shape
carat
color
clarity

Dejawiz & Kim - I think I'm ready so help me find some studs!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Update - I just heard back today and one of the pairs sold already so I cannot mix and match :(

The $2400 is available - do you guys think that one that’s 56% is no good? Should I just keep looking? I’m so disappointed. I was really looking forward to that pair...

ETA - never mind. They are both sold now.

Jeez-o-peet those went lightning fast

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Jeez-o-peet those went lightning fast

They were up all weekend but he doesn't respond to emails on weekends so I think there were probably a backlog of messages. Ugh!

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Oh wow. I have not heard of this site before since many ppl in the lab forum tend to reference Ritani. I will have a look.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
My most recent purchase was from them. Received the loose stones in about a week. No clue on the quality of their settings though.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
My most recent purchase was from them. Received the loose stones in about a week. No clue on the quality of their settings though.

Yes I was thinking of starting a thread asking about experiences; at first glance their price points seem lower than Ritani so was wondering how people felt about them!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my stone loose online through Brian Gavin and had them set through a trusted local jeweler. The settings were about $200 cheaper, and I liked having an in-person segment to my stud purchase.

Another possibility is using David Klass for settings since he's so trusted through PS. I believe other PSers have sent outside stones to him and then had them set at DK. Some of the cheapers stone vendors do poor settings, so I personally recommend finding a trusted jeweler.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I bought my stone loose online through Brian Gavin and had them set through a trusted local jeweler. The settings were about $200 cheaper, and I liked having an in-person segment to my stud purchase.

Another possibility is using David Klass for settings since he's so trusted through PS. I believe other PSers have sent outside stones to him and then had them set at DK. Some of the cheapers stone vendors do poor settings, so I personally recommend finding a trusted jeweler.

Oh yes I know - worked with DK many times. I'm still just trying to find a matching pair at this point and getting overwhelmed looking at all the sites and numbers. Also reading that sometimes you get a stone and it has a weird color or tinge. So it's a bit overwhelming.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
IMO D/E is pretty safe, any color is pretty much unnoticeable once set.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Ok I haven’t seen the stones yet but Alex pulled these certs. Thoughts on numbers?

IMG_6783.jpeg IMG_6782.jpeg

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
The crown angles are a little steep, but if the stones look good and the price is right, that's what counts.

I had a glance yesterday for you on Ritani. There wasn't really anything for 4ctw under $2900 without settings.. You had written that you wanted to stay around $2000 - $2200.

A diamond purchase requires such a confluence of factors! :lol:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
The crown angles are a little steep, but if the stones look good and the price is right, that's what counts.

I had a glance yesterday for you on Ritani. There wasn't really anything for 4ctw under $2900 without settings.. You had written that you wanted to stay around $2000 - $2200.

A diamond purchase requires such a confluence of factors! :lol:

Yes I looked at the numbers a little closer and I'm just going to wait and see if Alex comes up with something with tighter numbers - they said they were in the process of getting more.

I'm upping to about $2500 given those factors. Thank you for keeping a lookout for me. I started searching too, but also juggling workload so haven't been able to dedicate as much time to it as I would like.

Schnooples

Rough_Rock
Yes I looked at the numbers a little closer and I'm just going to wait and see if Alex comes up with something with tighter numbers - they said they were in the process of getting more.

I'm upping to about $2500 given those factors. Thank you for keeping a lookout for me. I started searching too, but also juggling workload so haven't been able to dedicate as much time to it as I would like.

There are a couple sets that just went up on Alex's IG.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
There are a couple sets that just went up on Alex's IG.

Yes I was just looking at them; some of them are from the certs I just posted. There are others that are not and I am looking at the numbers now; none of them fit within the recommended 34-5 crown and 40.6-9 pavilion...:(sad

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@lovedogs @0515vision @DejaWiz

you look at these and tell me what you think?
Even though they don’t fit within the recommended crown and pavilion, when I put the info and a diamond screener I come up with this (see below). The only problem is that diamond screener does not allow for me to do 56.5 on table so I tried both 56 and 57. Here’s the link to the stones that you can see and then I’m posting the pictures below of diamond screener.

