shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion cut guide for dummies?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
few things....
1. best not to discuss other forums, there is no perfect forum and there''s no need to spread drama....
2. I wouldn''t do I1 in a cushion... you could probably get away with it if it is a modified but if that is an antique type there''s no *way* I''d do even SI2.
3. that looks like it could be a modified and if it is it will have a more crushed ice look than that picture leads it to believe. If you want to work with that company tell them you want a cushion brilliant and either with the facets at 12/3/6/9 or the facet JUNCTIONS at 12/3/6/9. Unless you like the look.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. I''m sorry. I don''t like it. That bow-tie looks very pronounced...but then again, David''s pictures seem to always be very bad to me with the stones being prettier in person (when the owners take the pictures).....so who knows...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 11:22:12 PM
Author: moremoremore
Hmmm. I''m sorry. I don''t like it. That bow-tie looks very pronounced...but then again, David''s pictures seem to always be very bad to me with the stones being prettier in person (when the owners take the pictures).....so who knows...
that''s pretty much exactly what I was thinking... except I''m probably more forgiving of bowties in general ;-) Their pictures don''t make sense to me. I''ve never read anyone disappointed though... ::shrug::

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 7:31:52 PM
Author: luckystar112
DBL just got in a new 1.27ct D/I1 cushion cut, hand picked, eye clean.
I wouldn't be surprised to see an accompanying description something like this:

I was really happy to see this one come back from the lab I1 instead of SI2. If the GIA graded it SI2 I would have to charge 30% more for the stone. So, this is really great, and a great buy at only $xxxx.
20.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Excuse the threadjack, but elmo, how is your search coming?

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2007 10:12:47 AM
Author: elmo
Date: 3/17/2007 7:31:52 PM

Author: luckystar112

DBL just got in a new 1.27ct D/I1 cushion cut, hand picked, eye clean.

I wouldn''t be surprised to see an accompanying description something like this:

I was really happy to see this one come back from the lab I1 instead of SI2. If the GIA graded it SI2 I would have to charge 30% more for the stone. So, this is really great, and a great buy at only $xxxx.

20.gif

I don''t know...I trust DBL. They seem like a respectable company to me, and I love how they hand pic their stones. If he says its eye-clean, I believe him. If I could change anything, it would be their photos. But anyway, I''m starting to think I probably like the crushed-ice look more than I think. What I DON''T like is radiants. When I think of crushed ice I think of a radiant...but maybe it looks prettier in a cushion to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results