shape
carat
color
clarity

Debate the DEBATES!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:23:20 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 9/26/2008 11:05:28 PM
Author: miraclesrule

Date: 9/26/2008 11:04:10 PM
Author: TravelingGal
So is the debate on Tuesday or Thursday? God, I hate being deaf sometimes.
Girrrrlllll, put that on your calender!!!!
Woah! I must be deaf too . . . I thought they said Tuesday?
33.gif
OK, I am not crazy. But CNN talked to Biden and said his debate was on Thursday. I''m too lazy at the moment to check when it is. Fact checking will happen tomorrow.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:12:09 PM
Author: Krissie
Holly, you were the one with the beautiful hypernicum (sp!) berries in your bouquet. I remember!
Yes, that is me!

I''m back after two pieces of Little Ceasar''s and a couple of glasses of wine. (Soon I will be incoherent.)

I''ll have to pull away here and there to watch FOX, but I''ll check in periodically.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 11:25:49 PM

33.gif
OK, I am not crazy. But CNN talked to Biden and said his debate was on Thursday. I''m too lazy at the moment to check when it is. Fact checking will happen tomorrow.
Sounds like a plan! We''ll get it figured out in plenty of time, I''m sure!
2.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:24:37 PM

Booze. Booze for prez.

At least there''s change I can believe in
3.gif
I vote for Booze!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
"It was definitely one of the most substantive debates I''ve ever seen" -FI

I though they both did a great job holding their own. I was proud of Obama for improving his debate skills, he use to be bad at it. Considering McCain has much more experience on foreign policy, I thought Obama held up well against him. Both interrupted each other waaay too much and McCain was always dying for the last word. FI kept flipping out over McCain''s miss statements about Iraq (FI knows so much about this war and all the countries involved it''s not funny, it is definitely something he completely agrees with Obama on). I don''t think Obama said "um" at all and I was shocked! So much for that being a shot word. And what is with McCain''s inability to look Obama in the eye when they shake hands? Obama does every time and McCain doesn''t. Is it simply that he does not like him or that he is embarrassed by his actions? You typically have a harder time looking someone in the eye when you are intimidated or feel shame.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:22:27 PM

Date: 9/26/2008 11:20:40 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
forgive me friends, but was Gen. Petraeus a shot word?
31.gif
Begin Threadjack:

The patch on my chest and t-shirt matches your avatar! Whooohooooo!!!

End Threadjack:
Luv ya, gal!!

can i tell you, something??? i had to go on a last-minute biz trip this week. took off from LAX 1/2 hr after kickoff on MONDAY. flight was 3.5 hours (to St. louis). yep, i missed the game. i asked DH to send me an email to let me know if the boys won. that way i would know the MINUTE i landed what happened. ''bout time they won!

Can i tell you how excited i am for the game on Sunday????

**threadjack over**

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Boo, there isn't an InDepends thread!!
39.gif

I guess I wouldn't have as much fun there, because there would be so few of us.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:25:26 PM
Author: luckystar112

Galateia, you sure would be safe in the dem thread, and I''m sure there is no mention of all of Obama''s misleading ads there to boot!

Well I posted a link about both of their misleading ads, though I''m not sure if it''s in the thread. Obama has the tendency to correct his after factcheck finds something wrong, McCain just keeps lying.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:26:27 PM
Author: HollyS

Holly, you were the one with the beautiful hypernicum (sp!) berries in your bouquet. I remember!
Yes, that is me!

I'm back after two pieces of Little Ceasar's and a couple of glasses of wine. (Soon I will be incoherent.)

I'll have to pull away here and there to watch FOX, but I'll check in periodically.
Yayayaya, thin or thick crust??

And thank gawd you said a "couple" of glasses of wine or I might have accused you of being a lightweight.
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:27:27 PM
Author: MoonWater
''It was definitely one of the most substantive debates I''ve ever seen'' -FI

I though they both did a great job holding their own. I was proud of Obama for improving his debate skills, he use to be bad at it. Considering McCain has much more experience on foreign policy, I thought Obama held up well against him. Both interrupted each other waaay too much and McCain was always dying for the last word. FI kept flipping out over McCain''s miss statements about Iraq (FI knows so much about this war and all the countries involved it''s not funny, it is definitely something he completely agrees with Obama on). I don''t think Obama said ''um'' at all and I was shocked! So much for that being a shot word. And what is with McCain''s inability to look Obama in the eye when they shake hands? Obama does every time and McCain doesn''t. Is it simply that he does not like him or that he is embarrassed by his actions? You typically have a harder time looking someone in the eye when you are intimidated or feel shame.
Maybe he is secretly attracted to him too. Obama for third wife!

I agree, they both held their own, although I feel like Obama really wanted that last word. But that''s perception.