IMG_6803.jpeg IMG_6805.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Also @0-0-0 forgot to tag you

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Not too shabby!
There are better out there, but many much, much worse.

Screenshot_20230822-150604-160.png

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this is not my strong point. I haven’t seen enough RBs in person to know which of Alex’s pairs are best. I like some of them, but I don’t know if it’s bc of the lighting or bc they perform really well. There’s a pair today that has 16% crown heights. I’ve heard that gives certain characteristics but don’t know how they work in the given combination. Some of today’s pairs show the arrows a bit more, but I’m not sure if they’re a little dark under the table.

These seem to be in your price range. They come from a trusted seller. By now you know that truly super ideal stones by cut calculation are going to cost a little more. Again, for studs Alex’s studs might be exactly right. Feel like I haven’t been any help! :lol:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Oh this is not my strong point. I haven’t seen enough RBs in person to know which of Alex’s pairs are best. I like some of them, but I don’t know if it’s bc of the lighting or bc they perform really well. There’s a pair today that has 16% crown heights. I’ve heard that gives certain characteristics but don’t know how they work in the given combination. Some of today’s pairs show the arrows a bit more, but I’m not sure if they’re a little dark under the table.

These seem to be in your price range. They come from a trusted seller. By now you know that truly super ideal stones by cut calculation are going to cost a little more. Again, for studs Alex’s studs might be exactly right. Feel like I haven’t been any help! :lol:

Yes I noticed some of the arrows also seemed to be more defined in the others but also those are taken more close-up so idk if that makes a difference...anyway I plugged in the numbers and some from today fall far outside that AGS "circle". Anyway I think I'm going for this pair (if still available) and I'll see what I think when I see them. It is very appealing to me that I can get them set, it's from a business I would be happy to support, and evidently he screens for odd color tinges. I will keep y'all posted.

erical77

Rough_Rock
Message Alex and ask him for exactly what you are looking for. I did that back in June for 4cttw studs - asked for DEF/VS2+ with ideal specs and get F/VS1 and both over 9 on StoneAlgo and in the "box" on diamondscreener. One might not have fit exactly into the crown/pavilion/depth/etc. numbers but they look great. And @DejaWiz gave his seal of approval!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Message Alex and ask him for exactly what you are looking for. I did that back in June for 4cttw studs - asked for DEF/VS2+ with ideal specs and get F/VS1 and both over 9 on StoneAlgo and in the "box" on diamondscreener. One might not have fit exactly into the crown/pavilion/depth/etc. numbers but they look great. And @DejaWiz gave his seal of approval!

I ended up buying the Gs I post above. I had never heard of Stone Algo but looked it up and put in the info and it scores 9.5 and 9.4. Yay. Looking forward to seeing them in person!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ended up buying the Gs I post above. I had never heard of Stone Algo but looked it up and put in the info and it scores 9.5 and 9.4. Yay. Looking forward to seeing them in person!

These should be very fiery! I would let your eyes be the judge once you receive them. For earrings I sometimes prefer a shallower combo to increase brightness.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
@Mreader oh goodness, I'm so late to the party! Just got back from an 11 day trip, but it looks like you snagged a great option, looking forward to reading your opinion and seeing any pictures/videos once you have them. =D

Bummer the first ones both sold and nixed the mix and match option, but the pair you purchased looks promising!

steponapoptop

Rough_Rock
Been looking at Alex's offerings too. Excited to hear what you think of your purchase!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I still haven’t gotten it yet and I’m waiting impatiently!

Excited to see how you like them. I’m always tempted by his offerings, but wary to buy outside the super ideal proportions. I’m not confident in my judgment of the trade offs.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I thought I would update you guys because I just received these yesterday. I am very happy with them. I tried to take photographs, but I just can’t capture it very well. So I’m gonna try more and will try to upload some by the weekend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results