shape
carat
color
clarity

Costco ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Another side view...

setting-detail3.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Are you sure you want a different ring? You seem like you really like the one you have now?

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 7:47:47 PM
Author: surfgirl
Are you sure you want a different ring? You seem like you really like the one you have now?
I agree--of course you can get a considerably better diamond for considerably more money, but that goes for any diamond, not just a Costco one. I wouldn''t let our opinions sway you from this ring if you really like it--we''re not the ones wearing it. Like I said before, if you love it, what the cert says doesn''t really matter.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with others who have posted, the ring looks lovely and you seem to like it, so why have it recreated when you have the original? numbers aren''t everything, if it looks good to you and you got it for a good price, why switch?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, all of you! SDLady, you made my day with that beautiful hands comment!
9.gif

I''m still unsure but leaning towards going with WF. If I hadn''t found this ring and just decided to customize from the start, I definitely would have gone with a better-cut diamond, and I don''t want to skimp on something as important to me as an engagement ring. I worry that if I don''t go with WF, I''ll always wonder what an ideal cut princess would have looked like in my ring. While I would feel a little guilty spending more of my boyfriend''s money, it''s probably a small price to pay for an ideal-cut diamond, upgrade policy, and one-of-a-kind ring.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Just as an update, we decided to take the plunge and returned the ring to Costco today. For any of you who want to know about Costco''s return policy, they were fabulous! They used an instrument to make sure the diamond was real and not switched out for a CZ or something, and they immediately credited the money back to the Costco AmEx card that we had paid with. They did mention that larger diamonds (1.2 or more) would have to be sent out for appraisal before you could get the money back.

So, armed with a zillion pictures and various measurements, we''re hoping that WF can get as close to that design as possible. I''ll keep you posted!

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Wise Choice

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Great. WF has done several rings for me, and I have been very happy with them. I have another project in the future and I definitely will use them again. You made a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results