shape
carat
color
clarity

CBD oil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suffer from Reynauds syndrome and it was suggested by a friend that I try CBD oil. My hands get so cold they hurt and change color and I'm willing to try nearly anything to help. I've only been taking it for a few days so I don't know if it will work yet. But - I'm having sad and troubling dreams since I started to take it. Anyone else have that experience and if so, does it get better? I'm taking oil without THC. If the dreams don't cease, I'll return the oil (I bought it from a place with a 60 day return policy of it doesn't work). I don't suffer from anxiety and don't have chronic pain so I'm really trying it on!y for reynauds.

I don't take CBD oil but my dh applies it to his hands and knees when necessary and it does help decrease the pain and he does not experience dreams as a side effect. However I am chiming in here because I wanted to add that there are meds for Raynauds that you might want to explore. Calcium channel blockers are one type of med that can help Raynauds. They are vasodilators and the first choice generally for treatment of Raynauds if one has to go to meds. There are other treatments available as well that can help if Calcium Channel blockers don't.

Also just in case you haven't tried it yet B3 (Niacin) acts as a vasodilator and can help with mild Raynauds symptoms.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello eapj,

My wife has had Reynauds for years (can't even walk through the freezer section of the grocery store) and found a combination of essential oils that worked wonders for her. You might google that? It is a terrible condition!

OH, and for everyone - there are now news stories about people being arrested for having CBD oil in some states :-o

Thanks for this suggestion, @Diamond_Hawk. I’ve just dipped my toe into essential oils for general wellness and will ask the usage group I’m in about some options for Reynauds. And I’m so glad that your wife has found some relief!
Frankly, I’d rather use essential oils that aren’t CBD if possible, partially from your last line, and walk ally I’d i can get relief from something else.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't take CBD oil but my dh applies it to his hands and knees when necessary and it does help decrease the pain and he does not experience dreams as a side effect. However I am chiming in here because I wanted to add that there are meds for Raynauds that you might want to explore. Calcium channel blockers are one type of med that can help Raynauds. They are vasodilators and the first choice generally for treatment of Raynauds if one has to go to meds. There are other treatments available as well that can help if Calcium Channel blockers don't.

Also just in case you haven't tried it yet B3 (Niacin) acts as a vasodilator and can help with mild Raynauds symptoms.

Thank you, @missy! I really appreciate the info. My doc hasn’t even mentioned meds so this gives me something to talk to her about. I’ll start with B3 to see if that has any impact. My Reynauds has gotten really bad in the last year so I’m for anything.

I also have hypothyroidism and the more I read about CDB oil, the more I think I need to stay away from it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @missy! I really appreciate the info. My doc hasn’t even mentioned meds so this gives me something to talk to her about. I’ll start with B3 to see if that has any impact. My Reynauds has gotten really bad in the last year so I’m for anything.

I also have hypothyroidism and the more I read about CDB oil, the more I think I need to stay away from it.

Hi @eapj, yes definitely try B3 and if that isn't helpful enough ask your doctor about Calcium Channel blockers. My derm wanted to put me on them due to my sometimes severe Raynauds but for now I am just keeping my hands warm and avoiding temperature changes to the extreme and it seems to be helping.

I am interested in finding out why one should avoid CBD oil if one has hypothyroidism. I don't use it but if I needed to in the future I was open to it. I have hypothyroidism too so am interested in hearing about the contraindications. Thanks.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am interested in finding out why one should avoid CBD oil if one has hypothyroidism. I don't use it but if I needed to in the future I was open to it. I have hypothyroidism too so am interested in hearing about the contraindications. Thanks.

From reading online, it seems that CBD oil can hurt or help thyroid function, thus requiring medicine adjustment. It took me a while to get the right dosage so I’m in not interested in going through that again right now. So I don’t think that it shouldn’t be used orally but should definitely be done under doctor care.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From reading online, it seems that CBD oil can hurt or help thyroid function, thus requiring medicine adjustment. It took me a while to get the right dosage so I’m in not interested in going through that again right now. So I don’t think that it shouldn’t be used orally but should definitely be done under doctor care.

