shape
carat
color
clarity

DANIEL K CUSHION???!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG. OK- as some may know, I saw a cushion on blue nile and it just called to me. I dunno why. WELL, I got Jonathan on the case (as you all know, I'm a GOG girl) and it's in the works. It might be on its way to a Hong Kong jewelry show that it was slated for...it was actually mounted in a ring...J told me that we'll know more on Tuesday when they open up again (they are off for the Jewish holiday)...

but J just mentioned to me that.... "It's a Daniel K cushion"....!!!!! You're SUCH a tease J!!!
love.gif

I had no idea...that means they manu the stone I guess?? Now I'm REALLY going to be sick
rodent.gif

OK- just telling you all this b/c I need moral support LOL

1.gif

Everyone get out your St. Jude prayer cards for me..k?
1.gif

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
I have had the pleasure of seeing one daniel k cushion in my search. 100% drool worthy, perfect stone. The one I saw had an old look, with a crown on the high side. It was a 2 ct H... I was a little confused because I didn't know daniel K sold his stones without his settings (and this one was in someone else's setting), but he said it was daniel K stone. Lucky you!!! I bet it's going to be a beauty.

I wonder what the deal is with Daniel K stones... Does anyone know? Cna you buy them loose?

reena

Ideal_Rock
WOW! i'm not sure what that means either but given that we've all agreed daniel k is diamond-gasmic it can only be good!
appl.gif

if you go to the daniel k site there is a picture of a VERY tasty cushion cut ring . . . i couldn't post it though cause it's a flash site. and here's another cushion ring of his from an ad that's also available on his site.

DKC.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OH MMM,
How exciting. What a journey- to end with a Daniel K cushion. I'm still looking for the prayer card.....

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!!! The cert on this one shows it as being a more modern cut. Dunno. Not getting any hopes up yet!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Cushioncut...this is a loose stone...not the setting. I guess they also manu or are probably paired up with a manu and the stone was made for them? Interesting.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
You Lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rodent.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Now THAT is perfect use of the rodent face!!!

And you're RIGHT
rodent.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
="padding-bottom:0;marginTop:0;marginBottom:0;">----------------
On 9/16/2004 3:19:53 PM reena wrote:

i couldn't post it though cause it's a flash site\.

----------------[/quote]

take a screen shot.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least the pics below show these cushions as a modern cut with relatively small tables (about 55% in pics) and higher crown (in the ring profile).

The Professional jeweler mag has an article about where Daniel K diamnds come from (LINK) These are not branded diamodns - just sold with the Daniel K jewelry brand and selected for overall cut quality from a partner cutting company.
read.gif
So... obviously you can find a "Daniel K" cushion diamond outside DK jewelry - the cuttingfactory that makes them is both larger than the DK distribution pipeline and specializes in precission ideal cuts of different shapes.

DanielKcushion.JPG

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MMM,

I've seen the DanielK cushions before and have an excellent working relationship with their team. They are big GOG fans over there too.
1.gif
They are one of the only manufacturers cutting GIA Ex/Ex for cushions and for the most part these have been *modern* cushions.

Another of interest ... we are in the process of working up a tutorial on the new square H&A cushions and recently got in a 2ct of those which is hella gorgeous too. Since you live fairly close to us MMM you may want to pop in and let me show that to ya while we're waiting on Danny. It's the first 2ct stone we've seen of this kind ever and needless to say we're not dissappointed.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
GULP, tell me about this 2 carat square my friend
1.gif

What makes you even cooler J, is that you have access to all these stones very easily...not just the ones on your site. You're "connected"....in a good way
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
OMG MMM, those cushions ana posted are amazing. if they're any indication, "your" stone will be to die for. (that 2c H&A sq doesn't sound so bad either!)

ame: what's a screen shot?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
J's a big tease!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Takes a photo of whats on your screen. I don;t know how on a PC. Whats the site and I can do it. Im on a mac.

reena

Ideal_Rock
that sounds cool. we have a mac at home but i dont have one at work. the site is www.danielk.net

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
On a PC, hit the "print screen" key and then paste screen image in whatever document --Word or PowerPoint.
1.gif

Someone give MMM a drink FAST.
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's a collage of all the white Aschers I found.

dkasscher.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
i have a print screen button, but when i hit it nothing happens. and then how do i paste once i've done that anyway?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/16/2004 5:24:08 PM reena wrote:

i have a print screen button, but when i hit it nothing happens. and then how do i paste once i've done that anyway?
----------------

#1. hit "Print Screen"

#2. open photo editor (say, paint in windows, there must be one by default on Mac, forgot the name)

#3. Paste (you get the exact picture of the screen you "printed" - menus and all)

#4. select the portion of the image you want.

