shape
carat
color
clarity

Cobalt spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s MINE!
9.gif
Thanks for the good luck wishes. Now it''s a week long wait.
15.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Yay! Can''t wait for pictures!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
WOOOHOOO!!!
9.gif
I''m so excited for you Chrono!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 1:49:16 PM
Author: Chrono
It''s MINE!
9.gif
Thanks for the good luck wishes. Now it''s a week long wait.
15.gif

HOORAY! Well worth the wait, I think. So excited for you
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geesh, why can''t they build transporter devices like on Star Trek so that you can instantaneously have your stone transported to you!! I''m anxious with anticipation, I can only imagine how you must feel Chrono!!

Congratulations!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2009 8:16:27 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Geesh, why can''t they build transporter devices like on Star Trek so that you can instantaneously have your stone transported to you!! I''m anxious with anticipation, I can only imagine how you must feel Chrono!!

Congratulations!!
I bet that the transporter would alter the cyrstal structure of the stone. And many PSers would consider this an unnatural stone once shipped in this manner.

2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2009 8:30:50 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

Date: 5/30/2009 8:16:27 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Congratulations!!
I bet that the transporter would alter the cyrstal structure of the stone. And many PSers would consider this an unnatural stone once shipped in this manner.

2.gif
25.gif
25.gif
25.gif
2.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Geez, I am even paranoid about my pretties going through the xray scanner in the airport (totally unlikely to have any effect), but nonetheless, I am glad they arent metallic so they can be happy in my pocket
12.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imagine the shipping cost via a Trekkie transporter - $$$$$$
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay then, how about sending you a true to life real-time hologram so you can visually inspect the stone in 3D before purchasing?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! (But need to know the lighting condition first).
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I KNEW YOU''D SAY THAT!!! LOL!!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Payable in "Gold-pressed latinum" or di-lithium crystals... so I''ve been told heheh
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear, I'm not sure where I'm going to find those. Maybe I need to rob the Romulans.
11.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give them a "Vulcan pinch" for me!!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
That''s a relief! Not sure if I was going to be the only one who got that
17.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are we dating ourselves with all this Trekkie talk?
25.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2009 11:58:20 PM
Are we dating ourselves with all this Trekkie talk?
25.gif
No, I think we''re just showing how geeky we truly are.
emcrook.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Nah! Fictious precious metals and crystals are timeless
9.gif

But now that you mention it, I just never know how old anyone here is... I have this sneaky suspicion that it varies widely depending on which subforum... not as many ering shoppers here as in RT or SMTR, and I''d hardly call myself seasoned... I just started this damned addiction really young! Oooh shiney.... I like shiney...

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Btw Chrono, do you have access to a Chelsea filter to check out your new spinel... to confirm the Cobalt (I think it can help with that)?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Per the vendor who has the filter, it glows a vivid red. Not that I don''t trust him or anything, but how do I verify that it''s not a synthetic (short of sending it to a lab)? After all, all synthetic cobalts glow red too. Can I use the UV test?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 12:02:48 AM
Author: sleepyspinel
Nah! Fictious precious metals and crystals are timeless
9.gif

But now that you mention it, I just never know how old anyone here is... I have this sneaky suspicion that it varies widely depending on which subforum... not as many ering shoppers here as in RT or SMTR, and I'd hardly call myself seasoned... I just started this damned addiction really young! Oooh shiney.... I like shiney...
I started very young as well, a long time ago, in a galaxy far. . far away. (oops, wrong movie)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL,
Are we headed to the Dark Side now?

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
*I* am not since I steer clear of most stones that aren't "med-light"... I fear the dark side. I like the richer colors too, don't get me wrong, but I have been stung too many times by med-dark stones which die on me in dim lighting. Perhaps I am subconsciously wanting a cuprian tourmaline.... to glow in the dimness...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 12:19:01 AM
Author: sleepyspinel
*I* am not since I steer clear of most stones that aren''t ''med-light''... I fear the dark side. I like the richer colors too, don''t get me wrong, but I have been stung too many times by med-dark stones which die on me in dim lighting. Perhaps I am subconsciously wanting a cuprian tourmaline.... to glow in the dimness...
I''m exactly the same way. I steer clear of stones that are not medium light as well. I can handle some medium stones, but I never go medium dark, or dark! I''m sure everyone on PS has noticed my aversion to the "dark side." LOL!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find medium dark too dark for me. Medium or medium light is my ideal tone as well. What sold me on this spinel is that I was told it is a shade lighter than the picture.

Don''t mention cuprians. TL is the queen of cuprians here. I only have one and am still on the look out for another. That is a very addictive stone because it''s not just the colour but the internal light source it appears to have which makes it very unique.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 12:22:51 AM
I find medium dark too dark for me. Medium or medium light is my ideal tone as well. What sold me on this spinel is that I was told it is a shade lighter than the picture.

Don''t mention cuprians. TL is the queen of cuprians here. I only have one and am still on the look out for another. That is a very addictive stone because it''s not just the colour but the internal light source it appears to have which makes it very unique.
Don''t forget LovingDiamonds. She''s been MIA the last few days. She would have loved all this fun chit chat we''ve been having with SleepySpinel. LD has a collection that puts mine to shame.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I recall that the paraiba material also contained trace amounts of gold in addition to the famous copper. My guess that these high metal content stones like the rich chromium imbued Mogok rubies or Columbian emerald stones have typically imperfect crystals. Poor stones havent a chance with all that metal in their blood!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Glad to hear its lighter toned than the photo. I know that your experience with SGT has been good, and that you trust his verbal descriptions over his photos. Ofcourse you know that you''ll have to photoshoot this new addition as much as possible if you want feedback before the return period lapses... though if I thought returning to asia was difficult, I can only imagine that africa is more difficult?

Date: 5/31/2009 12:22:51 AM

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I am so happy that the beauty is yours.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
. I can''t wait to see pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results