shape
carat
color
clarity

***CrookedRock***

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs S... I think there are some he really likes. He links to a few on his site. when I showed him a pic of a ring for the BF he told me to look at www.abrasha.com for mens wedding bands, bc he said if he wore one (he doesn''t) thats where he would go... I thought that was interesting. Oh and... no way will the bf wear those! LOL

Ellen I am sure you are right... I was going to make a thread so it didn''t look like a question, but the ladies wanted it continued here... All the more surprise when it''s done I guess!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 10:58:12 AM
Author: CrookedRock
Mrs S... I think there are some he really likes. He links to a few on his site. when I showed him a pic of a ring for the BF he told me to look at www.abrasha.com for mens wedding bands, bc he said if he wore one (he doesn''t) thats where he would go... I thought that was interesting. Oh and... no way will the bf wear those! LOL

those are interesting...no way my hubby would wear them either.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I love, love your stone CrookedRock!! It`s a real dream diamond.

Really looking forward to seeing it set and on your finger! I will live vicariously thru you.
2.gif

Cachette
1.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 11:58:57 AM
Author: Cachette
I love, love your stone CrookedRock!! It`s a real dream diamond.

Really looking forward to seeing it set and on your finger! I will live vicariously thru you.
2.gif

Cachette
1.gif
Very sweet! Thank you!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Well, it was private- past tense. I wouldn't want to reveal what someone said privately about someone else's ring, let alone point out the person said it was flawed. Maybe that's just me.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 4:13:26 AM
Author: Imdanny
Well, it was private- past tense. I wouldn''t want to reveal what someone said privately about someone else''s ring, let alone point out the person said it was flawed. Maybe that''s just me.
Hey Danny... Did I miss something?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey CR, jumping in late to say I am * swooning* over:

a) Your scrummy TDF cushion.
b) That Leon will be making a fabulous showcase for that baby.

Could it get any better???????
3.gif
30.gif
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is going to be gorgeous, I can''t wait to see it!!! When might it be done??
31.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei~ Thanks!! I am very excited...

Skippy~ You and me both... Thanks!

Actually I convinced Leon to send me a prelim pic last week bc we were having a design issue, and I am now even more excited... So last week the metal work was finished and he said he would get to setting the stones right away... So hopefully in about 2 weeks it will be done. But I guess I won''t really know until the BF decides to give it to me. I keep crossing my fingers that Leon forgets it''s a surprise and puts it in the new pics on his site! I constantly check! LOL

And thanks again to anoyone that I didn''t specifically thank before... so many of you have been beyond helpful, and I would have been lost without all the help and knowledge on this site! So Thank You!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 3:03:16 PM

Actually I convinced Leon to send me a prelim pic last week bc we were having a design issue, and I am now even more excited... So last week the metal work was finished and he said he would get to setting the stones right away... So hopefully in about 2 weeks it will be done. But I guess I won''t really know until the BF decides to give it to me. I keep crossing my fingers that Leon forgets it''s a surprise and puts it in the new pics on his site! I constantly check! LOL

And thanks again to anoyone that I didn''t specifically thank before... so many of you have been beyond helpful, and I would have been lost without all the help and knowledge on this site! So Thank You!!
6.gif

*dialing Leon*
11.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 10:38:08 AM
Date: 3/18/2008 10:10:17 AM

I haven't read that before, but I don't doubt it. I'm going to show you which pic it was that he kinda ripped apart that shocked me, bc I think its Mara's Joe Escobar pic. (I hope you don't mind that I took it, but I love it!)

Ok I hope this works... Look at the edge of the halo, and you will see that it is a little uneven. I would have never noticed it had he not said something. If his work wasn't so meticilous I would feel differently about him criticizing others, but the truth is, his work is amazing! Even If it is a piece you don't care for it is hard to argue the quality or the workmanship...

i'm sorry but maybe i missed something. i don't think it is very cool to post a picture of someone's ring and critique it or repeat the critique it was given unless they themselves asked for a critique. or maybe i missed the part where the owner asked for a critique??

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 4:04:47 PM
Author: ringster

I haven''t read that before, but I don''t doubt it. I''m going to show you which pic it was that he kinda ripped apart that shocked me, bc I think its Mara''s Joe Escobar pic. (I hope you don''t mind that I took it, but I love it!)

Ok I hope this works... Look at the edge of the halo, and you will see that it is a little uneven. I would have never noticed it had he not said something. If his work wasn''t so meticilous I would feel differently about him criticizing others, but the truth is, his work is amazing! Even If it is a piece you don''t care for it is hard to argue the quality or the workmanship...

i''m sorry but maybe i missed something. i don''t think it is very cool to post a picture of someone''s ring and critique it or repeat the critique it was given unless they themselves asked for a critique. or maybe i missed the part where the owner asked for a critique??
That ring does not belong to anyone. It was a pic that Mara took of a gorgeous ring at Joe Escobar! And MrsS and I had been discussing this in this thread and others...

