shape
carat
color
clarity

CBD oil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! I hope you are better VERY soon! And yes, thankfully oil or paste is much less risky for you!

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sounds like an awful experience. How scary when you can't breathe! I've been following this thread because I've been interested in CBD for myself for severe anxiety issues and various other health problems. I tried the Lucky's market brand, but it didn't really seem to do anything. Not sure if it's just not a very potent blend or if it's just not for me. I may try the Charlotte's Web version and see if it makes any difference. Also interested in the creams for my back pain as the oral meds are making me nauseous. I hope you find relief all around very soon!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought some mascara with cbd oil in it- supposed to be very clump free

Will report back if anyone cares lol

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm in process to get my card from the state. I'm told it could take a while as they don't make the process very easy.

I had a very odd issue and ended up in ER last evening. It started as an asthma attack, probably one of the handful of times I could not breathe even after using rescue inhaler, but I had also been having issues beause of allergies (its been a rough spring), since about March and sometimes I'd suddently wake up gasping for air. I laid it all back to stress and me working a lot of hours, so on. But yesterday I guess tipped the bucket.

So when I got there of course check for heart attack and stroke given my age, then chest xray then some blood tests. They gave me some steriods in a drip because I was so out of breath and constricted I was whispering (all, don't drive if you're that bad. I did but don't do it)

The D Dimer was quite high so that meant cat scan of the chest. this is how they found the not so little clots in there. Maybe from coughing, other reasons, maybe pollen in there? Not sure, but otherwise, my blood tests where unremarkable except that.

BTW I was let go by about 8am today after treatment.. well over 14 hours in ER :shock:. They asked if I wanted to stay longer, I said hell no:lol:ER's are noisy and disgusting ass places, and I saw and heard more than I wanted to.

Can only say its good that I telework from home. So for now, watch, wait, take prednisone because the lungs are pretty inflammed, see my GP asap. (Monday was the soonest)

And of course I have a hell of a headache, I'm managing that ok for now. But, I can tell you that vaping will be something off the table and will stick to other methods.

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry you went through all of that! Your poor lungs! Do you have a nebulizer at home? You sound severe enough that you should, although my son’s doctor felt that every asthmatic should have one at home. They are lifesavers in times of crisis for my boys. They can inhale steroids and albuterol through it.

I have been told that MM relaxes airways. That always made me laugh but of course there are other ways to ingest it other than smoking/vaping.

I hope you feel better soon and I hope that headache goes away too.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 CNN will rebroadcast a special on marijuana tomorrow evening at 11:00 PM ET. The special is hosted by Dr. Sanjay Gupta and titled “Weed 4 - Pot vs Pills”. There is a lot of focus on how pot helps opioid addiction but also focuses on how it helps those with depression, anxiety and pain. Dr Gupta’s also feels that marijuana needs to be legalized for medicinal purposes. I thought you might be interested in seeing this.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you please keep me posted? If this actually halts the entire event, I might be willing to try it. I believe the migraine symptoms complicate my mental illness symptoms.

If needles are a big deal, Botox isn’t for you for sure. They don’t bother me and I still get a bit worn out by the procedure.

Good luck at the mm doc!

@House Cat I finally got my MM card and scripts. It took the longest to get the darn card though!

So here's what I started with :

Blue Dream (Baldor)for daytime. Its a sativa so its supposed to be energizing but calming. This is in a vape. I don't like the vape (coughed horribly the first time) But hard to beat the delivery system. I would love to see this in a nasal spray frankly.

Grand Daddy Purple (Polaris) tincture for night time. Its suppose to be extremely relaxing and very potent.

The Dispensiary has their own house hybrid mix of a 1:1 thc and cbd in a oil based tincture and as a vape. T

Let me state that its all aweful tasting stuff...lol But they steadfastly do NOT add flavorings, and my DR requested non cut for me. (There's another dispesiary that has much more but they add flavorings)

So I've come to the conclusion that I really don't handle the high THC stuff at bedtime so well! Grandaddy Purple, does do the trick initially, but the issue comes in about 3-4 hours after taking it. A few times I took it at bedtime and I woke up in the most heinous head pain ever. I take 5mg dose and tried it maybe 4 times to be sure its whats causing the issue. Yep it is!

After some reading I either need to add some CBD to the mix as GDP is all THC, or try another strain completely. I go back tomorrow to get Harlequin which is much higher CBD.

