shape
carat
color
clarity

CBD oil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much!

My son is on two mood stabilizers, Zoloft plus a sleep aid to keep his under control. It’s so crazy— I mean it’s working, but he has to take a ridiculous amount of drugs to keep it suppressed and he still has break through attacks every now and again.

Mine, too. Mine is older than yours and he has gotten worse over time. The meds have to be increased as they become less effective and then you have to switch to others. I'd try anything natural with good evidence.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine, too. Mine is older than yours and he has gotten worse over time. The meds have to be increased as they become less effective and then you have to switch to others. I'd try anything natural with good evidence.

Completely agree.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was shown these two articles today about CBD:

https://echoconnection.org/clinical-endocannabinoid-deficiency/

https://echoconnection.org/washington-state-university-studies-cbd-mental-health/

My family member is reducing his meds (anxiety, depression, mood stabilizer) and taking CBD oil with almost no THC (legal level). It is helping him tremendously. He stressed the importance of full spectrum oil, and he is using the higher potency formula from Lazurus Naturals at this time.

@whitewave I am going to send you some extra info.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was shown these two articles today about CBD:

https://echoconnection.org/clinical-endocannabinoid-deficiency/

https://echoconnection.org/washington-state-university-studies-cbd-mental-health/

My family member is reducing his meds (anxiety, depression, mood stabilizer) and taking CBD oil with almost no THC (legal level). It is helping him tremendously. He stressed the importance of full spectrum oil, and he is using the higher potency formula from Lazurus Naturals at this time.

@whitewave I am going to send you some extra info.

Thanks

FreeYourMind83

Rough_Rock
As for CBD oils, if we return to the topic. I used one from kushberry and it helped me to overcome some pains.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This last week I tried GSC (girl scout cookies) which is in place of Grand daddy purple and forewent imitrix and butalbital (which is like a sledge hammer but I need something when I travel). Oh man, SOOOOO much better. It really does send me right to a pain free sleep and I'm not waiting for hours for it to work. tops is 10/15 minutes from a vape. I get colder than I normally would be (easily fixed with a light blanket), but I don't feel like I'm drugged if I happen to get up in the middle of the night (bb has me stumbling all over the place) Though its strong even at the smallest dose its kinda like a blanket being pulled over you, you ease into being pain free. I have yet to need more than a single dose.

Best part is, I feel refreshed and ready to handle my day in the morning...No cotton mouth, no residual headaches upon waking. I don't need it every single night but man its so good to have it when I do!!:appl:

GSC is a hybrid and I apparently do well with them. I never want to be without this stuff.

I've got an appt to pick up a high CBD oil for the dispensary. Basically THC in this oil is .8%; still not at hemp only levels but I think good enough for what I need it for. I still struggle with daytime migraines so I'm hoping this will make blue dream work better without the drugged up feeling.

BB will not get filled again, but what I have left will only be a travel med at this point considering I can't take the other with me (kinda dumb but yea) Imitrix will not be refilled anymore. Its really not working anymore, and with the injectable you got one time to get it to work. I hate injecting anyway. The doc wants to try more triptan type meds though as backup.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GSC is serious stuff!! :whistle:

I just placed an order with Lazarus naturals for a high potency sample pack.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
This last week I tried GSC (girl scout cookies) which is in place of Grand daddy purple and forewent imitrix and butalbital (which is like a sledge hammer but I need something when I travel). Oh man, SOOOOO much better. It really does send me right to a pain free sleep and I'm not waiting for hours for it to work. tops is 10/15 minutes from a vape. I get colder than I normally would be (easily fixed with a light blanket), but I don't feel like I'm drugged if I happen to get up in the middle of the night (bb has me stumbling all over the place) Though its strong even at the smallest dose its kinda like a blanket being pulled over you, you ease into being pain free. I have yet to need more than a single dose.

Best part is, I feel refreshed and ready to handle my day in the morning...No cotton mouth, no residual headaches upon waking. I don't need it every single night but man its so good to have it when I do!!:appl:

GSC is a hybrid and I apparently do well with them. I never want to be without this stuff.

I've got an appt to pick up a high CBD oil for the dispensary. Basically THC in this oil is .8%; still not at hemp only levels but I think good enough for what I need it for. I still struggle with daytime migraines so I'm hoping this will make blue dream work better without the drugged up feeling.

BB will not get filled again, but what I have left will only be a travel med at this point considering I can't take the other with me (kinda dumb but yea) Imitrix will not be refilled anymore. Its really not working anymore, and with the injectable you got one time to get it to work. I hate injecting anyway. The doc wants to try more triptan type meds though as backup.

