shape
carat
color
clarity

Cellentani''s ultra-thin baguette bands are HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 5:39:42 PM
Author: cellentani

Date: 2/3/2009 4:52:49 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Your pics rock, too!!!!!!! I''m swooning over here!!!!!

I think I''m going to start a list with my jeweler of small stacker rings. My husband can go to my local jeweler, check the next one off the list, pay for it, and promptly gift it to me on whichever holiday we''re celbrating!

I like this idea! The single prongs make those bands Cellantini. Make them!
Hmmm, why do I think Lauren''s going to be inventing some new holidays this year!? And thanks about the pics - they''ve been a lot of fun.
Hehehehe! I''m so going to start churning up ideas for new holidays! I have to say, I''m getting really excited about the prospect of buying a few more pieces this year. I''ve just been given the ok to look for a DSLR and my husband has promised to build a light box for me!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 10:38:05 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Cool rings and great find! I always wondered about the quality of the Shopnbc but it looks like you did good!
I''m going to sound biased, because I am! Sonia''s line is different from any other jewelry manufacturer''s line because she truly cares about quality. Years ago when I bought my first Sonia piece, ShopNBC who was Value Vision back then, sold quite a few very good lines of diamond and gemstone jewelry. Since then, everything has changed and Sonia is basically - the only game in town for ladies who care about quality (as far as ShopNBC goes). Sonia''s jewelry has been sold literally everywhere fine jewelry is sold. Her stuff is all over Fortunoff and a sales assoc. from Fortunoff who overheard me talking about Sonia, told me that he first met her when she was selling her line to Cartier years ago. The really great thing about buying Sonia pieces is her warranty. If you buy a ring and don''t like the looks of one particular stone? You call Teresa and tell them you''re sending it in to have a stone changed. Two weeks later? You''ll have your ring back with a new stone. I love Sonia''s customer service. There''s nothing they wouldn''t do for us. I really can''t say enough about her or the way she conducts her business.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 8:09:21 PM
DH went to get takeout, so that means I get to take more pics!! I think this one shows a little more detail:

cellentani, your new rings are very pretty! and I think their versatility is endless. You''ve taken some great shots of them inside your new lightbox. I think your photos might inspire Sonia to bring us more stackers in the future.

Congrats and welcome to the club! Now you''re a Sonia girl too!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Love the pics! The bands are fabulous alone and with all of your other great pieces!!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
i keep coming back to this thread! great pics, cellentani! love the single shared prong look. not sure if you''ve already mentioned it but what is the height of the bands?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellentani please can I ask a HUGE favour? My local jeweller has agreed to make me two bands (as I can''t get ShopNBC to ship to the UK) however he needs to know the dimensions of the baguettes and rounds. He''s guessed 2 x 1mm for the bags but not sure on the rounds. Would you mind being an absolute darling and getting out the ruler for me please?

Many thanks in advance.

x

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds - I would absolutely love to help, and I can do better than a ruler! My DH gave me digital calipers this past Cmas.
9.gif
Give me a minute, and I''ll give you all the dimensions...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 1:25:38 PM
LovingDiamonds - I would absolutely love to help, and I can do better than a ruler! My DH gave me digital calipers this past Cmas.
9.gif
Give me a minute, and I''ll give you all the dimensions...
Mwah! You rock!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:34:22 PM
Author: gemgirl

Date: 2/2/2009 10:38:05 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Cool rings and great find! I always wondered about the quality of the Shopnbc but it looks like you did good!
I''m going to sound biased, because I am! Sonia''s line is different from any other jewelry manufacturer''s line because she truly cares about quality. Years ago when I bought my first Sonia piece, ShopNBC who was Value Vision back then, sold quite a few very good lines of diamond and gemstone jewelry. Since then, everything has changed and Sonia is basically - the only game in town for ladies who care about quality (as far as ShopNBC goes). Sonia''s jewelry has been sold literally everywhere fine jewelry is sold. Her stuff is all over Fortunoff and a sales assoc. from Fortunoff who overheard me talking about Sonia, told me that he first met her when she was selling her line to Cartier years ago. The really great thing about buying Sonia pieces is her warranty. If you buy a ring and don''t like the looks of one particular stone? You call Teresa and tell them you''re sending it in to have a stone changed. Two weeks later? You''ll have your ring back with a new stone. I love Sonia''s customer service. There''s nothing they wouldn''t do for us. I really can''t say enough about her or the way she conducts her business.
Gemgirl - thanks for all the info; I had no idea her customer service was that phenomenal, so I''m even more thrilled (now I''ll have to hang on to those little warranty cards that came with it)! I don''t think I ever bought anything from them, but I do remember ValueVision - I used to watch it while ironing, lol.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Sooo, I left my lightbox set up last night thinking, "hey, maybe I can get some more pics tomorrow." This morning, after the kids left for school, who should I find sitting in the lightbox? LOL, I think my youngest daughter will like this.

