shape
carat
color
clarity

I said yes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I have a fiance! My sweetheart took me to dinner tonight to celebrate my birthday, and he asked me to marry him over dessert. The ring is everything I dreamed of and more. Photos coming!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Engaged.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Engaged001.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Engaged004.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
Best wishes to you and your FIANCE.

Your ring is beautiful and looks lovely on your hand. Please, more pics!!!!
9.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Details!! Details!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Engaged006.jpg

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! Your ring is beautiful too
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Classic and lovely!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is awesome! The ring is gorgeous and we need lots of data!!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I''m so happy for you. Your ring is gorgeous, and sounds like it''s exactly what you were describing as your dream ring.
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!!!!!! You and Blenheim in one week! Awesome!!! The ring is a beauty--lovely!!! More pics!!! Hooray:)

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Equestrienne, congratulations!!!! What a wonderful birthday present
36.gif
The ring is beautiful. I''m so happy for you and fiance!

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Your ring is just beautiful, I love the graduated side stones.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!! Your ring is absolutely lovely - love the design, and the way it looks on your hand! Congrats again!
36.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
face23.gif
YAY
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
CONGRATULATIONS! I love the ring what a perfect bday present! Now we need the juicy details!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Your ring is soo pretty! It sounds like you had a great evening I hope you will post some more pictures soon!
36.gif

Browneyedgal

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!! The ring is perfect!!!!!
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, thank you so much for all the well-wishes! You all have helped me keep from going completely crazy these last few weeks. My "girl radar" was off the charts knowing that this was coming.
30.gif
I had anticipated the proposal NEXT week on our fourth anniversary, but he completely surprised me last night instead.

My FIANCE'' (
9.gif
) reserved a booth at Andiamo''s for dinner last night for my birthday, so it wasn''t suspicious when he arrived to pick me up all dressed up. Andiamo''s is one of the best Italian restaurants in the Detroit area, and we''ve been there before for special occasions. I put on one of my favorite dresses, actually the one I wore the first time we attended a wedding together. All the way there we were laughing and talking, and he didn''t let on at all. He did not seem nervous at all! We had a wonderful dinner together, and he went to "use the bathroom and get my birthday present from the car."
2.gif

He gave me a gift card to my favorite clothing store so he can take me shopping, and he presented me with an amazing birthday card, something he actually picked out before he decided to propose, which says this:

As we celebrate your birthday, I''ll be making these wishes for you-
that you''ll feel the happiness of all your dreams come true...
that you''ll sense the gratitude that''s in my heart because you''re in my life...
that you''ll know you''re the best thing that''s ever happened to me, because you are.
And I''ll be making another wish-
for a hundred more lifetimes to share with you.
(Thanks, Hallmark!)

I was trying hard to keep it together at this point, because though I had told myself not to get too excited about the fancy dinner, all signs now pointed to OH MY GOD, THIS IS IT. He told me he had one more thing to give me, but he was going to have to get a little closer to me, and that is when he stood up and pulled the little ring bag from his pocket. He proposed to me on one knee, with one of the hostesses snapping pictures and the whole restaurant clapping, and I said yes.
9.gif
The maitre''d brought out an incredible chocolate dessert and a delicious red raspberry sparkling wine with fruit in the flutes, all on the house. And we giggled our way through the rest of the evening.
37.gif

We made TONS of phone calls, IMs and emails last night. Everything is so incredibly surreal! His family has seen the ring already, and they and a few of his friends knew that he was going to propose. Since I had a date with a friend for an ice show on Sunday, he went to my parents'' house to ask my father for his blessing on his way up to school in Lansing, so my folks had been sitting on all this excitement for about 24 hours as well. We have lots of family gatherings in the next two weeks because of my FIANCE''s (
9.gif
) law school graduation, so we have even more to celebrate.

As far as ring specs, I helped pick the setting and he knew what I wanted for the center stone. This is my dream ring! EXACTLY what I wanted, and it fits perfectly.
30.gif
He did not bring the cert with him last night, but it is at his folks'' place so we will have it in hand later this week. The setting is a .48 TCW in 14 kt white gold, and so far all I know is that the center RB is a .93 F/VS-something. It is just beautiful, everything I had imagined it would be and more. I am hoping to take tons of other photos soon! I will keep you updated with more eye candy!
1.gif
Thank you again for all your support, Ladies, and may your special days be on the way too.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Equ,

Yay! I''m so, so, so happy you had an incredible birthday! And a fiancee, to boot!! Hot diggidy dog. Don''t lose your focus when you''re teaching. hee hee, yeah right!!

What a precious story, too! Yay! You were right; May has been the month for many girls here!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
yayyyyyyyyyyy

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

The ring looks beatiful!!!!! how about a picture of the happy couple??

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful night! Congrats again!

Evie75

Shiny_Rock
awwwwwww Congratulations! your ring is gorgeous i just love your setting!! very dainty!! and i got all teary eyed reading your proposal!! im such a dork

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND CONGRATULATIONS!!
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It''s gorgeous, and your FIANCÉ is so sweet!! Yay!!
9.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Equestrienne,
Congratulations!!
36.gif
What a wonderful birthday night you had! The ring is beautiful!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Equestrienne!! (I hope I spelled that right!), yay!!! Congrats, girl. The ring is gorgeous! Yay for you and your fiance!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful!! Congrats!!
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you again for the warm wishes, Ladies!

You''re right Fishie, teaching is the LAST thing I am focusing on right now.
2.gif
Thankfully I have an easy day with testing going on, so I am not getting too off track by staring at my ring every ten seconds! My middle schoolers were all excited!

And a "happy couple" photo is likely to be taken later tonight as we go visiting, but here is one posted here before:
FloridaSpringBreak2006027.jpg

togal

Shiny_Rock
I really, really love your setting. It''s a beautiful ring. Congratulations on your engagement.
1.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Love it!
36.gif

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I''m usually not a fan of wider bands but the overall design makes the ring look so pretty and dainty!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results