shape
carat
color
clarity

Dancing Fire has passed away

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Ive been trying to put my feelings into words since last night, but I keep coming up short. DF was a true gem of a man. He loved his family and was so proud of his daughters and grands! My heartfelt sympathies to all who had the privilege of knowing him. ❤️

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Such sad news…..I’ll miss the contentious son of a gun. He really made things interesting.
Sending love and comfort to his family.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Such unexpected and sad news. I loved your humour DF. My sincere condolences go to DF’s family and friends.

You will be greatly missed XXX

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
I was really hoping that DF was on a timeout and would be back soon. This is such incredibly sad news, and I know his passing has left a huge hole in the lives of everyone who knew him.

To DF's family, I hope that in time, this thread will give you some comfort. PS will not be the same without DF's irreverent and irrepressible sense of humor and style, and he will be missed tremendously. As much as he loved diamonds and watches, know that his love for his wife, daughters, and grandkids came first.

Thanks for sharing him with us, and I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am shocked and very sad About the news. Sending my hug and condolence to the DF family.

etudes

Rough_Rock
My deepest condolences to his family. Thank you for informing us, Wink.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I never really interacted with DF since I neither collect diamonds nor watches, and I’m not much on Hangout, but ever since I can remember he has always been here, and I have been amused many times by the verbal jousting. It‘s lovely that his devotion to this forum has found resting places in so many memories.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
I was having trouble finding my words and wasn't able to edit my post above, but I just wanted to add that while I never knew what exactly would be in DF's threads or posts, I always knew they would be entertaining and that he would be good-natured about disagreements with other PS members. That is something that is sorely lacking in our discourse today, and I wish more people could take his approach. You were one of a kind and I will miss your posts, DF.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been a day and I can't stop thinking about DF, one reason is I'm puzzled about something.
How can someone who was so often banned be so loved by so many in its community?
How could such a "naughty" person touch so many here at PS.

After all, I see PS as a community that mostly represents a certain half of America.
DF, in many ways, the other half.

Merriam-Webster defines sleeper as:
"Someone or something unpromising or unnoticed that suddenly attains prominence or value. Example: The low-budget film became the summer's sleeper"

I see DF as a sleeper.
He struck me as not aware that his life taight a much needed, and timely lesson, for a severely-divided America.

IOW I learned from DF that you don't have to be "woke" to be wonderful.

Last edited:

kah42

Shiny_Rock
This is so sad. I loved seeing his posts, his humor, and his love for his family. He loved so deeply and will be very missed. Fly high, DF.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw this. DF and I didn't share the same political views, but I really enjoyed reading his posts. I knew he was a good man who adored his family very much. How very sad for his loved ones, my heart goes out to them.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't stop thinking about DF as well @kenny. I can't speak for others but I admired DF as he never took himself too seriously. His opinions differed from many on PS but he always presented them with joyous gusto. He was able to laugh at the ridiculous state of American affairs and still love America. The world needs more people like DF.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Heartbreaking…heart broken.
Thank you for making this sad, old gal smile with your irreverent sense of humor at her darkest. You don’t know me, DF, but I will always remember and appreciate YOU.

Thank you so much, @Wink for letting the PS community, and I’m deeply sorry for your loss of a wonderful friend. My sincerest condolence to DF’s family. He loved you so.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No matter how contentious some debates got (before political posts were banned) DF always said, “I have thick skins“ and “I still love you”. He kept it all in perspective, was kind hearted and truly cared about his PS friends.
He knew his diamonds too!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Such sad news. The love he had for his family really came through in his posts here, and I can only imagine how hard this is for them. He had such a good sense of humor, which was evident here as well! Very sorry to lose him as a community member here and id like to extend condolences and prayers to his family.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
I know, you, his family are heartbroken to lose such a wonderful man. He spoke often of his wife, his daughters and his grandchildren. He was proud of you all.
I will miss him as well He was the example of what liking the opposition feels like, the way it ought to be. He was a strong man and what I remember about him is he never got angry with us. He had an easy temperament, which I admired.
Part of me is having a hard time believing this, yet I know it must be true. It was good to cross paths with him in my life. He was and is a good example for me.

Mrs. DF & daughters, you have my heartfelt condolences. He will be missed.

Annette

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's been a day and I can't stop thinking about DF, one reason is I'm puzzled about something.
How can someone who was so often banned be so loved by so many in its community?
How could such a "naughty" person touch so many here at PS.

After all, I see PS as a community that mostly represents a certain half of America.
DF, in many ways, the other half.

Merriam-Webster defines sleeper as:
"Someone or something unpromising or unnoticed that suddenly attains prominence or value. Example: The low-budget film became the summer's sleeper"

I see DF as a sleeper.
He struck me as not aware that his life taight a much needed, and timely lesson, for a severely-divided America.

IOW I learned from DF that you don't have to be "woke" to be wonderful.

@kenny I’m also deeply affected by his passing. I’ve been thinking about him since we heard the sad news yesterday. I didn’t know him personally..but I really loved reading his comments. He was naughty and lovable at the same time..I loved that about him.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
It is harder to find a "MIND CLEAN" stone than a eye clean stone !!....Legendary. So many people still quote this.
To the family, I am very sorry for your incredible loss. May DF rest in peace and his spirit know that he was so loved.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Rest In Peace and thank you for everything that you shared with us, Peter (Dancing Fire).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, I want to thank the women who reached out to me and told me of Dancing Fire's death. I had not seen the news Wink posted here on Pricescope and I am grateful for their thoughtfulness.

Second, DF's wife wanted us to share memories of him. I bantered with him for the entire time we were both on Pricescope, which was about 18 years, I think. What I remember most is that he never once got angry or ceased to be cheerful with me about a political dispute. And I do not think we ever had a political conversation (during the times when these were legal here on Pricescope) in which we agreed.

The closest I came to seeing DF become testy (and he actually did not become testy, just perhaps a tad impatient with me) is when he had a big anniversary here, having posted a million times (or something) and I tried to push a cake on him. That was back in the days when I was giving cakes to posters who hit 10,000 postings and wanted a cake. I felt DF SHOULD have a cake for so many postings! Well, he disagreed. He didn't want a cake. And like President G.H.W.Bush who said he was President and he didn't have to eat broccoli, DF basically told me that he was an adult and he didn't have to eat cake! I loved that man!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
PriceScope is more than a just community, I consider us a family. Any loss is difficult and the loss of a family member is especially painful.

In a positive light, I consider all of us fortunate that DF chose to spend so much time here helping the community, sharing his special sense of humor and enriching the PriceScope family.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No matter how contentious some debates got (before political posts were banned) DF always said, “I have thick skins“ and “I still love you”. He kept it all in perspective, was kind hearted and truly cared about his PS friends.
He knew his diamonds too!

@Bonfire, You read my mind. THIS is how I will always remember @Dancing Fire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results