shape
carat
color
clarity

CBianco's Eye Candies

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Well the spinel squares up and thumps you right in the proboscis.
boxinggy2.gif
Boink. So if another pink holds up next to it, especially a garnet, you have a winner there!
Random useless interjection:
*sigh* I love the word proboscis.

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
My little family=)2

Top: mahenge spinel ring, jedi spinel ring, lab pink sapphire ring

Bottom: demantoid garnet, mansin pink spinel, bi color winza sapphire, mahenge garnet, champane heart diamond, burmese blue spinel

It's literally impossible to get a decent picture of them together and my camera always focuses on the jedi ring lol

20221004_125059.jpg 20221004_125140.jpg 20221004_125312.jpg

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
My little family=)2

Bottom: demantoid garnet, mansin pink spinel, bi color winza sapphire, mahenge garnet, champane heart diamond, burmese blue spinel

It's literally impossible to get a decent picture of them together and my camera always focuses on the jedi ring lol

Oh I am particularly curious about that champagne diamond! What’s the colour description on report and how does it perform in various lightings?!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I am particularly curious about that champagne diamond! What’s the colour description on report and how does it perform in various lightings?!

It didn't come with a report, was bought in one of the premiergemstone auctions on IG. It performs pretty well in all lighting, a medium champagne color and not dark at all. I actually listed it on LT because although I love it, I just don't have plans to set it anytime soon

Last edited:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning collection! Absolutely love your family of pinks, and did that recut pay off, making that jedi spinel more gorgeous than it already was!

Looking forward to what you do with the little galaxy/bicolor sapphire!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning collection! Absolutely love your family of pinks, and did that recut pay off, making that jedi spinel more gorgeous than it already was!

Looking forward to what you do with the little galaxy/bicolor sapphire!

Thank you so much! I was aware that sometimes recuts can go wrong and not everyone loved the end results, but this one sure did pay off! Couldn't have imagined it better with such little weight loss.

Will definitely update when I set the sapphire in the future!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Took my stones next to a window with sunlight coming in. Shame I can't capture my demantoid properly, it's a radioactive neon green in person but always looks more yellowish in pictures. 20221016_134220.jpg 20221016_134112.jpg 20221016_134223.jpg 20221016_133413.jpg 20221016_133705.jpg 20221016_133751.jpg 20221016_133310.jpg 20221016_133558.jpg 20221016_134526.jpg

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
My garnet is a moody little lady. Goes from vivid pink to closing up/dark depending on where I'm facing. I guess thats just how red/pink garnets are. Still adore it as it's my birthstone and cutting is top notch. 20221016_124839.jpg 20221016_124715.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your collection @CBianco! :kiss2: That demantoid looks so vibrant…wowza!:love: I also have a soft spot for that lovely bi-colored sapphire. I think they are so visually interesting. I remember Gene from precision gem sold one years ago that I just adored. I didn’t manage to snag it but it lives on in my memory.

Love your collection @CBianco! :kiss2: That demantoid looks so vibrant…wowza!:love: I also have a soft spot for that lovely bi-colored sapphire. I think they are so visually interesting. I remember Gene from precision gem sold one years ago that I just adored. I didn’t manage to snag it but it lives on in my memory.

I would have grabbed it too! So she saved us all from a bidding war.
1237392xqjdgfjci8.gif
That galaxy stone is one of the gems on this forum I'm most looking forward to being set. Any ideas yet, @CBianco?

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much @elle_71125! It's very unique, but does need good lighting to enjoy this crazy phenomenon.
I would have grabbed it too! So she saved us all from a bidding war.
1237392xqjdgfjci8.gif
That galaxy stone is one of the gems on this forum I'm most looking forward to being set. Any ideas yet, @CBianco?
Haha! Can't seem to decide between these two styles of designs Screenshot_20220219-100653_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20221016-155410_Etsy.jpg Screenshot_20221016-155415_Etsy.jpg What do you think? Halo or no halo? I wish I can set this soon, but don't have the funds now:(2. Plus I'm also thinking to set the garnet in CvB Sienna rose gold, which is also very expensive.

Thank you so much @elle_71125! It's very unique, but does need good lighting to enjoy this crazy phenomenon.

Haha! Can't seem to decide between these two styles of designs Screenshot_20220219-100653_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20221016-155410_Etsy.jpg Screenshot_20221016-155415_Etsy.jpg What do you think? Halo or no halo? I wish I can set this soon, but don't have the funds now:(2. Plus I'm also thinking to set the garnet in CvB Sienna rose gold, which is also very expensive.

I can see why you're torn! Both lovely, but I definitely prefer the second (halo). What is the diameter of the galaxy sapphire?

I'm leaning towards halo too! Love the tapered shank on it. It's about 6.7mm, pretty big for my 4.75 sized finger

I always thought having a size 5.5 ring finger (left hand) was small until I joined PS. Some ladies here have truly tiny digits! My mother, bless her heart, has monstrous man hands, so I'm just glad I didn't inherit them...

