shape
carat
color
clarity

CBD oil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Janeel

Rough_Rock
There are some instances that i believed that marijuana doesn't give us a good benefit but i am wrong about this. Because i just read an article https://www.greenmed.io/blog/declares-cbd-safe-medical-use/ saying that CBD can be a useful as a medicine. One of my friends told me about this because in his case he's been suffering from Sciatica for 4 months now. And he will start to use the CBD as a medicine to his sickness. I don't know if it will work. Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Begonia how are you feeling? Checking in to say I am thinking of you and hoping you are finding relief and comfort. (((Hugs))).

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some instances that i believed that marijuana doesn't give us a good benefit but i am wrong about this. Because i just read an article https://www.greenmed.io/blog/declares-cbd-safe-medical-use/ saying that CBD can be a useful as a medicine. One of my friends told me about this because in his case he's been suffering from Sciatica for 4 months now. And he will start to use the CBD as a medicine to his sickness. I don't know if it will work. Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Hi,

CBD and Marijuana are two different things. CBD is made from hemp, not marijuana.

CBD won’t cure his sciatica. It might help to relieve his pain. What will cure the sciatica is finding the cause and relieving that. Is he in physical therapy? Also acupuncture is amazing.

The only way to know if CBD oil is for you is to try it. Research dosing, start out small, and work your way up til you find your dose.

Or go to the health food store and consult with one of their experts.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't recall the exact amount he gave the dog. But he gave referrals to the company in CA that he ordered from. This is the FB group: peace, love & pit bulls

I think maybe it is a miracle drug, really. I have a family member who desperately needs it, but only the CBD oil with almost no THC is legal in my state and it is of some help. But after seeing this person suffer with panic attacks, anxiety, and depression WHILE taking regular meds for all of that for years, I have zero confidence in those drugs for long term use. I almost think the person is worse off with them, but it is impossible to get off!!! This person is trying to wait for medical to be legal here, but if not, I think they may have to go to CO to survive.

My dad died with Alzheimers so I am very interested in the research being done with CBD oil for Alzheimers and other medical and preventative uses. I do know of a child using the oil for seizures and it has made a big difference even with no THC. There is no excuse for medical use to not be legalized. BIG MONEY is blocking it!
DS,
Has your family member tried the cbd paste? I have been told by a few people that this is the form that works best for people with mental health issues. I guess you just stick a toothpick in it and put it under your tongue. The paste maintains more of the plant’s properties than the oil.

Have you had any luck finding a doctor who will help your family member wean from the two meds that were causing him problems?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live in a state where marijuana is legal. Dispensaries open this summer and it can't come fast enough. I'm so happy to be off the cocktail of Effexor and klonopin. CBD oil has absolutely helped the anxiety.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS,
Has your family member tried the cbd paste? I have been told by a few people that this is the form that works best for people with mental health issues. I guess you just stick a toothpick in it and put it under your tongue. The paste maintains more of the plant’s properties than the oil.

Have you had any luck finding a doctor who will help your family member wean from the two meds that were causing him problems?

He researches and knows how to wean down. But these drugs make you feel so bad that you literally can't do it without something else. I honestly think he knows more than the doctor about it, thankfully because the internet supplies most of the information anyone could need. Actually more information than the doctor because he can read the experience of others. The drugs are the ones @Elliot86 mentioned plus another. They are addictive and very hard to wean down off of. He has changed anti-depressants before. Once he tried weaning off Paxil and it is easy to find on the internet what hell that can be. But most of the time he started a new one as he weaned off the old one which continues the dependence on them but sometimes allowed effectiveness for another short time.

I have heard of the paste but only with THC. The oil is better than nothing, but I think he needs the paste with the THC, like for the rest of his life. Medical use needs to be legal and quickly.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He researches and knows how to wean down. But these drugs make you feel so bad that you literally can't do it without something else. I honestly think he knows more than the doctor about it, thankfully because the internet supplies most of the information anyone could need. Actually more information than the doctor because he can read the experience of others. The drugs are the ones @Elliot86 mentioned plus another. They are addictive and very hard to wean down off of. He has changed anti-depressants before. Once he tried weaning off Paxil and it is easy to find on the internet what hell that can be. But most of the time he started a new one as he weaned off the old one which continues the dependence on them but sometimes allowed effectiveness for another short time.

