shape
carat
color
clarity

Cousin''s engaged - a Christmas surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I was ECSTATIC to find out upon arriving at my Grandma's house this evening that my cousin and her long time boyfriend got engaged two days ago! Apparently, she never thought he would ask in the most obvious place - Christmas at her (other) Grandma's house in front of about 30 family members while sitting on Santa's lap! He had it planned and had told everyone about what was going to happen, and the entire moment was caught on video camera and on many digital photos.
9.gif
She is in my wedding party and they had been talking about getting engaged for a while now, and I can't think of two people more right for each other. I am soooo excited for her and for him, and I think this wedding and the planning involved will be a welcome distraction in the months to come, as this is one of the daughters of my uncle who passed away in the fall after a long fight with cancer. I had a hunch that something sparkly would be making an appearance this Christmas.
31.gif

Of course, I asked about getting a few ring pictures for my PS friends...
2.gif
Lighting in the party area at Grandma's is not great, so I was having a hard time capturing its beauty completely. Here is her STUNNER of a ring. It's just beautiful in person. I don't know the specifics, but this is a white gold setting with shared prong stones leading up the cathedral to a 1.25 ct RB held by six prongs. Ring size is 5.5.

Just sparkles... ooooooo...

ChristinasRing001.jpg

Handshot, sorry about the blur.

ChristinasRing013.jpg

More sparkles... I'm mesmerized...

ChristinasRing014.jpg

Best photo I could get, look at the GORGEOUS sides and the profile!

ChristinasRing016.jpg

And, both of us with our rings!

ChristinasRing019.jpg

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
What a stunning ring. I love the fourth one - of the profile. It is traditional yet has it''s own unique twist to it.

Congratulations to the happy couple!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow I love the profile shot of that ring! Such a pretty and classy looking setting!!! Thanks for sharing.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a lovely ring, and congrats to her. It will be tough not having her dad around, I went through it too, so I know she might get misty about it...

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
this is so funny!!! I''m about to post a thread with my newly engaged cousin''s ring and we took almost exactly the same photos.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to your cousin! Her ring is beautiful and I love the "proposal on Santa''s lap" story!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Your cousin''s ring is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! I love hearing about these holiday proposals!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Love this ring. It''s gorgeous.

shay

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s stunning...I love the shared prong diamonds & the cathedral!!!!
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings - love the shared prong setting on the cathedral! Congrats to your cousin!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats to your cousin!!! Her ring is gorgeous...beautiful profile as well as head on with the bling!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! This is one of my only two female first cousins, so I am SOOOOOOO proud and SOOOOOOO excited about this engagement!

Date: 12/27/2006 8:11:28 AM
Author: wrstacks
Your cousin's ER is gorgeous as well as your ER. I would love to see more pics of your ring.
wrstacks, thanks! More photos of my E-ring can be found in the threads below:

Original proposal post: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-said-yes.44875/
Additional photos: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-e-ring-pictures.45889/
Flower shots in Mom's garden (MY FAVES): https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/e-ring-pics-in-moms-garden.47397/

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh, what a beautiful ring!! I love the delicate pave and the cathedral.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a sweet cousin you are to be so happy for her!!! It is beautiful.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am really into 6 prongs for rounds these days. Her ring is lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results