Hang on, LovingDiamonds, you''re next.

JoJo in lightbox.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That monkey NEEDS bling! lol

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 1:18:02 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Cellentani please can I ask a HUGE favour? My local jeweller has agreed to make me two bands (as I can't get ShopNBC to ship to the UK) however he needs to know the dimensions of the baguettes and rounds. He's guessed 2 x 1mm for the bags but not sure on the rounds. Would you mind being an absolute darling and getting out the ruler for me please?

Many thanks in advance.

x
Your jeweler was pretty close on the baguettes: they're 2.5 x 1.5mm. The rounds are 1.6mm. Each ring is .25tcw. Let me know if you need any more pics, too (different angles, etc). How exciting that he's going to make these for you!! How long will it take? Can't wait to see them.

ETA: I just took the bands to my jewelers this morning to have the prongs checked; one was loose, so I'm glad I went. He said I'd have to be careful because the prongs are sooo tiny; maybe your jeweler could make the prongs just a little bit sturdier so you wouldn't have to worry as much. I don't think it would detract from the delicate design at all.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 2:01:48 PM

Date: 2/4/2009 1:18:02 PM
Cellentani please can I ask a HUGE favour? My local jeweller has agreed to make me two bands (as I can''t get ShopNBC to ship to the UK) however he needs to know the dimensions of the baguettes and rounds. He''s guessed 2 x 1mm for the bags but not sure on the rounds. Would you mind being an absolute darling and getting out the ruler for me please?

Many thanks in advance.

x
Your jeweler was pretty close on the baguettes: they''re 2.5 x 1.5mm. The rounds are 1.6mm. Each ring is .25tcw. Let me know if you need any more pics, too (different angles, etc). How exciting that he''s going to make these for you!! How long will it take? Can''t wait to see them.

ETA: I just took the bands to my jewelers this morning to have the prongs checked; one was loose, so I''m glad I went. He said I''d have to be careful because the prongs are sooo tiny; maybe your jeweler could make the prongs just a little bit sturdier so you wouldn''t have to worry as much. I don''t think it would detract from the delicate design at all.
You''re a real darling. Thank you thank you thank you! ((((hug))))

Not sure how long it''ll take as I know he''s backed up at the moment but I don''t mind waiting. I''ll certainly discuss the prong issue with him and I guess because they''re shared prongs you''ve got to make sure they''re secure. It''s lucky you had both rings checked.

Thanks again. I really do appreciate your help. I''m incredibly excited now and promise I''ll post up pics for you to see as soon as they''re done.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 1:08:55 PM
Author: sugar
i keep coming back to this thread! great pics, cellentani! love the single shared prong look. not sure if you''ve already mentioned it but what is the height of the bands?
Hi sugar - I''m so glad you like the rings, thanks. The bands are about 1.5mm wide, but you''re asking how high they are off the finger, right? At the highest point, which is actually at the prong, they are 2.55mm. Here''s a pic just to show how high it is compared to my ER.

baguette band profile.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Stopped by the jewelers today to get the prongs checked on my baguette bands, and he also polished my DH''s ring. Here they are all together, cleaned, steamed, and polished.
9.gif

cells wedding set.JPG

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
thanks cellentani! enjoy your beautiful rings!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
those bands are so delicate and beautiful.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 10:35:40 PM
Oh isaku, I''m so sorry!!!! I definitely can relate to waiting a day and missing something I wanted.
14.gif
I can''t believe they sold out - did any of you other PSers get one??

You guys will probably shoot me, but I culled a few more pics from today.
Thanks for the sympathy, cellentani, but the worst was yet to come: Shop.nbc doesn''t ship to Canada
14.gif
. I started looking around the web to see whether any other e-tailers carried her line, but came up with nada. She must be exclusive to NBC.

Does anyone know of another site that just might ship to Canada?
1.gif
Failing all else, I have a friend in the US who could forward the package to me, but I hate to impose on an already very busy lady.
35.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 6:31:07 PM
Author: isaku5

Thanks for the sympathy, cellentani, but the worst was yet to come: Shop.nbc doesn''t ship to Canada
14.gif
. I started looking around the web to see whether any other e-tailers carried her line, but came up with nada. She must be exclusive to NBC.

