color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Arcadian said:
Nothing here yet but I won this yesterday

Will be my first dematoid garnet, so should be interesting to see what it looks like. I've purchased some decent to great stones from this vendor, so I will take a wait and see approach.

I also went on a setting spree. I ain't sayin how many, but I was kinda naughty. Not that I have anything to set in them specifically, but I'm sure I'll find something :shock:

-A

I can not wait to see more pictures of your demantoid! :appl: Please make sure to post some, ok? :bigsmile:

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

Cind11 said:
I received this ring from JKT recently. The aqua asscher is from Gene. It is set in 18k palladium and has four graduated fancy intense yellow diamonds on each side of the shank.

Very nice! I hope you post more pictures of it!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

Arcadian said:
Ok so remember when I said I kinda went on a setting spree? :???: here's a few. I have a few more on the way :shock:

I updated to 18K but left the diamonds alone. The diamonds all look very nice!

My spree is (kind of) over. :saint:

-A

Oh wow! You have been busy! I think we need more pictures of your recent acquisitions; stones and settings!! ;)) I wanna see!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono said:
Thanks Arc for the detailed commentary! Did you upgrade the diamonds?

Actually no. I've had one setting that were I to buy it again I would absolutely upgrade the diamonds as they were quite grayish.

On the legacy I was told they were single cut H colored I-3 but sans loupe, I can't see any dark spots or gray areas so I'm happy with that. But still, if its a big concern its probably worth the upgrade.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

brandy_z28 said:
Arcadian said:
Ok so remember when I said I kinda went on a setting spree? :???: here's a few. I have a few more on the way :shock:

I updated to 18K but left the diamonds alone. The diamonds all look very nice!

My spree is (kind of) over. :saint:

-A

Oh wow! You have been busy! I think we need more pictures of your recent acquisitions; stones and settings!! ;)) I wanna see!

lol I sure will! I've got so much stuff in the mail right now its almost unreal.

-A

Magenta

Shiny_Rock

Still waiting to officially get my spess ring here. I haven't forgotten that I owe people here pictures of it :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have a couple pics of the spinel I posted a few pages back that I got from Dan Stair. Love it! Took a couple pics with my supernova from Barry. They are almost identical in color...

IMG_9556.JPG

IMG_9565.JPG

IMG_9579.JPG

IMG_9584.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh and just for fun, a few of my unset spinels...with a lot of camera reflection.

Left to right
Cutters: Barry, Barry, Dan, Barry, Peter.
Shapes: Round, Round, Barion, Supernova, Bobcat oval.
Colors: Pink/lavender, almost colorless, periwinkle, periwinkle, lavender.
Carats: 1.23, 1.15, .79, 1.55, .92
Dimensions: 6.45mm, 6.3mm, 5.32mm, 5.8 x 7.6mm, 5.03 x 6.12mm

IMG_9596.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

:love: Goooorgeous! I love the colors! When did you get the supernova from Barry? I don't remember that one for some reason.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

FrekeChild I love the family portrait. What exactly is a bobcat oval? From the photo it looks as though it might be an extra deep stone? Is it something that would be a challenge to set?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

What a haul Arcadian, can't wait to see which stone you'll be pairing with each LOGR.
Lovely collection of lavendar stones FC!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beauuuutiful stones, Freke! I'd been looking forward to pics of the periwinkle one from Dan. How pretty! I'm also curious to know when you got the supernova from Barry. I love that cut. I like ovals in general but hate bowties and you don't get that with the supernova.

I'm really into purple right now and love the softer colors, as well. Your stones are gorgeous :appl:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

BN, the first stone is the one I got after being influenced by your lavender. It's a Mahenge. Hahahahahaha!!!!!

As for the bobcat oval, it's something I saw on Peter's website, and just decided I had to have it because of the color. It will eventually be going into a setting by LOGR that Arcadian posted above, the 6x6 cushion.

And the supernova was purchased a couple years ago when Barbara still had Artistic Colored Stones. And it was originally purchased by Love In Bloom. I'll attach one of her pics.

4122606693_c0aed7ba1b (2).jpg

1.55ct spinel.jpg

MVC-042Sg.jpg

LIB stones.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Aoife said:
FrekeChild I love the family portrait. What exactly is a bobcat oval? From the photo it looks as though it might be an extra deep stone? Is it something that would be a challenge to set?
To answer this...To me, it looks more like a slightly elongated cushion than an oval. I have no idea why it's called a bobcat oval, so I just enjoy it for what it is. I don't think it is particularly deep though...maybe this picture will show it a little bit better.

I should mention that the brilliant emerald lavender sapphire in this pic has a project in the works.

IMG_7872 freke.jpg

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock

Lovely stones.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow freke.... :love: busy much? :lol: those are really great looking stones. That square cushion halo is really a great little setting. Its sits very flush with my wedding ring which may make me wear it more often lol.

My husband was like "don't you have enough to get you going yet?" um... :geek: maybe? :mrgreen:

-A

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

FrekeChild, that bobcat oval does look a bit like a long cushion. I couldn't see its shape very well in the first pic you posted. Whatever it is, it's wonderful!

Arcadian, when you do get all those setting filled, I for one would love to see the lineup!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ohhh that supernova was LIB's?? I remember people talking about it before but never seen it. I looove it!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is an aquamarine asscher I got from Gene at the end of May . It's 3.25 c and 9.07 mm. It was cut from the same piece of rough that Cind11's asscher was cut from.

Here is the pic you asked for Cind11 :wavey:

Imported Photos 00318.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here is another. They were taken in dim sunlight.

Imported Photos 00275.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

What kind of camera do you have BN? Gorgeous aqua btw!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks! It's a Nikon D80 which I bought 3 years ago. I hauled out my tripod and used it for the first time for these pics. I'm not used to it and need to read the dang directions but it helps. I can't keep still enough to take a picture that is really in focus and it drives me nuts.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very pretty baby! :appl:

-A

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock

OMG, Late to the party, but I just LOVE those lavender - periwinkle colored stones, and the Aqua,
BIG SIGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Freke,
That’s a great lineup; looking at all those stones together gives me the idea that they’ll make a lovely bracelet or necklace if you are inclined to set them together as a set because the colours are complementary.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Arcadian and Shiney!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Freke, I keep coming back here to stare at that supernova. If you ever want to sell... :naughty:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks everyone on the compliments!

BN, thanks for the info on the camera. I need to use my tripod more often, your pics are AWESOME!

Jstar, I have to tell you I likely won't be selling that supernova, but if I do, I'll let you know first!

Chrono said:
Freke,
That’s a great lineup; looking at all those stones together gives me the idea that they’ll make a lovely bracelet or necklace if you are inclined to set them together as a set because the colours are complementary.
Funny you should mention that Chrono! I have been collecting a series of smaller spinels of all shapes, ranging from pinks to blues specifically to make an awesome multi-stone necklace that is still in the works....I keep switching out stones, and I don't think I've gotten the combo right yet, but I am certainly aiming for the color to be in the lavender range. Perhaps I need more than one multi colored pastel spinel piece!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Here is a pic of some of the stones in a layout that I was thinking about. It's changed several times since then, but you kind of get the idea.

ETA: the colors suddenly look like poo! I swear they are much prettier in the original size AND the actual stones.

Light and Airy.jpg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse said:
This is an aquamarine asscher I got from Gene at the end of May . It's 3.25 c and 9.07 mm. It was cut from the same piece of rough that Cind11's asscher was cut from.

Here is the pic you asked for Cind11 :wavey:
Thanks baby nurse! You captured the color pretty well I think, although I do think the color is more saturated in person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results