shape
carat
color
clarity

Dancing Fire has passed away

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear... I am just now seeing this thread. I am very sad to hear of DF's passing. I am thinking of his family and friends.

I am sorry, @msop04. You have been here forever and had plenty of time to grow really attached to him.

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
I am so shocked and saddened to see this news. My condolences to Dancing Fire’s family and friends. Although I never knew him in real life, he came across as an adoring husband, father, and grandfather in his posts.

Pricescope and Dancing Fire are synonymous for me. I’ve come to Pricescope from time to time over the years as a mostly silent reader and have come to rely on seeing Dancing Fire’s A. Lange & Sohne watch avatar in many threads. @kenny 's screenshot really captured DF's contributions and what he "looked like" on Pricescope.

I will remember DF for bringing a smile to my lips when coming across threads like those about his family or his trip to Europe.

Dancing Fire--a man who enjoyed fine time pieces and beautiful diamonds was given too little time on earth, but boy did he sparkle. Gone too soon, but not forgotten.

Dancing Fire, Rest In Peace.

Thank you to DF and also would like to take a moment to thank the many constant Pricescopers (@diamondseeker2006, @missy, @kenny, @LLJsmom, @Phoenix, and many many more) I see in the various threads over the years.

Thank you @Wink for starting this tribute thread.

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My condolences on the death of your father, Monnie. That is a huge loss.

Hugs,
Deb

Thank you, Deb. I appreciate your sentiment.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well if this isn’t an absolute kick in the baguettes! My heart is beyond heavy to learn of Peter’s passing. He was funny, feisty, friendly, spirited & steadfast, and always generous with his diamond knowledge.

To his beloved wife, children, grandchildren & entire family, I extend heartfelt condolences & prayers across this great country he so cherished, and pray that his memory will forever cast as brilliant & sparkling a light in your lives as he did to all of us on PS.

Rest in eternal peace my friend!

DFF19A09-7C09-407F-AB52-ABE6138F395B.gif

voce

Ideal_Rock
Very saddened to hear this. Condolences to the family. Hope he's enjoying steaks and seafood and diamonds in heaven.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First humming softly, then singing ...

Hmmmm hmmmm ...
Memories, light the corner of my mind.
Misty watercolor memories, of the way he was.

My best memories of DF are of him being a naughty boy.
Which reminds me ...
Am I Miss. Taken, or did DF, very long ago, post, "Show me your +i+s"?

Last edited:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am just seeing this. My heart breaks for his family. He was loved by many. I am so sorry and it is truly a loss for not only his family but for our ps community.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of DF's favorite images, I can not see it without thinking of him.
lol.gif

+1 LOL

He'd often post it when women were discussing some lady-only topic. :shock:
I really miss the guy.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh this is so sad to see! DF was such a big presence here, and always started such funny threads or came in with the jokes. So many jokes. I am sure wherever he is, he is continuing to do so in true DF style - with a very expensive watch on his wrist.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few from memory lane:

I know one in particular that he started and has since been removed due to PS updates - the Show me your face thread.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about a permanent stickie thread called This Thread is Worthless Without Pics! In his memory. Pictures of (almost) anything he would love.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about a permanent stickie thread called This Thread is Worthless Without Pics! In his memory. Pictures of (almost) anything he would love.

Haha I'd love to contribute to that thread. In his honor may I share this photo. I know he would have loved it. :)

bathingsuitphoto.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, a big reason DF was so loved here is he was one of the few on PS who wasn't woke.
To me, this was refreshing.

Much of humor has always surfed on the breaking waves of outrage.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m just now seeing this, and am so very sad and shocked to hear DF passed away. :cry2: He had such a presence here and will be sorely missed by so many. I am especially sad for his wife and daughters.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results