color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

arjunajane said:
lavatea said:
Arjunajane!! Rhodolite has just jumped past Tsavorite on my wishlist. Those are beautiful stones! Yummy!! :lickout:

Thank you Lavatea, I am happy to enable :D Actually that's funny as now I am shopping for a tsavorite!

Lol, that's funny.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

lavatea said:
Arjunajane!! Rhodolite has just jumped past Tsavorite on my wishlist. Those are beautiful stones! Yummy!! :lickout:

Luckily for you, rhodolite tends to be way cheaper than tsavorite!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

brandy_z28 said:
Love that ring BN! :love: I considered that design as well with my last JKT project. :appl: One of my favs and that color combination is AWE-SOME! :bigsmile:

Thanks, brandy! Are you referring to the spinel and demantoid ring? I think that's the one I'm seeing in your avatar? Yeah, it would have been lovely in the "AJ" design but yours is gorgeous! I thought it looked nice in her pictures but it was amazing in your hand shots! And I love that color combination. After all that, I hope I don't have your ring confused with someone else's, lol!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Richard W. Wise said:
Babynurse,

Well that stone certainly faces up beautifully. I don't log on that often so I missed your thread. Beautifully set, as well. Is there more to come?

Best and a pleasure working with you,

Richard

Thank you, Richard! And the thread on this ring is yet to come. Julia was a pleasure to work with and did a lovely job with this ring.

I am thoroughly enjoying the blue sapphire and padparadscha that you picked up in Tucson. The sapphire is set and there is a picture of it a few pages back. The pad is gorgeous as well but hasn't been set yet. I just recently took some pictures of it which I will post soon =)

It was a pleasure working with you, too :wavey:

BN

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So I got a few friends to share :appl:

Its been raining all day so its rather dark so not exactly the best time for pictures but I did anyway.

A few other stones I received and am keeping is a violet spinel a chrystoberyl, and a dematoid garnet. The chrysto looks terrible in pics (I was losing light) I'll have to get a few more some other time.

The spinel has a delicate color to it.

Here's the dematoid

Yes my hands are red. (I went to the gym waddayawant? :tongue: )

All the pics were taken by a big picture window as my only source of light. When its a decent day out I'll take more.

Next up are the settings.

-A

P1030393.jpg

P1030362.jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock

Loving all that sphene rough!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok so here's the settings:

Thanks to TL I was lusting after the LOGR butterfly setting I finally got it. I'm in LUV :love:

I upgraded the gold to 18K but left the diamonds as is.

I love the look of this ring! Its slightly narrower than 8x6 but it fits the stone I wanted it for so its a win/win for me.

Ok so I played around with the dematoid in a couple of settings.

I think I may have to go with rose gold. The white gold setting is ok but it pops like mad in rose gold.

I just don't know if its ok to bezel it (probably not) I will ask my jeweler what he thinks. I may just have to get a round prong setting in rose gold. (I don't need another but well...you know....)

BTW I did not upgrade any of the diamonds at all. The white is was upgraded to 18K, the bezel is 14K.

-A

P1030341.jpg

P1030342.jpg

P1030352.jpg

P1030366.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh yeah, before I forget.

I'm also keeping this:

It'll never be set (its not exactly gorgeous) but I've always wanted one. Besides, it would cost me an arm and a leg for a pretty one :tongue:

-A

P1030257.jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock

I don't see why you couldn't bezel that demantoid...it's quite pretty! I like the butterfly setting as well.

Laura

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I hope whoever got Gary's blue green oval tourmaline is a PSer cuz I want to SEE it!

And I hope a PSer gets that yellow sapph asscher..mmmmmm

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I got the blue green tourmaline-- I had NO business buying another stone... and I got weak ;(

But it's beautiful and I think it was reasonably priced.

I think that sapphire is amazing, too :love: :love: :love: :cheeky: :love:

breezing

Rough_Rock

you got it! i must admit i was both jealous and relieved that somebody snatched it before i got there. i would have been weak......very weak......

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yeah, clearly I know all about the weakness, as well ;(

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse said:
brandy_z28 said:
Love that ring BN! :love: I considered that design as well with my last JKT project. :appl: One of my favs and that color combination is AWE-SOME! :bigsmile:

Thanks, brandy! Are you referring to the spinel and demantoid ring? I think that's the one I'm seeing in your avatar? Yeah, it would have been lovely in the "AJ" design but yours is gorgeous! I thought it looked nice in her pictures but it was amazing in your hand shots! And I love that color combination. After all that, I hope I don't have your ring confused with someone else's, lol!

That is the one I am referring to. Thanks baby nurse! Much thought went into the design and as much as I loved a few other ps'ers designs I wanted something a little more unique this round. :bigsmile: I see an "AJ" ring in my future though! :lol: Still loving that design. :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian said:
Oh yeah, before I forget.

