shape
carat
color
clarity

David Klass CAD - Vintage Bezel Halo

YadaYadaYada

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The extra finger coverage of the one with the bigger donut is nice, that would be what I would pick but go with your gut.

YadaYadaYada

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@michellelynn9175 makes sense to me. Sometimes you “just know”. Good thing to get both wax so you could compare, that was smart.

michellelynn9175

Brilliant_Rock
@michellelynn9175 makes sense to me. Sometimes you “just know”. Good thing to get both wax so you could compare, that was smart.

It was a suggestion from @CHRISTY-DANIELLE (thank you!!!) and I’m so glad I did, because if I had gone with what I THOUGHT I wanted, I would’ve ended up with option 2. I just hope I don’t lose all the detail of the basket with option 3. I know the wax mold isn’t accurate but it’s very filled in and runs together.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you got the molds!! Really helps doesnt it? I promise you my regret on my e-ring is that the donut is small and makes cleaning difficult. I really love the bigger donut option of the two molds, it looks great on your finger. So excited for you :appl:
Edited to add: don't judge the gallery in the mold. The actual gallery will be hand done and much more refined. (DK told me the gallery part is done by hand).

michellelynn9175

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad you got the molds!! Really helps doesnt it? I promise you my regret on my e-ring is that the donut is small and makes cleaning difficult. I really love the bigger donut option of the two molds, it looks great on your finger. So excited for you :appl:

Thank you for your help! I really am floored that I like option 3 because when I got the drawing, I was quite underwhelmed. I emailed David back to make a few slight modifications. Sizing it up to 7.75, making sure the airline didn’t change from CAD 2 to CAD 3, he reassured me the filigree detail would translate and not be a muddled mess, and I explained where I wanted the milgrain. Oh, and I had him thicken the band to 2.5 or so. Told him to use his judgement so I’m waiting for my fourth and hopefully final CAD!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    December Birthstones 2021 - Zircon, Turquoise, and Tanzanite
    December Birthstones 2021 - Zircon, Turquoise, and Tanzanite - 12/01
    "Not so Fast!" says Mother Nature
    "Not so Fast!" says Mother Nature - 11/29
    Jewels of the Week: November 2021
    Jewels of the Week: November 2021 - 11/26