shape
carat
color
clarity

Color regrets...maybe...

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! As you can see, especially in the second picture, there is a warmness to it.
I believe that you are in a car in the photos(s)? which is notoriously one of the worst places to observe or photograph diamonds. My recommendation would still be to live with your diamond for a bit longer before you make any changes, it is really a lovey stone. While an I is an I and it is bound to have some color, only you will be able to tell if that will simply remain a characteristic of your diamond or something that will become a major concern.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is beautiful. The solitaire setting makes the stone appear whiter as it does not have other stones to compare. :love:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Color just is... a fact. Preference is completely personal. I love GIA Is in fancy shapes and Js in rounds for white stones. Others don’t, I am just lucky. But you are very lucky to have gotten your stone and actually it is a beautiful oval!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Color "preferences" are just a reflection of cultural norms. In other words, there is no inherent reason to think one color is better than another, and the only reason people agonize over these things is because we have internalized marketing ploys and projections of values like purity and status onto diamond tints. So as with all cultural values, you get to choose whether you care and whether you want to conform... or not.

more-Sparkle

Rough_Rock
Color "preferences" are just a reflection of cultural norms. In other words, there is no inherent reason to think one color is better than another, and the only reason people agonize over these things is because we have internalized marketing ploys and projections of values like purity and status onto diamond tints. So as with all cultural values, you get to choose whether you care and whether you want to conform... or not.

That’s an interesting take on it. It’s hard not to be influenced being on a site like this.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s an interesting take on it. It’s hard not to be influenced being on a site like this.

Keep in mind though that MOST of us on this site do not have D/E/F diamonds. There is a vocal minority that chimes in on color regret threads. Plenty of people who have been on here for years have J/K stones as their main diamond and have for years. Not to mention that I would bet the majority have G/H/I. Some have even gone lower in color over time, because they thought they needed a colorless stone but as they looked at more of them, they realized they were happy with something else. I agree with Dreamer - one color isn't inherently better than another... just more or less expensive. It's best to view a range of colors and make your decision from there, so you can be sure you have what you really like, and not just what you are told you "should" like. Some people want to like lower colors because they can get bigger diamonds, but find out they really like them more if they're colorless, and for some people the opposite is the case. ymmv.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results