I have heard of the paste but only with THC. The oil is better than nothing, but I think he needs the paste with the THC, like for the rest of his life. Medical use needs to be legal and quickly.

https://www.cs4000.net/MyNutra/member/store/index.asp?sponsorid=861899&x=199&y=53 Here are a bunch of products, different strengths, etc..no THC. I have no idea what CBD would be like with THC, is it different from pot in some way?

I am having a lot of trouble with my meds too. My main culprit being seroquel. It is having a “pin me down” effect at night which is making me relive a trauma over and over again. I am having panic attacks in my sleep. It also lowers my emotional strength threshold...like drinking does. You know when a person drinks and then cries and cries all night? Well the sedation of this drug takes down my defenses and lets the demons out..

I did find a sort of holistic psychiatrist who is very good with weaning patients from their meds. She says the process is very slow and takes more than a year. She said withdrawal looks like psych symptoms (don’t we know it.). She believes in totally organic/no toxins, high quality probiotics, and very high quantities of fish oils so that you are taking in a gram of epa and DHA. I think CBDs were coming next. If you want her number to consult with her, I’d be happy to give it to you. Let’s put it this way, she felt my med cocktail of three meds was “a lot of meds.” I thought of you and your family member after meeting this doctor. It’s so rare that you meet a psychiatrist who is brave enough to make changes to someone’s meds.

I actually need someone who is in between a pill pusher and anti-pharma at this time. I haven’t found it yet, but I am going to keep searching.

The CBDs make me very tired...is that common?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.cs4000.net/MyNutra/member/store/index.asp?sponsorid=861899&x=199&y=53 Here are a bunch of products, different strengths, etc..no THC. I have no idea what CBD would be like with THC, is it different from pot in some way?

I am having a lot of trouble with my meds too. My main culprit being seroquel. It is having a “pin me down” effect at night which is making me relive a trauma over and over again. I am having panic attacks in my sleep. It also lowers my emotional strength threshold...like drinking does. You know when a person drinks and then cries and cries all night? Well the sedation of this drug takes down my defenses and lets the demons out..

I did find a sort of holistic psychiatrist who is very good with weaning patients from their meds. She says the process is very slow and takes more than a year. She said withdrawal looks like psych symptoms (don’t we know it.). She believes in totally organic/no toxins, high quality probiotics, and very high quantities of fish oils so that you are taking in a gram of epa and DHA. I think CBDs were coming next. If you want her number to consult with her, I’d be happy to give it to you. Let’s put it this way, she felt my med cocktail of three meds was “a lot of meds.” I thought of you and your family member after meeting this doctor. It’s so rare that you meet a psychiatrist who is brave enough to make changes to someone’s meds.

I actually need someone who is in between a pill pusher and anti-pharma at this time. I haven’t found it yet, but I am going to keep searching.

The CBDs make me very tired...is that common?

Oh, my gosh, that's his other main medication, too. He's tried to reduce that, but it greatly helps him sleep so it's not his primary target to get rid of. (This is not my husband, I want to make clear.) He takes fish oil and probiotics. I recently read about magnesium deficiency, too, and I bought that for him because he's taking vitamin D and both are needed. Many things contribute to depression and anxiety, so it's so important to get to root causes. But he has Asperger's and severe social anxiety, so we aren't going to cure him. But at this point, I don't see the meds helping. So why damage health by taking them?

I was always a trusting person on medical advice, and now I am a full-fledged skeptic who researches everything. Before this person was on meds, he drank to self-medicate. I was looking for any medicine to help him as a substitute. I follow some holistic people online (including a female psychiatrist in NY and have learned a LOT). There are many natural remedies that work for many conditions. When the opponents to natural remedies come along, they bash them due to not having enough scientific research, but that's because big-pharma doesn't fund those kinds of studies!!! But there has been natural healing for many centuries more than the modern pharmaceuticals have been around. I think many of our health problems are due to processed foods, GMO foods, deadly chemicals sprayed on the crops, and all the unnatural things in the meats we eat, as well as vitamin deficiencies. I think the notion for years that fats in the diet was bad is also a contributor to many health problems. So what "science" said at one point, was false. Sugar and white processed carbs are the bad things, and we see obesity and diabetes and all the associated healh problems at a high due to this kind of diet.