I'm glad you found one that works for you. :) Keep checking different hybrids, as it's said you shouldn't use the same strain all the time because your body gets used to how it makes you feel. Try and find at least a couple more that you like and switch them up. Jilly Bean is a nice hybrid and so is Lemon OG Kush although that one is fast acting but rather short in duration.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
As for CBD oils, if we return to the topic. I used one from kushberry and it helped me to overcome some pains.

That might be a good one for her as well. Although it's classified as an Indica, with it's parent strains it shouldn't make her too sleepy or groggy. (Off topic, but do I know you from a political forums? Same avatar, so I'm curious :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you found one that works for you. :) Keep checking different hybrids, as it's said you shouldn't use the same strain all the time because your body gets used to how it makes you feel. Try and find at least a couple more that you like and switch them up. Jilly Bean is a nice hybrid and so is Lemon OG Kush although that one is fast acting but rather short in duration.

Really? did not know that! GSC is really the best night time stuff in the world to me. I'm going to have a hard time finding something similar (but we shall see!) I go to Miami at the end of the month, so I'll see what trulieve has (I think they might have both of these)

In terms of CBD, I got Zeltor (Ringo's Gift) Super low on the THC Scale (0.131% per 600mg, so less than .8% per dose). My doc wrote for oral route, no vaping (I'm ok with that) because he said the CBD's are best not smoked. Tastes like grass clippings. I do feel relaxed and there's absolutely NO HIGH with this.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not up on the hybrids too much, as I prefer indicas (or a least highly indica dominant) for sleeping, but I do like those I've mentioned. Maybe Gorilla Glue? Grape Krush is a nice happy high, as is Tahoe OG if you can find either of those.

Now the CBD I really don't know much about. (Not a lot about oils and other concentrates either - just flower.) Just that I've gotten some drops and found them relaxing. :) I'm learning more about CBD from you.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I recently signed up with a CBD Hemp products company to sell their products after trying the full spectrum drops. I take them in the morning under my tongue. Within a few minutes I feel so much better. My tremors are still!! This is the biggest reason I started, secondary is my anxiety. Since returning to work my anxiety is bad everyday. I couldn’t deal with that feeling every single day. I tried my prescribed anti-anxiety meds one day at work and it only lasted a few hours.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son has a non essential tremor, so I wonder if the oil will help with that too?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son has a non essential tremor, so I wonder if the oil will help with that too?
Although CBD can be helpful for certain issues, there is no way to tell until your son tries it. I feel really doubtful that it will help for panic attacks in the moment, but maybe as a preventative, it will be very good. What I am saying is...as a substitute for Xanax, no way. To prevent the need for Xanax in the first place.....maybe...maybe?

For me....
My anxiety is constantly running. I have a sick feeling in my stomach at all times and a rock tight feeling in my chest. My mind races every second of the day.

Because I have the complex ptsd component added, the thoughts are most certainly centered on my loved ones dying or being ripped from me in some awful way.

The anxiety is fuel. It is electric. I use it to function.

I have panic attacks in my sleep where i feel like someone is trying to suffocate me. The panic attacks i’ve Had in waking hours, i’ve Actually passed out.

When i use CBD, it makes me sleepy and then i go to sleep. That’s it. I wonder if it takes the anxiety from my body and I have nothing left...so then, i sort of pass out from exhaustion.

This is me being honest.

I don’t think it is strong enough to help in the middle of a panic attack. This isn’t a cure all.

Nothing is. There will always be anxiety. Making it manageable needs to be to goal.

I’m sorry.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although CBD can be helpful for certain issues, there is no way to tell until your son tries it. I feel really doubtful that it will help for panic attacks in the moment, but maybe as a preventative, it will be very good. What I am saying is...as a substitute for Xanax, no way. To prevent the need for Xanax in the first place.....maybe...maybe?

For me....
My anxiety is constantly running. I have a sick feeling in my stomach at all times and a rock tight feeling in my chest. My mind races every second of the day.

Because I have the complex ptsd component added, the thoughts are most certainly centered on my loved ones dying or being ripped from me in some awful way.

The anxiety is fuel. It is electric. I use it to function.

I have panic attacks in my sleep where i feel like someone is trying to suffocate me. The panic attacks i’ve Had in waking hours, i’ve Actually passed out.

When i use CBD, it makes me sleepy and then i go to sleep. That’s it. I wonder if it takes the anxiety from my body and I have nothing left...so then, i sort of pass out from exhaustion.

This is me being honest.

I don’t think it is strong enough to help in the middle of a panic attack. This isn’t a cure all.

Nothing is. There will always be anxiety. Making it manageable needs to be to goal.

I’m sorry.

