shape
carat
color
clarity

CrownJewel''s Pro Wedding Pics!! At Last!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
spasiba allie! I''m used to lots of impromptu toasts at Russian events - guests read poems and make speeches to the host or guest of honor. I wish there had been more of that, but it''s hard to have them be "spur of the moment" speeches since weddings have to be well planned down to the minute!

It was nice to have the kids around. They were all VERY well behaved and I think added a lighthearted mood to the whole event.

Aw thanks katamari! I think the confetti shot is a winner! Here''s another one that I love. It has the same fairytale-esque personality as the confetti shot. It looks great in a larger size, but I don''t have the proper photo resizing tools on my laptop.

crownjewelwed51.jpg

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Your pictures are just lovely. You two looked great, so happy and radiant! And that confetti shot and the last one you posted - straight out of some beautiful fairytale, indeed. I have to agree with what someone else said - the confetti shot is my favourite wedding picture ever!

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome pictures, I love the confetti shot.

BTW, you are so beautiful, I have a hard time thinking you are the "ugly friend"

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I love the confetti shot too!! So dreamy... I love all your pictures - looks like you had so much fun, and the photographer style is exactly what I want to find. There have been so many good PS pictures on here lately with awesome photographers!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Breath taking pics! Photographers are so creative these days--I love it!! Vast improvement over the studio pics I had taken "back in the day"....

cheers--Sharon

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, again! I''m yet another fan of that confetti picture! And I also love that last one you posted of you running w/ your dress. They both have kind of a "fairytale" quality about them, and I don''t think it would''ve looked the same had it been a sunny day, so there''s one advantage for a rainy/cloudy day
2.gif

Oh, and before I saw the other post I was also thinking how you reminded me of Lucy Liu! :)

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! You guys look so good together and so happy!! You looked simply beautiful and your hubby looked so cool with that white sunglass!! The pictures are awesome and totally love the confetti shot just like the rest of the folks here!!

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 3:51:57 AM
Author: gtn
Awesome pictures, I love the confetti shot.

BTW, you are so beautiful, I have a hard time thinking you are the ''ugly friend''

Ditto!

Everything looked so beautiful, congratulations! You, your DH, and all of your guest look like they had so much fun!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone! you guys are all so nice :)

AdiS - who would''ve known how popular that shot would be? Haha, it''s just funny to think that I was just pooped from the whole day and decided to lay down on the grass. Usually that means disaster. But it takes a genius photographer to see shots like that, I guess.

gtn -
5.gif
thank you.
9.gif

luvthemstrawberries - we were so lucky to have our photographers. it was a really wonderful gift.

canuk - i''m sure your wedding photos are beautiful, regardless of when they were taken. i never thought i would love my wedding photos so much!

newbie - haha maybe i can take advantage of looking sorta like a celebrity. and i agree that if the sky had been bright and sunny, it wouldn''t have the same feel in the photos. thanks!

thanks goodsoul! haha he looks so goofy in that photo but it''s such a great shot.

amandine - thanks! you''re too kind.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
i am sooo happy i dropped by to see what was going on in PS land. these photos are absolutely breathtaking!!! i LOVE the one of your little nephew bending down to touch your dress, that is so freaking adorable.

the confetti picture is amazing. the fairytale photo is amazing. it looks like you and your BMs had so much fun before the wedding, and the wedding itself looked like it was a blast.

i think you should get that fairytale photo blown up, its one of those photos that would be beautiful enough to buy as art, but the added bonus is that it''s you!!!

congratulations again my dear, your wedding was absolutely perfect!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
a hug and a kiss to you karasue! you''ve been such a great friend to have during the planning of my wedding. thanks for stopping by to look at my photos. i don''t know how i would feel having a giant photo of me hanging in my house though!! Haha...maybe I''ll give it to my mom. I''m glad you liked it!

how''s life in calgary? when are you moving back to nyc?

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Okay I finally made it by here! And WOW! Your photos are really really amazing!

I love your dress and the flowers in your hair are so beautiful. I think you can never post enough photos (as I''m sure everyone knows by the amount I post!) so if you''ve got more keep posting them! I''d love to see more detail shots too.