We''re going to have to come up with better shot words for the VP debate and the next presidential debate.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I though they both did a great job holding their own. I was proud of Obama for improving his debate skills, he use to be bad at it. Considering McCain has much more experience on foreign policy, I thought Obama held up well against him. Both interrupted each other waaay too much and McCain was always dying for the last word. FI kept flipping out over McCain''s miss statements about Iraq (FI knows so much about this war and all the countries involved it''s not funny, it is definitely something he completely agrees with Obama on). I don''t think Obama said ''um'' at all and I was shocked! So much for that being a shot word. And what is with McCain''s inability to look Obama in the eye when they shake hands? Obama does every time and McCain doesn''t. Is it simply that he does not like him or that he is embarrassed by his actions? You typically have a harder time looking someone in the eye when you are intimidated or feel shame.
Moon, this is something that really bugged me. I think his refusal to make eye contact with Obama was much more disrespectful than Obama calling him "John" instead of "Senator McCain."
38.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:25:49 PM

33.gif
Just checked- it is in fact on Thurday. YAHOO! my 2nd wedding anniversary is on Tuesday, and I sooooo wouldn''t want to spend with with Palin (OK, or Biden- for that matter!)

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 11:28:38 PM
Boo, there isn''t an InDepends thread!!
39.gif

I guess I wouldn''t have as much fun there, because there would be so few of us.
I''d be there with ya, Miracles!
35.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:30:01 PM

Yes, that is me!

I''m back after two pieces of Little Ceasar''s and a couple of glasses of wine. (Soon I will be incoherent.)

I''ll have to pull away here and there to watch FOX, but I''ll check in periodically.
Yayayay, thin or thick crust.

And thank gawd you said a ''couple'' of glasses of wine or I might have accused you of being a lightweight.
2.gif
Ha! That''s a couple of glasses after the beer! We had the regular crust -- is it called ''hand-tossed''? Hubby picks it up on the way home; it is CHEAP; 8.99 for a large with everything! Feeds us for two meals.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 11:32:49 PM

Date: 9/26/2008 11:30:01 PM

Yes, that is me!

Yayayay, thin or thick crust.

And thank gawd you said a ''couple'' of glasses of wine or I might have accused you of being a lightweight.
2.gif
Ha! That''s a couple of glasses after the beer! We had the regular crust -- is it called ''hand-tossed''? Hubby picks it up on the way home; it is CHEAP; 8.99 for a large with everything! Feeds us for two meals.
Dos Equis!!!
9.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:30:55 PM

Moon, this is something that really bugged me. I think his refusal to make eye contact with Obama was much more disrespectful than Obama calling him ''John'' instead of ''Senator McCain.''
38.gif

I agree. Especially since he always does with him. It''s almost this "you are beneath me" type of action which is just...
29.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:31:50 PM

39.gif

I guess I wouldn''t have as much fun there, because there would be so few of us.
35.gif
Yayayaya, we have hope!!

What I didn''t like about McCain:
Repetitiveness and the mention of his running mate.

What I didn''t like about Obama:
His inability to just say "Look Senator McCain, you wouldn''t need to talk about bracelets of dead soldiers if you just would have opposed the war in the first place!!"

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 11:34:33 PM

Date: 9/26/2008 11:31:50 PM

39.gif

35.gif
Yayayaya, we have hope!!

What I didn''t like about McCain:
Repetitiveness and the mention of his running mate.

What I didn''t like about Obama:
His inability to just say ''Look Senator McCain, you wouldn''t need to talk about bracelets of dead soldiers if you just would have opposed the war in the first place!!''
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Now gals, take the flaming heads and such to the other threads. This is the silly thread. We''re drinkin'' here.
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 11:39:51 PM
Now gals, take the flaming heads and such to the other threads. This is the silly thread. We''re drinkin'' here.
9.gif
Yep! And you were drinkin'' . . . Dos Equis!!!
9.gif

Toldja I like saying it! LOL!
41.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif
I support my fellow republican on this. Flames and alcohol do NOT mix. Tee hee.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:41:19 PM

9.gif
Yep! And you were drinkin'' . . . Dos Equis!!!
9.gif

Toldja I like saying it! LOL!
41.gif
Yes. Yes, you do.
9.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Duuuuuudes, or should I say Gals???

I think booze and brains always mix well.
1.gif

ETA: I am so going to email the Obama campaign with my witty retort. See what a little booze and PS will do in the confidence department?
3.gif

Do you think I should tell them to pin his ears back?<--------okay...I clearly need to go to confession. If I wasn't a recovering Catholic, I so would. But yeah, that won't be happening this weekend.
38.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reading the news commentaries now. Boy, if you''re slanted, you''re slanted eh? (And no, I am not talking about my eyes.)

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I just need to post this somewhere

braceletgx6.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:43:24 PM
Duuuuuudes, or should I say Gals???

I think booze and brains always mix well.
1.gif
You mean it doesn''t kill brain cells? Well, pour me another glass!
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, I think this was a HUGE success! We had a lot of participation in this thread tonight . . . the debate started the whole way back on PAGE THREE!!!
23.gif
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 11:44:35 PM
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:44:35 PM
I noticed Bill Clinton was wearing one the other might. Apparently you can''t be in politics anymore without one.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, girls, I''m off to bed. Thanks for making this so much fun!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results