So in all this, I believe that its going to be dose dependent. I didn't now I would be so THC sensitive, so its something to watch for if you go this route.

this is where I went
https://knoxmedical.com/ (and it really does look like this...lol)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CBD Oil has SO many benefits! Definitely use that, too, and not just THC! I really hope you can find what you really need! @Arcadian

I found about another CBD oil (which may not matter to those who have the medical cards) that is less expensive that CW, and was told it is a good one. I still haven't started it myself, but I need to do so.

https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CBD Oil has SO many benefits! Definitely use that, too, and not just THC! I really hope you can find what you really need! @Arcadian

I found about another CBD oil (which may not matter to those who have the medical cards) that is less expensive that CW, and was told it is a good one. I still haven't started it myself, but I need to do so.

https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/

I was looking up Charlottes Web and my goodness its really expensive! Knox has a few very low THC products. Remedy is from what I'm reading, about 0.8% THC, so not quite as low as CW (I belive its less then .3%?) I think I still need to have SOME THC at night, but I also think under 1% would be ideal for me. and I think that to be qualified as a hemp product it has to be under .5 or .3 or something. I'll def. take a look at lazarusnaturals.

At some point at the end of this month I'll be in Miami, so will go by Trulieve. I hate that so many of their products have flavorings though :(

I think this is an excellent video about someone who also tried MM for pain. Her outcome was actually very interesting. I don't think a MM card is even needed in California anymore so the video is a little old...lol

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
@House Cat I finally got my MM card and scripts. It took the longest to get the darn card though!

Blue Dream (Baldor)for daytime. Its a sativa so its supposed to be energizing but calming. This is in a vape. I don't like the vape (coughed horribly the first time) But hard to beat the delivery system. I would love to see this in a nasal spray frankly.

Grand Daddy Purple (Polaris) tincture for night time. Its suppose to be extremely relaxing and very potent.

The Dispensiary has their own house hybrid mix of a 1:1 thc and cbd in a oil based tincture and as a vape. T

Let me state that its all aweful tasting stuff...lol But they steadfastly do NOT add flavorings, and my DR requested non cut for me. (There's another dispesiary that has much more but they add flavorings)

So I've come to the conclusion that I really don't handle the high THC stuff at bedtime so well! Grandaddy Purple, does do the trick initially, but the issue comes in about 3-4 hours after taking it. A few times I took it at bedtime and I woke up in the most heinous head pain ever. I take 5mg dose and tried it maybe 4 times to be sure its whats causing the issue. Yep it is!

After some reading I either need to add some CBD to the mix as GDP is all THC, or try another strain completely. I go back tomorrow to get Harlequin which is much higher CBD.

So in all this, I believe that its going to be dose dependent. I didn't now I would be so THC sensitive, so its something to watch for if you go this route.

this is where I went

I don't know anything about the dispensaries in Fl., but it looks like the Knox one doesn't give too many choices. You're limited to oils in FL? Also, when looking for good sleep strains, do a search for strains high in myrcene and linalool (terpenes). Both kind of act as sedatives. One of my two favorites is pretty high in myrcene and it almost always puts me out for the entire night. Allbud dot com is fairly good at showing CBD (and CBN, which also helps with sleep) and THC. Not saying they're 100% right, but they do try to break it down.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know anything about the dispensaries in Fl., but it looks like the Knox one doesn't give too many choices. You're limited to oils in FL? Also, when looking for good sleep strains, do a search for strains high in myrcene and linalool (terpenes). Both kind of act as sedatives. One of my two favorites is pretty high in myrcene and it almost always puts me out for the entire night. Allbud dot com is fairly good at showing CBD (and CBN, which also helps with sleep) and THC. Not saying they're 100% right, but they do try to break it down.

You can vape, take orally (capsuls, food) Nasal sprays and creams or suppositories. But no smoking it (yet). The dispensaries are nice its like a very high end Dr's offices. At knox, they allow 4 people at a time from the waiting room to the back, and its again, very nice. very professional, they don't make you feel like a pot head or a stoner. All cash or debit card (no check, no CC).

There's 7 dispensing companies in FL, Knox happens to have an office closest to me.

