shape
carat
color
clarity

*~~~**~Crosses~**~~~*

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never saw the emerald cross before either, Sharon, so I don''t know to whom you were showing it! Can you give us a little more description? Tell us more about the gold in which the emeralds were set and how your husband came to pick out that particular cross. Had you ever seen it before he did so? More details, please!

Also: is that cross in the gold thread somewhere? I would have sworn that it is not, but you seem to think that we have all seen it.... If it is not yet in the gold thread, please post it there, too!

AGBF
34.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 12:57:02 PM
Author: GossamerAngel
Canuk, I love it!!! It is so unique, the emeralds are so vibrant and I love the combination of different shapes in the bezels. It truly looks regal, like it could have been worn by one of King Henry's wives :)
Yes, that's so true! I'm watching the Tudors and that's what I thought of when I saw it. Beautiful jewelry collection.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Sharon, your pieces are just amazing! I love that emerald cross!

I bought a silver and ruby cross as a Christmas gift for myself and as shame-faced as I am, I have to admit I have no pics of it yet. Well, let''s see if I can find the (strikingly horrible!) vendor pic...

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Found it. It looks much, much better in person though. It''s a cheapie and the rubies are not that great quality but I decided to get it nonetheless as a fun piece. To my surprise when I received it, I actually loved the colour of the rubies. It''s a dark purplish red, looks really rich and wine-y (
33.gif
is that a word?)
I''ll see if I can take some "real" pics of it this weekend.
1.gif

rubycross122.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2009 6:53:06 AM
Author: AdiS
Sharon, your pieces are just amazing! I love that emerald cross!

I bought a silver and ruby cross as a Christmas gift for myself and as shame-faced as I am, I have to admit I have no pics of it yet. Well, let''s see if I can find the (strikingly horrible!) vendor pic...
HI:

Lovely cross AdiS!!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 10:57:38 PM
Author: AGBF

I never saw the emerald cross before either, Sharon, so I don''t know to whom you were showing it! Can you give us a little more description? Tell us more about the gold in which the emeralds were set and how your husband came to pick out that particular cross. Had you ever seen it before he did so? More details, please!

Also: is that cross in the gold thread somewhere? I would have sworn that it is not, but you seem to think that we have all seen it.... If it is not yet in the gold thread, please post it there, too!

AGBF
34.gif
HI:

Here is the 2nd of two threads on emeralds--the first is in archives somewhere.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emerald-discussion-revisited-photos-this-time.21284/

I brought the original question up b/c I had questions about identification/authenticating Emeralds; as my pieces were purchased as Columbian (from the mines and set in Bogota)), but could have been from Brazil. We talked about the difficulty of authenticating origin, etc. Richard Sherwood was helpful as he always.

The cross was gifted to me when my son was born--a complete surprise. In fact it is the only piece of jewellery my DH has given me that I did not choose or know about. The earrings followed the next year. I do not know the dimensions of the stones in the cross, but I estimate the square shapes are around 1ctw, each The top round emerald is smaller, but I''d say half. The earrings/stones are very large and deep--could easily be set into rings--over 2 carats each I''d guess. The ring was a second hand purchase--a Birks product--and appears to be a doublet. I''ve always said I plan to get anothter stone to replace it, but never have.

The gold content is 18K. The cross is a bold piece and not my usual taste--but I love them! Again, thank for the kind comments.

cheers--Sharon

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some fantastic crosses in this thread! WOW!

I''d like to add mine if that''s ok?

During World War 2 my Father was stationed in Egypt. He was walking through a market and saw a guy with a huge sheet of thin gold who was offering to make anything anybody wanted. My Dad asked him to make a cross for my Grandmother and watched as he did it. This came to me after my Grandmother died.

As you can probably tell from the photos it''s paper thin and I''ve only rarely worn it because I''m just too frightened to damage it!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds, that cross is exquisite! That is exactly my taste! I really love simple gold pieces, but gold that is high karat, a deep color and made into handcrafted jewelry! Do you read the gold thread? I'd love to see a photo of that cross in that thread, too!

AGBF
34.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you AGBF - it''s amazing to think that somebody crafted this as my Dad waited! I can only imagine the mess I''d come up with if I had to do it
9.gif

I haven''t seen the gold thread but will go and find it. Thanks for the heads up.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/25/2009 5:09:29 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

I haven''t seen the gold thread but will go and find it. Thanks for the heads up.

LovingDiamonds, it isn''t called, "the gold thread", although that is what it has come to be and I really want you to join us there, so I am posting a link to make sure that you can find us if you want to! I am hoping to see you there! I am serious about hoping that you will repost photos of that cross made for your father in that thread, too. The gold thread has become a repository for beautiful gold jewelry, a place where we can go and look at gold pieces that we remember admiring.

AGBF
34.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 11:34:57 PM

I admire these Cathy Waterman earrings, each made out of 22K gold with a platinum and diamond cross inside. I consider it ominous, however, that one must e-mail for the price ;-). Other pieces of jewelry on the ylang site have the prices listed!!!

AGBF
34.gif
I''m a huge Cathy Waterman fan! I can definitely see myself in those earrings.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a marvellous cross LovingDiamonds! Like Deb--it is to my taste also! Thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

HpiRally

Rough_Rock
Trade
alright....this is the one i got my girl. the middle is a mikimoto pearl that has 4 round diamonds around it

Joe

360333809_MV_LG_JAR.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I love all of the AMAZING Crosses posted here!!!!