JealousFalseIntermediateegret-size_restricted.gif

Anyway, yes, that stone is a great size for you! :)

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
I always thought having a size 5.5 ring finger (left hand) was small until I joined PS. Some ladies here have truly tiny digits! My mother, bless her heart, has monstrous man hands, so I'm just glad I didn't inherit them...

JealousFalseIntermediateegret-size_restricted.gif

Anyway, yes, that stone is a great size for you! :)

I think the average ring finger size in the US is 6 so you're also on the small side :) My left ring finger is actually 4/4.25 lol, and I'm 5'8 so not petite or anything! Just small hands:lol-2: At least I can save some $$$ on smaller stones:P2

I think the average ring finger size in the US is 6 so you're also on the small side :) My left ring finger is actually 4/4.25 lol, and I'm 5'8 so not petite or anything! Just small hands:lol-2: At least I can save some $$$ on smaller stones:P2

Lucky!
anotherdancyguy.gif

Double E

Brilliant_Rock

I understand that advantage! My wife has same finger size~

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Took my stones next to a window with sunlight coming in. Shame I can't capture my demantoid properly, it's a radioactive neon green in person but always looks more yellowish in pictures.

What a beautiful collection!

I too find demantoid difficult to photograph at times. Some stones are even worse. I had a magnificent bright green chrome tourmaline once that photographed as a brownish yellow green, no matter what lighting I used. I even hired a professional photographer who tried using several different films, but never could get a decent photo.

That was WAY back in the mid 70's, long before digital cameras became the norm.

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful collection!

I too find demantoid difficult to photograph at times. Some stones are even worse. I had a magnificent bright green chrome tourmaline once that photographed as a brownish yellow green, no matter what lighting I used. I even hired a professional photographer who tried using several different films, but never could get a decent photo.

That was WAY back in the mid 70's, long before digital cameras became the norm.

Thank you so much @Wink

I've found green stones in general are the hardest to photograph. Saw a gorgeous $40k Columbian emerald ring at a high end jewelry store a few weeks ago, the color was insane and screaming at me. Took my phone out to grab a picture and it's not even close to what I saw with my eyes. Didn't even press the button for photo, just shut my phone off and gave up right away:lol-2:

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much @Wink

I've found green stones in general are the hardest to photograph. Saw a gorgeous $40k Columbian emerald ring at a high end jewelry store a few weeks ago, the color was insane and screaming at me. Took my phone out to grab a picture and it's not even close to what I saw with my eyes. Didn't even press the button for photo, just shut my phone off and gave up right away:lol-2:

When I was a student at GIA in 1975, I spent a LOT of time going to the Jewelry market on Hill Street. I made rent and paid my bills buying and selling gems, as I had just gotten out of the Marine Corps and did not have a lot of money.

Oh man, the treasures I saw at times! I had one dealer who I particularly got along with who called me one day and said he had a rare bit of heaven for me to see. When I got to his office the next day we went in to his back room and he took out an emerald of several carats. When he opened the paper holding it, I got dizzy just looking at it and could hardly breathe. It seemed like the very air in the room took on a greenish overtone.

When I did not ask the price, he asked me why I did not want to know. I told him there was no way in heck I could afford it, and I did not yet have enough of a reputation to entice one of my clients to buy something this incredible.

We sat admiring the gem for a short while more. As I rose to go, he asked me if I had enjoyed seeing his gem. I said it was the most beautiful emerald I have ever seen. He agreed and told me he had turned down $50,000 for it earlier in the day.

When I saw him a couple of weeks later, he told me he had sold it and wished he could have kept it for his wife to wear forever. I did not ask and he did not offer the price. Instead I thanked him for showing me what a real emerald was supposed to look like.

Man, I LOVE this business.

Last edited:

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
When I was a student at GIA in 1975, I spent a LOT of time going to the Jewelry market on Hill Street. I made rent and paid my bills buying and selling gems, as I had just gotten out of the Marine Corps and did not have a lot of money.

Oh man, the treasures I saw at times! I had one dealer who I particularly got along with who called me one day and said he had a rare bit of heaven for me to see. When I got to his office the next day we went in to his back room and he took out an emerald of several carats. When he opened the paper holding it, I got dizzy just looking at it and could hardly breathe. It seemed like the very air in the room took on a greenish overtone.

When I did not ask the price, he asked me why I did not want to know. I told him there was no way in heck I could afford it, and I did not yet have enough of a reputation to entice one of my clients to buy something this incredible.

We sat admiring the gem for a short while more. As I rose to go, he asked me if I had enjoyed seeing his gem. I said it was the most beautiful emerald I have ever seen. He agreed and told me he had turned down $50,000 for it earlier in the day.

When I saw him a couple of weeks later, he told me he had sold it and wished he could have kept it for his wife to wear forever. I did not ask and he did not offer the price. Instead I thanked him for showing me what a real emerald was supposed to look like.

Man, I LOVE this business.

What an incredible story, thank you for sharing it with us!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
My little family=)2

If you ever want to sell the bicolor sapphire, let me know! What a pretty collection!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
I also bought a opalescent purple sapphire ring. I really like the ring and the stone is super cool, but I have to admit its extremely photogenic.
20221028_152208.jpg 20221020_094613.jpg 20221020_122051.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results