shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

It's beautiful BN! You'll post handshots and it's own thread yes?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've photographed this ring to death, lol! So yes, it will have its own thread. It's my first jewelery project with one of my first stones. I'm really excited that it turned out so well. Julia is so pleasant and easygoing-- in sharp contrast to some "other" jewelery designers out there... :rolleyes:

artemiss

Rough_Rock

The economy has been brutal, and I haven't had much play $ as of late, but I finally splurged and got a couple of things set, and got some handshots of my ebay-special pink sapphire (which I don't care if it's BE-treated or not..this stone has got so much sparkle, it was well-worth every penny of the $15 I paid for it :D )

1.95ct sapphire:
IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

.089 ct princess Montana from GLI..love the cut, love colour, love the setting:
IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

And that brings us my favourite of the bunch for obvious reasons..a 1.07 ct montana sapphire, also GLI, that is the same colour as the ocean the day mr.artemiss proposed to me:
IMG_2831.jpg

up close:
IMG_2833.jpg

This is it with just the band the setting came with..(it also shows why I prefer the wedding band I was married with..one of those diamonds in the band is way more yellow than the rest :sick: )
IMG_2819.jpg

I have been wearing it stacked like the first pic..but I don't know..would it look better with just the mismatched wedding band?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ack! Too bad your pictures are gone, artemiss! I meant to comment on them a few days ago. Well, I love the stone in your first ring, I think it was a pinkish orange sapphire? Gorgeous! And the Montana sapphire in the last pic is a really pretty color. Hard to find one that isn't too steely.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

I received this ring from JKT recently. The aqua asscher is from Gene. It is set in 18k palladium and has four graduated fancy intense yellow diamonds on each side of the shank.

aquaringf1.JPG

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

One more...

aquaringf3.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks beatiful, Cind11! Are those your diamonds or did Julia supply them? I'm looking forward to seeing your own pictures of the ring, and of course, hand shots.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nothing here yet but I won this yesterday

Will be my first dematoid garnet, so should be interesting to see what it looks like. I've purchased some decent to great stones from this vendor, so I will take a wait and see approach.

I also went on a setting spree. I ain't sayin how many, but I was kinda naughty. Not that I have anything to set in them specifically, but I'm sure I'll find something :shock:

-A

106dematoid.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian,
I’m hoping your transaction goes will; the demantoid pictured shows a lot of promise in terms of being well cut to show off the dispersion.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse said:
It looks beatiful, Cind11! Are those your diamonds or did Julia supply them? I'm looking forward to seeing your own pictures of the ring, and of course, hand shots.

Hi baby nurse. Julia supplied the diamonds. The aqua looks somewhat washed out in her photos and probably will in any I take but I will try. IRL, it is such a pretty color and not washed out at all!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cind11, the stone looks very pretty in Julia's pictures. I believe I have one of your stone's "siblings"-- I bought an aqua asscher cut from the rough Gene picked up in Tucson this year. It's a gorgeous stone, so yours is surely lovely and I'm looking forward to your pictures!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian said:
Nothing here yet but I won this yesterday

Will be my first dematoid garnet, so should be interesting to see what it looks like. I've purchased some decent to great stones from this vendor, so I will take a wait and see approach.

I also went on a setting spree. I ain't sayin how many, but I was kinda naughty. Not that I have anything to set in them specifically, but I'm sure I'll find something :shock:

-A
Looking forward to your pictures of this stone, Arcadian. It looks beautiful! Demantoid is on my short list. Each time that I've been tempted by one, something else comes along that is just a wee bit cheaper =)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Chrono, I'm certainly hoping for the best.

After a lot of thinking and an email from Arnold over at AJS, I got this. It'll be deeper in color than the one I got from Gene, but I'll also be able to put this one in a setting that I will be able to wear more often. The other one really sits kinda high on my finger, and though I love it, I certainly won't wear it out (unless I'm doing nothing but going to dinner)

I was also told its a very happy stone, from experience, I'm pretty sure thats true. =)

-A

tourmaline-gemstone-tbg-00122-l.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby nurse said:
Looking forward to your pictures of this stone, Arcadian. It looks beautiful! Demantoid is on my short list. Each time that I've been tempted by one, something else comes along that is just a wee bit cheaper =)

It was on mine too. I saw one at Swala that I REELY wanted. (I'm not ready to spend quite that much on a stone though) the price was something I could handle, so I'm eager to see what this looks like.

Considering how ebay has been my friend lately :lol: I have a setting it would be perfect for if it looks like I think it will.

-A

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cind11 that is a GORGEOUS ring!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

MakingTheGrade said:
Cind11 that is a GORGEOUS ring!
Thanks MTG!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is my sapphire ring. Once I've photographed it a little more, I'll put it in its own thread.

