carat
color
clarity

CBianco's Eye Candies

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the unsolicited weekly picture updates lol! :lol-2:

Against sunlight 20221119_105602.jpg

Here's a pretty bad picture of the jedi and pink cush. Jedi is clearly redder and brighter. Both are vividly saturated but with different characteristics. Love them both to death:lickout:

20221119_141153.jpg

Never going to tire of this one... every photo is a glamour shot.
daydreaming.gif

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the unsolicited weekly picture updates lol! :lol-2:

Against sunlight 20221119_105602.jpg

Here's a pretty bad picture of the jedi and pink cush. Jedi is clearly redder and brighter. Both are vividly saturated but with different characteristics. Love them both to death:lickout:

20221119_141153.jpg

Psht, it’s not unsolicited. I ask for more pictures of this beauty every time I turn around. You’re just providing a little hit to this gem junkie. :lol:
I seriously adore this ring!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Just opened my package this morning from mastercut gems, a blue and a pink zircon. Wow, their gems are so much prettier in person than their pictures!!

I absolutely adore the blue zircon, it's crazy brilliant and has such a soothing shade of blue.
The pink one isn't really pink, it's more of a mauve rosy champagne color. I can see with my naked eye the doubled facets which is super cool. It is unheated from Tanzania. Very pretty stone, but the color isn't really me so I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it yet. I have yet to see it in better lighting, maybe it'll change my mind

I apologize for the terrible photos, it's very cloudy and dark today plus I think the stones have my fingerprints on them 20221126_095406.jpg 20221126_095441.jpg

Indoor lighting:

20221126_091339.jpg

Last edited:

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Couple more pics, still cloudy and not very bright outside. Pink garnet in the middle is from Gene. The pink zircon isn't too photogenic and better in person. I think it'll look great in rose gold, but still can't decide to keep or not:confused:

20221126_151155.jpg 20221126_151206.jpg 20221126_150923.jpg

I know this isn't what you had in mind, but I LOVE these 3 gems together!! They compliment each other so well. It's a pastel lover's dream. :kiss2: The blue is a perfect Caribbean shade, the garnet is so juicy, and the pink zircon is a lovely petal pink. Anyway, enjoy!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
I know this isn't what you had in mind, but I LOVE these 3 gems together!! They compliment each other so well. It's a pastel lover's dream. :kiss2: The blue is a perfect Caribbean shade, the garnet is so juicy, and the pink zircon is a lovely petal pink. Anyway, enjoy!

Maybe a drop pendant with halo around each stone? ;)2
Screenshot_20221126-203052_Instagram.jpg
This might be a fellow pser's but I'm not completely sure. It would be phenomenal like this, but not really something I'd wear much as I'm quite a minimalist when it comes to necklaces. But even for my rings I "play" with them more than I actually wear them, lol.

I actually have ring setting ideas for the garnet and blue zircon already, so I'll just have to give some thoughts on it!

Maybe a drop pendant with halo around each stone? ;)2
Screenshot_20221126-203052_Instagram.jpg
This might be a fellow pser's but I'm not completely sure. It would be phenomenal like this, but not really something I'd wear much as I'm quite a minimalist when it comes to necklaces. But even for my rings I "play" with them more than I actually wear them, lol.

I actually have ring setting ideas for the garnet and blue zircon already, so I'll just have to give some thoughts on it!

lol I'm in! That is seriously gorgeous though. But I think the same way as you... I'm all for CS accent stones, but I like to break up focal stones into different pieces. More bling that way! I'm also more of a ring than a necklace person. :)

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
lol I'm in! That is seriously gorgeous though. But I think the same way as you... I'm all for CS accent stones, but I like to break up focal stones into different pieces. More bling that way! I'm also more of a ring than a necklace person. :)

Thanks for opening up my mind, it's a pretty good idea=)2 It'll actually probably cost less to set them all together into a pendant too, but I really wanted to make that garnet into a ring haha. I'll play with them for a couple more days and see!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Sun is out today!:cool2:

I really think zircons are underrated... The blue in the sun is just crazy brilliant and magnificent.... That shade of caribbean vivid icy blue is just so calming. The pink has so much rainbow fire and a more purplish body tone. These would be considered "high zircons" which their mohs is 7.5, I'm thinking they'll be OK to wear as a here and there cocktail ring? I actually can't believe how cheap these are.

Photos obviously don't capture their magnificence!

20221128_085027.jpg 20221128_085044.jpg

Bonus eye candy;)2

20221127_230544.jpg

I guess this would be considered under "perfect jewelry store lighting" lol.

