shape
carat
color
clarity

Dancing Fire has passed away

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m just reading of Dancing Fire’s passing now, with great sadness. Like many others, I realized this was a possibility, but hoped that he was merely on an extra-long timeout. His affection for PS - and for the interactions here - was evident, and I knew hew never just do a “flounce” and leave us without at least saying goodbye.

I’m so sorry that we didn’t have a chance to say goodbye to him. Letting his family know how much he is valued and loved here is, I guess, the next-best thing. I do hope they’ll have a chance to read this thread and all our memories of him.

Just the other day I was thinking about the name he chose for himself on PS: Dancing Fire. What a brilliant way to capture the essence of the diamond! But as @Bron357 pointed out, it also captured the essence of DF himself.

I’ll miss his wit, his gentle poking, his viewpoints, and his ability to get us all interacting with each other whether it was over matters of substance or trivialities. And I’ll miss that feeling of being somewhat exasperated over many of those things!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My deepest condolences to his family. I cannot believe it, he was too young. Many others have expressed much more eloquently what I feel: We have lost a good man. It sounds simple, but there aren't that many around.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This. I was so shocked last night that I couldn't even speak. As I read through all the posts just now, the tears just came. So many sweet tributes. Andrey has explained why we feel this loss so deeply. DF had been here since 2004 and I joined PS in Jan. 2006. I have many friends here and DF was among them. To lose one that added so much personality and humor to the forum is a great loss. But it's an even greater loss to lose a member of our PS family. He was just too young. I still can't believe it. My deepest sympathy to his wife, daughters, sons-in-law, and dearest grandchildren.

I know. DF and I joined in the same month/year! Such a long time to "know" someone! I still feel teary too.

@Dee*Jay posted a picture of him and I know the muscle car photo she is talking of. But there is another photo I identify as DF (Peter), and if I can find it, I'll post it. (DF sitting with (just) his watch showing).

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Peter's wife told me that posting on Pricescope was one of Peter's favorite pastimes.

She also sent me this message and asked that I share it with all of you,

"Thank you for sharing the link, Wink. Reading the PS’ condolences and fond thoughts of Peter has been so touching.

We would like to thank the PS community for their outpour of love and support."

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know. DF and I joined in the same month/year! Such a long time to "know" someone! I still feel teary too.

@Dee*Jay posted a picture of him and I know the muscle car photo she is talking of. But there is another photo I identify as DF (Peter), and if I can find it, I'll post it. (DF sitting with (just) his watch showing).

Do you mean these?

img_1532-jpg.813583

img_1535-jpg.813584

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF sure knew how to pick the finest. :clap:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have thought of him all day too. I felt certain that regardless of the reason for his absence, he would be back. In that vein, I think we all feel robbed somehow.
He loved to stir the pot and that did get him in trouble here from time to time. It did not negate the affection we had for this guy. It is hard to describe to non-forum participants how affected you can be from someone’s death that you never met in person, never shared a meal, never had a phone conversation with and yet - it hurts like you have lost a good friend.
While we knew of his deep devotion to his family, there was much we didn’t know about him. He was a master of dodging questions and down playing his life. According to him, we all had more money than he did and really should give it to him! Lol! While he could aggravate you to distraction, I always felt that he was a really good guy. He kept PS going many times when it got slow and could always make you smile in spite of himself.
Life is made richer by the people that cross our paths - in any form - and I think we all feel richer by having known him and deeply mourn his loss. It will take a long while to truly absorb this but we all have something to contribute to each other’s lives. We are joined first and foremost by our love of jewelry but it is clear that friendships develop that must be cherished - we are all just passing through this life. Hugs to all of you as we grieve this loss. I know that DF would make fun of us for being so soft - lol!

@MissGotRocks, Thank you for your above post. In a couple of paragraphs you perfectly wrote how many of us felt and what we are feeling. It’s a beautiful post.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks, Thank you for your above post. In a couple of paragraphs you perfectly wrote how many of us felt and what we are feeling. It’s a beautiful post.

Thank you @Calliecake. I think his loss hit many of us hard and sometimes it helps to share our thoughts and feelings. We then realize that many of us are feeling the exact same way and it is somehow comforting. There is so much heart running through this forum! At times like these, it makes you really stop and think about how blessed we are to be able to tune in here for support, fellowship, sharing and a few good laughs!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mean these?

img_1532-jpg.813583

img_1535-jpg.813584

Kim: It isn't this one--yet this is a very fine example of DF's beautiful pieces!! Thank you. The one I am thinking of is where he is wearing a dark suit pants , dress shoes, and I believe his Lange watch. I LOVE that watch!!!! I shared with him it was my favorite picture.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Calliecake. I think his loss hit many of us hard and sometimes it helps to share our thoughts and feelings. We then realize that many of us are feeling the exact same way and it is somehow comforting. There is so much heart running through this forum! At times like these, it makes you really stop and think about how blessed we are to be able to tune in here for support, fellowship, sharing and a few good laughs!

Again, perfectly said @MissGotRocks. Please don’t ever change. You are a treasure here! I felt sad all day yesterday. It was comforting to know so many others were feeling the same way.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He will be sadly missed. RIP, DF.
This is from the book The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran:

"We would ask now of Death.
And he said:
You would know the secret of death.
But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life?
The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light.
If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life.
For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.
In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond;
And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring.
Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king whose hand is to be laid upon him in honour.
Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king?
Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling
For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?
Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance."

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kim: It isn't this one--yet this is a very fine example of DF's beautiful pieces!! Thank you. The one I am thinking of is where he is wearing a dark suit pants , dress shoes, and I believe his Lange watch. I LOVE that watch!!!! I shared with him it was my favorite picture.

img_10411-jpg.453854

img_10412-jpg.453855

I think this is it, and you're right, Sharon--it's a wonderful photo of DF.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RIP @Dancing Fire ! Sending your family my deepest sympathies, hugs, prayers, and emotional support through there time of grief.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, Wink, thanks for letting us know. DF was so much fun in the forum and contributed so much over the years. I am so sorry for the loss to his family, who he clearly adored.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just looked up a similar watch. My eyeballs almost fell out of my sockets. They’re EXPENSIVE! I had no idea…He deserved the finest @kenny.

I love his watch. I went looking one day to add to my list of dream pieces and just sat staring. I had expected $$$, but not $$$$$$. Maybe some day. Dancing Fire has introduced those works of art to me and I don't think I will ever be happy with just a watch again.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep thinking about how he touched our lives. Today is my birthday and it was also his birthday. Which I didn’t know until Wink posted the obituary.

Happy first Angel birthday DF.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results