shape
carat
color
clarity

***CrookedRock***

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
Just wondering how your meeting with Leon went? Did you talk to him about the eternity ring with the sizing insert? I was wondering how comfortable it would be? And if it could be engraved?

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
I think she''s in NY this weekend and not seeing Leon til Monday.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I am in New York! But I had to check in. Big decisions to be made! We are meeting with Leon tomorrow. We went out to GOG on friday and unfortunately I didn''t do backflips over the diamonds. Not that they weren''t gorgeous bc they were! And I felt really bad bc I really like Jon and I am sure he wants to strangle me! I really could have taken either, but the BF wants me to dance and run in circles when I find it.
And I may have done that yesterday... Scarlet, We went and saw that diamond yesterday and I can''t lie... We both did a dance! We are going there in the am to discuss and make a final decision. It really is stunning! Just getting nervous about the size....
26.gif
I know... so stupid!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!
30.gif
It''s a stunner, isn''t it!!! I''m going to be brutally honest...you are CRAZY if you don''t take it. That thing is a MONSTER!!! And if you did a gorgeous little pave halo around it (even though it can totally stand on its own), it''ll look like 5+ carater!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 5:35:39 PM
Author: scarlet16
YAY!
30.gif
It's a stunner, isn't it!!! I'm going to be brutally honest...you are CRAZY if you don't take it. That thing is a MONSTER!!! And if you did a gorgeous little pave halo around it (even though it can totally stand on its own), it'll look like 5+ carater!
Ok Scarlet.... You're Evil!!!
11.gif
This is the one problem I am having... It really is a Monster!!!! Don't get me wrong, it is a to die for monster! But geeeez! My friends are never going to talk to me again! Keep in mind my age! This is our biggest debate... I had convinced myself that 3ct was ok and "normal" this is a whole other level! Thanks for enabling though! You were right on... it is amazing! As you know... big purchase though!
22.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
I think you''re at Mark''s already so I really really really hope you decide to get it!!!

Ok, so don''t get a halo and wear it in all its glory.
11.gif
Yes, I am totally evil! I love that stone and a PSer needs to own it! As for your friends, if they don''t understand, then they''re all just jealous. I know you''re young (so am I, but I''d wear it in a heartbeat) but it''s all about having the right attitude. And knowing you''re considering a stone that large tells me you have the attitude to pull it off. Besides it''s only a carat larger than you''re considering...that''s just like less than one mm. bigger around, right? Only you will know the real size difference. Just tell them it has a good spread!

Or how about this, you can lend it to me until you''re ready for it?
31.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to find out if you get it!!

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
can''t wait to hear about the stone and setting... hope you took a few pics of the stone before you gave it to Leon.

btw who gives a crap what your friends think about the size. just get the size that makes you happy.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Back from NYC!....
31.gif
11.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Dude...you cannot leave it like that!!! You have me searching all over PS for more info and pictures. WHAT HAPPENED??? Are you the proud owner of a new ERD AMAZING cushion???

dani13

Ideal_Rock
CrookedRock.....how could you leave us hanging like that??? What happenned, did you get the stone from Mark????
2.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Another *bump* for CR - the suspense is killin'' us
23.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
ok ok... should i start another thread or continue here?

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Continue here
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Darn! I have a dr''s appt, so I have to leave for a bit...figures!!
3.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
So… We went to NYC to finalize what has been an amazingly tough search for the perfect cushion. We started early Friday morning and scoured to diamond district convinced that we could find it on our own! HA! Well, I take that back… we did find it, but it was a 6ct D!!! Most gorgeous cushion I have ever seen, but slightly out of the budget! LOL
Anyway we drove out to L.I. that afternoon and met with Jon to see what we were convinced, bc of pics and video, was the stone for us. We even had the cashiers check made out for that exact amount. Unfortunately it wasn’t the stone for us, and when I tell you how bummed I was, believe me. Not only that but I could tell Jon wanted to kill me… And understandably.
Sat we met with Mark, and he showed us the cushion that Scarlet has been talking about, and we both looked at each other and smiled. We just knew it was perfect. Amazingly our only hang up was its size… No one I know my age owns a ring that big, so we were very concerned about our friends’ reactions, etc, etc… We considered continuing the search and in the end he decided that we loved it so much that we had to have! So yes!!! I am the proud owner of that cushion!!! I still can’t believe it myself!