Thanks @eapj. Hope you find relief soon. Please let me know how you are doing and if the B3 helped at all. I will do some reading re CBD oil and thyroid issues. The body is such a complex balance.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently learned that I can’t take CBD oils at all because it interacts with my meds. If you are taking any meds that have a grapefruit warning, you can’t take CBD oils because CBD does the same thing grapefruit does to your meds. It increases serum levels.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently learned that I can’t take CBD oils at all because it interacts with my meds. If you are taking any meds that have a grapefruit warning, you can’t take CBD oils because CBD does the same thing grapefruit does to your meds. It increases serum levels.

Thanks @House Cat. Wow that sucks. :((
I wonder if you separate it far enough fom the med if it would be safe.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @House Cat. Wow that sucks. :((
I wonder if you separate it far enough fom the med if it would be safe.
I doubt it. The warning stated do not take if your meds have a grapefruit warning.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt it. The warning stated do not take if your meds have a grapefruit warning.

Thanks @House Cat. It's interesting because I am taking LDN and that has a warning as well re hypothyroidism. While taking it the warning states that one's thyroid med might need to be adjusted while taking LDN. So far it has not (to my knowledge) helped my thyroid so once I reach a year of being on LDN (I started sometime last Spring) if there is no change I will discontinue it and see what happens.

I guess the same can be done for CBD if one wants to try it. That is, take it under your physcian's supervision and be monitored to see if your thyroid meds (or whatever specific meds one is on) need to be adjusted.

One thing I have learned is individual reactions to meds are just that. Individual. And while there may be general rules applicable to most of the population you may or may not have that reaction/side effect etc.

However I have no future plans to try CBD at this time. My dh swears by the CBD oil he applies topically for relieving his knee pain.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know what LDN is but grapefruit’s effect on the body is so profound that the warning is on many, many medications. Here is a quote from Drugs.com on its action:

Grapefruit contains compounds known as furanocoumarins that block the CYP3A4 enzymes. When grapefruit juice is consumed, the enzyme's ability to break down the drug for elimination is decreased. Blood levels of the drug may rise, resulting in the risk for new or worsened side effects.Feb 13, 2018

For that reason, many ethical CBD distributors are now giving that same warning with their drug.

When I took CBD with Seroquel, for example, I became very tired and slept every time. I thought it was the effects of CBD. I now know it was CBD increasing the levels of Seroquel in my body and me becoming tired because of it. Seroquel is incredibly sedating. It also has the grapefruit warning. Luckily, I was only on a small dose of it, nothing near the maximum 1,000 mg dose.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know what LDN is but grapefruit’s effect on the body is so profound that the warning is on many, many medications. Here is a quote from Drugs.com on its action:

Grapefruit contains compounds known as furanocoumarins that block the CYP3A4 enzymes. When grapefruit juice is consumed, the enzyme's ability to break down the drug for elimination is decreased. Blood levels of the drug may rise, resulting in the risk for new or worsened side effects.Feb 13, 2018

For that reason, many ethical CBD distributors are now giving that same warning with their drug.

When I took CBD with Seroquel, for example, I became very tired and slept every time. I thought it was the effects of CBD. I now know it was CBD increasing the levels of Seroquel in my body and me becoming tired because of it. Seroquel is incredibly sedating. It also has the grapefruit warning. Luckily, I was only on a small dose of it, nothing near the maximum 1,000 mg dose.

Thank you @House Cat! Definitely sounds more serious than LDN and thyroid interactions. Appreciate the info.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Resurrecting this thread to add another possible health benefit.

I have had high triglycerides in every blood test I’ve had for 20 years.And they were pretty high - well outside of normal levels, although my HDL and LDL results were always well withing normal range.