Sorry, I could almost write a book. It was like walking through a door and seeing a whole new world when I realized all this. Thankfully I can buy many organic foods and I am healthy, in general. My dad died of Alzheimer's, and he lived most of his adult life on a low fat diet, food cooked in aluminum pots and pans, and taking yearly flu shots, etc. with aluminum in them. I'm going to try and beat my hereditary odds by not doing any of those things that will likely increase my risks of getting Alzheimers. I know that's off topic of these meds, but again, we have to get down to root causes of things as opposed to putting bandaids on them, and I think most psych medications fall into the bandaid catergory because they cure nothing.

Housecat, you have my greatest empathy and I am very glad to hear you have found a holistic leaning psychiatrist (and yes, I'd like to know the name). I do not think CBD makes you tired, but if you perceive that it might, I'd maybe just take it at night. My perception is that the THC would relieve anxiety better than plain CBD hemp oil. I am just hoping that medical use is on the fast track to being approved, because I think it will save lives. There must be some provision in medical legal states for employees who are subject to drug tests at work to be exempt from passing the cannabis portion.

I really like the doctor here, but he is right totally traditional in regard to meds. He has told my family member that he will never be able to go off these meds. And honestly, I believe it is almost impossible. He has reduced klonopin down to a half mg a day, but he can't get below that. But he has read that some have been successful by dissolving that in a water bottle and drinking it throughout the day and gradually reducing that (like for a year or so, seriously, it takes that long after getting down to a half mg). He just hasn't gotten that far yet because he sometimes needs to take more and it can help him when his body is used to the very small amount.

Okay, I did write a book. Thanks if you have managed to read this whole thing! I surely hope you make great progress with the advice of this doctor. There are millions stuck in this trap. It's a huge crisis that isn't being talked about. Only the opioid crisis is really in the news now, and well it should be.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holistic psychiatrist I follow on FB:

Kelly Brogan MD - Holistic Psychiatrist

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to try CBD for migraines as the meds that I use (imitrex) is not working like it used to.

The last few months have been particularly brutal, I start with auras and then it goes into cluster with face / body numbness on the left side with pain /light sensitivity/sweating/excessive nausea. This has been a once a week thing. I don't doubt my stress levels have something to do with it. I work a lot and stress is stratospheric with all the budget cuts going around.

Old tricks like pepermint oil or pepper oil (dipped on a qtip sniffed...yeah I know but hey desparate?) have been minimally working. I inject with imitrex but with that stuff you do have to be careful.

I've gotten confirmation last week that CT scans not showing tumor or stroke A good thing but leaves me with little choices aside from some pretty nasty drugs to get this under control.

My doc is ok with me trying this considering. From my reading, a CBD-THC oil would work best, but of course my biggest conerns is me being zonked out of my gourd:lol:

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Okay I don't have enough time at moment to do a proper response here..but a few quick things. CBD did nothing for my inflammation/PAIN/arthritis. Just made me light headed. No high.
Sciatica.. does he have a herniated disk or bulging disk in spine? That is causing sciatica? Was there mri? For immediate relief a Good massage from someone trained in real sports massage or myso fascia release.. but there really should be physical therapy and focus on core and glute strength. If he can find someone trained in myso fascia release I swear that person is their new best friend.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for taking the time to write your last post @diamondseeker2006 I plan on passing this information on to a family member. Thank you!

@House Cat , It sounds like you have been going thru hell. I’m so sorry.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not 100% sure (I only used cbd for anxiety), but I think you need the thc for migraine relief. If you are in a legal state, give it a try. It has reduced my migraines from 2-3 per week, especially in allergy season, to 1 every 2-3 months, if not more infrequent. And I'm not a heavy user - 1 hit off the vaporizer about 4 nights a week.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not 100% sure (I only used cbd for anxiety), but I think you need the thc for migraine relief. If you are in a legal state, give it a try. It has reduced my migraines from 2-3 per week, especially in allergy season, to 1 every 2-3 months, if not more infrequent. And I'm not a heavy user - 1 hit off the vaporizer about 4 nights a week.

This is good info to know, thank you. I'm in a MM state. My doc has to referr me to a doc who can write the script since they can't (again, no issues, I know that doc too!)

But I can't lie, I'm scared of vaping.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
This is good info to know, thank you. I'm in a MM state. My doc has to referr me to a doc who can write the script since they can't (again, no issues, I know that doc too!)

