shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rfisher, did you get the Rhodolite? What do you think of it? Is it as nice as it appeared to be on his site? Thank you for taking the time to answer by questions.

I purchased June 13. Due to the sellers area having a postal strike, it has not yet shipped.
There's more detail involved, and after it's all done with I'll answer the rest of your questions!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I like several of his stones, but am cautious... I hope your gem is fabulous!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the tip!

Any idea how much it will cost and how long it will take for the cert/testing?

From memory arround $40 (last year sometime). I think they were quick, but I was in the UK at the time so I let the jeweler drop it in/pick it up.

Edited to say I dont think there testing is as rigerous as some of the bigger labs (ie options in hk and thailand). I dont think they have LIBS so for sapphires/rubies theyre not your best bet.

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rfisher, did you get the Rhodolite? What do you think of it? Is it as nice as it appeared to be on his site? Thank you for taking the time to answer by questions.

PattyCo

I received the stone 7/21 and it is going back if I can figure out the customs paperwork.
The stone looks nothing like the picture, I assumed it'd differ somewhat but not as much. The video(s) were close to the pictures too, which was more misleading.
I am able to take a picture that looks very similiar to his listing/video- but the eye never sees it that way. Maybe it's geographical location? I don't know.

Anyways- what turned me off much more to this vendor is communication. He was very upfront about the postal strike in his area- which I had no problem with- but he falsely confirmed actual shipment multiple times, and blamed others for it.

I'd love to see some of his other stones in person- but doubt I'd return shop.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
PattyCo

I received the stone 7/21 and it is going back if I can figure out the customs paperwork.
The stone looks nothing like the picture, I assumed it'd differ somewhat but not as much. The video(s) were close to the pictures too, which was more misleading.
I am able to take a picture that looks very similiar to his listing/video- but the eye never sees it that way. Maybe it's geographical location? I don't know.

Anyways- what turned me off much more to this vendor is communication. He was very upfront about the postal strike in his area- which I had no problem with- but he falsely confirmed actual shipment multiple times, and blamed others for it.

I'd love to see some of his other stones in person- but doubt I'd return shop.

Thank you for the update. I know someone bought a heart shaped stone from him and liked it really well, but I was still hesitant. I like the other stone he has that is like the twin of yours, and now I won't buy it. Which is a shame because it looks so nice. Oh well...

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the update. I know someone bought a heart shaped stone from him and liked it really well, but I was still hesitant. I like the other stone he has that is like the twin of yours, and now I won't buy it. Which is a shame because it looks so nice. Oh well...

I know others have been extremely satisfied with him- so I feel bad for my words to be a weighing factor. But I'll leave these here.
IMG_0213.jpg
IMG_0214.jpg
IMG_0223.jpg
This last one shows what it never looks like to the naked eye, but similiar to video/listing.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that color is so deep and mysterious. But it looks like you have a very bright light shining on it and it would actually be dark in regular lighting. That is so disappointing that it doesn't look like what he represented it as. It looks gorgeous otherwise. Will it cost a lot to return?

voce

Ideal_Rock
Emeralds are my weakness, these are sourced by Yvonne Raley. We are going to switch out the one with the dark inclusions soon. 63418F27-7C60-419D-A103-3304DE3EC477.jpeg
Those are gorgeous! Yvonne sure knows how to pick out good emeralds. What's the diameter size of the largest emeralds?

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous! Yvonne sure knows how to pick out good emeralds. What's the diameter size of the largest emeralds?
thanks voce, the pairs graduate from 3.4mm-4.9mm.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Emeralds are my weakness, these are sourced by Yvonne Raley. We are going to switch out the one with the dark inclusions soon. 63418F27-7C60-419D-A103-3304DE3EC477.jpeg

Wow. Will these stunning greens go into a graduated pair of dangling earrings?

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade
20B7BD4B-139B-4B8B-B9AB-8AA50DCBDBBC.jpeg I’ve bought a spessarite from gemrite and my so impatiently waiting for it!

