shape
carat
color
clarity

*~~~**~Crosses~**~~~*

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Messages
812
Hi Deb,
Thank you for the lovely compliment! This is a very special piece.
I didn't mean to be vague, it is not custom it was done by ID jewelry in New York. Yekeutiel works there and he was the one I dealt with over the phone.
His dad makes these crosses all the time. He had one in stock at the time that was about a 1ctw and the one I ended up getting which is the 2.34tcw. I'm glad I went with the 2.34 it is really substantial and stands alone.
I will try to put up some neck shots in the next few days.

=)
 

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Oct 5, 2010
Messages
1,190
Hi everyone, this is my very first PS post! I normally just read and look, but as I do own a cross that is very special to me I couldn't resist =)

This is my custom 18k white gold Celtic cross from Hunt Country Jewelers; it's about 1 inch long and I wear it everyday. My very thoughtful SO designed this for me based on a Celtic Trinity Knot for Christmas last year!

tattoocross.JPG
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
22,146
Welcome, aviastar! Your SO is very talented. That is a lovely cross!

Deb/AGBF
:read:
 

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Oct 5, 2010
Messages
1,190
Thank you, AGBF!
 

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Sep 27, 2009
Messages
1,142
Wow! There are so many beautiful crosses here, This is a pic of the one I wear almost everyday, it's the James Avery La primavera cross and while I tend to go for more delicate looking jewelery something about this one spoke to me.



rsz_1rsz_001.jpg
 

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Oct 5, 2010
Messages
1,190
Thank you, San Diego!

Decogirl- I love the feeling of whimsy in your piece!
 

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
25,885
HI:

Wonderful new additions!

cheers--Sharon
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
22,146
aviastar|1289657045|2764299 said:
Thank you, San Diego!

Decogirl- I love the feeling of whimsy in your piece!

And I love the symbols: the dove with the olive branch and the fish. James Avery is one of my favorite craftsmen for charm bracelets and I think your cross is unique and lovely, Decogirl. Wear it in good health!

Deb/AGBF
:read:
 

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
7,768
Aviastar, welcome! I love your Celtic cross -- what an artisitc SO you have!

Here's one of my favorites, dates to about 1880. It was auctioned by Sotheby's a year or so ago.

Sapphire & diamond cross, cushion-cut, c.1880.jpg
 

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
3,988
May I show off just a tiny bit?

Two hand forged silver crosses I made. They are gifts for two wonderful ladies. The small one is just under an inch, the large is 2 inches.

Large and small.jpg

2 crosses - polished.jpg
 

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Nov 3, 2009
Messages
7,589
Great job, Lady Disdain! Modern and beautiful.
 

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Sep 27, 2009
Messages
1,142
How did I miss this??? A belated thankyou so much ABGF and Aviastar.

Lady Disdain, those are lovely, someone is getting a wonderful gift, You have some skills!
 

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
605
iv posted this on other webs but this item fits right in-a natural alexandrite cross-3 center catseye & upper/lower facited alexandrite stones pictured under daylight conditions-steve...

045.JPG
 

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Oct 5, 2010
Messages
1,190
Thank you, Jewel Freak! He managed to surprise me again this year by adding a small OEC diamond to the center. I don't have any new pictures yet, but I am VERY grateful for his thoughtful creativity and I am also very grateful for the warm welcome and kind words here!

THANK YOU!
 

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
7,768
Aviastar, a diamond in the center must make that cross a real stunner! How about posting a pic of it? Would love to see it!


I found the turquoise & diamond cross below while roaming the Victoria & Albert website. It was a present to Anne, Lady Hunloke (1788-1872), from William, 6th Duke of Devonshire (1790-1858). I'd take it.

--- Laurie

TurquoiseCross.jpg
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
22,146
aviastar|1292206699|2795266 said:
He managed to surprise me again this year by adding a small OEC diamond to the center. I don't have any new pictures yet, but I am VERY grateful for his thoughtful creativity and I am also very grateful for the warm welcome and kind words here!

aviastar!-

I got so excited that I tried to hit the "edit" button instead of the button to respond to a post. Wow! I wish my husband had ever had an interest in giving me jewelry!!! That is simply fabulous news! I can't wait for the new pictures!

Deb/AGBF
:read:
 

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Oct 5, 2010
Messages
1,190
ok, here is the 'new' cross- new bale and diamond. I took the pic this time, so not as crisp as when the boyfriend does it, but it'll do :)

Yes, Deb, I am a super lucky girl to have found him!
diamondpendant.jpg
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
22,146
It's wonderful, aviastar! Merry Christmas! Wear it in good health!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds are A Girl's Best Friend
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
22,146
I have not yet searched this thread to see if crasru posted an Ethiopian high karat gold cross in it. I am urging her to post her cross in this thread and trying to bring this thread back to the fore after it has languished in the backwaters of Pricescope for too long! I figured I'd post first and check it second! In the meantime, maybe other people wil get inspired. And if crasru has not yet posted her cross, she can do so without hunting for the thread!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
22,146
I happened to be looking for a specific cross for a poster who was trying to decide between crosses she liked in another thread. My travels took me to Pearlman's website because the cross I was looking for, a Charles Green cross, was pictured there. I just happened to notice this lovely cross, which is on closeout! I couldn't resist posting it. I don't know the specs, but I love the design! I thought someone else here might want to snap it up before it goes! (Yes, I was tempted!)