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 4:21:14 PM
Date: 4/14/2008 4:04:47 PM

Author: ringster

I haven''t read that before, but I don''t doubt it. I''m going to show you which pic it was that he kinda ripped apart that shocked me, bc I think its Mara''s Joe Escobar pic. (I hope you don''t mind that I took it, but I love it!)

Ok I hope this works... Look at the edge of the halo, and you will see that it is a little uneven. I would have never noticed it had he not said something. If his work wasn''t so meticilous I would feel differently about him criticizing others, but the truth is, his work is amazing! Even If it is a piece you don''t care for it is hard to argue the quality or the workmanship...

i''m sorry but maybe i missed something. i don''t think it is very cool to post a picture of someone''s ring and critique it or repeat the critique it was given unless they themselves asked for a critique. or maybe i missed the part where the owner asked for a critique??
That ring does not belong to anyone. It was a pic that Mara took of a gorgeous ring at Joe Escobar! And MrsS and I had been discussing this in this thread and others...

ok - i was hoping that i missed something. it''s a bit of a raw spot for me b/c i recently was on the receiving end of unsolicited critiquing of my ering (by the "tempermental" leon no less) and so did not want anyone to go through that experience!

thanks for the clarification

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Ringster~ Sorry to hear that he did that to you... This has been discussed in a few threads... I really wish he would not do that to pieces that are already owned by that particular person. I mentioned before that he tore apart a ring that I had adored and dreamed of for over 2 years. Had I owned that ring I would have had a few words for him, or maybe just 2!!! LOL
I do appreciate though that when I sat down with him and he chose to say that he didn't like something he would explain in detail why, and when he did that at least I understood where he was coming from... Doesn't mean I changed my opinion, but I was willing to listen to his.
Again... Sorry you had to deal with that... no fun!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
ok, now, if i''ve officially lost the plot, please tell me but i need to know.................have you got it yet?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 3:03:16 PM

Honestly, CR, and I mean this in the nicest way, tell BF he has about 30 minutes upon receipt of that ring to make you an FI. I don''t think we can wait much longer for pics.
2.gif
31.gif

shay

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Shay~ I know I know! I am trying nonchalantly to make sure he needs to do this before my 25th Bday which is May 24th and we;ll be in Nantucket that weekend. So it will def be at the latest that weekend or I will go down to the safe deposit box, remove the ring and propose to myself!
2.gif
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
CR, I hope you know I was just teasing with that last post.
2.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 5:19:56 PM
Shay~ I know I know! I am trying nonchalantly to make sure he needs to do this before my 25th Bday which is May 24th and we;ll be in Nantucket that weekend. So it will def be at the latest that weekend or I will go down to the safe deposit box, remove the ring and propose to myself!
2.gif
3.gif
ROFL! Now THAT would seriously be a Kodak moment!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 5:25:50 PM
Author: Ellen
CR, I hope you know I was just teasing with that last post.
2.gif
YES! Of course!!
It's funny though bc we asked Leon to take me off the work order so the surprise wouldn't be ruined, yet when he had a design question he called me last week!!! Maybe he'll forget and call me when it's finished...
11.gif
Or post that baby on his site!!!
9.gif

I actually hope he doesn't forget though, I would like some part of this to be a surprise! Call him up Ellen!!
2.gif

Pixley~ I'm not too proud! LOL A girl can only wait so long!!! BTW how are you holding up??..... 24 hours and counting for those pics!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I'm dying here. I went to buy an ultrasonic at lunch and just got shafted at every turn. No jewelers open on Monday and not much in the way of ultrasonics in town anyway (just two or three places even carry them). I just know that thing is going to be plated in doggie fur as soon as I so much as set eyes on it!

And P.S. - You are so much more Zen than I could ever be. I can't believe you took your name off the work order! Who does that?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
CR,
I don''t know how I misssed this thread, but I did. OMG that cushion is to die for and a setting by Leon?
30.gif

Doesn''t get better than that. Can''t wait to see it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 5:32:29 PM
YES! Of course!!
It''s funny though bc we asked Leon to take me off the work order so the surprise wouldn''t be ruined, yet when he had a design question he called me last week!!! Maybe he''ll forget and call me when it''s finished...
11.gif
Or post that baby on his site!!!
9.gif

I actually hope he doesn''t forget though, I would like some part of this to be a surprise! Call him up Ellen!!
2.gif

Pixley~ I''m not too proud! LOL A girl can only wait so long!!! BTW how are you holding up??..... 24 hours and counting for those pics!
Yes, as much as I know you''re dying to know, it really would be nice to be surprised. Did you remind him he shouldn''t be calling you?
eyebrowraise.gif
9.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Kaleigh~ Thanks so much!!

Ellen~ No...
emembarrassed.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 5:52:27 PM
Ellen~ No...
emembarrassed.gif
lol.gif
You are BAD!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 5:57:08 PM

Date: 4/14/2008 5:53:54 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 4/14/2008 5:52:27 PM
Ellen~ No...
emembarrassed.gif
lol.gif
You are BAD!
VERY VERY!!
9.gif
CR - have him call me...I''ll take a walk over them and get some pictures....
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results