mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey Guys

Can someone explain why this tourmaline is priced so high

https://www.etsy.com/listing/273478040/lagoon-color-tourmaline-aascher-cut-2?ref=shop_home_active_78

I'm not interested in buying one (bought one already) this is just my curiosity and attempt to learn stuff.

Is it the colour? The fact that it's an even blue green not half blue half green (mine is half blue half green and was a hell lot cheaper)? It just seems like A LOT of money for a tourmaline!

Haha I am so with you on this! I have so many and they probably all add up to this price!! Maybe she just bought it from a really expensive source?? In her shop tourmalines and zircons are always over priced.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I am so with you on this! I have so many and they probably all add up to this price!! Maybe she just bought it from a really expensive source?? In her shop tourmalines and zircons are always over priced.

I just feel like I must be TOTALLY missing the point on something and hoping a PSer can show it to me! It's just so much for a tourmaline!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just feel like I must be TOTALLY missing the point on something and hoping a PSer can show it to me! It's just so much for a tourmaline!

The seller informs us "This particular piece was featured in the AGTA magazine. It just came back from there and I grabbed it."

I checked the last 56 page volume of prsimnl2018 and did not see it there. But it seems like the stone must be beautiful for it to be featured. Maybe somebody has a link?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first instinct was to howl like a banshee that I missed out on this beauty but then I consoled myself that I probably saved a fortune on getting a halo made for it.

29389193_1652555558197085_8147590769109106688_o.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't want to threadjack but...what does this mean? Am I really THAT old??

Thought I'd answer this here :lol:

Jelly means "jealous"

haha don't worry my other hobby is shipping which means I snoop around on Twitter a lot so I pick up stuff here and there.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first instinct was to howl like a banshee that I missed out on this beauty but then I consoled myself that I probably saved a fortune on getting a halo made for it.

29389193_1652555558197085_8147590769109106688_o.jpg

Wow that is a glorious heart. :love: I'm sorry you missed out on it but yay on saving money and that just means your next amazing piece is out there waiting for you to rescue it.8):appl:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is a glorious heart. :love: I'm sorry you missed out on it but yay on saving money and that just means your next amazing piece is out there waiting for you to rescue it.8):appl:

I was loading JD's facebook page and saw it in the summary of all the pictures on the page. When I scrolled down to the actual post it had "SOLD" on it. Oh well!

I still have my 6ish carat tourmaline sitting with him waiting for me to pull the trigger on the setting so I have NO business buying anything else. Especially not something that will require a custom setting!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was loading JD's facebook page and saw it in the summary of all the pictures on the page. When I scrolled down to the actual post it had "SOLD" on it. Oh well!

I still have my 6ish carat tourmaline sitting with him waiting for me to pull the trigger on the setting so I have NO business buying anything else. Especially not something that will require a custom setting!

It was not meant to be so don't feel badly at all! Cannot wait to see what you are going to do with your 6 plus carat tourmaline.:appl:That will be beautiful.:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had this tourmaline sitting around for about 10 years (!) and decided to set it. The ring arrived last week. I absolutely love the color of the stone, and could stare at it all day long.
IMG_9744.jpg IMG_9745.jpg IMG_9746.jpg

That setting is so beautiful! Very romantic and truly suits you pink tourmaline. :kiss2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hehe I saw this the other day while browsing and Hub's walked past my screen.

https://www.leibish.com/rings-jewelry/fancy-deep-pink-and-diamond-double-halo-ring-28160

Hubs: That is actually pink!!! I want you to propose with this in the next life but can you make it a carat?

Haha I told him I'm going to look into something cheaper this colour for him! Is there some other gem that is cheaper in this colour? Would love to buy it for him as a joke! And by cheaper I mean MUCH MUCH cheaper! Not a pad or anything!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
05A8C47A-CB20-4295-9AD8-8EAEC64A89CB.jpeg EC5A69A8-8087-4FF8-A209-F8EE00B4846C.jpeg 838B1D4F-9CB2-45C1-81D7-918022B7A9E0.jpeg D360888B-6F4F-47BA-A77C-0B142D93951B.jpeg
I bought this sphene at a gem show this weekend. This first photo is next to my chrysoberyl and peridot for color reference.