Now on to the part the rest of you want to hear about… LEON!
We met with Leon yesterday (Monday) morning, and I have to say that I was extremely nervous. Mark and my bf walked me across the street to Leon’s so I wouldn’t be late for our ten o’clock, while they went to finalize the diamond purchase at the bank… I felt kinda silly showing up alone with my stone, but he was great about it. After about 10 mins wondering what was holding up the bf, I was getting nervous bc everything I read said that he doesn’t really like long meetings and a half hour was about all you got… Finally the bf showed up 30 mins into it!
I went through all his books of pics with him and discussed every nitty gritty little detail with him. I was trying to explain to him that I wanted something different, something that no one else has! He chuckled and told me that everything has been done before, and I told him I wasn’t buying it! LOL. Long story short: After 3 ½ hours with Leon, he finally said. Wow I have never done anything like this before!
Ding Ding Ding! Exactly what I wanted him to say! So we are all super excited about this project including Leon, and I can not wait to be able to share it all with you!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!!! You have no idea how excited I am for you!
36.gif
I need e-mail Mark and congratulate him!

Now the big question...did you take pictures? Oh btw, you realize we''re going to have to set up a NYC get-together and you have to come and show us all the gorgeous ring!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats crookedrock. i can''t wait to see your stone and your what i know will be an amazing Leon...

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
HURRAY for CrookedRock!!! So exciting! Congrats on your wonderful find and your one-of-a-kind design
36.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
A gtg to show off the bling... hmmm... COUNT ME IN!!! I did take pics and I am going to run out and buy a new card reader bc I have no clue where it is. I will be sure to get them up in a lil...

Thanks everyone for being so excited with me. It''s so cool to come here and be able to share with everyone finally.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Stupid question alert....what size is this sucker? Sounds big! I can''t seem to find it...

Whatever size it is, sounds like you love it! Can''t wait to see some Leon magic.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
OMg... sorry I forgot to put it here... It''s a 4.04ct J VS2... I was nervous about the J, but holy white! I swear to you I could not see a difference between it and an F... I am sure there was one but it wasn''t big. It''s fantastic!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH BABYCAKES, a 4 ct cushion PLUS Leon......................equals SWOON!
6.gif
How are we going to be able to wait for it to be done?

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Giddy up! 4 carats of cushiony goodness ~ WOOOO HOOOO!

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
OMG! I haven''t been following this, but I think I''m going to start
1.gif
I have a soft spot for cushions! I can''t wait to see pictures of this baby. My Fiance and I live up in the 70s, so if this little NYC meeting ever comes together I thik I might need to stroll on by
1.gif

Glad to hear things went well, isn''t Mark great to work with!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 1:04:14 PM
Author: Catmom
OH BABYCAKES, a 4 ct cushion PLUS Leon......................equals SWOON!
6.gif
How are we going to be able to wait for it to be done?
OMGosh! Too funny. Babycakes is one of my nicknames! LOL... Oh and trust me I am swooning myself!
26.gif

Pics coming in a few!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/11/2008 12:00:09 PM
Author: CrookedRock
So… We went to NYC to finalize what has been an amazingly tough search for the perfect cushion. We started early Friday morning and scoured to diamond district convinced that we could find it on our own! HA! Well, I take that back… we did find it, but it was a 6ct D!!! Most gorgeous cushion I have ever seen, but slightly out of the budget! LOL
Anyway we drove out to L.I. that afternoon and met with Jon to see what we were convinced, bc of pics and video, was the stone for us. We even had the cashiers check made out for that exact amount. Unfortunately it wasn’t the stone for us, and when I tell you how bummed I was, believe me. Not only that but I could tell Jon wanted to kill me… And understandably.
Hi Crooked,

Congratulations and happy to learn you have found what you love!!! I'm curious to see a picture of the diamond. I've been showing cushions for a long time and am familiar with what lots of people prefer and don't prefer so of course my curiousity is peaked. I am always interested to learn what folks do and don't enjoy. Did I really appear that I wanted to kill you?
33.gif
I am not mad or upset at all, sincerely. Rather I am happy that you have found what you like and that your trip was not in vain. Please send my regards to Scott.

Kind regards,

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 1:49:17 PM
Pics coming in a few!
Standing by ... I can''t wait to see this baby!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 1:54:14 PM
Author: Rhino

Date: 3/11/2008 12:00:09 PM
Hi Crooked,

Congratulations!!! I''m curious to see a picture of the diamond. I''ve been showing cushions for a long time and am familiar with what lots of people prefer and don''t prefer so of course my curiousity is peaked. I am always interested to learn what folks do and don''t enjoy. Did I really appear that I wanted to kill you?
33.gif
I am not mad or upset at all, sincerely. Rather I am happy that you have found what you like and that your trip was not in vain. Please send my regards to Scott.

Kind regards,
NO!! I know you didn''t want to literally kill me! Maybe slap me around a lil... I get that I was a pain and I totally apoplogize for that. I really did think that it was our stone. If only I could have combined the 2, seriously, bc that is exactly what I ended up with.
Thanks again though for your help. I am really glad me made the trip out there to at least meet you. It''s nice to put a face with who I am talking to on here!
1.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Here they come!!
36.gif
Am I allowed to clap for my own stone? LOL!

Handshot404.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results