shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding to my blue spinel fettish . A 2.8 carat Tanzanian blue spinel I had for ages in a gem box. It’s medium tone and I love the luster, scintillation and sparkle that photos fail miserably in showcasing.

FA1081E2-A07B-49B2-ADE9-D61A3C2E7BEC.jpeg 6A697566-AA7E-48A5-A86D-7EC0D40842FC.jpeg

Luster!!
E4CBC3DB-5A7E-4DB8-9FC2-8D1D8127AD76.jpeg

I would love to see your collection of blue and lavender spinels all together. One of yours (a lavender blue) I've never forgotton.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink spinel. I forget the carat weight, but it’s around a 9x7 oval. I’ve had it for eons. I just got around to setting it 0869F5B8-C48C-472A-84DF-C480041BDD87.jpeg 038449B4-60AF-4E4F-BD09-99A15E70FDD6.jpeg 81F1AF2D-87B1-4BB0-8DDF-80C64241385C.jpeg

Oh TL what a beautiful setting! Did you have it made?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh TL what a beautiful setting! Did you have it made?

Thanks LD! It’s a high quality gold plated silver setting. I can’t afford gold anymore (kids in college).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to see your collection of blue and lavender spinels all together. One of yours (a lavender blue) I've never forgotton.

Thank you @LD .I actually have a thread with all my spinels somewhere. I have to find it. I’m addicted to blue, violet and lavender spinels, as you’ve probably figured.

Was the lavender blue you referenced a cushion?

032158B4-C40B-41B9-A56D-2D8B008F1C4D.jpeg

I think this aquamarine is around 27 carats. I’ve had it for about 10 years and I absolutely love it.

That's lovely. I know that aquarmaines are more valuable when they are more blue and less green, but personally I love the blue-green colour the best. I also really like the combination of the aquamarine's cut and the ring's setting with the three diamonds on the side, quite sculptural looking.

Mreader

Brilliant_Rock
That's lovely. I know that aquarmaines are more valuable when they are more blue and less green, but personally I love the blue-green colour the best. I also really like the combination of the aquamarine's cut and the ring's setting with the three diamonds on the side, quite sculptural looking.

I love those tab prongs that accent that emerald cut shape :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not quite an e-ring but I just got this opal ring from Epilogue Antiques. It's exactly like her pictures on IG :kiss2: IMG_20210507_100748833.jpg
IMG_20210507_101629791.jpg
IMG_20210507_100942341.jpg

I just love opals with a deep saturated turquoise blue base. Lovely!

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
I just love opals with a deep saturated turquoise blue base. Lovely!

thank you! you have so many crazy beautiful gems and i love the settings you have them in, esp the new one for the purple spinel.

Reactions: T L

briolette

Shiny_Rock
My beautiful new opal ring just arrived today and I can't stop staring at her. I posted a thread in the Show Me the Bling Forum, but I realized she's a colored stone, so belongs here.

Specs:
3.43 ct. Australian Jelly Opal
.80 diamond melee (baguettes and rounds)
900 Platinum ballerina setting
size 4

opal6.jpg

opal4.jpg

Paridhi Gupta

Rough_Rock
Looking for ideas on 3 stone sapphire engagement rings. I would love to have a sapphire in center with diamonds on sides.

Found this one which I like:

https://exoticgoldjewelry.com/gia-n...k-sapphire-platinum-18k-gold-engagement-ring/

They also have another one with blue sapphire in center which is nice but I think the pink sapphire one looks nicer.

https://exoticgoldjewelry.com/gia-c...amond-blue-sapphire-platinum-engagement-ring/

Which one should I go with? Any other recommendations?

Thanks

Fabfashion

Shiny_Rock
Looking for ideas on 3 stone sapphire engagement rings. I would love to have a sapphire in center with diamonds on sides.

Found this one which I like:

https://exoticgoldjewelry.com/gia-n...k-sapphire-platinum-18k-gold-engagement-ring/

They also have another one with blue sapphire in center which is nice but I think the pink sapphire one looks nicer.

https://exoticgoldjewelry.com/gia-c...amond-blue-sapphire-platinum-engagement-ring/

Which one should I go with? Any other recommendations?

Thanks

I like the one with side pears, more unique and get more finger coverage. The one with blue sapphire is a more traditional style and you can’t go wrong with that. You may get more ideas if you post a new thread.

Fabfashion

Shiny_Rock
Just a few days left to the month of emerald. I never wore the one on my pinky. I got the emerald for an empty setting that I had when I reset the original middle stone. One emerald looks bigger than the other but weighs less. Any guess which one it is?

E6EFB67B-EE51-4F5A-BA0C-45C6574076E9.jpeg

Fabfashion

Shiny_Rock
the one on the left?

Yes! =)2 The one on the left is 0.20 ct heavier but side by side the one on the right always ’looks’ bigger. My friends always commented on how big it looks. I supposed because it’s cut slimmer and longer, and also set in a halo.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I received two rigs from Nancy Jain of NNJGemstones on Etsy. Both stones from Desert_Rose: a glowy Mahenge spinel and a yummy spess. :kiss2: I'd never purchased from NNJ before, but I am very happy with the results, turnaround time, and communication.
IMG_4811.jpeg IMG_4810.jpeg

Both of the rings are beautiful and the spess is glowing! :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received two rigs from Nancy Jain of NNJGemstones on Etsy. Both stones from Desert_Rose: a glowy Mahenge spinel and a yummy spess. :kiss2: I'd never purchased from NNJ before, but I am very happy with the results, turnaround time, and communication.
IMG_4811.jpeg IMG_4810.jpeg

I am crushing on your spess - that is just about the most perfect color ever. I don't typically like rings with multiple colored gemstones, but the spinels? sapphires? with that spess are stunning. And I love the proportions - the result is such a delicate halo and lovely ring.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    He Said, "Yes!"
    He Said, "Yes!"

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.