And teapots! YAY!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Hey CJ, I was just looking at your pictures again, and I wanted to ask you about your cake! Is that an actual design on the cake, or is it meant to look kind of like a natural homemade iced cake? I love how it looks, just wanted to see what your inspiration was for it - it looks simple but very elegant, and I really like it!!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 3:32:22 PM
Author: CrownJewel
a hug and a kiss to you karasue! you''ve been such a great friend to have during the planning of my wedding. thanks for stopping by to look at my photos. i don''t know how i would feel having a giant photo of me hanging in my house though!! Haha...maybe I''ll give it to my mom. I''m glad you liked it!

how''s life in calgary? when are you moving back to nyc?
I''ve been contemplating how I''m going to put up some wedding photos too. i think i might pick 3 that are more artsy than just us and have them blown up bigger, then hang them in a row above our couch in this plain black ikea frames. or maybe i''ll pick 9 and only get them made in like 8x10 and hang them so they form a square.....except the more i look at our photos the more i wish they had taken more of the guests and during the reception than they did. caught more moments, you know? oh well, we are picking up the video this week so hopefully they caught more than the photographers did....

calgary is good, it''s so great having a house and a yard. hubby and i were just walking around our yard talking about how we want to trim the trees in our yard (it''s insanely overgrown). i get a ridiculous amount of happiness doing stuff to our house and yard...it''s odd really.

i do really miss nyc though. i still get all these emails from ny magazine about sample sales and it makes me sad....i miss walking around, we lived in the east village and it was the best for walking to all my favorite shopping and restaurants!! we used to go out to eat all the time, and now we never do just because when we do go out we always say to each other, "wow, the food in new york was so much better." hahaha but on the up side i have lost about 5 lbs from not eating out all the time!!!

so what do you do with all your free time after the wedding??? i''m thoroughly enjoying NOT planning a wedding
9.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
violet - everyone loved the teapots. I''m such a sentimental idiot, I am probably going to recreate the teapot and pillar candle centerpieces each year on our anniversary.
20.gif
We aren''t doing the frozen cake tradition, so our alternative is to revive something else from our wedding. Seriously though, I could just look through your photos all day. I made DH look through them too.

iluvthemstrawberries - our cake was chocolate cake with mocha mousse filling. It was covered in white fondant leaves and was really amazingly tasty. I actually wanted buttercream, but the chef said it would be difficult to get that look with buttercream. I was quite fearful of the fondant because usually I hate fondant. But this soooooooo yummy. And lots of people told us afterwards that they loved the cake, which is apparently quite rare. Here is a photo close up.

crownjewelwed_cake.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
ugh. sorry that was the closer-up-but-not-as-close-as-a-real-closeup shot. Here''s the REAL closeup shot:

crownjewelwed_cake2.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
the inspiration for the design was just the fact that it was the beginning of autumn, which is our favorite season. we didn''t have any fall colors, so we wanted to represent our love of autumn in some way. we found this design somewhere on a bridal website, maybe the knot or brides.com. we were going to have globes as our cake toppers, but oops, I forgot about that. So the chef stuck in a few of our red roses.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you feeling better?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
kara - I am still keeping busy! DH is interviewing for jobs - he''s in his 2nd year of business school. He''s applying to several international positions, but I am praying that we don''t have to leave NYC. I am making and writing our thank you cards, trying to donate things that we don''t have room for because of our new gifts, work is really busy too. And actually now I have to start studying for the GMAT because I''m considering business school too. It just never ends!

Let me know the next time you are in NYC!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet - you are a *gem* for asking. I think I''m better, just because I don''t have the yucky cough anymore. But I am still a little congested. Go away bronchitis!

What''s new with you lady? I was in Roslyn (antique jewelry shop on UWS), and fell in love with a pair of tsavorite studs. But they were so tiny and like $500, so I said "maybe I''ll come back for them." Iunno - I love your tsavs and spinel - sigh. But I''m not sure where to start.

MissManna

Rough_Rock
CJ, your pictures are beautiful!
30.gif

I scoured threads, but where were your bridesmaid dresses from? I was looking for something similar. My dress has a slight sweetheart neckline but I haven''t been able to find any sweetheart neckline dresses that I particularly like for the BMS.