Deb/AGBF
:read:

LadiesCross.jpg
 

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Oct 3, 2007
Messages
1,823
Per AGBF's request, here is the cross I have just arranged to buy from Single Stone. I had actually looked at it a while ago, saved the photo on my computer, and forgot about it, probably because it was out of my price range. Well, I went back to cross-shopping, posted a thread asking for opinions on two other crosses I was looking at, and AGBF reminded me of the Single Stone cross, which was now happily on sale. So, I'm excited to post this photo of my cross from the Single Stone website. I promise I'll post neck shots once I have the cross in my possession. Good things truly do come to those who wait!!!

SSCross.jpg
 

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
25,885
NeverEndingUpgrade|1311809438|2978379 said:
Per AGBF's request, here is the cross I have just arranged to buy from Single Stone. I had actually looked at it a while ago, saved the photo on my computer, and forgot about it, probably because it was out of my price range. Well, I went back to cross-shopping, posted a thread asking for opinions on two other crosses I was looking at, and AGBF reminded me of the Single Stone cross, which was now happily on sale. So, I'm excited to post this photo of my cross from the Single Stone website. I promise I'll post neck shots once I have the cross in my possession. Good things truly do come to those who wait!!!


STUNNING! Awesome cross, girl!

cheers--Sharon
 

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 23, 2009
Messages
2,435
Canuk, I love your cross from Tiff's! How long is that cross? Do you have any neckshots that give a real life perspective?

Btrflygrl, I am in the process of getting some quotes from IDJ on the same cross in different carat weights. Do you have any real life perspective shots of yours?

Neverendingupgrade, your cross is beautiful! Please post more shots when you get your hands on it!!!
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
22,146
NeverEndingUpgrade|1311809438|2978379 said:
Well, I went back to cross-shopping, posted a thread asking for opinions on two other crosses I was looking at, and AGBF reminded me of the Single Stone cross, which was now happily on sale.

I wish I could take credit for having that eagle eye, but it was kelpie who remembered the wonderful cross you ended up buying!!!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
 

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
7,378
I love all the new crosses that have been posted, especially the celtic design!

I never realized I posted mine twice. :oops:

Does anyone have any cross charms for a charm bracelet? I'm thinking of adding one to mine, but I wonder whether it would jab me a lot? Anyone have experience and or photos?
 

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 23, 2009
Messages
2,435
I love this thread!!!

I have a favor...if anyone owns the Roberto Coin tiny treasures cross, would you mind to post a neckshot to see some perspective. I really like the style but wonder if it will get lost on me. I'm 5'7", size 12. Are there any PS vendors that carry Roberto Coin?
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
22,146
lizzyann|1311899137|2979361 said:
I have a favor...if anyone owns the Roberto Coin tiny treasures cross, would you mind to post a neckshot to see some perspective. I really like the style but wonder if it will get lost on me. I'm 5'7", size 12. Are there any PS vendors that carry Roberto Coin?

Wile I cannot oblige with a neck shot of her (I do not have one), my niece, to whom I gave that cross as a graduation present a year ago last May, has been wearing it for over a year now. She is about your height. She is a beautiful, tall dancer with an athletic body. She spent the last year as a teacher's assistant in Spain and enjoyed having the cross there. I think it looks wonderful on her! She found the tiny, hidden ruby before I had a chance to explain it to her, too!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

PS-I hope someone else will post that neck shot!
 

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
25,885
lizzyann|1311814436|2978459 said:
Canuk, I love your cross from Tiff's! How long is that cross? Do you have any neckshots that give a real life perspective?

There is a picture of my cross--albeit on my hand--on page one of this thread. I am not handy to my cross--but I recall it is about 1 inch in length.....btw thanks for the compliment!

cheers--Sharon
 

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Oct 3, 2007
Messages
1,823
canuk-gal|1311811126|2978410 said:
NeverEndingUpgrade|1311809438|2978379 said:
Per AGBF's request, here is the cross I have just arranged to buy from Single Stone. I had actually looked at it a while ago, saved the photo on my computer, and forgot about it, probably because it was out of my price range. Well, I went back to cross-shopping, posted a thread asking for opinions on two other crosses I was looking at, and AGBF reminded me of the Single Stone cross, which was now happily on sale. So, I'm excited to post this photo of my cross from the Single Stone website. I promise I'll post neck shots once I have the cross in my possession. Good things truly do come to those who wait!!!


STUNNING! Awesome cross, girl!

cheers--Sharon

Thanks, Sharon! I'm a happy camper.
 
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results
Top