shape
carat
color
clarity

CBianco's Eye Candies

Your spinel ring is one of my very favorites here on PS. And that opalescent sapphire is so dreamy... is it set in rose gold? What are the accent stones? I feel like I'm seeing both pastel purple and pink. Or are they opalescent too and shifting colors? I have so many questions! :kiss2:

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Your spinel ring is one of my very favorites here on PS. And that opalescent sapphire is so dreamy... is it set in rose gold? What are the accent stones? I feel like I'm seeing both pastel purple and pink. Or are they opalescent too and shifting colors? I have so many questions! :kiss2:

Thank you Autumn, what an honor for my ring to be one of your favorites :kiss2:

The sapphire ring is set in rose gold with pink spinel accent stones. In person it's slightly more purplish, and flashes orange with any direct lighting. It's very magical looking facing certain directions outdoors, and in lower lighting more opaque and just purple. The stone itself is very clean, I think it's just very silky. It only shifts from pinkish purple and orange to just purple, not much more than that. Overall a very cool specimen and a lot to learn from!

I love your pretty floral halos! So lovely

Agreed! @CBianco Would you mind if I save the new ring in my inspiration folder? I'm looking for a more literal floral halo design for my padparadscha, and I'm not having much luck. I'd really like to do something honoring the lotus blossom, but the designs I've seen so far are not doing it for me. This one is lovely... you have really fine taste.

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
I love your pretty floral halos! So lovely
Thank you icy :kiss2:
Agreed! @CBianco Would you mind if I save the new ring in my inspiration folder? I'm looking for a more literal floral halo design for my padparadscha, and I'm not having much luck. I'd really like to do something honoring the lotus blossom, but the designs I've seen so far are not doing it for me. This one is lovely... you have really fine taste.
Of course you can! I think this style would look amazing with a padparadscha:kiss2: @nutellakitty made and designed this ring, so all credits to her=)2

Of course you can! I think this style would look amazing with a padparadscha:kiss2: @nutellakitty made and designed this ring, so all credits to her=)2

Really?! Oh how wonderful!! You did a smashing job, @nutellakitty!!
smitten.gif

@CBianco Thank you for the go-ahead! If you find a minute (and are so inclined), would you mind snapping a photo of the profile, so I can get a better idea of the petals?
1074.gif
I just think this diamond-shaped silhouette (that you clearly fancy) is so flattering.

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Really?! Oh how wonderful!! You did a smashing job, @nutellakitty!!
smitten.gif

@CBianco Thank you for the go-ahead! If you find a minute (and are so inclined), would you mind snapping a photo of the profile, so I can get a better idea of the petals?
1074.gif
I just think this diamond-shaped silhouette (that you clearly fancy) is so flattering.

Yes of course! I'll try to snap some more pics of it later today!

I do have a soft spot for diamond/kite shaped silhouettes, it's one of my favorites! I think it's very unique as most rings and halos are either round, oval or cushion/square shaped. For my spinel ring I was actually nagging the vendor that did my ring for it not be too squarish lol but I think it came out good, floral and flowery looking

Last edited:

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade

The side stones are baby pink Mahenge spinels. The side stones are silky&opalescent too. When I worked on that piece I thought of using rose-cut diamonds/purple sapphires/non-silky spinels. I ended up using opalescent spinels because they look better with the opalescent center stone. I think it will look lovely too for non-opalescent center stone with rose-cut on the petals.

@CBianco This is immensely helpful, many thanks!!
1237380ar500lxyn4.gif
What I like about this design, in particular, is that it is stylized (not just a floral-inspired halo of diamonds). And it's managed to be 3D without being overwrought. I really think something like this could work for my pad. Can't thank you enough! I was seriously having "designer's block" with that concept. lol

@nutellakitty You're so talented... I appreciate the insight!!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the spams everyone, but then again I remember why I started this thread in the first place :lol-2:;)2

My ring making a peekaboo appearance in my doggo pics

20221029_151923.jpg 20221029_152102.jpg 20221029_151847.jpg

Unfortunately he's been diagnosed and confirmed of pemphigus foliaceus (a rare autoimmune skin disease) this week and racked up some very expensive vet bills... One of the reasons I have been trying to sell my champagne diamond too. Fortunately he's doing well so far on meds, hopefully it'll stay that way.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love love love all your pink bling, @CBianco !!! Not normally a pink fan, but am totally drooling over your collection. I am actually sooo interested in your “galaxy stone” (at least it looks like a galaxy to me). Wow!

I hope your pup stays ok!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers crossed that gorgeous furball of yours stabilises and goes on to live a long, long happy doggy life. I would say your pink spinel really suits him. :bigsmile:

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love all your pink bling, @CBianco !!! Not normally a pink fan, but am totally drooling over your collection. I am actually sooo interested in your “galaxy stone” (at least it looks like a galaxy to me). Wow!

