shape
carat
color
clarity

DANIEL K CUSHION???!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
From what I hear the Hong Kong boys are back. I'll drop you an email update first thing tomorrow girl.
1.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
The Hong Kong show runs through the 23rd
2.gif

In our experience, most of BN's inventory is virtual with exception of their Signature Collection, the cause for their appearing to have an exclusive and very large inventory are the limited distribution contracts that they convince the cutters to sign which provides them with the exclusive right to list the diamonds on-line, but practically any other dealer with a relationship with any of the cutters supporting this practice can source the diamonds... Personally, we think it's an ill willed way to do business, unfair competion and all that, but we're happy playing in our own little world devoid of the game
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
meaning?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/22/2004 1:48:36 AM niceice wrote:

In our experience, most of BN's inventory is virtual with exception of their Signature Collection, the cause for their appearing to have an exclusive and very large inventory are the limited distribution contracts that they convince the cutters to sign which provides them with the exclusive right to list the diamonds on-line, but practically any other dealer with a relationship with any of the cutters supporting this practice can source the diamonds... Personally, we think it's an ill willed way to do business, unfair competion and all that, but we're happy playing in our own little world devoid of the game
1.gif
----------------

I've heard that too - BN's powerful enough to *convince* many cutters to only let BN list their diamonds. Other dealers have access to the stones but are not allowed to list them as part of their virtual inventory.

MMM - I think Robin & Todd are not saying the dealer (ie GOG) is supporting unfair competition, but rather that the cutters that give into BN/only let BN list their diamonds are.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't tell Alexah! Niceice only has nice things to say so I probably misread....

Anyhoo...She'll be comin round the mountain...She's available and will be here soon!
1.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
...fingers & toes crossed for you MMM!!
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

Hey Alexah- do you hav a ps pin? If no, I nominate you...you've been really helpful esp. re: all your princess cut posts!
1.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
No MMM - I've not been pinned - did i just say that?
sick.gif
I feel like i'm in high school
2.gif
Thank you for thinking of me (wishing there was a blushing smile icon to insert here)
9.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
tee hee...

actually, i nominated alexah yesterday, though she knew nothing about it
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I would like too also! Did you just pm leonid?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
awww... golly gee whiz *sniff* you guys are the best!!!!
love.gif

thank you so much for thinking of me!!
appl.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
mmm- I used the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page. I'm sure a PM would work too though!
1.gif

Any news on the cushion?!?!?!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
So, MMM, what's the latest on your diamond search? I've been so out of touch! I hate the fact that I'm working again
sad.gif
It was so much more fun to procrastinate school. At least this consulting project won't last too long!

Anyway, have you found any new stones or are you just keeping your fingers crossed for that cushion?

Hope all is well!!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
BTW, I always wondered how people got their pins! I was hoping I just had to hit the 1000 post mark!
cry.gif
Guess it's time to start giving people more positive feedback instead of judging their stones against my harsh criteria!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh nooo...welcome back to the work force! Yes, in case you forgot.. IT SUCKS.

Well, there's not much news. The cutter/rep apparently indicated to GOG that there was a substitute cushion that was actually IN the usa (lol) and that it was to be at GOG yesterday...but it turned out to be an asscher and it wasn't even remotely in my budget. GOG said that the world traveler would be back in the usa next week, but we need to work out the price... a "trivial" little detail! lol

If it doesn't work out, I'm throwing in the towel and going to save up some more $ b/c there is nothing else floating my boat right now!
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You don't have a pin ????

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like to nominate Reseacher for a pin then. She's been so helpful to so many people for ages that I think she deserves one. I'll PM Leonid. Is that how it's done?

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
MMM - I hope it the world traveller makes it back okay and is within your price range.

Chrono - what's the latest with your ring? Did you ever get it finished?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ep, my ring is going through remake #2 although I did have the opportunity to wear it for almost 2 weeks.
My Jubilee Ring Story

researcher

Ideal_Rock
You guys are so sweet! I was seriously joking about the pin. However, Leo did contact me and is sending me a pendant! I can't wait to get it!!! THANK YOU!

reena

Ideal_Rock
yes, and what about MMM and jennifer? do they not have pins? they should.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they do.

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh ok sorry. i am so out of the loop on this one. yay for researcher and alexah!
appl.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You're not allowed to solicit here!

slw925

Rough_Rock
What type of cushion cut has the best light return? I've noticed there are different types of cushions, like brillant, H&A, square, etc...
Which are the kind that have the most sparkle?

Also, would the sparkly cushion stones cost more, less or about the same in comparison to a nicely cut round diamond?

I'm wondering if I could gain more size by getting a nicely cut cushion, instead of a round. But I like the sparkle that the rounds exhibit. Are rounds the most brillant stone? or is that just a myth?

Is color an issue with the cushion cuts? (I know it's harder to detect color in an excellent cut round).

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hi! I think that yes, rounds are certainly more brilliant. You'll see that there is a large price diff re: cushions. THe older cut styles seem to be much cheaper, and a premium is put on a more modern well cut stone. I would also say that it is possible to see more color in a cushion than a round. That's my guess at least..I think that's true of most fancy shpaes v. a round. But if you like the shape of a cushion, do you want a round?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/22/2004 10:37:44 AM alexah wrote:

----------------
On 9/22/2004 1:48:36 AM niceice wrote:

1.gif
----------------

I've heard that too - BN's powerful enough to *convince* many cutters to only let BN list their diamonds. Other dealers have access to the stones but are not allowed to list them as part of their virtual inventory.

MMM - I think Robin & Todd are not saying the dealer (ie GOG) is supporting unfair competition, but rather that the cutters that give into BN/only let BN list their diamonds are.----------------

We're NOT saying anything negative about GOG - far from it, we have a great relationship with most of our competitors, including Jonathan, and certainly hope that nobody is construing otherwise... Here's what we are saying:

Blue Nile appears to offer an extensive on-line inventory of diamonds, but only a few of those diamonds are actually in-house and owned by BN, the others are virtual inventory that are held in possession by the cutters. It appears that BN's virtual inventory is exclusive to them because they have contracted with various cutters for the exclusive right to represent those diamonds on-line. However the fact is that more often than not, any one of us can usually source the diamonds listed in BN's virtual inventory from the various cutters and represent it properly to the client by providing them with detailed information, clarity photographs, proportions analysis, brilliance scope results, symmetriscope results, etc. so all we're saying is if you like a diamond that you find on BN's web site, but you want to buy it from another dealer such as GOG, WhiteFlash, DC, ourselves, etc. you probably can. Sorry for the delay in responding to the question, we've been travelling a lot for business recently - we're actually in Chicago at the moment
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I dig niceice!
1.gif
It was my mistake. I should know better
1.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
MMM - What's the latest on your search? Anything new?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results