and studs. So I want to make a nicer setting to make a larger pendant overall. I know with this being a mrb, it won't be as perfect in antique style settings as an OEC would, so I have some hesitation about that. But I am not necessarily in love with the idea of a plain pave halo, either. Here are a couple of my ideas below (mine would be all diamonds, ignore the sapphires), and please post any great pendant settings you have saved that might work with a 6mm round center. Thanks!

Oh, and I am excited that Caysie will be having a selection of her pieces featured on the 1st Dibs site in the next few weeks!:appl: I imagine that is going to make her even busier down the road, so I am trying to get started on this right away!

They’re both gorgeous, but the second one is PERFECTION!!! Is that a Bev K? :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, I like your design but I love the Astrid too. Just wondering if the shape of the Astrid would give you a larger overall look than a round? Maybe she could incorporate a halo of round diamonds around the center stone and then do the french cut/round halo for more presence? Lots of choices and she might have some ideas of her own!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both your pictures! But as you asked for suggestions, Caysie’s Astrid has to be one of my all time favourite pendants. I also love this one of hers

C2D9443F-D9F0-4377-8608-329FFB968142.jpeg

ETA - woah, sorry for the huge pictures!

How about the Casablanca halo? This would make a beautiful pendant!

I love Astrid, and the octagonal one, and of course, I love the Casa!!!!! However, I just feel like my stone is too small to do any of those! I am pretty sure that picture of the octagonal one has a diamond over 2 cts in it!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love both of these, so beautiful. :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caysie is making a pendant to go with my Edwardian necklace, featuring a 6mm OEC. Waiting for CADs now, but here's the sketch..
IMG_6247.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpeg

She is SO good!:love: It kind of blows me away the things she comes up with. And you and I love the same things. I adore that necklace. Seriously. I am assuming you are willing for me to copy you if you posted that! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few of your responses were not showing when I was replying earlier. I suspect there were replies while I was replying and I didn't see them. I do want an Astrid and a Casa. I just want bigger diamonds to make those!

They’re both gorgeous, but the second one is PERFECTION!!! Is that a Bev K? :love:

Yes, it is! I have had that pic saved for years, but I am afraid there are too many good options!!!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like both of your ideas. If you go with the 1st one my only suggestion would be to have the bail coordinate better with the pendant, like hte 2nd example. That 1st one looks like a basic stock bail to me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like both of your ideas. If you go with the 1st one my only suggestion would be to have the bail coordinate better with the pendant, like hte 2nd example. That 1st one looks like a basic stock bail to me.

Yes I agree with kgizo. Both are lovely but I don't care for the bale on the first one. Not graceful and it's seems a common stock bail.

@diamondseeker2006 looking forward to seeing what you decide... love this project and it's going to be beautiful.:appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes I agree with kgizo. Both are lovely but I don't care for the bale on the first one. Not graceful and it's seems a common stock bail.

@diamondseeker2006 looking forward to seeing what you decide... love this project and it's going to be beautiful.:appl:

This is unreal, but I thought I mentioned that I didn't like the bail part on the sapphire one at all! I think I was posting on more than one thread and got distracted and posted without adding that! So we are all in agreement on that part! Thanks!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I confess I never even noticed the bail on the first, but now that you point it out, the bail of the second is much more attractive. I do love the french cut halo and a little air space would look nice and give you a little more presence for the pendant. I like the idea of a little skin showing underneath.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To give the diamond a larger look, I'd eliminate the bezel around the diamond as it gives the diamond a definitive edge. Sustitute an inner halo of tiny melee with a bezel on the outside of that. Then, an airline and your inspo. I like the second better. Its a classic illusion technique and will make the center look bigger. Like this pear.
https://shop.kenanddanadesign.com/products/verity-pear

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
She is SO good!:love: It kind of blows me away the things she comes up with. And you and I love the same things. I adore that necklace. Seriously. I am assuming you are willing for me to copy you if you posted that! :lol:
Absolutely! Copy away! I posted it because I know we have similar taste and thought that something like this might give you the size you wanted (which is why I went in this direction). The total mm diameter is 20, but the center diamond is only about 8 in the bezel. Since I will never have a 2ct oec to put in this necklace, this is the best alternative for me! I can't wait to see what you decide to do!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely! Copy away! I posted it because I know we have similar taste and thought that something like this might give you the size you wanted (which is why I went in this direction). The total mm diameter is 20, but the center diamond is only about 8 in the bezel. Since I will never have a 2ct oec to put in this necklace, this is the best alternative for me! I can't wait to see what you decide to do!