#5. copy and paste the selection as a new image file and save.

This is how my pic above got done too
1.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Prayer cards out and at the ready!

DANG, girl, you sure know how to pick 'em.

And that 2 ct square cushion sounds positively yummylicious too!!! I'm gonna be biting my nails till I hear what happens with this cusion. Thanks for the PM!
2.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
These are not branded diamodns - just sold with the Daniel K jewelry brand and selected for overall cut quality from a partner cutting company.
read.gif
So... obviously you can find a 'Daniel K' cushion diamond outside DK jewelry - the cuttingfactory that makes them is both larger than the DK distribution pipeline and specializes in precission ideal cuts of different shapes. ----------------

Well, sort of... We source all of our Cushion Cut Diamonds from Daniel K as we do our Asscher cut diamonds and we sell nothing else because the production is superb. The diamonds are cut by D.D. Manufacturing out of Belgium and they distribute their Asscher & Cushion Cut production through D.K. and their princess cut production through another company which we source our princess cuts from. D.K. is the primary U.S. distributor and the designer line portion of the company - as an authorized sight holder for the DeBeers Diamond Trading Company, D.D. Manufacturing is REQUIRED to create and promote a branded line of jewelry and a certain percentage of it's production MUST be distributed in mounted form - these are the new rules of the DTC as of a few years ago - hence the sudden creation of all the different brands of diamonds! Can you buy direct from D.D.M. - no, and neither can we although we meet with the primary cutter and our D.K. representative on a regular basis to purchase inventory and negotiate the terms of our distribution contract for their production... We were privy to a conversation where a dealer was trying to talk directly with the cutter in hopes of purchasing about three million dollars worth of diamonds in one fell swoop and were impressed when he pointed to the representitive who we work with and said "I am the manufacturer, he is the distributor, if you want to buy the diamonds you talk to him" and that was that.

Fabrikant, the other company mentioned in the article does not purchase diamonds from D.D.M. - they are another cutting firm and like D.D.M., they have arrangements with other companies for the branded distribution of their production... And as we recall, Fabrikant also happens to be the U.S. Distributor for the Royal Asscher... It's amazing how intertwined a lot of these companies are when you start to watch the web unravel
2.gif

Anyway, hopefully the diamond that Jonathan is trying to source for you is set in a ring where it can be removed because a lot of the DK production does not lend itself to allowing the center stone to be removed easily... But that doesn't mean that a comparable puppy won't be available because they have stuff coming off the wheel all the time.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Actually, yes, as stated above, it was set in a ring for a jewelry show! But I'm not too worried at this point. As you say, many fish in the sea. For every stone I've seen that I would "die " without, a nicer one has come around the bend, and during that time, I've saved been able to up the budget quite a bit...a cushion, a jubilee, I'll take either really!

and I did notice that you also had a lovely cushion that was similar in cut!
1.gif
I've always got my feelers out!!!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Actually, yes, as stated above, it was set in a ring for a jewelry show! But I'm not too worried at this point. As you say, many fish in the sea. For every stone I've seen that I would "die " without, a nicer one has come around the bend, and during that time, I've saved been able to up the budget quite a bit...a cushion, a jubilee, I'll take either really!

and I did notice that you also had a lovely cushion that was similar in cut!
1.gif
I've always got my feelers out!!!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/16/2004 9:28:33 PM niceice wrote:

[...] these are the new rules of the DTC as of a few years ago - hence the sudden creation of all the different brands of diamonds!

----------------

Thanks! I was wandering for the longest time what's the use of branding an unset diamond...
1.gif
This still does not make much sense, but at least the cause is straightforward.

I could not avoid notice that some of your more intricate settings also appear on www.danielk.net
read.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I guess the bottom line is, it could be a very nice stone!
1.gif
We shall see.

like this one on niceice...
1.gif

http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/gia13112895/gia13112895.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
ooh, that niceice one DOES look fab. (but a little small for you MMM!) the weird thing is, though, did you notice that on the label stuck to the cert is says the stone is a princess?
confused.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
ok, success! here's the tastie cushion from the daniel k site.
love.gif
thanks to ame and ana.

DKcushion.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OOOOh- nothing like an icey solitaire!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That is outstanding!!!

Here is another one like it....but this was is MUCH too rich for my blood...

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00327180

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results