I hope your pup stays ok!
Thank you so much!:kiss2: The bicolor sapphire really does look like a little galaxy! Gary from finewater did a phenomenal job in cutting the stone to face up like that.
Fingers crossed that gorgeous furball of yours stabilises and goes on to live a long, long happy doggy life. I would say your pink spinel really suits him. :bigsmile:
Thank you, I hope so too he'll have a long and happy life. He's the sweetest boy and deserves the world. Everywhere we go people love him and say how well behaved he is. We are cherishing every day that he's here with us=)2

Sorry for the spams everyone, but then again I remember why I started this thread in the first place :lol-2:;)2

My ring making a peekaboo appearance in my doggo pics

20221029_151923.jpg 20221029_152102.jpg 20221029_151847.jpg

Unfortunately he's been diagnosed and confirmed of pemphigus foliaceus (a rare autoimmune skin disease) this week and racked up some very expensive vet bills... One of the reasons I have been trying to sell my champagne diamond too. Fortunately he's doing well so far on meds, hopefully it'll stay that way.

Well now you've gone and done it... goldens are the only breed I've ever owned. Sweet babies from heaven, they are!! Your floof looks to be an English cream, correct? Beautiful! I'm so happy he's responding well to the meds (but sorry for the expense)!! Add that ring into the equation and this is just nirvana.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well now you've gone and done it... goldens are the only breed I've ever owned. Sweet babies from heaven, they are!! Your floof looks to be an English cream, correct? Beautiful! I'm so happy he's responding well to the meds (but sorry for the expense)!! Add that ring into the equation and this is just nirvana.

Omg

You own goldens???

Meeeeet my baby!!!!!!! She's ancient but she still here with us. Our perpetual toddler!

PXL_20220401_022407318.jpg

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock

Yes he is an English cream golden! They are the absolute sweetest little polar bears :kiss2: I actually own a German shepherd as well, who's also a gentle giant but is a little naughty sometimes lol. They have a little friendly brotherly rivalry

Yes he is an English cream golden! They are the absolute sweetest little polar bears :kiss2: I actually own a German shepherd as well, who's also a gentle giant but is a little naughty sometimes lol. They have a little friendly brotherly rivalry

Shepherds are my other favorite breed!! Aww...
cloud9emoti.gif

Timor

Shiny_Rock
Hope your fur baby gets well soon!
And the ring is so stunning...!! I too would love to save the style:) You take beautiful photos too.

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Hope your fur baby gets well soon!
And the ring is so stunning...!! I too would love to save the style:) You take beautiful photos too.

Thank you!=)2 I think my trick for getting decent photos is just taking a bunch of them and choose whichever one focuses properly lol! I also tend to take them further away and then cropping after, as I find the color much more accurate that way rather than taking directly close up

Timor

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!=)2 I think my trick for getting decent photos is just taking a bunch of them and choose whichever one focuses properly lol! I also tend to take them further away and then cropping after, as I find the color much more accurate that way rather than taking directly close up

Thanks for the tips! I do cropping as well, but I feel it is difficult to take accurate ones with my phone, sometimes I had to adjust. It would probably be easier with a proper camera.
Also love your jedis btw. You have a stunning pink collection!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the tips! I do cropping as well, but I feel it is difficult to take accurate ones with my phone, sometimes I had to adjust. It would probably be easier with a proper camera.
Also love your jedis btw. You have a stunning pink collection!

I take all pics with my samsung S20, it's not perfect but not bad either. From what I've gathered throughout this forum it seems that iPhones are the worst for gem pictures haha

Thanks again:kiss2:

I take all pics with my samsung S20, it's not perfect but not bad either. From what I've gathered throughout this forum it seems that iPhones are the worst for gem pictures haha

Thanks again:kiss2:

I would like to throw my z flip4 into the running for worst (at everything) camera. It's too bad, because otherwise it's my favorite phone I've ever had. Your photos are excellent, but I think you just have really nice pieces. lol

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
I would like to throw my z flip4 into the running for worst (at everything) camera. It's too bad, because otherwise it's my favorite phone I've ever had. Your photos are excellent, but I think you just have really nice pieces. lol

Why thank you Autumn, and sometimes I also think maybe I'm only taking glamour pics and not showing the "bad" side lol. But my jedi ring literally looks good in ANY lighting and its not an exaggeration.

Morning coffee snaps: 20221031_085435.jpg 20221031_085315.jpg 20221031_085200.jpg 20221031_085559.jpg
The subtle saturation difference between jedi and mahenge is apparent I think.

Probably the most "unflattering" look:
20221031_084955.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results