But I can't lie, I'm scared of vaping.

Don't be. Just go slow and don't take a full hit the first time. The good thing about vaping rather than edibles is that it's easier to control how much you get, and it hits much faster, so if you need more you can take a little more. There are also tinctures available. They're supposed to work much faster than edibles, but I made some of my own and I find that they take quite a while too, and seem to increase in effect when I eat something.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Effexor is an awful drug. They had me on over 5 meds for a 'slew of diagnosis' as a foster kid (it's since come out foster kids are a LOT more medicated than kids with their parents) and I was on 250mg at 15. That wasn't oNE of MANY during fundamental hormone/body changing years. To this day (off meds since 17 self weaned after RTF-got me off everything but Wellbutrin) and haven't looked back.

Check this place out.

https://www.sistersofcbd.com/

Last edited:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've used MM for anexity for years but recently stopped. Haven't used it for over a year, it's a catch 22.
Vaping I highly recommend if your using on a regular basis. Don't be afraid. Get a pax2 or pax3.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
This past weekend so tried a CBD cream for the first time. My lower back was killing me Saturday morning, to the point of tears.
Friday night we had gone to a rhino ball tournament that my daughters boyfriend was playing in. His parents are very into CBD and his dad sells all the products for an upcoming company. He had given me the cream to try because I have tremors in my hands and he wanted to see if I have the same benefit as other patients that have tried it.
Fast forward to Saturday morning, I tried the cream instead of reaching for Motrin. Within seconds the pain in my back was gone. I honestly thought I was imagining it. I have been thinking about becoming a rep for these products but wanted to try it for myself first. I am a believer now.
I also suffer from anxiety and will be trying the oils for this as I do not want to rely on traditional anti-anxiety meds.

My former boss suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis and has had degenerative disks plus non-hogkins lymphoma. She was surfing for years only by taking the strongest opioids for pain. She tried CBD and her life has done a 180! She is nearly pain free, travels with her husband and is able to live again everyday.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
This past weekend so tried a CBD cream for the first time. My lower back was killing me Saturday morning, to the point of tears.
Friday night we had gone to a rhino ball tournament that my daughters boyfriend was playing in. His parents are very into CBD and his dad sells all the products for an upcoming company. He had given me the cream to try because I have tremors in my hands and he wanted to see if I have the same benefit as other patients that have tried it.
Fast forward to Saturday morning, I tried the cream instead of reaching for Motrin. Within seconds the pain in my back was gone. I honestly thought I was imagining it. I have been thinking about becoming a rep for these products but wanted to try it for myself first. I am a believer now.
I also suffer from anxiety and will be trying the oils for this as I do not want to rely on traditional anti-anxiety meds.

My former boss suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis and has had degenerative disks plus non-hogkins lymphoma. She was surfing for years only by taking the strongest opioids for pain. She tried CBD and her life has done a 180! She is nearly pain free, travels with her husband and is able to live again everyday.

I thought it was a complete farce, even as I was applying for my medical card (before recreational was legal here). I thought all the 'oh I need it for pain', or 'I need it for this or that' was total bull. Imagine my surprise when the frequency of my migraines dropped so much. And, I have a couple of places with eczema. I've been using a couple different things - something called 315 relief - a salve with cbd, and a salve from Mary's Medicinals that has cbd and thc. The patch on one leg is gone. The patch on my other leg, is down to half it's size. Now this one has taken around a year to diminish but it is! I don't use the salve everyday - just when the eczema is bothering me.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my gosh, that's his other main medication, too. He's tried to reduce that, but it greatly helps him sleep so it's not his primary target to get rid of. (This is not my husband, I want to make clear.) He takes fish oil and probiotics. I recently read about magnesium deficiency, too, and I bought that for him because he's taking vitamin D and both are needed. Many things contribute to depression and anxiety, so it's so important to get to root causes. But he has Asperger's and severe social anxiety, so we aren't going to cure him. But at this point, I don't see the meds helping. So why damage health by taking them?