Truliev https://www.trulieve.com/shop is in Miami and they're the other major player. I'll get down there at the end of this month. Prior to getting my card I visited them in Vero Beach which is a smaller office, (so either 60 miles north or, 75 miles south ) Knox is 14 miles. I believe that Trulieve has more strains but Knox harvests out of winterhaven and they don't use flavorings which I like (I can be sensitive to that type of thing)

And both have delivery service all over Florida. I can just use that if I wanted (Knox's is free over 250 dollars, Trulieve is 25 dollars I think) But I'm kinda stupid with this type of thing, so going in and talking to the staff helps a lot.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will tell you that my family member is getting some results from the Lazarus oil, and yes, it has to be under .3% to be legal in states that do not have MM. Because we have cannbinoid receptors in our brains (and other parts of the body), I think the CBD is definitely needed even if the THC is needed for something else. I'll have to update later as he has just been using it a few days, but so far so good!

They have a pretty good info page.

https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/cbd-info/#top

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
You can vape, take orally (capsuls, food) Nasal sprays and creams or suppositories. But no smoking it (yet). The dispensaries are nice its like a very high end Dr's offices. At knox, they allow 4 people at a time from the waiting room to the back, and its again, very nice. very professional, they don't make you feel like a pot head or a stoner. All cash or debit card (no check, no CC).

There's 7 dispensing companies in FL, Knox happens to have an office closest to me.

Truliev https://www.trulieve.com/shop is in Miami and they're the other major player. I'll get down there at the end of this month. Prior to getting my card I visited them in Vero Beach which is a smaller office, (so either 60 miles north or, 75 miles south ) Knox is 14 miles. I believe that Trulieve has more strains but Knox harvests out of winterhaven and they don't use flavorings which I like (I can be sensitive to that type of thing)

And both have delivery service all over Florida. I can just use that if I wanted (Knox's is free over 250 dollars, Trulieve is 25 dollars I think) But I'm kinda stupid with this type of thing, so going in and talking to the staff helps a lot.

Oh yeah, Knox looks nice inside. Most here (CO) are somewhat like that. The one I've signed up with is in a little 'sketchier' part of town, but they consistently have hash plant, which I don't ever want to be without. Look up Ajoya (in Louisville CO) sometime. I love the way it looks inside.

I do like the website for trulieve. When you click on the 'more information' then you can click on the little strain cards which takes you to Leafy for more info. Just in case you hadn't done that lol. The indica vaporizer cup will take you to allbud.

They tried to pass delivery here, but didn't for some unknown reason.

And don't ever feel stupid about it - you're just inexperienced. If you can find it, hash plant is the one that puts me out all night. Northern lights lulls me to sleep gently. G13 has higher THC but also a decent amount of CBD. The effects should be the same with the oils, you'd think, but then again a lot depends on the terpenes and whether they are still in the oil. I really have no idea on that as I have no experience with the oils.

I do hope you find what helps you!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to try some CBD oil with my son for his high anxiety. How do I know where to start with this? What type, potency etc?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to try some CBD oil with my son for his high anxiety. How do I know where to start with this? What type, potency etc?
In california, I went to a natural foods place and got advice and the oil. If your laws allow it, I would always recommend finding a person to talk to. CBD without THC should be available everywhere but i have no idea how it works in different states.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

this is where I went
Thank you for this info. Do you feel high when you use these strains? Are you able to function?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In california, I went to a natural foods place and got advice and the oil. If your laws allow it, I would always recommend finding a person to talk to. CBD without THC should be available everywhere but i have no idea how it works in different states.

Yes, I will have to look around and see. I’m not sure what is going on with my state other than I see advertisements for CBD oil lately.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Look for hemp that's grown in the US, extracted with CO2, and that is full spectrum. I've been seeing a lot of ads for elixinol (sp?) lately. Not all grown in the US, but none from China at least. As for how much to give your son, if he's very young I'd start with maybe 1/4 of the adult dose. Older, maybe half. You can't overdose and he won't get high but too much may make him lethargic for a bit.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look for hemp that's grown in the US, extracted with CO2, and that is full spectrum. I've been seeing a lot of ads for elixinol (sp?) lately. Not all grown in the US, but none from China at least. As for how much to give your son, if he's very young I'd start with maybe 1/4 of the adult dose. Older, maybe half. You can't overdose and he won't get high but too much may make him lethargic for a bit.

Thanks. I was looking at the Lazarus website and I didn’t know what I was looking at.

