shape
carat
color
clarity

Champagne diamond studs as daily earrings?

Jujeh

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have recently gotten my earlobes repierced after accidentally letting them close up years ago. I'm trying to figure out what earrings to get for when they heal.

I'm very much a "one pair and keep them in forever" type of gal.

I was thinking about getting a pair of ~1.5ctw "champagne" diamond studs. I want them to be martini set.

Reasons: * I don't want them to overshadow my engagement ring
* Diamond studs above .5ctw are uncommon where I live and will likely be confused for cz anyway
* But if people DID think they were real, I feel that larger white diamonds are a bit flashy for this area.
* I just really like warmer diamonds
* I think it's a unique option without being too "out there"

But are there any cons I'm not thinking of? What do you all think? Thanks!

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im intetested in seeing what you end up with
i have worn 3 pairs of small silver keepers for years till i brought 3 pairs (in graduating sizes) of diamond studs
Ive never worn them and now i think some of my holes have grown over
im scared of studs because when i first got then pearced when i was 20 they got horribly infected and it was really hard to get them out as i had chosen a very small pair

i do love the look of champagne diamonds but please don't be influenced by what others might think
They are your ears and your dianonds, follow your heart and what will bring you joy to wear

I also think that ears (and also not forgetting to take into account your hair style) are further away from your hand so do not worry about your earings outshinning your ER if you happen to fall in love with some huge honker champaign studs

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
+1 to getting what you want and not worrying about what other people think! As long as the earrings are smaller and/or lower spec than your engagement ring, it probably won't outshine it!

I think the champagne diamonds would look lovely. One thing to consider is that while martini settings allow the diamonds to sit closer to the ear, it can also stretch out your piercing.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pair of 1.5 tcwt diamond studs in champagne but in the ear they basically look white.
No one goes “ohhhh are they warm / tinted”
I think earrings are much more forgiving in terms of colour and clarity. Polite people don’t get “that” close to you!

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
It is a matter of personal preference so get what you like.

My studs are that size but I don’t find them big - noone has every stared or commented. I don’t think they look big but then I’m also very tall. Might be a different story if you’re petite with tiny ears.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a matter of personal preference so get what you like.

My studs are that size but I don’t find them big - noone has every stared or commented. I don’t think they look big but then I’m also very tall. Might be a different story if you’re petite with tiny ears.

i have tiny ears (unfortunately not the body to match) and small but podgy hands and feet and am 164cm tall
i want maximum bling coverage ;)2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I would not wear studs to go to bed as I find them uncomfortable. However that's just me.

I too believe in getting what the OP wants and not to worry about what others may think.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results