I bought this pair of blue spinels (2.15c carat tw). They are shifty weirdos. I’m thinking of having a pendant and ring made instead of a pair of earrings.

Finally, I bought this zircon. I don’t know if it’s a red, pink, imperial or rose zircon. Does anyone know? It’s 2.29 carats.

Attachments

• 4442B8DE-E48E-47A5-8048-0CAFB323F0FB.jpeg
    4442B8DE-E48E-47A5-8048-0CAFB323F0FB.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 23

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Um the garnet photographs so bad...definitely one of the least photogenic stones I have. I kept doing double takes at the stone when I saw the pics on my phone because it looked so washed out on the phone!

euykh.jpg 65ythg.jpg b98iu.jpg

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And a red spinel I have been trying to set...I've gotten quotes for it from local B and M's but feel like it's too high, on par with PS vendors on the higher pricing end. So I won't get around to setting it for a while I'm afraid....

98ik6g.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a red spinel I have been trying to set...I've gotten quotes for it from local B and M's but feel like it's too high, on par with PS vendors on the higher pricing end. So I won't get around to setting it for a while I'm afraid....

98ik6g.jpg

Oh that is beautiful!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! And such a great size!

What design were you thinking of?

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh that is beautiful!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! And such a great size!

What design were you thinking of?

Omg. I asked for a three stone w diamond sides, and diamond melee on shank 1/2 way down. I want either step cut half moons or step cut traps. 5K! Well at that price I would rather use CVB? With CVB you are guaranteed a beautiful product. Local B &M....some $$$ diaster waiting to happen. They actually tried to convince me to use rounds. Um no....not only is the shape gonna be weird, the spinel is quite sleepy and RB won't complement that at all

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And I am not sure they understood I want step cut halfmoons or traps instead of crushed ice ones. So yeah.....it's a no go. It's a task for the future me lolol

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium

98ik6g.jpg
Oh I lOVE them, and that spinel is amazing! What a wonderful size, shape and color!

HMHDB

Rough_Rock
Trade
Ok, rather than keep threadjacking my own thread...lol lets just chat / show us whats upcoming in the mail
11.gif
I got nothing going on much
7.gif
except a peridot pendant project that should be completed in two weeks
36.gif
so whats going on for you? do show and tell
41.gif

This ring was just recently acquired by myself any ideas on what stone may be? Thinking Blue Garnet? 10 carats, clarity is beautiful.
blue3.jpg blue4.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0865.JPG
This is coming to me in about two weeks.
Ruby - 1.41ct. 6.25-6.45x4.54
Pinker side of red but hopefully not a lot of wineish-purple.
And so sleepy!
It's already got a DSEF report- with little luck in finding much online regarding that lab's reputation -any opinions?

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0865.JPG
This is coming to me in about two weeks.
Ruby - 1.41ct. 6.25-6.45x4.54
Pinker side of red but hopefully not a lot of wineish-purple.
And so sleepy!
It's already got a DSEF report- with little luck in finding much online regarding that lab's reputation -any opinions?

Ooo exciting! Pinkish red is good! I love pink in red rubies. No idea on the lab, but hopefully someone else will chime in. Great size for a round ruby!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank god I was 30 min late when I opened Gary's email. I would have bought the asscher aquamarine. Thank god someone else already had bought it. If a PSer got it, please post pics!!! And my wallet thanks you again. Dun neeed any more loose stones seriously.... :lol:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank god I was 30 min late when I opened Gary's email. I would have bought the asscher aquamarine. Thank god someone else already had bought it. If a PSer got it, please post pics!!! And my wallet thanks you again. Dun neeed any more loose stones seriously.... :lol:
Wasn't that fabulous? I don't have an aqua. It's on my list. But %^#* his stuff sells fast!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results