Here is my Roberto Coin Tiny Treasure Baby Cross.

Lori

robertocoindiamondbabycross2.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 4:41:52 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
There are some fantastic crosses in this thread! WOW!

I''d like to add mine if that''s ok?

During World War 2 my Father was stationed in Egypt. He was walking through a market and saw a guy with a huge sheet of thin gold who was offering to make anything anybody wanted. My Dad asked him to make a cross for my Grandmother and watched as he did it. This came to me after my Grandmother died.

As you can probably tell from the photos it''s paper thin and I''ve only rarely worn it because I''m just too frightened to damage it!
That''s exquisite. Thank you.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On page one of this thread I posted a photo of a small diamond cross by Chris Aire that I like very much. (I think that that one and the small diamond cross by Charles Green are my current favorites.) While trying to take another look at the cross, I discovered that Chris Aire has a lot of what he calls "red gold" (and I often call "rose gold" or "pink gold") jewelry on his website. I thought that this rose gold cross was attractive.

AGBF
34.gif

chrisaireredgoldcirclecross.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2009 5:15:39 AM

On page one of this thread I posted a photo of a small diamond cross by Chris Aire that I like very much. (I think that that one and the small diamond cross by Charles Green are my current favorites.) While trying to take another look at the cross, I discovered that Chris Aire has a lot of what he calls ''red gold'' (and I often call ''rose gold'' or ''pink gold'') jewelry on his website. I thought that this rose gold cross was attractive.

AGBF
34.gif
HI:

Very chic!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if I missed this one in the past or if this is a new addition to the Gurhan line, but I only recently noticed this lovely (in my opinion) Gurhan 24K gold cross. Does anyone else know if it has been around for a while? The only feature I do not like is is the absence of a bail. I never like to have chains go directly through a pendant! I found this on the Pearlman's website.

AGBF
34.gif

GurhanCrossPearlmans.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a better picture of it.

AGBF
34.gif

24KGurhanCross.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 2:28:15 AM
Author: loriken214
I love all of the AMAZING Crosses posted here!!!!

Here is my Roberto Coin Tiny Treasure Baby Cross.

Lori
We''re cross twins then, Lori! This is the one I generally wear 24/7. I do think about getting the Tiffany one, though.

Date: 3/3/2009 10:23:19 AM
Author:AGBF

This thread is dedicated to crosses made to be worn as jewelry, crosses designed for esthetic as well as religious purposes. I am assuming that most, if not all, of the crosses posted here will be pendants, but all beautiful crosses are welcome. I will be posting a link to another thread in which a discussion of crosses started so that no one misses out on the lovely crosses already posted there.

Deborah

34.gif

40000.jpg

Date: 3/3/2009 10:30:27 AM
Author: canuk-gal
shameaboutthehand.JPG
bluebag.JPG

worn for aesthetic''s!

I love your necklace!

I have attached another of mine b/c i can only attach one per "form" as Pricescope calls it.

40020.jpg

Date: 4/30/2009 1:46:11 AM
Author: *Diamonds are a delight*
Date: 3/3/2009 10:30:27 AM

Author: canuk-gal

shameaboutthehand.JPG
bluebag.JPG

worn for aesthetic''s!

I love your necklace canuk-gal!

I have attached another of mine b/c i can only attach one per ''form'' as Pricescope calls it.

40030.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your Harry Winston cross is lovely, Diamonds. Thank you for posting the photos of it and welcome to the cross thread! Now please tell us what we can call you as a day to day name since you are one of us! "Diamonds"? "Daad"? A first name? Writing our, "Diamonds are a delight" is too awkward!

AGBF
34.gif

Date: 4/30/2009 6:48:58 AM

Your Harry Winston cross is lovely, Diamonds. Thank you for posting the photos of it and welcome to the cross thread! Now please tell us what we can call you as a day to day name since you are one of us! ''Diamonds''? ''Daad''? A first name? Writing our, ''Diamonds are a delight'' is too awkward!

AGBF

34.gif

Hello and thank you!
I am so happy to be a part of this thread as well as pricescope!
I am honored to be one of you and can be called Gina, please.
36.gif

I LOVE crosses, jewelry, and especially diamonds.
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
4/30/2009 5:20:04 PM
Author: *Diamonds are a delight*

I am so happy to be a part of this thread as well as pricescope!
I am honored to be one of you and can be called Gina, please.
36.gif

Well, then, welcome Gina! We, also, are happy that you are part of this thread as well as part of Pricescope!

Hugs,
AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was fooling around on Bill Pearlman''s website the other night and and I again saw this cross. It is designed by Simon Lindenman and features pink tourmaline. I admired it in the past, but apparently never posted a picture of it.

AGBF
34.gif

SimonLindenmanCross.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 6:20:45 PM

I was fooling around on Bill Pearlman''s website the other night and and I again saw this cross. It is designed by Simon Lindenman and features pink tourmaline. I admired it in the past, but apparently never posted a picture of it.

AGBF
34.gif
Hi Deb!
35.gif

What a beautiful cross!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results