Ok, thanks for sharing. That was interesting to read. You are right— we will have to see how it works for him.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
C19828BC-9335-4DF4-BD6A-8C042DA2C71B.jpeg Lazarus oil hasn’t shipped yet, so since I am in New Orleans, I Went to Herb imports and bought their brand.

My son and I are going to both try it to see.. me for sleep and him for sleep and anxiety...

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sour Diesel, Mazar, and Platinum OG have worked wonders for my anxiety, paired with Charlotte's Web oil. I even have both my parents indulging now! :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find this thread really interesting. I have well-controlled OCD (with effexor), but have lots of trouble sleeping and still have symptoms of complex PTSD. Was able to get a prescription (prior to MJ being legal for recreational use in CA), and tried a high CBD/low THC vape. The place promised up and down that I wouldn't feel any kind of *high*, but would just feel body-relaxed. Sadly that wasn't true for me. I got a strange heady-feeling, and my mouth felt leaden..which obviously isn't a huge deal. The problem came the next day when I was depressed and wracked with guilt (feeling as though I didn't deserve to be alive, etc). Not active suicidal thoughts per say, but obviously since I knew the issue it was easier to ignore/distract.

But I've also had horrible reactions to MJ in the past.....went to the ER after having edibles in college, hallucinated and panicked from smoking, etc. But was hopeful about CBD working for me since I dislike most of the sleep medication options.

But I'm really happy to read this thread and see that it works for so many people. That is awesome. I'm thrilled CA legalized and I hope it helps people with pain/seep/other issues. I'm especially hopeful for it helping people with pain and reducing the need for so many opioid prescriptions.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sister is here from California and she tried the oil too because she was having trouble sleeping.

So far, three of us have tried one dropper at night and 3 of us have had terrific deep sleeps!

Coincidence? Placebo? I’ll keep using it and will let you know.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Sour Diesel, Mazar, and Platinum OG have worked wonders for my anxiety, paired with Charlotte's Web oil. I even have both my parents indulging now! :lol:

I've never tried Mazar, except for it's part in the LSD strain, but I'm thinking I'd like it. :)

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
My sister is here from California and she tried the oil too because she was having trouble sleeping.

So far, three of us have tried one dropper at night and 3 of us have had terrific deep sleeps!

That's great, and if you take it even semi regularly, it seems to have an effect on anxiety even on days you might miss.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's great! Good to hear it works for you guys. Ugh, I wish I could sleep well. I have only slept through the night ONCE in my entire life (at least since memories began). Not ever before that or since. It's my "normal", but almost certainly is the reason I need more sleep than other people and why I nap on the weekends whenever I can.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Probably real. I sleep like the dead when I take it too. It’s a beautiful, true, deep sleep.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have read this thread with interest, as I have a son that could possibly benefit. However, after mentioning it to him, he said he is afraid to try it for fear it could cause him to fail a job drug test. (he is trying to get a job) I have just started researching all this and if that is possible, but I wanted to ask if anyone has been a user of this and has passed (or failed) a drug test? I was SO hopeful of him trying this until he said that. I need to really find out if this is possible. I have read it is not with oil that comes from industrial hemp, which is what the company I was considering using uses, but I need some reassurance I guess...

Anyway, I truly appreciate you all openly sharing your experiences. It's a great thing to see people helping one another. :)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have read this thread with interest, as I have a son that could possibly benefit. However, after mentioning it to him, he said he is afraid to try it for fear it could cause him to fail a job drug test. (he is trying to get a job) I have just started researching all this and if that is possible, but I wanted to ask if anyone has been a user of this and has passed (or failed) a drug test? I was SO hopeful of him trying this until he said that. I need to really find out if this is possible. I have read it is not with oil that comes from industrial hemp, which is what the company I was considering using uses, but I need some reassurance I guess...

Anyway, I truly appreciate you all openly sharing your experiences. It's a great thing to see people helping one another. :)

You can buy THC test strips on eBay and test his urine, or yours or whoever wants to try it to see if THC shows up. They are cheap; I thought about getting some myself to test and see.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
whitewave, thanks. I didn't even know those existed. Do you think those are the same or equivalent to what a job test would be?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whitewave, thanks. I didn't even know those existed. Do you think those are the same or equivalent to what a job test would be?

I think likely it is and at any rate, tests for a certain level of THC, so a bit of google would likely give you an answer of what a job THC test tests for.

Btw, I have been reading lately that many companies are quietly dropping the thc test since so many people use now and they can’t get quality workers (or workers at all) if they include THC. YMMV

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My best friend is in the Army. She was just told not to use CBD products because she will pop hot on a drug test.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results