carat
color
clarity

Dancing Fire has passed away

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Dear Friends,

I received a call this morning that Peter, Dancing Fire, has passed away. He was a great friend to so many of us, and I know I am not the only one who truly laments his loss.

He was a beacon of light in my world, which now seems somewhat dimmer. I contacted his wife this morning to see if they had a particular memorial they wished donations to in lieu of flowers, but she responded that they do not and they are happy to receive memories of him here:

I hope many of you will share some of your memories of him here too.

Sincerely,

Wink

[Edited to protect the Family]

Last edited by a moderator:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Friends,

I received a call this morning that Peter Tam, Dancing Fire, has passed away. He was a great friend to so many of us, and I know I am not the only one who truly laments his loss.

He was a beacon of light in my world, which now seems somewhat dimmer. I contacted his wife this morning to see if they had a particular memorial they wished donations to in lieu of flowers, but she responded that they do not and they are happy to receive memories of him here:

Sincerely,

Wink

That is so very sad. I completely disagreed with him on politics, but I always liked him. That was a beautiful tribute you wrote, Wink.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I am so saddened to hear this.
I didn't know DF as well or as long as many of you, and I know I was a pain in his ass and he was a pain in mine.
He was always up for a friendly spar. A world class shit stirrer of the highest order.
He loved his grandbabies like nobody's business. And the man could rock a ring and a watch with the best of them.
He was well loved by many. What more can you ask in this life?
He will be missed.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no! His poor family
What a loss to pricescope

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness. I am so very sorry to hear this! What a loss! My thoughts are with his family. I know he was a very devoted grandfather.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s so very sad and terrible news, I was just thinking about him yesterday, wondering when he would come back. It was obvious from his posts he was very dedicated to his grandchildren. RIP DF, we will miss you so much!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, I'm very sad.
I'm going to really miss my cohort in crime. :Up_to_something:
I really admired how he'd stick to his guns, and maintain his chipper sense of humor.

Now he's up in the clouds stirring the pot to the tune of, "DF in the Sky With Diamonds"

Thank you, Wink.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What terrible news. His poor family.
I’m so sad. I always enjoyed his posts and liked him very much. May he Rest In Peace.

You will be greatly missed Dancing Fire. :(

Thank you for letting us know Wink.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for letting us know Wink. And condolences on the loss of your friend.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sad news, RIP Dancing Fire, you will be missed.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
omg. I was so worried this was the case. That is so heartbreaking. Thank you for letting us know.

I know it's not mentioned and it's not our business, but I am curious to how he passed so suddenly.

Prayers and hugs to his family and friends </3

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for letting us know Wink. I always appreciated his interesting points of view and great sense of humor!

StarshineSweet

Rough_Rock
Trade
It hurts my heart to hear this. Peter was such a great guy, and he always seemed to be happy. His loss will be felt by many. :(2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh my goodness--I am very sad. SAD.:(sad Tears.

Too young; gone too early. I admired his fortitude. I will miss him here. Truly. My heart goes out to his dear family.

kind regards--Sharon

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, this is terrible news. I always enjoyed his posts and his sense of humor. He was a mainstay of this board and it won’t be the same without him. Im so sad for his wife, daughters and grandchildren. I know that he and his wife watched the grandchildren and they will now have a huge hole in their lives. What a loss.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
My condolences to the family. He was very much loved here. Will miss his witty rhetoric.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, no! I was wondering about him as I hadn't been seeing him around here. Just figured it was another time out and he'd be back bringing smiles and telling about his beautiful grandbabies once it was over. His posts made me laugh until I cried a few times and brought many smiles to otherwise bland days. There will certainly be fewer smiles with him gone.

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Dear Friends,

I received a call this morning that Peter Tam, Dancing Fire, has passed away. He was a great friend to so many of us, and I know I am not the only one who truly laments his loss.

Sincerely,

Wink

Oh no, this is dreadful news. I am so sad for his family, friends, and so many here that truly enjoyed his commentary. PS just won't be the same. Rest in Peace DancingFire. Heartfelt condolences to your wife and family.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I am so sad to hear of this news.

yes he was a stirrer and I do enjoy the sparring that he brings. Also love the knowledge he brought to the forum that I visit: ideal cut rounds and watches.

condolences to his family.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sad sad news.
Journey well @Dancing Fire
He lived up to his moniker. He shone so bright, was mesmerizing and we were made aware, move too close to the flame and “whoosh” we’d go.
A joy to read his many many posts and to share in his wonderful knowledge and experience.
Probably one of the very best “gems” ever seen here on Pricescope.
Love and hugs to his family.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no I’m so very sad to read this. He was such a huge contributor here on Pricescope, I always got a chuckle from his comments. I too noticed he hasn’t been on and I was worried something was wrong.

You will be missed Dancing Fire.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m saddened to hear this news, I was wondering where DF was as he was missing from PS for a long time.
Sending sincere condolences to his family during this awful time. So sad, he will be missed by many.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im shocked and very saddened
i thought very highly of DF, i thought he was the bees knees in fact

my most sincear codolences to Mrs Tam and the whole family
i feel devastated for your loss

a special hug to that lovelly little granddaughter he loved so much
i took much enjoyment from his posts where he mentioned his family, it was obvious how much he loved you all and you are all in my thoughts and prayers today

i'll miss him very much around these parts
Dancing Fire was so funny, he made me laugh without even trying
he was also very kind to me
we shared a political outlook from different ends of the planet

i feel the internet is a sadder place today without DF in it

with deepest sympathy
Nicky
NZ

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sad to hear about his death and I shall miss him on PS for certain!

R.I.P..

And thanks Wink for letting us know.

DK :cry2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear Friends,

Sincerely,

Wink

thank you for letting us know Wink

I had another internet friend pass away this year and what we did was we 'collected up' her memorial thread and gave it to her husband
he did appreate it and took comfort from it

Perhaps you could do this for Mrs Tam in a few days

Just because we only know people off the internet doesnt mean we arnt real friends

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How very sad. @Dancing Fire will be sorely missed. I always admired that he didn’t shy away from posting opinions different to the majority, and would fight his corner with good humour.

Sincere condolences to his family, who, I’m sure, must be devastated by his sudden passing.

Thank you for letting us know @Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results