Imported Photos 00186.JPG

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse said:
This is my sapphire ring. Once I've photographed it a little more, I'll put it in its own thread.
Ohhh wow!!! Your sapphire is absolutely gorgeous! The stone and the setting = yum! And I would like to see your Gene aqua asscher.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Lovely purchases and rings everyone!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

BabyNurse,
You cannot tease us like this; that sapphire ring deserves its own thread. :nono: :bigsmile:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cind11 said:
baby nurse said:
Ohhh wow!!! Your sapphire is absolutely gorgeous! The stone and the setting = yum! And I would like to see your Gene aqua asscher.

Thank you, Cind11. The sapphire really is beautiful and I'm so happy with the ring. I got it a week ago. I've probably worn it a total of 10 minutes because I'd like to get my pictures of it done before I wear it and get it dirty! It's a 3 carat unheated round sapphire from Richard Wise. He picked it up in Tucson. It's a post baby (said baby is now 2!) gift from my husband. The setting is 18 carat yellow gold, platinum head, Michael Bondanza.

I will definitely take pictures of the aqua!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono said:
BabyNurse,
You cannot tease us like this; that sapphire ring deserves its own thread. :nono: :bigsmile:

You're right, Chrono! Sorry about the teasing! I have to photograph the ring a little more and then I'll start a thread on it.

My husband purchased this stone along with a padparadscha from Richard Wise, who picked them up in Tucson this year. They are a gift from my husband to celebrate the birth of our second son (who is now 2!). This blue sapphire is a 3 ct round, unheated, royal blue from Sri Lanka. It's set in a Michael Bondanza setting, 18 carat yellow gold with platinum head. There are diamonds around the sapphire but I don't recall the exact carat weight. I got the ring a week ago and I'm sooo pleased!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok so remember when I said I kinda went on a setting spree? :???: here's a few. I have a few more on the way :shock:

I updated to 18K but left the diamonds alone. The diamonds all look very nice!

My spree is (kind of) over. :saint:

-A

toprings.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! A lot of settings! Well, they're really pretty-- I especially like the 7x7 cushion and the 8x8 oval (I like that it's E-W). It's nice to know that the diamonds look good even though they weren't upgraded. These are LOGR, right?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse said:
Cind11 said:
baby nurse said:

Thank you, Cind11. The sapphire really is beautiful and I'm so happy with the ring. I got it a week ago. I've probably worn it a total of 10 minutes because I'd like to get my pictures of it done before I wear it and get it dirty! It's a 3 carat unheated round sapphire from Richard Wise. He picked it up in Tucson. It's a post baby (said baby is now 2!) gift from my husband. The setting is 18 carat yellow gold, platinum head, Michael Bondanza.

3 carats unheated??? Woweee! Lucky girl you are! What does the stone measure in millimeters? That is one awesome ring!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby nurse said:
Wow! A lot of settings! Well, they're really pretty-- I especially like the 7x7 cushion and the 8x8 oval (I like that it's E-W). It's nice to know that the diamonds look good even though they weren't upgraded. These are LOGR, right?

They're all LOGR. I've bought the E/W oval one before and set my tsav from Swala in it. Some don't like airlines but for this setting I think it works very well. My yellow sapphire may go in that one.

There's only one setting that I had bought a few years ago where I had wished I had upgraded the diamonds. Were I to get that particular setting again, I certainly will.

BTW that sapphire ring of yours is something else!!! :love: I can't wait to see more of it!

-A

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cind11 said:
baby nurse said:
Cind11 said:
baby nurse said:

3 carats unheated??? Woweee! Lucky girl you are! What does the stone measure in millimeters? That is one awesome ring!

Yes, I am a lucky girl and I truly do appreciate this ring. I doubt we'll ever spend quite so much on stones again, lol!

The stone is a native cut, has a deep belly so doesn't face up as large as you might expect. Nevertheless, it's color is amazing. It measures 7.77 x 7.59 x 6.03 mm.

I'm trying to weed through my JKT ring pictures so that I can start a thread on that one. Once it's done, I'll begin the sapphire ring thread =)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

BabyNurse,
Congrats on such a fabulous gift! It’s definitely worth the wait.

Arcadian,
The 7 mm cushion setting looks to be very substantial compared to the other settings. As I’m in the market for a 7mm cushion setting, I’d like your opinion on how it compares to the other LOGR settings in terms of workmanship.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono said:
BabyNurse,
Congrats on such a fabulous gift! It’s definitely worth the wait.

Arcadian,
The 7 mm cushion setting looks to be very substantial compared to the other settings. As I’m in the market for a 7mm cushion setting, I’d like your opinion on how it compares to the other LOGR settings in terms of workmanship.

I would call the workmanship good/very good though not stellar. I would have to say that the diamonds are clean and are lined up pretty well. The millegrain is good.

At a more hyper critical level its a setting that could use a few refinements especially where the suprise diamond is. Its not as clean in that area as it could be, but, considering what I paid, its not a deal breaker.

The presence and weight is good even on my finger (size 8ish). I tend to go with the upgraded gold mainly because I really like the look and feel of it compared to some of the 14K gold settings.

I had asked about the size of the diamonds before, I was told they were roughly 1.2mm in size.

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Arc for the detailed commentary! Did you upgrade the diamonds?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results