Just wondering!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
missmanna, my bridesmaids were so awesome. I told them I would like them all to wear the same dress, and they can pick any color as long as it is not pastel. Three of them lived in Boston and they went shopping at Macy''s. I''m not sure what the brand/designer is - but one of my BMs opened up a Macy''s credit card account to get some insane discount - and they cost only $40 each!

plus they were stretchy and did not require any alterations whatsoever. an absolute dream! i''ll see if i have any better photos.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
CR...I can''t believe that I never posted on your thread! Everything looked so beautiful and your photogs are great! Did you use Stacy for your hair I thought that might be her in the pics. I''m using her for my wedding as well. Who did you use for your makeup? Oh, and I forgot to ask you what venue you got married at?

The flower in your hair, the cake, the teapots, the flowers all amazing as well. I was thinking about ordering from Fifty flowers as well....how was your experience?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe I didn''t post on this thread sooner, either! CJ, your pictures are beyond beautiful--I can only hope that mine will be half as pretty! You and your DH look so adorable and happy.

Also, I have to tell you that I love the Mini Cooper picture. They''re my favorite cars! I''m now plotting how we might be able to get a mini-fleet of Minis for my own wedding
1.gif

Oh, and I also love your hair flower. So pretty!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ, these are really some amazing pictures! Thanks so much for sharing! I''m simply in awe!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
CJ, you look AMAZING!!!!

You truly look like a movie star, maybe Lucy Liu''s younger, prettier sister. I LOVE all the details! The cake, your flowers, your hair!!! You MACKED it, girl!!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
CrownJewel--you are classic beauty! These are some of the most elegant and warm wedding photos I''ve ever seen. You were a stunningly beautiful bride, and you hubby is so handsome! Congratulations to you both!
1.gif
36.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 11:15:22 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
CR...I can''t believe that I never posted on your thread! Everything looked so beautiful and your photogs are great! Did you use Stacy for your hair I thought that might be her in the pics. I''m using her for my wedding as well. Who did you use for your makeup? Oh, and I forgot to ask you what venue you got married at?

The flower in your hair, the cake, the teapots, the flowers all amazing as well. I was thinking about ordering from Fifty flowers as well....how was your experience?
Hiya Emerald - I did have Stacy doing our hair. She''s above and beyond amazing. I had a trial with one makeup lady, which I didn''t really like. So I decided we would all do our own makeup. My bridesmaids convinced me that having a professional would be worth the cost, because I really have no idea what I''m doing with makeup. So I booked Sally Duvall even though my first thought was, "holy crap there''s no way I can afford her." But we went over budget (and I know that''s stupid) but I feel that she was well worth the money. I can''t say enough about how happy I was with the makeup she did for me and my bridesmaids.

My sister had like 30 bug bites all over her body, and they were really red and ugly. Sally uses an airbrush thing, and it magically airbrushed away any evidence of bug bites. I think it made my sister''s day because she was quite mortified before Sally fixed her up.

We got married at Le Chateau in South Salem. It''s a very cozy French restaurant with a beautiful outdoor garden area. Fifty flowers did indeed send the correct flowers on time. I had to place the order ~1 wk in advance and it was JUST enough time to get the flowers 2 days before the wedding. So order early!!! The garden roses I ordered looked way too small when they arrived, even though I was warned they would look small. But they did open fairly nicely. I used them to make the boutonnieres, and someone stuck some on top of the huppah. Overall a 4 out of 5 stars. Just because the whole "next day delivery" thing is BS.

We also ordered red and ivory roses from theflowerexchange.com and those were big but they arrived the day before the wedding, so I was already frantic with other tasks and didn''t have time to dedicate to caring for those roses. I had written them special instructions to call me if they wouldn''t be able to deliver two days before the wedding. They didn''t give me much feedback, but just said it will arrive on time. But it didn''t.

Hope that helps!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Lauren, Mediterranean, and coati for your generous compliments
5.gif
I am so flattered! You ladies are such great self-esteem boosters - I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results