My son is an young adult. We have discussed this and he is open to try. we don’t know how to proceed.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for this info. Do you feel high when you use these strains? Are you able to function?
Grand daddy purple is a no no no. I took it and went to bed. I def. got high because I woke up and could barely make it to the bathroom...so it wasn't a fun high. in the early morning hours, I felt like I got hit multiple times by a hammer. I apparently am sensitive to THC in the evenings, and the pain I woke up with was truly aweful. So, this is not for me.

I've purchased a CBD dominate strain to see if it will help the nasty effects I've had with it, that may not work. Thankfully I have a friend that has no problems with this one so it won't go to waste at least.

Blue Dream I can function on, but it takes a bit to learn what your dose is. I have this as a vape (I don't really like the vape)

I felt better than normal if that makes any sense. I didn't feel "high", I felt energized but calm, with no anxiety. I still felt pain for about 30 minutes into this....but my goodness the pain reduction was great. I could feel my muscles relax and I could physically feel the pain melt from the top of my head through my body and out of my feet. I stayed pain free for about 3 hours before it came back, but when it did it was tolerable. No weird gaps in memory, and no munchies (I drank lots of water before and after). I can do semi complex work but to fully function at work on this, I need to add some CBD to this one for sure.

I did well on the 1:1 (cbd:thc) house blend. Pain wise its probably the one with the longest lasting effects especially in oil form. They said its for daytime and I just don't see it. I mean sure I was awake, but last time I used it I watched TV....which I never do. And I got engrossed in Curling on the Olympic Chanel. No Munchies. There have been reports of munchies in some people on this.

So I'm still in the discovery phase to find what works/dosen't work. But I have to be honest, I don't think I'll ever be totally pain free. I would like to be able to better manage the pain, and to be honest, the pharmaceuticals are so much worse than this.

At some point I want to also try the topicals.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. I was looking at the Lazarus website and I didn’t know what I was looking at.

My son is an young adult. We have discussed this and he is open to try. we don’t know how to proceed.

I'm guessing you're not in a state that has medical? With the CBD drops, you should be able to legally order them online. A young adult I would start off with the adult dosage. And it may take a few days or so for any effect, or it may be quicker. The ones from elixinol are way stronger than the ones I've tried - the ones I've used are only 100mg, so either option at elixinol (should you buy from them) should work very well.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Grand daddy purple is a no no no. I took it and went to bed. I def. got high because I woke up and could barely make it to the bathroom...so it wasn't a fun high. in the early morning hours, I felt like I got hit multiple times by a hammer. I apparently am sensitive to THC in the evenings, and the pain I woke up with was truly aweful. So, this is not for me.

I've purchased a CBD dominate strain to see if it will help the nasty effects I've had with it, that may not work. Thankfully I have a friend that has no problems with this one so it won't go to waste at least.

Blue Dream I can function on, but it takes a bit to learn what your dose is. I have this as a vape (I don't really like the vape)

I felt better than normal if that makes any sense. I didn't feel "high", I felt energized but calm, with no anxiety. I still felt pain for about 30 minutes into this....but my goodness the pain reduction was great. I could feel my muscles relax and I could physically feel the pain melt from the top of my head through my body and out of my feet. I stayed pain free for about 3 hours before it came back, but when it did it was tolerable. No weird gaps in memory, and no munchies (I drank lots of water before and after). I can do semi complex work but to fully function at work on this, I need to add some CBD to this one for sure.

I did well on the 1:1 (cbd:thc) house blend. Pain wise its probably the one with the longest lasting effects especially in oil form. They said its for daytime and I just don't see it. I mean sure I was awake, but last time I used it I watched TV....which I never do. And I got engrossed in Curling on the Olympic Chanel. No Munchies. There have been reports of munchies in some people on this.

So I'm still in the discovery phase to find what works/dosen't work. But I have to be honest, I don't think I'll ever be totally pain free. I would like to be able to better manage the pain, and to be honest, the pharmaceuticals are so much worse than this.

At some point I want to also try the topicals.

Lol, I do like Grand Daddy Purple, but no it's not good for functioning well. :) Blue Dream - everyone loves it but I don't really like it. I'm glad that you found it works (mostly) for you!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm guessing you're not in a state that has medical? With the CBD drops, you should be able to legally order them online. A young adult I would start off with the adult dosage. And it may take a few days or so for any effect, or it may be quicker. The ones from elixinol are way stronger than the ones I've tried - the ones I've used are only 100mg, so either option at elixinol (should you buy from them) should work very well.