Since I have been vaporizing weed usually 4 times a week, and taking CBD at 20mg per day on the days I don’t vaporize (I’ve only been doing the CBD for a few months), my latest blood test has my triglycerides well down in the normal range. (My LDL is up just slightly out of range, but I’m putting that down to eating more actual butter rather than the butter/canola oil mix I used to use. No other lifestyle changes, and in fact since my treadmill motor went out, I’m getting a good deal less exercise than I did a few years ago.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH just bought some locally sourced CBD oil for back pain.
He just started taking it and we are hopeful it will help.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH just bought some locally sourced CBD oil for back pain.
He just started taking it and we are hopeful it will help.

I hope it helps him Stracci. Let us know how it goes.
My dh is applying CBD cream to his thumbs and knees and often it does help though not all the time. I know CBD products vary greatly though and it can be challenging figuring out which product is best for one's needs.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it helps him Stracci. Let us know how it goes.
My dh is applying CBD cream to his thumbs and knees and often it does help though not all the time. I know CBD products vary greatly though and it can be challenging figuring out which product is best for one's needs.
Thanks, Missy.
He has been in pain for years, due to a back/knee injury when he was 18, and sciatica. Needless to say, he has tried everything up to this point.
I will report back if it helps!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone used for Depression/Anxiety? My daughter is 21 and suffers and she will go off her medicine because she doesn't like how it makes her feel, (out of it, tired, no sex drive, etc.) then we have to start all over when it gets bad enough. She has tried, various ADD med in high school which each had negative effects. She is now on Prozac, which I made her start taking again. Her depression/anxiety is getting to her because she is getting ready to transfer to a college an hour and a half away and is scared she wont be able to control her depression. I have a few questions.

Does CBD oil show up in a drug test, is it ok or considered bad if it does?
Those of you who take anti-depressants do you take in the morning or evening (which is better for you)? I know everyone is different.
Physchiatrists here just ask you how your doing and if you need a refill, I wish we could find a better one, we have tried.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone used for Depression/Anxiety? My daughter is 21 and suffers and she will go off her medicine because she doesn't like how it makes her feel, (out of it, tired, no sex drive, etc.) then we have to start all over when it gets bad enough. She has tried, various ADD med in high school which each had negative effects. She is now on Prozac, which I made her start taking again. Her depression/anxiety is getting to her because she is getting ready to transfer to a college an hour and a half away and is scared she wont be able to control her depression. I have a few questions.

Does CBD oil show up in a drug test, is it ok or considered bad if it does?
Those of you who take anti-depressants do you take in the morning or evening (which is better for you)? I know everyone is different.
Physchiatrists here just ask you how your doing and if you need a refill, I wish we could find a better one, we have tried.
CBD does show up in a drug test. My best friend is in the military and was told not to use CBD because it will show up in her tests.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat, thanks for letting me know as she has to have a drug test for her classes she is taking for Dental Hygiene

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello eapj,

My wife has had Reynauds for years (can't even walk through the freezer section of the grocery store) and found a combination of essential oils that worked wonders for her. You might google that? It is a terrible condition!

OH, and for everyone - there are now news stories about people being arrested for having CBD oil in some states :-o

Yes CBD.... You do have to be careful. Of course I don't take ANY with me if traveling by plane. I rely on traditional medicine when I travel, but also depending on WHERE I go, I might be able to get enough of a supply to see me through. Sad that there's no reciprocity of the MM cards which some states not caring if you have one legally or not in another. (its a mess)

Even living in Florida I suffer with Reynauds, but its not as bad as it was when I lived in the NE. still though, if my hands get cold, I know I better take care of business. So, fingerless gloves are a must for me. I could be wearing shorts and flipflops but still have my gloves on :lol: Sometimes you do what you must!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I did try it for anxiety. Didn’t really help a whole lot for me but what doesn’t work for me may work for your daughter autumngems. I had some chill moments but was forgetful and making errors at work. It’s a pretty individual thing tho so my advice is to give it a try. Start low and slow and build very very gradually, as in stay at a drop level for several days or more before increasing dosage. It takes a while for dosages to bc effective. Just my 2 cents.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning fyi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results