Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Thanks Forte and Minous

TL|1306335369|2929875 said:
davi_el_mejor|1306334684|2929868 said:
I love my sparklies :D

Cool shot!! Did you get the crazy colored chrysoberyl cushion yet? Is that it in the middle?

It is! Sorry, I forgot to post it here! Well here's some chryso lovin :D

The last pic is next to two 20 point omcs.

0191.png

chrysoberyl 004.png

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

wow that is so cool looking, it's glowing!!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

I also just bought this dragonfly necklace

so I can put my 51 point yellowish brown diamond in it for my mom. Her 50th birthday is next February and we're going to Disneyland :lol:

halfsies%20007.png

It will fit right between the wings. The dragonfly bracelet will eventually go to my mom so it will sort of be a "set"

il_570xN.196932336.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, radioactive chrysoberyl there! :love:

What a beautiful necklace, and such a thoughtful child you are to your mom!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, Davi, may I ask where you got the "crazy colored chrysoberyl cushion?" It is awesome!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good job, Davi! :appl: :appl: :appl:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock

minousbijoux|1306354999|2930123 said:
Good job, Davi! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I agree - great job and a big "yes" on the pendant for your mom.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks everyone! I'm super nervous, but its starting to get exciting! Eek!

Now I just have to figure out a push present... :cheeky:

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock

oh wow!!! those are lovely!! I love love colored stones, and those make my mouth water.... :cheeky:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have this on the way from Barry. Man, I'm so behind on settings...

I think this will be my 4th "imperial" malai garnet.. I have a small garnet addiction.

ga-7144g_653_general.jpg

purplemelody

Rough_Rock

Makingthegrade congrats! The Malaya garnet is beautiful. I was a tad bit late, got distracted by a phone call and missed it. :blackeye:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think barry is expecting more of this rough so you might still get one!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock

MTG ~

That is beautiful. Whatever will you do with it? :cheeky:

I have these on the way from Barry. I am hoping the blue-green will fit nicely between those purple sapphires from Gary.

I have no idea about the spinel. I don't have any but I hear they too are addictive. This sweet little cushion reminds me of my daughter, who is loves purple (at the ripe ol' age of 19 months!)

Blue%20Green%20Tourmaline%20BB.jpg

BB%20Purple%20Spinel.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

Fae is that cushion from lasts night's drop? If so... LUCKY I thought about it really hard, If I wasn't on a buying ban, I would have snapped it up. Congrats

faegrace

Shiny_Rock

Yep, Davi, it is indeed from last night.
I couldn't resist, and I was certainly not looking for a purple spinel. I find Barry's gems, in particular, have a way of making resistance futile.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

faegrace|1306445960|2931154 said:
MTG ~

That is beautiful. Whatever will you do with it? :cheeky:

I have these on the way from Barry. I am hoping the blue-green will fit nicely between those purple sapphires from Gary.

I have no idea about the spinel. I don't have any but I hear they too are addictive. This sweet little cushion reminds me of my daughter, who is loves purple (at the ripe ol' age of 19 months!)

Blue%20Green%20Tourmaline%20BB.jpg

BB%20Purple%20Spinel.jpg
Awww man! You got that blue one! He told me that I got it (confirming email from the man himself). I did a great big happy dance, then got an email from him about an hour later saying I didn't get it. Then I did the sad dance. :(

faegrace

Shiny_Rock

Athena ~

I'm sorry :-o I think his Product Cart system cannot keep up with swift PSers. I know he has tried to update it but there just isn't anything better available.

~ faegrace

faegrace

Shiny_Rock

Athena ~

I just realized you went ahead and purchased that beautiful Montana sapphire. Congrats! Please post pics upon arrival.

~ faegrace

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

faegrace|1306453914|2931272 said:
Athena ~

I just realized you went ahead and purchased that beautiful Montana sapphire. Congrats! Please post pics upon arrival.

~ faegrace
Oh believe me, I'll probably innundate y'all with pictures! I just hope it fits my setting (well, maybe I don't hope - save myself some dough)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oooo...I'm glad to see some of the prettier stones from Barry's drop posted! Can't wait to see real life photos!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Congrats, Freke. Hope everything goes well for you.

I picked up this ring from my jeweler recently. It is a custom piece with a grey peacock Tahitian pearl set in a sterling silver lotus style ring with two Barry Bridgestock green zircons bezel set as side stones. I'm very pleased.

(Yes, I'm wearing an orange t- shirt today. Sorry about that.)

There is a before picture of the pearl and zircons on page one of this thread. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-are-you-working-on-what-are-your-plans.157823/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-are-you-working-on-what-are-your-plans.157823/[/URL]

RingonFinger_2090.jpg

PearlRing_2086.jpg

faegrace

Shiny_Rock

Fly Girl ~

That is a really cool ring! I love the custom lotus design. I have been considering getting a similar pearl for my mom and you just absolutely sold me.

Enjoy! Oh, and the orange t-shirt reflection made me smile.

~ faegrace

klewis

Brilliant_Rock

I just wanted to alert you to an amazing (older) book called The Rediscovery of Color by Heinrich O Proskauer. Its subtitle, Goethe versus Newton may be off-putting, but don't let it, it's fascinating. It comes with a prism and a small folder of black and white and coloured plates that enables you to conduct the experiments. If colour interests you, I think you'll really enjoy this. I just checked Amazon to see if it's available still, it is - used copies and quite pricey but I recommend it.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Fly Girl, what a beautiful ring - I love your collection. It would be fun sometimes to see a thread of your collection, to see all the beautiful pieces in one place (just dreaming here :bigsmile: ).

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pretty fly girl

I actually have a lovely, delicate pink orange spinel I've been meaning to photograph and share, just haven't gotten around to it..

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Flygirl, great job! You matched the peacock quality of the pearl perfectly with the green of the zircons - if you EVER get tired of that ring, I will buy it from you, it is so lovely :appl: :appl: :appl: Really, really lovely! More pics, please, perhaps its own thread? :bigsmile:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

minousbijoux|1306687070|2933160 said:
Flygirl, great job! You matched the peacock quality of the pearl perfectly with the green of the zircons - if you EVER get tired of that ring, I will buy it from you, it is so lovely :appl: :appl: :appl: Really, really lovely! More pics, please, perhaps its own thread? :bigsmile:
Thank you so much faegrace, mariedtiger, MTG and minousbijoux. You are so kind. I have some more pictures of this ring project, and a couple of other pearly projects in my "Playing with Pearls" thread over in the Pearls Forum.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/playing-with-pearls.157516/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/playing-with-pearls.157516/[/URL]

I'm hoping by showing off my humble efforts that others with be inspired to try their hand at some simple projects. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results