shape
carat
color
clarity

CvB Peruzzi 7 stone ring

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes the strongest loves are the ones that take awhile to grow, I hope this is the case for you because both the ring and the stones are absolutely stunning!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very cool ring. Marvelous really....

cheers--Sharon

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 - here’s the shot you asked for with my engagement ring. Please excuse my poor camera skills! I wouldn’t wear them together as I prefer my engagement ring with either a plain metal band or a much thinner pave-type eternity band, but it’s interesting to see the different characters together.

Interestingly, if you zoom in slightly, the stone just to the right of the centre one is showing more of the character I thought I’d see based on macros. The centre stone is showing more like what I see at real life size, where the facets under the table are very busy and almost broken-up somehow. Maybe it’s an element of pure bad luck to some degree - if there’s differences between the stones, it may just be that the one that’s least pleasing straight on to my eyes happens to be dead centre in the ring and so is the one facing me full-on?

I also just realised from the pic that I haven’t cleaned my engagement ring after having lotion on yesterday - oops!

7A244D32-A3C7-4E71-A159-85E1205B324E.jpeg

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sometimes the strongest loves are the ones that take awhile to grow, I hope this is the case for you because both the ring and the stones are absolutely stunning!

Thank you @Asscherhalo_lover, and what a beautiful sentiment this is. I’ve had a couple of chats with my children, who are not really alpha-male types, about how a quiet, hard-earned, inner confidence is a much nicer, and often more enduring, form of confidence than a brash exterior almost arrogance, and I hope, as you say, that familiarity and time will do the equivalent here. The stones almost have different personalities from profile and front-on and I think you’re right that time will hopefully leave me loving all aspects of them.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The perspective shot of this ring on your hand is amazing. It’s got some serious presence. I notice the shape of the stones the most and how it fills out the whole band, which I love. I have to hand it to Caysie. That four prong setting couldn’t complement and enhance the stones more. Please let us know how you feel after a while. The ring itself is stunning. Hope you enjoy it more over time.

Thanks, @LLJsmom. Caysie definitely did a great job with the setting. I love linear shaped stones, but protecting the pointy corners is always an issue. I think the setting does a perfect job of showing off the stones, but protecting the most vulnerable bits a little too, without being clunky.

I’m also really pleased with the presence for 3mm width. I think it’s the perfect Goldilocks daily size for me - enough to stand alone but not too much.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 - here’s the shot you asked for with my engagement ring. Please excuse my poor camera skills! I wouldn’t wear them together as I prefer my engagement ring with either a plain metal band or a much thinner pave-type eternity band, but it’s interesting to see the different characters together.

Interestingly, if you zoom in slightly, the stone just to the right of the centre one is showing more of the character I thought I’d see based on macros. The centre stone is showing more like what I see at real life size, where the facets under the table are very busy and almost broken-up somehow. Maybe it’s an element of pure bad luck to some degree - if there’s differences between the stones, it may just be that the one that’s least pleasing straight on to my eyes happens to be dead centre in the ring and so is the one facing me full-on?

I also just realised from the pic that I haven’t cleaned my engagement ring after having lotion on yesterday - oops!

I like them, together. I also like the band separate! Your ER is beautiful!!! Absolutely perfect!! :love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lissyflo, i found your post very interesting. I had a similar experience with my “asscher” from Yoram. In photos it looks very sculptural with crisp facets, but in person it is extremely “active” with scintillation like a round brilliant more than broad flashes, which overides being able to see the facets. I said in a post after I got it - it is not just another pretty face and is very talkative...Yoram’s cutting has a unique flavor. Those are gorgeous stones!!!

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lissyflo, i found your post very interesting. I had a similar experience with my “asscher” from Yoram. In photos it looks very sculptural, but in person it is extremely “active” with scintillation like a round brilliant more than broad flashes. I said in a post after I got it - it is not just another pretty face ...Yoram’s cutting has a unique flavor. Those are gorgeous stones!!!
Stop it! You are not helping my 'Want NOWWWW' tendencies that cannot be serviced by my meagre income... LOL :lol: :D

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo
I actually really love how they look together and I usually don’t like big diamond bands next to engagement rings cos they usually detract from it. But this works.. and would look gorgeous with a thin plain band between them in the same metal or a different colour. It’s a gorgeous band and I hope it’s a slow burn for you

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really like this look. I agree with @foxinsox I think it’s because the outline of the Peruzzi cuts echo the shape of your asscher but the faceting is different so it makes both rings visually interesting. In a picture which is static, it looks fabulous. I can understand why in real life you may want a “calmer” band. It’s like why I wouldn’t wear my MRB five stone with my OEC but to the outside observer it looks amazing. That band is growing on me by the second. I wish I could see it IRL.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lissyflo, i found your post very interesting. I had a similar experience with my “asscher” from Yoram. In photos it looks very sculptural with crisp facets, but in person it is extremely “active” with scintillation like a round brilliant more than broad flashes, which overides being able to see the facets. I said in a post after I got it - it is not just another pretty face and is very talkative...Yoram’s cutting has a unique flavor. Those are gorgeous stones!!!

Thanks, @Jimmianne! You’ve expressed what I’m seeing much more eloquently and succinctly than I could!

