shape
carat
color
clarity

Cuprian or Rubellite in LOGR or neither??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stones are lovely. I think you should wait rather than forcing them into one of those settings. Sorry. I hate waiting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I can wait, besides by the time I get around to setting all of these, it will be the next millenium.

too_many_gems_so_little_time.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
GASP!!
23.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness gracious, you can set up a gemstone store. Alternatively, you can always send some to me.
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2009 10:56:10 PM
Author: Chrono
Goodness gracious, you can set up a gemstone store. Alternatively, you can always send some to me.
31.gif
Only if you send me your tsavorite and spinels!

Most of these are ebay stones. I was an ebay junkie for a long time.

The rubellite and cuprian are smack dead center in the picture.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2009 10:59:09 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 4/24/2009 10:56:10 PM
31.gif
Only if you send me your tsavorite and spinels!

Most of these are ebay stones. I was an ebay junkie for a long time.

The rubellite and cuprian are smack dead center in the picture.
Over my dead body. And you''ll have to pry them out of my stiff fingers too.
11.gif

Hmm...I notice a lot of bright neony stones. I assume that''s your "addiction" stones?
9.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Wow .. I love all those neony blue green stones. Tell us more!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have a thing for cuprians. They kind of do stand out from the tray since they are supposed to be bright in dim lighting. I also have several rings of cuprians, so I need another one, right?
2.gif

I should have been more specific with my user name and called myself "cuprian_lover."

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cuprians do fall in the famlly of tourmalines so it''s all right.
35.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono - this picture is for you. It''s my favorite cuprian and it''s two carats and I tried to capture the neon of it.

TLneoncuprian.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I think it is the most neon of your collection and it looks smashing in yellow gold. Plus I like clean lines and simple settings so it's perfect.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish it had more diamonds around it, but thank you!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I respectfully disagree. A good cuprian should be allowed to speak on its own - it doesn't need the help of diamonds.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I like gawdy things - LOL!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
TL - both stones are beautiful but that cuprian just stole my heart!
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif
I think I am in the minority, I actually really like this color in a white metal setting so I think it looks great in the first photo
1.gif
Visions of your tray of gorgeous stones will dance in my head tonight . . . WOW!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2009 10:50:15 AM
Author: babysteps
TL - both stones are beautiful but that cuprian just stole my heart!
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif
I think I am in the minority, I actually really like this color in a white metal setting so I think it looks great in the first photo
1.gif
Visions of your tray of gorgeous stones will dance in my head tonight . . . WOW!
Thanks Babysteps!! You always say the nicest things.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 11:34:42 PM
I respectfully disagree. A good cuprian should be allowed to speak on its own - it doesn't need the help of diamonds.

I agree with Chrono. Pretty stones TL (or CL)--I think they'd be gorgeous in high karat gold. Instead of a diamond halo, you could do a simple metal surround of 22k or a halo of granulation. That gives a lovely and substantial look. High karat and a satin finish would surely enhance your stones.

The color of your favorite Cu bearing stone is delicious.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I love both of your stones! But I would wait for the perfect stone for it. Have you by any chance asked Peter Torraca if he has something he could cut for you? And OMG, your collection!!! I also love the setting of that cuprian, I like simple settings (but haven''t ordered my first LOGR yet, so I might change my mind
9.gif
)

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Must get glowing cuprians...

Sorry, I think the meds are wearing off and the voices are once again keeping me company!
2.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2009 7:15:55 PM
CCN,
Thank you so much for searching for those for me. Believe it or not, it''s more than I want to spend. I''m a cheapskate when it comes to settings. I don''t want to go beyond $300 for a setting, and I would like it to be preferably a halo style, especially a deco halo style. The above dealer I don''t trust after Yingh exposed him selling pictures of Knoxjeweler''s rings. The second ring is pretty, but too much.

I just won a used 40 point diamond 14K white gold setting on ebay for $120, so I''m thrilled, but I''m going to set my pink spinel in there. I really want more of a halo for this stone. If only LOGR made more 8mm round settings. They have one halo for $218, but I don''t care much for it.