I was always a trusting person on medical advice, and now I am a full-fledged skeptic who researches everything. Before this person was on meds, he drank to self-medicate. I was looking for any medicine to help him as a substitute. I follow some holistic people online (including a female psychiatrist in NY and have learned a LOT). There are many natural remedies that work for many conditions. When the opponents to natural remedies come along, they bash them due to not having enough scientific research, but that's because big-pharma doesn't fund those kinds of studies!!! But there has been natural healing for many centuries more than the modern pharmaceuticals have been around. I think many of our health problems are due to processed foods, GMO foods, deadly chemicals sprayed on the crops, and all the unnatural things in the meats we eat, as well as vitamin deficiencies. I think the notion for years that fats in the diet was bad is also a contributor to many health problems. So what "science" said at one point, was false. Sugar and white processed carbs are the bad things, and we see obesity and diabetes and all the associated healh problems at a high due to this kind of diet.

Sorry, I could almost write a book. It was like walking through a door and seeing a whole new world when I realized all this. Thankfully I can buy many organic foods and I am healthy, in general. My dad died of Alzheimer's, and he lived most of his adult life on a low fat diet, food cooked in aluminum pots and pans, and taking yearly flu shots, etc. with aluminum in them. I'm going to try and beat my hereditary odds by not doing any of those things that will likely increase my risks of getting Alzheimers. I know that's off topic of these meds, but again, we have to get down to root causes of things as opposed to putting bandaids on them, and I think most psych medications fall into the bandaid catergory because they cure nothing.

Housecat, you have my greatest empathy and I am very glad to hear you have found a holistic leaning psychiatrist (and yes, I'd like to know the name). I do not think CBD makes you tired, but if you perceive that it might, I'd maybe just take it at night. My perception is that the THC would relieve anxiety better than plain CBD hemp oil. I am just hoping that medical use is on the fast track to being approved, because I think it will save lives. There must be some provision in medical legal states for employees who are subject to drug tests at work to be exempt from passing the cannabis portion.

I really like the doctor here, but he is right totally traditional in regard to meds. He has told my family member that he will never be able to go off these meds. And honestly, I believe it is almost impossible. He has reduced klonopin down to a half mg a day, but he can't get below that. But he has read that some have been successful by dissolving that in a water bottle and drinking it throughout the day and gradually reducing that (like for a year or so, seriously, it takes that long after getting down to a half mg). He just hasn't gotten that far yet because he sometimes needs to take more and it can help him when his body is used to the very small amount.

Okay, I did write a book. Thanks if you have managed to read this whole thing! I surely hope you make great progress with the advice of this doctor. There are millions stuck in this trap. It's a huge crisis that isn't being talked about. Only the opioid crisis is really in the news now, and well it should be.
I had the word cure on my heart for myself. I used to think I would be cured and normal during the first 15 years of my treatment. It’s a heartbreaking way to go through life but so many other diseases have a sort of remission that is completely free of symptoms. It seemed like a logical thought for myself. Hard lessons have been learned that the meds are in the dark ages and are more like sledge hammers and my best bet, honestly, is therapy. Edit: and now maybe alternative therapies

I’m really sorry to hear about your son and Klonopin. That class of drugs is always given to us like candy. I’m always asking “but what about addiction?” And doctors always say that it’s no big deal, they will just wean us off. “Weaning just takes a few weeks and you will be fine.” It’s garbage. Sometimes, I think they see us only as risk/reward equations and think “eh, they don’t have much of a quality of life anyway. This drug might benefit the person. A drug dependence can’t possibly make things worse.” Which is the worst possible way to see us. They need to do things differently because drug withdrawal can add to the suicidality of a person in a heartbeat. I guess I am saying it is extremely irresponsible to put us in the position of drug dependence in the first place due to the very nature of our illnesses.

What bothers me is there are meds that don’t have a reputation for dependence that have horrible withdrawal. Seroquel is one of them, I would have never gone on the medication had I known the truth behind it.

Ok, i’m Writing a book now. Sigh.

I will be checking out that doctor you mentioned. Thanks.

Incidentally, I tried the CBD oil again for anxiety last night, 15 drops under the tongue for 60 seconds. I was falling asleep on and off for the rest of the night. One of two things is happening, either it’s relieving my anxiety...which it did, and then my body fell from exhaustion because the adrenaline from anxiety was no longer present or the CBD is interacting with my meds. I did read it messes with the liver a bit.

Here is that doctor’s info. I hope this doesn’t reveal too much about me.
http://www.placerpsychiatry.com/

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to try CBD for migraines as the meds that I use (imitrex) is not working like it used to.