The middle one is mine. I don’t know that much about spessarites so do share what you think!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has already sold but it’s just so beautiful I had to share. There’s something downright mesmerizing about a faceted opal. I need to add something like this to my collection. Anyone have a faceted opal they want to show off?

http://www.osirisgems.com/gems4

07F0A771-ED71-4E4F-94F0-67373CC1F347.jpeg
I have one at home, but sadly it has crazed terribly over the past decade. It is a moonstone like jelly opal with a blue sheen. Too much water content and sold after it was cut without being stored to be sure that it was stable.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one at home, but sadly it has crazed terribly over the past decade. It is a moonstone like jelly opal with a blue sheen. Too much water content and sold after it was cut without being stored to be sure that it was stable.

I didn’t realize opals need good care. I’ll have to do some research. :shock:

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yesssss! I asked about that one, but couldn't pull the trigger bc saving for setting. I'm so excited to see pics!!!!!

So excited for you! I can’t wait to see your pics. :love:

Lovedogs- you and I have the same taste!! We must swaps pics of our pink Tourmalines!

Elle, you realise you enabled me to buy this right? ;)2

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t realize opals need good care. I’ll have to do some research. :shock:
They really do. Most opals from Australia are the most ‘stable’ of all opals, but not all of those are stable. Sellers/jewelers often store them for a number of years to be sure that they don’t craze. It’s heart breaking when they do. I believe this is due to a higher water content and water loss (as the colors in opals consist of different sizes of microscopic water spheres. The reds are the largest, and the blue the smallest. ) But, I’ve also heard that bad cutting with too much heat can trigger this reaction. Not sure if that’s true or not.
I’ll take a picture of the one I have when I get home tomorrow, if I can find it, so that you’all can see some serious crazing.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They really do. Most opals from Australia are the most ‘stable’ of all opals, but not all of those are stable. Sellers/jewelers often store them for a number of years to be sure that they don’t craze. It’s heart breaking when they do. I believe this is due to a higher water content and water loss (as the colors in opals consist of different sizes of microscopic water spheres. The reds are the largest, and the blue the smallest. ) But, I’ve also heard that bad cutting with too much heat can trigger this reaction. Not sure if that’s true or not.
I’ll take a picture of the one I have when I get home tomorrow, if I can find it, so that you’all can see some serious crazing.

I’d like to see that. I’m sorry about your opal though. :cry2:

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I, like many others, asked about it too. Really cannot wait to see your pictures!

Oh wow! You have the best blue rings tho. How come you decided not to go for it? I really really hope i love it when I get it. Btw I’ve requested to follow you on insta!

S

SparkliesLuver

Oh wow! You have the best blue rings tho. How come you decided not to go for it? I really really hope i love it when I get it. Btw I’ve requested to follow you on insta!

Aw, thank you. Honestly, it's just not the right time. I wanted to be impulsive but my best friend brought me back to reality. :lol: I hope you do too! Oh yeah? Cool! I suppose I should check that out. ;-)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that color is so deep and mysterious. But it looks like you have a very bright light shining on it and it would actually be dark in regular lighting. That is so disappointing that it doesn't look like what he represented it as. It looks gorgeous otherwise. Will it cost a lot to return?

Shipped back to an address in the USA. but I don't think that's normal.
I received multiple spellings of his return address (from him) that make me question.
The way I was instructed to send/ fill out forms was grey area enough I didn't feel secure.
Forgot to mention earlier the stone was sent to me in a thin padded mailer folded in two gem papers and a tiny zip loc. I hope the more expensive stones are sent out from him better protected and I made sure it went back out with some crush protection.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
333CFA6F-C2EA-49E4-A9C2-D99A2E923EFB.jpeg Just got this grey spinel ring out of the safe this week and realized I don’t think I’ve posted this before. I need to start wearing what I have instead of trying to hoard ever more stones that will sit unset!

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
333CFA6F-C2EA-49E4-A9C2-D99A2E923EFB.jpeg Just got this grey spinel ring out of the safe this week and realized I don’t think I’ve posted this before. I need to start wearing what I have instead of trying to hoard ever more stones that will sit unset!

That’s a beautiful ring! Good thing it’s out of storage to be worn and so we can see it too. :love:

I love your avatar! I have some bunnies and they are so sweet. Is there a thread about your bunny pendant here?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results