That is right.... I could remember if that first vendor was the one ying outed or not! My bad. I will keep my eyes peeled for you though. Those stones do deserve to be set! What beautiful gemstone collection you have! It''s like a gemstone picnic at your house!! Party at TL''s!!!!
9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great collection TL - like you I''m a bit of a magpie so am naturally drawn to your Cuprians!!! Mmmmmmmm neon!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2009 12:03:02 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 4/24/2009 11:34:42 PM

I agree with Chrono. Pretty stones TL (or CL)--I think they'd be gorgeous in high karat gold. Instead of a diamond halo, you could do a simple metal surround of 22k or a halo of granulation. That gives a lovely and substantial look. High karat and a satin finish would surely enhance your stones.

The color of your favorite Cu bearing stone is delicious.
Thanks for the kind words Coati. I don't know if I want to use high karat gold, but I do want diamonds in a halo. I'm not that imaginative!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2009 2:23:17 PM
Author: mariedtiger
I love both of your stones! But I would wait for the perfect stone for it. Have you by any chance asked Peter Torraca if he has something he could cut for you? And OMG, your collection!!! I also love the setting of that cuprian, I like simple settings (but haven''t ordered my first LOGR yet, so I might change my mind
9.gif
)
Hi Mariedtiger!
Oh, I''ve asked around, and not only are the colors in gems I want incredibly difficult to source, getting a cushion is even harder. Oh well. Thanks!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2009 3:31:59 PM
Author: cushioncutnut

That is right.... I could remember if that first vendor was the one ying outed or not! My bad. I will keep my eyes peeled for you though. Those stones do deserve to be set! What beautiful gemstone collection you have! It's like a gemstone picnic at your house!! Party at TL's!!!!
9.gif
Thanks CCN for the kind words,
I appreciate the help in looking! Oh, I take my gem tray out almost every night to look at them. It's fun, but more fun to wear them in rings so I can appreciate them while I go out. Most are tourmalines, emeralds, some garnets and colored diamonds and exotics like sphene, kyanite, sphalerite, benitoite, euclase. I also started a tiny new spinel collection (I have three!!).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2009 4:08:33 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Great collection TL - like you I''m a bit of a magpie so am naturally drawn to your Cuprians!!! Mmmmmmmm neon!
LD,
Thank you!!
I love your cuprian collection as well
3.gif
OMG, you were probably very smart to buy them when you did. It''s so hard to find them now. Well, I love your whole collection, it''s amazing!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2009 2:59:03 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain

Sorry, I think the meds are wearing off and the voices are once again keeping me company!
2.gif
If you can find any!! LOL!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2009 10:51:42 PM
I think I can wait, besides by the time I get around to setting all of these, it will be the next millenium.

ooooo
3.gif
sparkly rocks........
18.gif

Oh and btw, if you''re going to go with a round peg for a square hole, maybe it (the hole) should be smaller? The stones are really beautiful, as is the setting, just not the best matchup.

-A

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2009 5:39:25 PM

Date: 4/25/2009 4:08:33 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
LD,
Thank you!!
I love your cuprian collection as well
3.gif
OMG, you were probably very smart to buy them when you did. It''s so hard to find them now. Well, I love your whole collection, it''s amazing!!
Awwww bless your heart TL.

I agree, finding a great one now is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I''ve got a couple of cushion cuts but you''re right, you don''t see them often. One of my favourites is a scissor cut - sooooooo pretty. If you see one, snap it up!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2009 5:38:00 PM

Date: 4/25/2009 3:31:59 PM
Author: cushioncutnut

That is right.... I could remember if that first vendor was the one ying outed or not! My bad. I will keep my eyes peeled for you though. Those stones do deserve to be set! What beautiful gemstone collection you have! It''s like a gemstone picnic at your house!! Party at TL''s!!!!
9.gif
Thanks CCN for the kind words,
I appreciate the help in looking! Oh, I take my gem tray out almost every night to look at them. It''s fun, but more fun to wear them in rings so I can appreciate them while I go out. Most are tourmalines, emeralds, some garnets and colored diamonds and exotics like sphene, kyanite, sphalerite, benitoite, euclase. I also started a tiny new spinel collection (I have three!!).

I like to take a gander at my gemstone collection too....and then it gets me tempted to set them. I will only set my more expensive stones. I really don''t have a worldclass collection by any means........... it is just fun to say...I have one of those. I think I have like 4-5 spinels. One is a slight color change. Most of my stones have been from Ebay. I just got a cute little pad from ceylonsapphirerus......... i have yet to post pics as I know the bum rap pads get if the color is not worldclass and then the fact that most are BE treated. But meh, who cares, if I only paid $60 for it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results