You’re exactly right - I thought it was me incorrectly assuming how the stones would perform based on static pictures, or possibly purely due to the size of the facets as these are small stones. But it sounds like it’s an expression of Yoram’s cutting style in other cuts too if you get a similar feel in your larger asscher. I guess it takes a while to adjust from what you think you’ll see in real life to how the stones actually behave - they’re inarguably beautiful, I just feel like we need a longer ‘getting to know you’ spell than I expected to override my assumptions.

It sounds ridiculous to talk about an inanimate object being challenging, and it isn’t quite the right word, but they are certainly thought provoking in how they behave!

How do you feel about your asscher? It’s probably one of the most beautiful stones I’ve ever seen pictures of - do you feel slightly sad that the liveliness stops you seeing those stunning facets in real life, or are you absorbed in the character now you’re used to it and know that the facets drive all that liveliness and scintillation?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo
I actually really love how they look together and I usually don’t like big diamond bands next to engagement rings cos they usually detract from it. But this works.. and would look gorgeous with a thin plain band between them in the same metal or a different colour. It’s a gorgeous band and I hope it’s a slow burn for you

Aaah, don’t enable me! I’ve had a craving for a bamboo band in rose or yellow gold since one of Jessica McCormack’s was posted here but I’m officially on lock-down for at least two decades now!!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like this look. I agree with @foxinsox I think it’s because the outline of the Peruzzi cuts echo the shape of your asscher but the faceting is different so it makes both rings visually interesting. In a picture which is static, it looks fabulous. I can understand why in real life you may want a “calmer” band. It’s like why I wouldn’t wear my MRB five stone with my OEC but to the outside observer it looks amazing. That band is growing on me by the second. I wish I could see it IRL.

Thanks! I’ve promised Ooohshiny some videos so I’ll post them here as the next best thing to IRL. Typically after weeks of heat wave and sunshine it’s now dull and overcast outside, but I’ll get on it as soon as the sun comes back!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous ring! Caysie did a stunning job on the claws.

I love your logic about the peruzzis as a way to have a cut that compliments your Asscher without being as lively as a MRB. My hunch is that as soon as you get used to the reality of the stones vs what you had envisioned, they will be absolutely perfect.

Congrats on a beautiful piece!

Thank you @Tonks! Caysie did such a great job - the claws are amazing and flow really seamlessly from the swoop of the basket. The view of them from the side is my absolute favourite. I love that, from the top, the band looks linear but the side view is soft and sweeping.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful ring and I hope it grows on you.

Thanks @Queenie60. I’m definitely getting more used to how the stones perform. It was great to hear that Jimmianne had similar first impressions of her asscher, as it takes away some of me questioning what I’m seeing. For whatever reason, his stones seem to perform differently in movement to how one might expect from static shots. But they’re undeniably beautiful and interesting!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! That band/prongs look like perfection!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny (or anyone else who knows!) - can we upload videos directly from a mobile phone now? I thought I’d read somewhere that it’s possible, but can’t find a thread on how to do it!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummmm... I may have to admit defeat on that one! lol

The 'media' button that's in the options buttons above the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the thread says:

"You may embed media from the following sites:

I think you might want to 'Upload a File' using the button below the Quick Reply box (next to the 'Post Reply' button) - that gives me a pop-up window from which to attach files from my computer, so hopefully it will work for you!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol-2:

Thank you. They really are photogenic. I love yours, each and every stone. And I know exactly what you are talking about because I had the same thought process.

The funny thing:
my [B]main[/B] concern before I got to see my diamond in person was that it would be too ”cold”... a block of carved ice. It looked aloof and clinically perfect. I was afraid it would not have much personality.
Surprise surprise. I was totally bowled over when I opened the package. I mean, blown away, as in omg, what is this??! How can look like this??! I was expecting to see a regular asscher LOL

Now the only diamond I would trade it for would be if Yoram made me a [I]present[/I] of an 8mm D/VVS of the exact same flavor (!)
Gosh thank you for asking me about it.
I’m sitting here looking at it as I write and I’m smitten : )

I wish I could see your ring in person. Let me know when you think up more ways to describe the flavor : ) and please, I would like to hear more of your soul searching!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool videos, thank you for posting them! :))

They perform very well in direct sunlight, the arch-enemy of diamonds :lol: lol, and the one in shade seems to show them giving off some lovely pastel colours, similar to how I'd expect OMCs and OECs to perform.

They don't seem to have a position where they are 'off', which is great - I like it when diamonds look good from all angles! - and you can really see the character they have :)

I hope they grow on you as you get to know their character some more!

Have you seen them in candlelight yet? If they are optimised for that sort of older-style lighting, I wonder how they will perform... :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo oooh thank you for the extra eye candy and videos. GORGEOUS!!!!:kiss2:

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo that shade video is to die for! It's beautiful. Have you tried it next to a big fat ashoka from boodles, just for fun? The cut reminds me of their scissor cuts. And if time doesn't make you fall in love, there are a lot of EU based Psers who I'm sure would love to buy it, wink wink.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo that shade video is to die for! It's beautiful. Have you tried it next to a big fat ashoka from boodles, just for fun? The cut reminds me of their scissor cuts. And if time doesn't make you fall in love, there are a lot of EU based Psers who I'm sure would love to buy it, wink wink.

Thanks, @737lizakg.

You’re right on scissor cuts - they definitely have a similar vibe. I’m not sure I’d trust myself trying on a sizeable Ashoka though - I’m not sure I’d be able to override my urge to make a run for the door with it!

I’m enjoying its different sides more and more with each wear, but you make a good point - I hadn’t actually thought about an EU sale!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results