We’ve had a little bit of movement toward expanding medical and there are growers now and 2 doctors in the state. Lol. (Not really LOL. Sad)

Anxiety is not listed as medical at the moment— wasting diseases, etc. the hard core heavy things only right now. (Louisiana)

It needs to be legalized and would solve the state’s financial issues, plus it would boom for tourists in New Orleans who probably smoke it anyway.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Anxiety isn't one of Colorado's qualifying conditions either, though it should be. The good thing about the CBD drops from hemp is that there is virtually no THC, and they're legal to sell across the country.

It absolutely needs to be legalized federally. I don't recall what the tax received from sales was last year, but it was a whole lot. =)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anxiety isn't one of Colorado's qualifying conditions either, though it should be. The good thing about the CBD drops from hemp is that there is virtually no THC, and they're legal to sell across the country.

It absolutely needs to be legalized federally. I don't recall what the tax received from sales was last year, but it was a whole lot. =)

Given how many legal drugs he is on to control this, it sure would be nice if a plant would cure it.

He lives on campus in a small rural college town, so there are many reason why I would choose this over cannabis, although as I mentioned, I think cannabis needs to be legalized fully nation wide. I can’t drink much, for instance. It causes my restless arms and legs to trigger.

Edited: I will try Whole Foods and herb in New Orleans tomorrow. I might find some luck at one of those.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Or maybe a vitamin cottage? I hope you find something that works.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Given how many legal drugs he is on to control this, it sure would be nice if a plant would cure it.

He lives on campus in a small rural college town, so there are many reason why I would choose this over cannabis, although as I mentioned, I think cannabis needs to be legalized fully nation wide. I can’t drink much, for instance. It causes my restless arms and legs to trigger.

Edited: I will try Whole Foods and herb in New Orleans tomorrow. I might find some luck at one of those.
Are the legal drugs managing his anxiety?

Is he in therapy? I have been told over and over that there is no effective long term drug treatment for anxiety. Drugs help to get a person through therapy.

Did you find the CBD? I’m not sure it works fantastically well for my anxiety but it definitely knocks me out and helps me to sleep. I take the classic version of this.
https://bluebirdbotanicals.com/products/
This company has discounts for veterans and disabled people, for those who are interested.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are the legal drugs managing his anxiety?

Is he in therapy? I have been told over and over that there is no effective long term drug treatment for anxiety. Drugs help to get a person through therapy.

Did you find the CBD? I’m not sure it works fantastically well for my anxiety but it definitely knocks me out and helps me to sleep. I take the classic version of this.
https://bluebirdbotanicals.com/products/
This company has discounts for veterans and disabled people, for those who are interested.

They work,but every now and again he will have an acute panic attack. That is what I am really thinking of here...a supplement instead of Xanax.

He has done CBT, yes, thanks for recommending therapy. It is getting better as he get older, with panic happening less and less frequently.

I am awaiting a ring delivery haha, so am stuck in the house today to sign for it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is complicated, but when I asked that question of Charlotte's Web, they said to contact Realm of Caring which is a non-profit that is somehow associated with them. They have dosage guidelines, but it looks like you have to register to access it. You could try calling them, though.

https://www.theroc.us/

But I found this on another site and they apparently got their information from Realm of Caring, and they give some dosage recommendations for anxiety using CW oils.

http://cbdgarden.biz/index.php/cannabiniod-dosing-guidelines/

Good article on CBD and anxiety (which my family member has plus panic attacks, also, and meds do not work!!!)

https://www.healthyhemp.com/the-end...ds-role-in-stress-anxiety-and-fear-responses/

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is complicated, but when I asked that question of Charlotte's Web, they said to contact Realm of Caring which is a non-profit that is somehow associated with them. They have dosage guidelines, but it looks like you have to register to access it. You could try calling them, though.

https://www.theroc.us/

But I found this on another site and they apparently got their information from Realm of Caring, and they give some dosage recommendations for anxiety using CW oils.

http://cbdgarden.biz/index.php/cannabiniod-dosing-guidelines/

Good article on CBD and anxiety (which my family member has plus panic attacks, also, and meds do not work!!!)

https://www.healthyhemp.com/the-end...ds-role-in-stress-anxiety-and-fear-responses/

Thank you so much!

My son is on two mood stabilizers, Zoloft plus a sleep aid to keep his under control. It’s so crazy— I mean it’s working, but he has to take a ridiculous amount of drugs to keep it suppressed and he still has break through attacks every now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results