Sun is out today!:cool2:

I really think zircons are underrated... The blue in the sun is just crazy brilliant and magnificent.... That shade of caribbean vivid icy blue is just so calming. The pink has so much rainbow fire and a more purplish body tone. These would be considered "high zircons" which their mohs is 7.5, I'm thinking they'll be OK to wear as a here and there cocktail ring? I actually can't believe how cheap these are.

Photos obviously don't capture their magnificence!

20221128_085027.jpg 20221128_085044.jpg

Bonus eye candy;)2

20221127_230544.jpg

I guess this would be considered under "perfect jewelry store lighting" lol.

I love the affordable pricing of zircons... good hardness, but a bit brittle, so just be careful of knocks/chips. SWOON!!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock

First time using vimeo, just trying it outo_O

Anyways, enjoy! This gets ridiculously pink in the sun, due to the fluorescence

20221129_121300.jpg
20221129_123925.jpg
20221129_121524.jpg 20221129_124123.jpg

Last edited:

Timor

Shiny_Rock
Never gonna tire of this ring. And may I say I love your watch?

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The weather is beautiful your rings are super stunning too!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Couple more pics, still cloudy and not very bright outside. Pink garnet in the middle is from Gene. The pink zircon isn't too photogenic and better in person. I think it'll look great in rose gold, but still can't decide to keep or not:confused:

20221126_151155.jpg 20221126_151206.jpg 20221126_150923.jpg
I sent one stone back and still think I should have kept it.
It will look awesome in rose gold.

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Never gonna tire of this ring. And may I say I love your watch?

Glad to hear that so I can keep spamming :lol-2: JK
And thank you=)2

The weather is beautiful your rings are super stunning too!

Thank you, and thank god for sunny FL:cool2::lol:

I sent one stone back and still think I should have kept it.
It will look awesome in rose gold.

I have decided to keep it. It wasn't expensive and I'm actually loving the huge finger coverage! Oh no, I hope big stones don't become a new expensive habit of mine lol:oops2:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear that so I can keep spamming :lol-2: JK
And thank you=)2

Thank you, and thank god for sunny FL:cool2::lol:

I have decided to keep it. It wasn't expensive and I'm actually loving the huge finger coverage! Oh no, I hope big stones don't become a new expensive habit of mine lol:oops2:

Glad to hear that, enjoy! (and don't forget to show it when it's set).

My pink zircon in ideal (outdoor diffused lighting) conditions. The mix of light pink and purple is just :kiss2:. Man I wish it looked like this all the time... Loving the 9×7 stone size too! 20221203_125326.jpg

Diffused/indirect natural daylight (around midday) is the proper way to view it though, so if it looks its best in this lighting, it's a winner in my book!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Diffused/indirect natural daylight (around midday) is the proper way to view it though, so if it looks its best in this lighting, it's a winner in my book!

This was taken around midday, outside under a shaded cover. Is that the proper way to view it?

I've found that my gems look the best in the above condition, or inside with my back against the window and gems in front of me facing the window. With the exception of my galaxy sapphire which look best by far in direct sunlight, or my jedi that I can barely look at because its too bright lol. I'm no expert:lol-2:

This was taken around midday, outside under a shaded cover. Is that the proper way to view it?

I've found that my gems look the best in the above condition, or inside with my back against the window and gems in front of me facing the window. With the exception of my galaxy sapphire which look best by far in direct sunlight, or my jedi that I can barely look at because its too bright lol. I'm no expert:lol-2:

I try to go by the labs... they have a very controlled lighting environment when evaluating gems. Although midday will mean different things to different folks, depending on where they live in relation to the equator and what type of cloud cover they have, it's the closest we can come (naturally). Plus, that's how our ancestors (cavemen? lol) would have enjoyed rough stones they stumbled upon (that's how I like to think of it). The consensus is that the viewing light temp should be around 5000 to 5500 kelvin. :)

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Sharing my first (and will definitely not be last) paraiba tourmaline! I got it from desertrose on IG, described as ultra neon, highly saturated and Brazilian. In person it's a very slightly greenish blue, and the color doesn't seem to shift at all under any lighting, which is so not usual!! It's also wee sized at only 3.8mm, but it packs a serious punch! 20230225_150233.jpg 20230225_150031.jpg 20230227_135144.jpg

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
That IS ultra neon! Looks so dazzling, can't wait to see what you do with it.

It's like a little neon dot! I already have a setting idea for it, it'll be the first one to set when I can get funds for it. So exited about this little guy:)

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
David Klass just redid the prongs on my jedi ring. He also resized it from a 5.25 to 4.75 while keeping the same shank shape at the bottom. Holy moly I can't wait to receive it back and see her in person!!!:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Coco-1.jpg Coco-7.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results