Yenny I love all your pieces. And same for @diamondseeker2006. Love all your bling.

This post reminds me of a controversial but interesting topic about copying. I feel the same as you do. IMO it’s an honor if someone loves your piece so much they want something similar. If in doubt the person who is interested should just ask.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see your CADs, @yennyfire! I really knew you wouldn't have posted it if you had not meant that you'd not mind if I used the design. That's what I love about the friendships we share here. Thank you! I need to show all the ideas to Caysie and get her advice, and I need to think about for what occasions I'd want to use this pendant! I actually don't need one, but I have to use this diamond for something, and a pendant is really my only idea!

@missy Thank you! I agree on the copying being a compliment! If I post it here, it's certainly available to be redone. It's not like we all live in close proximity and friends would see us both with the same pieces, although wouldn't it be fun to all live near each other?! And for that matter, the designs are not mine to withold as I believe the designer has the rights to the final design anyway!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wouldn't it be fun to all live near each other?

Yes it would be!!!:appl: I’ll help you guys look for a pied-à-terre here. :twisted2: :bigsmile: :halo:

In the meantime I am so grateful for PS and the opportunity to share our love of bling no matter how many thousands of miles apart many of us are.

:wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes it would be!!!:appl: I’ll help you guys look for a pied-à-terre here. :twisted2: :bigsmile: :halo:

In the meantime I am so grateful for PS and the opportunity to share our love of bling no matter how many thousands of miles apart many of us are.

:wavey:

That is a brilliant idea, Missy!!!! Other than we'd have no bling money left! :eek-2: We'd just need enough people to make it reasonable!:lol: We actually do share a beach place with several friends and it works out extremely well!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't wait to see your CADs, @yennyfire! I really knew you wouldn't have posted it if you had not meant that you'd not mind if I used the design. That's what I love about the friendships we share here. Thank you! I need to show all the ideas to Caysie and get her advice, and I need to think about for what occasions I'd want to use this pendant! I actually don't need one, but I have to use this diamond for something, and a pendant is really my only idea!

@missy Thank you! I agree on the copying being a compliment! If I post it here, it's certainly available to be redone. It's not like we all live in close proximity and friends would see us both with the same pieces, although wouldn't it be fun to all live near each other?! And for that matter, the designs are not mine to withold as I believe the designer has the rights to the final design anyway!
Absolutely agree 100%!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have come to one conclusion. Because I love these antique designs with OECs (or any antique stone), I don't think I'll choose my favorties for this stone!!! If I were going to make my very favorites which includes Yenny's, I absolutely would love them more with an antique cut stone!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have come to one conclusion. Because I love these antique designs with OECs (or any antique stone), I don't think I'll choose my favorties for this stone!!! If I were going to make my very favorites which includes Yenny's, I absolutely would love them more with an antique cut stone!!!

I hear you! I was recently offered a steal of a deal on a .99 mrb, but when it came down to it, I just don't love them like I love oec's. Hey, at least you've made one decision in this process! For me, each and every step in custom design is a bit scary, so when I definitively make a choice (platinum vs. gold, jump rings vs. bail, etc.) and feel 100% about it, I am beyond relieved!
You always have such stunning pieces and I know that this will be no exception!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @yennyfire! You know we have a mutual jewelry admiration thing going! I agree that custom decisions are so scary unless one makes a previous design and sees the finished product. But as I said earlier, this stone is simply too small to put in Astrid or Casablanca and do justice to those settings.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you’d do an dream antique style setting with a different stone, would you consider just a plain metal halo for this stone, ds, to give it a bit more presence? Or is that not something you'd wear enough? I’ve often wondered what Caysie’s Anne style setting would look like as a pendant. Something simple like it might give enough extra size to make your stone wearable as a daily ‘t shirt and jeans’ pendant?

F940CD43-3BA8-40C6-9A11-F4FCC9DE6DD8.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo That's a beautiful ring, but I like larger stones than mine with all of Caysie's settings. That plain metal halo would be tiny in proportion to my stone, and it wouldn't help much more than the bezel that it is in now. This won't be an everyday pendant, so I need it in platinum for more dressy occasions. But that ring would make a lovely pendant especially for someone who also had that ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results