The last few months have been particularly brutal, I start with auras and then it goes into cluster with face / body numbness on the left side with pain /light sensitivity/sweating/excessive nausea. This has been a once a week thing. I don't doubt my stress levels have something to do with it. I work a lot and stress is stratospheric with all the budget cuts going around.

Old tricks like pepermint oil or pepper oil (dipped on a qtip sniffed...yeah I know but hey desparate?) have been minimally working. I inject with imitrex but with that stuff you do have to be careful.

I've gotten confirmation last week that CT scans not showing tumor or stroke A good thing but leaves me with little choices aside from some pretty nasty drugs to get this under control.

My doc is ok with me trying this considering. From my reading, a CBD-THC oil would work best, but of course my biggest conerns is me being zonked out of my gourd:lol:

I’m so sorry you are dealing with this.

I get Botox for migraines. While it stops the pain and gives me an impossibly smooth forehead...I’ve learned a lot about migraines in the process. Such as, migraines are not just a headache, they are a neurological event. Once the pain was stopped by the Botox, I was able to recognize all of the other symptoms i was having. Migraine prodome begins up to a week beforehand. I smell things that aren’t there. I’m emotional. I crave foods. I drink extreme amounts of water. When the migraine is happening, I can’t think straight, memory is gone, emotions are still out of whack...there just isn’t any pain from the Botox. Finally, post migraine...I am so spacey.

I wonder...will the cbd/thc stop frequency or pain? I’ve been trying to find a definitive answer and can’t. I see pain relief. If you want effective pain relief without an altered state of being..I would recommend Botox any day. It would be worth paying for through cosmetics it if your insurance doesn’t cover it. Just ask for the migraine protocol. It stops migraine pain in its tracks. I was having 25 migraine days per month. I have maybe 1 or 2 and that takes an extreme event to cause it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry you are dealing with this.

I get Botox for migraines. While it stops the pain and gives me an impossibly smooth forehead...I’ve learned a lot about migraines in the process. Such as, migraines are not just a headache, they are a neurological event. Once the pain was stopped by the Botox, I was able to recognize all of the other symptoms i was having. Migraine prodome begins up to a week beforehand. I smell things that aren’t there. I’m emotional. I crave foods. I drink extreme amounts of water. When the migraine is happening, I can’t think straight, memory is gone, emotions are still out of whack...there just isn’t any pain from the Botox. Finally, post migraine...I am so spacey.

I wonder...will the cbd/thc stop frequency or pain? I’ve been trying to find a definitive answer and can’t. I see pain relief. If you want effective pain relief without an altered state of being..I would recommend Botox any day. It would be worth paying for through cosmetics it if your insurance doesn’t cover it. Just ask for the migraine protocol. It stops migraine pain in its tracks. I was having 25 migraine days per month. I have maybe 1 or 2 and that takes an extreme event to cause it.

Like you I do have plenty of precursors that if I pay attention to them I recognize them for what they are. Sometimes I do. and sometimes especially now, not so much. I definitly know stress is a factor for many of them in the last 6 months. I have nowhere near what you're having (a low month is 5, a high month is 9-10), that would make me looney! The other issue is how much they can vary in the intensity and onset typically though the most noticeable signs are the ones I descrbed.

I don't think I could handle botox. I already hate needles and thankfully the imitrix shot is more or less invisible to me.

I will be seeing the MM doc this Friday and we'll see what they think is best for my condition. With my type of job I can ill afford to be down so many days a month, and I just bite the bullet and try to muscle through which can be the thing you'd never wish on anybody. Those are also the days I have to go back and look at the work I did and wonder what 5 year old was using my computer that day...:lol:

My vaping worry comes from the fact that I'm an asthmatic.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like you I do have plenty of precursors that if I pay attention to them I recognize them for what they are. Sometimes I do. and sometimes especially now, not so much. I definitly know stress is a factor for many of them in the last 6 months. I have nowhere near what you're having (a low month is 5, a high month is 9-10), that would make me looney! The other issue is how much they can vary in the intensity and onset typically though the most noticeable signs are the ones I descrbed.

I don't think I could handle botox. I already hate needles and thankfully the imitrix shot is more or less invisible to me.

I will be seeing the MM doc this Friday and we'll see what they think is best for my condition. With my type of job I can ill afford to be down so many days a month, and I just bite the bullet and try to muscle through which can be the thing you'd never wish on anybody. Those are also the days I have to go back and look at the work I did and wonder what 5 year old was using my computer that day...:lol:

My vaping worry comes from the fact that I'm an asthmatic.