I'm also keeping this:

It'll never be set (its not exactly gorgeous) but I've always wanted one. Besides, it would cost me an arm and a leg for a pretty one :tongue:

-A

It might be a good candidate for a recut. I'm unsure if heating it would make it go neon, if you could do so without damaging it. Still in of itself, it's a nice stone to have in your collection. I love my violet tourmaline and I would set it in a heartbeat except for the fact that I'm afraid of chipping it. They're pretty rare.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

Arcadian said:
Ok so I played around with the dematoid in a couple of settings.

I think I may have to go with rose gold. The white gold setting is ok but it pops like mad in rose gold.

I just don't know if its ok to bezel it (probably not) I will ask my jeweler what he thinks. I may just have to get a round prong setting in rose gold. (I don't need another but well...you know....)

-A

Demantoids can be bezeled. JKT bezeled 7 of them for me with no issues, then again she is a jewelry godess. 8-)
demantoids + rose gold = :lickout:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Brandy. I see my jeweler this weekend. He does really good bevel work so I'll be looking forward to what his thoughts are.

TL, I don't know about recutting that. I mean yeah granted, not a spectacular stone, but given its rarity (I've seen smaller and uglier stones for way more money!), I do hesitate to even go that route. I also think its shallow enough that it may not matter anyway. I'm not bothered by not setting it TBH, its a great stone to just look at and have. =) Maybe if I get another in the same price range and size... :bigsmile:

-A

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yay BN! I'm so glad you got that stone! Can't wait to see your pics of it. Definitely drool worthy!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well thanks, packrat! I think he said it would take 2 days to get here, so I should have it by Friday. If everything goes well, (i.e. my kids take their nap AND there's a bit of sun ;)) ) I'll take some pics and post them.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is the pinkish/peach tourmaline that I bought from Barry last week.

2.45 c emerald cut, 8.4mm x 6.6mm

Imported Photos 00219.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh how pretty! Do you have plans for it yet? Did that supernova come too?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Love it BN! What are you going to do with it? (Rose gold! Rose gold!)

:tongue:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

packrat said:
Oh how pretty! Do you have plans for it yet? Did that supernova come too?

I don't really have plans for it yet. Man, I have so many stones! I don't know, maybe a halo. It really is a gorgeous stone. I had been wanting something peach and couldn't believe it when it popped up on Barry's site.

When you say supernova, do you mean that Afghan tourm from Gary? If so...ugh... yeah I got it... and sent it back. And now I'm wishing I hadn't. It's gorgeous, the color is amazing and the faceting is just beautiful but the fact is I have a lot of projects on the go and I already have a stone almost the same color... sigh. I wonder how frustrated he'd be if I asked him to send it back :lol: :errrr:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

FrekeChild said:
Love it BN! What are you going to do with it? (Rose gold! Rose gold!)

:tongue:

Thank you Freke! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it but it will definitely be a ring with diamonds somewhere in it. I never thought of rose gold, love that!

I think it would look amazing N-S with trapezoid diamonds.. but that would be a lot of money, so I don't know. Anyway, it's an awesome stone.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yep, that's the one! The blue-greeny one. Well shoot, that's too bad..maybe another PSer will get it and we can live vicariously thru them!

I know somebody who would totally be willing to take that round chryso off your hands if you'd like to work on other projects. ;)) :lickout:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

ah...yeah, I've been on a bit of a binge of late :oops:
Jeff just finished for me a gorgeous 2.13ct blue green tourmaline,
and Eric from Swala has found me my dream tsavorite after a decent hunt - a 2.27ct cushion.

I am also in the process of considering a third stone in the blue-green family..crazy, right?..as a friend of mine would say,
I gots the Gem Feevah baaad, people :sick: :lol:

I know, I know..a tease without any pics.
I am just waiting for the studio shot from Jeff and than I'll post them up. ::)

BN - without being a cow and rubbing it in, I have to admit I'm surprised you sent Gary's afghan back (but I hear ya loud and clear on wanting to set things); has it already gone to another PS'er..?
I really love your BB peachy tourm and also your setting idea for it - so pretty! And that cements it, I must have an emerald cut from Barry :devil:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

I have a pic from Jeff of my new Afghan tourmaline (Gamata mine) to share.
I'm super excited about this gem as its a colour I've been chasing since I discovered CS..I was fortunate enough
to get in touch with JW just when he had this new rough in, and snagged the second largest piece ::)

Stats:7.6 mm width (8.9 mm corner to corner) square cushion, 2.13 ct.
I can't wait to receive this one for a fun photo shoot and will want to set it asap
(on Jeff's hand, waiting for a 'glamour shot'). :))

JW Gamata blue.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

And this is my tsavorite coming from Swala - 2.27cts cushion cut, 7.8mm..
I haven't dealt with Swala before this, and I can highly recommend Eric's services.

yep, I like cushion cuts :D

2.27ct swala tsav aj.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Wow beautiful gems everyone. :appl:

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

I don't visit this thread very often because sometimes it's just all talk, but wow, AJ, you've been smokin' hot with the gems lately! Babynurse, you've been pretty active too - LOVE the pink/peach BB tourm! I'm envisioning a 3-stone ring with cadi cuts....mmmmm! Or, a halo's good too, lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results