shape
carat
color
clarity

CBianco's Eye Candies

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
I too have decided to start my own thread for my small but slowly growing collection, don't want to murk up anyone else's;-) I've only recently gotten into colored gemstones and have learned so much from all the fellow lovely Psers here, so a big thank you to everyone:kiss2:

Some eye candy for all the pink spinel lovers here today! Mansin cushion, jedi pear and mahenge round.

Mahenge Round 0.99ct: Definitely the sparkliest. The color is a lovely neon pink with a bit of warmth.

Jedi Pear 0.78ct: Bought as preloved. It doesn't sparkle much but glows like a light saber in sunlight.

Burmese Mansin Cushion 2.03ct: Unset as of now. It's actually my personal favorite (color wise) out of the trio, vivid pink with a tinge of purple undertone and sparkles orange in some lighting. Can glow like jedi in sunset. It's likely not a top trade ideal color but it's a top in my heart. Faces up quite small for it's weight, cut very deeply but also has a very high crown which I love. I'm assuming maybe the depth actually gives it that extra pop of color, but I could be wrong.

It's so hard to capture the colors properly. 20220421_122156.jpg 20220421_121949.jpg 20220421_123248.jpg

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
I am PINK with envy!!! I love love love these, such beauties! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
I love pink, and I love the mansin and Jedi pink spinels MOST of all... it's my dream to own a sizeable one someday!
For now, I just have my smol 1.8 mm melee to get me through... :lol:

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
I am PINK with envy!!! I love love love these, such beauties! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
I love pink, and I love the mansin and Jedi pink spinels MOST of all... it's my dream to own a sizeable one someday!
For now, I just have my smol 1.8 mm melee to get me through... :lol:

Thank you! Hope you'll get a sizeable one soon, you won't regret it they're amazing;-)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:shock: Hellooooooooooooo, did someone say pink/red spinel ?! :love:
Love these nuggets of pink fire! Isn't it just amazing how you can find just the shade in spinel? Some of my favorite effects in spinel is when they throw those flashes of another color, I don't get to see those that often and only have two that really do it. I do think depth plays a part. They are both deeper stones. It's so cool.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Wow that colour! Totally mesmerising! More pics please!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What gorgeous pinks! I’ve been obsessed with pinks since I got my first one. Especially spinels…and yours are perfection! :kiss2:

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
:shock: Hellooooooooooooo, did someone say pink/red spinel ?! :love:
Love these nuggets of pink fire! Isn't it just amazing how you can find just the shade in spinel? Some of my favorite effects in spinel is when they throw those flashes of another color, I don't get to see those that often and only have two that really do it. I do think depth plays a part. They are both deeper stones. It's so cool.

Thank you:) I also love the flashes of orange in the cushion stone, especially in incandescent lighting. It really does come alive.

Here is a not great photo of it in bathroom lighting lol, the flashes more visible in person than what my camera can capture
20220114_202658.jpg

Last edited:

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
What gorgeous pinks! I’ve been obsessed with pinks since I got my first one. Especially spinels…and yours are perfection! :kiss2:

Thank you, I also have an obsession with them! They're definitely partially inspired by your amazing collection:kiss2:

Sometimes I think I'm broken because I'm a female who doesn't love pink. But then I see fine spinel material like this, and lose my mind. That cushion is ridic!! :kiss2: You shared some of these beauties in the rainbow thread, much to my glee.

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes I think I'm broken because I'm a female who doesn't love pink. But then I see fine spinel material like this, and lose my mind. That cushion is ridic!! :kiss2: You shared some of these beauties in the rainbow thread, much to my glee.

Thank you Autumn and noo you're not broken, we all have different tastes:twisted2: I feel similarly towards pure reds actually, even though it's the most desirable and expensive color it just doesn't do much for me. I need that pink/purple modifier lol

Thank you Autumn and noo you're not broken, we all have different tastes:twisted2: I feel similarly towards pure reds actually, even though it's the most desirable and expensive color it just doesn't do much for me. I need that pink/purple modifier lol

True, true! I also love your pear setting. I have something similar planned for a different stone. Took for forever to find a pear setting I liked that wasn't a halo!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
True, true! I also love your pear setting. I have something similar planned for a different stone. Took for forever to find a pear setting I liked that wasn't a halo!

Thank you=)2 I've also struggled with pear setting ideas as well. This one is perfect especially for the size of the stone, it's dainty, light (18K WG) and easy to wear. Also seen this design on emerald and cushion cuts, very interesting and different!

What stone are you planning to set? I can't wait to see it:kiss2:

Thank you=)2 I've also struggled with pear setting ideas as well. This one is perfect especially for the size of the stone, it's dainty, light (18K WG) and easy to wear. Also seen this design on emerald and cushion cuts, very interesting and different!

What stone are you planning to set? I can't wait to see it:kiss2:

It's a flame-cut (sort of like a pear with a flatter bottom) imperial topaz. I hope to receive it soon, and will definitely share! What do you have planned for that fabulous cushion?

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock

I think you and I are gemstone sisters. I love spinels to death and have several pink ones but I only have one neon pink. And I don’t really like red either. I feel like I should want a red ruby but I really only like pink. And I too have a rainbow sapphire.

I need to play with my spinel collection some more to see if any of them have flashes of other colors like orange. I know they have fire but I didn’t really pay attention to the color flashes. One of mine is a deep purple and that one does throw some crazy flashes of color.

Your spinels are gorgeous. I love the round diamond setting. Where did you find that?

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
I think you and I are gemstone sisters. I love spinels to death and have several pink ones but I only have one neon pink. And I don’t really like red either. I feel like I should want a red ruby but I really only like pink. And I too have a rainbow sapphire.

I need to play with my spinel collection some more to see if any of them have flashes of other colors like orange. I know they have fire but I didn’t really pay attention to the color flashes. One of mine is a deep purple and that one does throw some crazy flashes of color.

Your spinels are gorgeous. I love the round diamond setting. Where did you find that?

We are definitely gemstone sisters!:dance:

And yes check yours out to see if it has those color flashes! My round spinel for example doesn't really have that and it's more one dimensional when comparing to the cushion. Your spinels are gorgeous too!

The setting was custom made by Enhoerning. Very well craftsmanship=)2 0E2A7629 small.JPG

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
The cushion at sunset

20220131_170525.jpg

It normally doesn't look that way, but it's still pretty cool how in the right lighting this happens, in my opinion. Yes I sqeezed the stone extra hard, didn't want to drop it:oops2:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread!
Stunning pinks! You have a beautiful stone and ring collection

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pinks!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
My latest acquisition is a 1.18ct Namya Jedi Spinel Ring, I thought it deserved its own thread at SMTB

20220511_175559.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cocobianco sorry to threadjack here, but just curious if your loose stone looked similar to the one on the right in this pic, or more like the one on the left? Thanks!!
20220517_102152.jpg

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
It’s such a juicy colour...!omg!

Are you comfortable to share the price?

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
It’s such a juicy colour...!omg!

Are you comfortable to share the price?

It was $5K, the last Namya he had (at the time). Its very expensive but actually decently priced compared to quotes I've gotten from other vendors, who asked over/around $10K for similar sized stones. The $10K ones weren't completely clean either. Pricing for true jedis are completely insane, but you can definitely tell the difference of the material in person. It performs out of this world in sunlight, and amazingly well in all different lighting conditions. And I have 2 very high quality pink spinels to compare it to.

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
20220517_173756.jpg
20220517_174248.jpg

The color of the second pic isn't completely accurate (the jedi is slightly less red in person, while the mahenge looks desaturated), but it shows the jedi can be more reddish depending where I'm facing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results