Could you please keep me posted? If this actually halts the entire event, I might be willing to try it. I believe the migraine symptoms complicate my mental illness symptoms.

If needles are a big deal, Botox isn’t for you for sure. They don’t bother me and I still get a bit worn out by the procedure.

Good luck at the mm doc!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am honestly afraid of my person dying if MM is not legalized here soon. I think a person can only suffer so much without giving up. The plain hemp CBD oil is not enough for him. And the meds probably are killing him. (Yes, today is not a good day.) I don't even know why I'd post this because I never talk about it. A lot of people think that MM is bad and I think they are honestly just ignorant.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am honestly afraid of my person dying if MM is not legalized here soon. I think a person can only suffer so much without giving up. The plain hemp CBD oil is not enough for him. And the meds probably are killing him. (Yes, today is not a good day.) I don't even know why I'd post this because I never talk about it. A lot of people think that MM is bad and I think they are honestly just ignorant.
Oh DS, my heart just breaks for both of you.

I won’t pretend to know what the bad days look like. I hope they pass quickly. If they don’t, I’m wishing you two enduring strength.

I really wish I could help in some tangible way. The suffering is so great for the person with MI and for their family members. The outside support is so minimal..no one knows what to say to us. Even medical professionals can be painfully close lipped.

He is very lucky to have someone who cares for him as much as you do.

I will plant the seed (no pun intended..) have you ever thought of making THC containing edibles yourself? No need to actually answer. There are instructions all over the net. Low temps maintain all the good properties of the plant from what I understand?

I hope tomorrow is a much better day.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat Thank you! It's difficult to access and I'm not totally comfortable with the idea right now. We need medical legalized so he can get what he needs on a regular basis. There really is no help for him. His combinaton of issues is just tough to solve. I know you well understand the medication issues.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Not a definitive study by any means but some useful information:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidd...y-a-new-study-looks-for-answers/#72cc5db02a1f

Also, C.U. (Colorado University) did a study a while back on migraines and found the same thing I did - a big reduction in frequency.

And Arcadian - marijuana is *supposed* to open your airways. Not sure if I'd try vaporizing with asthma - I guess it would depend on how bad it is. If you do want to try it though, there is a vaporizer out there called magic flight. It's different in that you don't inhale firmly. You kind of have to let it warm up well and barely inhale till you've had your fill.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't remember if I said this earlier, but I may take CBD hemp oil myself because my dad had Alzheimers.

Here is the CBD we like:

https://www.cwhemp.com/

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you please keep me posted? If this actually halts the entire event, I might be willing to try it. I believe the migraine symptoms complicate my mental illness symptoms.

If needles are a big deal, Botox isn’t for you for sure. They don’t bother me and I still get a bit worn out by the procedure.

Good luck at the mm doc!

So I'm in process to get my card from the state. I'm told it could take a while as they don't make the process very easy.

I had a very odd issue and ended up in ER last evening. It started as an asthma attack, probably one of the handful of times I could not breathe even after using rescue inhaler, but I had also been having issues beause of allergies (its been a rough spring), since about March and sometimes I'd suddently wake up gasping for air. I laid it all back to stress and me working a lot of hours, so on. But yesterday I guess tipped the bucket.

So when I got there of course check for heart attack and stroke given my age, then chest xray then some blood tests. They gave me some steriods in a drip because I was so out of breath and constricted I was whispering (all, don't drive if you're that bad. I did but don't do it)

The D Dimer was quite high so that meant cat scan of the chest. this is how they found the not so little clots in there. Maybe from coughing, other reasons, maybe pollen in there? Not sure, but otherwise, my blood tests where unremarkable except that.

BTW I was let go by about 8am today after treatment.. well over 14 hours in ER :shock:. They asked if I wanted to stay longer, I said hell no:lol:ER's are noisy and disgusting ass places, and I saw and heard more than I wanted to.

Can only say its good that I telework from home. So for now, watch, wait, take prednisone because the lungs are pretty inflammed, see my GP asap. (Monday was the soonest)

And of course I have a hell of a headache, I'm managing that ok for now. But, I can tell you that vaping will be something off the table and will stick to other methods.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results