Does anyone know of another site that just might ship to Canada?
1.gif
Failing all else, I have a friend in the US who could forward the package to me, but I hate to impose on an already very busy lady.
35.gif
They don''t ship to Canada either?! LovingDiamonds just posted today that since they don''t ship to the UK, she''s having her jeweler make them. Maybe you could go that route, but from all the threads I''ve read, Canada seems to have an appalling lack of good jewelry stores. And I''m sure that having them custom made will be more $$$
14.gif
14.gif
If I think of anything though, I''ll post it for you.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellentani / Isabel - I did the same web search to see if I could find anything by Sonia Bitton that was similar. The only rings I found were on Ebay. I couldn't find your lovely rings anywhere.

Isabel - Cellentani is right that it's going to cost a bit more to be custom made but if you get stuck and desperately want these then I can put you in touch with my jeweller if you want? I know he's in the UK but I'm pretty sure he'd ship to Canada. He's pricing everything up tomorrow so I should have a better idea of cost then. Alternatively you could wait until I post up pics of mine to see if you like what he's done before doing anything.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t want to change the topic - these are still from the same designer - does anyone think these look fun?!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 6:54:08 PM
Cellentani / Isabel - I did the same web search to see if I could find anything by Sonia Bitton that was similar. The only rings I found were on Ebay. I couldn''t find your lovely rings anywhere.

Isabel - Cellentani is right that it''s going to cost a bit more to be custom made but if you get stuck and desperately want these then I can put you in touch with my jeweller if you want? I know he''s in the UK but I''m pretty sure he''d ship to Canada. He''s pricing everything up tomorrow so I should have a better idea of cost then. Alternatively you could wait until I post up pics of mine to see if you like what he''s done before doing anything.
Sonia''s Galerie de Bijoux designs are sold exclusively by Shop NBC.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh, i just saw this thread! I am in love with your rings! They are so elegant and beautiful.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Cellentani / Isabel - I did the same web search to see if I could find anything by Sonia Bitton that was similar. The only rings I found were on Ebay. I couldn''t find your lovely rings anywhere.

Isabel - Cellentani is right that it''s going to cost a bit more to be custom made but if you get stuck and desperately want these then I can put you in touch with my jeweller if you want? I know he''s in the UK but I''m pretty sure he''d ship to Canada. He''s pricing everything up tomorrow so I should have a better idea of cost then. Alternatively you could wait until I post up pics of mine to see if you like what he''s done before doing anything.
Thank you for your offer of help, Loving Diamonds. Please let me know what your jeweller will charge, and if he''s willing to ship to Canada.

Cellentani, you''re right on the mark about our appalling lack of good jewellery shops here. We do have Tiffany''s, Royal de Versailles (bring your titanium Amex there) and Birk''s as well as smaller chains, but they are pricing themselves out of business. Sometimes I visit a local jeweller to buy silver cleaning polish and look at some of their diamonds while waiting for my receipt. Ridiculously expensive for appalling stones.
23.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 10:02:08 PM
Author: isaku5

Thank you for your offer of help, Loving Diamonds. Please let me know what your jeweller will charge, and if he''s willing to ship to Canada.

Cellentani, you''re right on the mark about our appalling lack of good jewellery shops here. We do have Tiffany''s, Royal de Versailles (bring your titanium Amex there) and Birk''s as well as smaller chains, but they are pricing themselves out of business. Sometimes I visit a local jeweller to buy silver cleaning polish and look at some of their diamonds while waiting for my receipt. Ridiculously expensive for appalling stones.
23.gif
I''ve sent him an email Isabel so as soon as I hear back I''ll let you know.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
My birthday orange roses with a birthday band.

LovingDiamonds - Hope you get a reasonable quote from your jeweler; I''m also curious.

cells orangerose band.JPG

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
it's gorgeous! i wonder if a custom one can be made to sit lower in height. i'd love to have one of these as a stacking band but it'd need to sit lower so it doesn't rub against my wband. it's so pretty!! can't wait to see the custom jobs that are in the works!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I had to come back and take another look at these beauties!
30.gif

They are fabulous! Well done!

Mrs.2Artists

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi sugar, I''m sure you can get something custom-made the way you want. I, myself, am very partial to low profile - the lower, the better. I was just wondering if these bands would eat into my ER....guess I''m gonna have to watch that.
40.gif

Thank you 2Artists. Everyone''s been so wonderful and enthusiastic - I''ve really enjoyed hearing from you all.
35.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cellentani, those bands are GORGEOUS. So gorgeous that I just ordered the last one!
3.gif
It''s a size 9 and I wear a size 5.25-5.5, but I''m going to take it to my jeweler and see what he thinks about sizing it down. For the price I figured it was worth a try! If he says no, I''ll just return it and cry all the way to the post office. And my fiance promised me a little graduation bling but I hadn''t taken him up on that yet, so it works out perfectly! Hopefully my jeweler will say it''s okay to size the band down...fingers crossed!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results