shape
carat
color
clarity

Cloudless's Sapphire Journey - Opinions Welcome!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! That is beautiful!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Annnnnnd we are back to the classic blue! New to me art nouveau vertical three stone
2.4ct unheated Burmese with two OMCs:D
1690459364713.jpg

Wowza! Love that electric blue and the mounting is to die for gorgeous!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Annnnnnd we are back to the classic blue! New to me art nouveau vertical three stone
1690459364713.jpg
What do I want? ALL of 'em, Katie!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
1690459364713.jpg

More pics???

Ren

Rough_Rock
Back with a sneak peek of Alisa in her dress :)
1690237292580.png

This piece is absolutely stunning. I’ve been lurking for years and came out of hiding to ask if you wouldn’t mind messaging me who set Alisa for you?

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
This piece is absolutely stunning. I’ve been lurking for years and came out of hiding to ask if you wouldn’t mind messaging me who set Alisa for you?

Thank you! It's from Northway Studio! She doesn't set outside stone anymore though.

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
This is interesting... I was shown an unheated sapphire with an AGL report from 2016 saying "The country of origin for this stone is currently not determinable". First time I've seen this. Any thoughts???

The color:
1691203908784.png 1691204138575.png
Thoughts on the color as well? Sorry I need to crop out the rest of the pic as I'm still considering the purchase.

Last edited:

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
This is interesting... I was shown an unheated sapphire with an AGL report from 2016 saying "The country of origin for this stone is currently not determinable". First time I've seen this. Any thoughts???

The color:
1691203908784.png 1691204138575.png
Thoughts on the color as well? Sorry I need to crop out the rest of the pic as I'm still considering the purchase.

I got that recently on a stone the vendor said was from Ceylon.

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
I got that recently on a stone the vendor said was from Ceylon.

Out of curiosity, do you plan to get it tested at a different lab? Did AGL refund the fee for the origin testing?

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Out of curiosity, do you plan to get it tested at a different lab? Did AGL refund the fee for the origin testing?

Excellent questions! The stone was sold to me as an unheated pad from Ceylon/Sri Lanka. I will not retest because it failed in 3 areas that were important to me—treatment, color and origin. Plus, I believe the adage, GIA reports are for sellers; AGL is for buyers. No point in retesting because I just want a refund! No, I do not expect AGL to refund me—haven’t asked! Just considered they did the tests and I want their unbiased opinion. They would have an incentive to state an origin if they were financially penalized for not. ‘pad’ sapphire.png

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
Excellent questions! The stone was sold to me as an unheated pad from Ceylon/Sri Lanka. I will not retest because it failed in 3 areas that were important to me—treatment, color and origin. Plus, I believe the adage, GIA reports are for sellers; AGL is for buyers. No point in retesting because I just want a refund! No, I do not expect AGL to refund me—haven’t asked! Just considered they did the tests and I want their unbiased opinion. They would have an incentive to state an origin if they were financially penalized for not. ‘pad’ sapphire.png

Thank you!!! That makes a whole lot of sense. Hope you get the refund!

GIA reports are for sellers; AGL is for buyers

Will keep that in mind for sure. The experience I had with GIA was not a pleasant one either.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

It happens. It may not mean that the gem definitely isn’t from the said origin, just that the gemologist can’t determine for sure. There are examples where diff labs give diff opinions on origin too. End of the day such reports are not 100% accurate. There is a person (gemologist) behind each report and what is stated on the report is just their opinion. Sometimes it can help to have a chat with the gemologist.

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
It happens. It may not mean that the gem definitely isn’t from the said origin, just that the gemologist can’t determine for sure. There are examples where diff labs give diff opinions on origin too. End of the day such reports are not 100% accurate. There is a person (gemologist) behind each report and what is stated on the report is just their opinion. Sometimes it can help to have a chat with the gemologist.

I see, I'm reaching out to AGL to see if it's possible to re-test the stone. I wonder if they've accumulated more data in the past seven years or so since the last report was issued to allow a better chance at determining the origin.

Sometimes it can help to have a chat with the gemologist.

Good point!! That would be great.

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
~RandomRantAlert~
Had my eye on a sapphire ring until I saw this on the vendor's website:
1691342682685.png
Nor would the vendor agree to send the stone to any sort of lab to test for treatment.
Well no thanks, I'm not throwing $$$$$ around for a stone "without any representation or warranty or guarantee of any kind"...

I really do love the ring though.

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
And shout out to all of you in this thread for convincing me to get her when the opportunity arose :)
I'm biased but I haven't really seen any opalescent sapphire this nice since..

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
And shout out to all of you in this thread for convincing me to get her when the opportunity arose :)
I'm biased but I haven't really seen any opalescent sapphire this nice since..

Telling you, the real deal. A true unicorn. I will forever love 'our' Ailsa:love: and everything else, I'm in the will, right? Right?!

sheplaysgeetar

Rough_Rock
Thought I should add photos of it in its setting (also by Sennin) here too!
1676753920654.png

1676753941559.png
Somehow my phone camera makes the color look washed out. It's quite the color shifter (blue to green depends on lighting). LOVE Sennin's work, highly recommend!!

Hello! I absolutely love your ring. I just purchased a galaxy cut montana sapphire from sennin (should be here soon!). I'm considering having it set in a bezel, but am wondering how much darker it will make the sapphire appear. Do you have any more pictures of you ring in different lightings?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results