shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I have good news and bad news...

The good: Kyle Anne has finished setting my demantoid and says it looks great! It''s on the way to me now.

The bad: My indicolite was damaged during setting.
8.gif
I''m talking with Michael E. and Kyle Anne now about how to proceed, but I loved that little rock!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 3:44:28 PM
Author: Arcadian
Thanks all. I figured if I''m out there enough to wear black nail polish then a black band isn''t such a big deal.
9.gif
27.gif

-A

The two in combination is pretty awesome, though. With the lovely stone, its like super glam goth!
3.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOW the Dematoid Set is just perfectly lovely!!!

9.gif

Arcadian -- NICE green stone and setting. Where is that setting from? It looks like the halo sits lower than the main stone and I really like that. Your new Avatar stone is just STUNNING!!!

36.gif

Brandy -- I can''t wait to see what color that Lime Green Sapphire looks like IRL -- well in your real photos anyway! So cool.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2009 3:48:22 PM
Author: jstarfireb

The good: Kyle Anne has finished setting my demantoid and says it looks great! It''s on the way to me now.

8.gif
I''m talking with Michael E. and Kyle Anne now about how to proceed, but I loved that little rock!
Oh I''m so so so so SORRY!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 3:56:58 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

8.gif

Oh I''m so so so so SORRY!

Oh, me too. Thats such a shame
15.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

8.gif
23.gif
7.gif
Thats so bummer!

-A

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. She said it fractured through a side she wasn''t even working on bezeling, and it took her completely by surprise. I didn''t think tourmaline had the propensity to do that! She was very nice and apologetic about it, and I still trust her with all the experience she has with bezels.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jstarfireb,
I''m sorry about the tourmaline. Sometimes, things just happen. It sucks big time though. I hope it can be fixed/hidden.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Chrono! It doesn''t sound like that''s the case; however, I have news...Michael has offered to cut me a new stone of similar color. So professional of him to do that for me; he''s a real class act!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The good: Kyle Anne has finished setting my demantoid and says it looks great! It's on the way to me now.

8.gif
I'm talking with Michael E. and Kyle Anne now about how to proceed, but I loved that little rock!
oh no!!!
39.gif
I'm soooo sorry, how bad is the damage?

ETA: just read your last post.... Michael is such an awesome guy!!! woot!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jstar, I''m sorry it was damaged but glad it''s getting taken care of! Yay for Michael!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2009 3:56:09 PM

WOW the Dematoid Set is just perfectly lovely!!!

9.gif

Arcadian -- NICE green stone and setting. Where is that setting from? It looks like the halo sits lower than the main stone and I really like that. Your new Avatar stone is just STUNNING!!!

36.gif

Brandy -- I can''t wait to see what color that Lime Green Sapphire looks like IRL -- well in your real photos anyway! So cool.

The setting is from American Set Co on ebay. The quality of their settings are really nice. I plan on waiting until I actually gt the stone but heck I don''t know, with the price of gold I may wait until next year! Because of the deepness of the stone, the setting cost is getting up there in price and as much as I like LOGR''s stuff...uh uh, not for this stone.

My Avi is one of my first pricescope projects. I got the stone for Gary Dutton.

-A

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
So, my lovely blue tourmaline seems to be lost in the mail. Gene says he has sent over 1000 stones and never had one get lost, but this one is AWOL.
8.gif
There was no tracking, but I guess Gene will file a request with the post office. Perhaps he broke free and ran home to his people? I don''t know; all I know is it never made it through my mail slot. Has anyone had the stone found after something like this? Freke, if you''re there, didn''t you go through this at some point?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 10:19:06 AM
Author: Novel
So, my lovely blue tourmaline seems to be lost in the mail. Gene says he has sent over 1000 stones and never had one get lost, but this one is AWOL.
8.gif
There was no tracking, but I guess Gene will file a request with the post office. Perhaps he broke free and ran home to his people? I don''t know; all I know is it never made it through my mail slot. Has anyone had the stone found after something like this? Freke, if you''re there, didn''t you go through this at some point?
oh no Novel... I hope it was just misplaced and that it will be returned to you. Dust and thinking of you and your stone Novel
8.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 10:19:06 AM
Author: Novel
8.gif
Oh wow, thats bummer
7.gif
I''ve been lucky to have never had a stone get lost in the mail (or found at the neighbors house) I sure hope it can be found.

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear...I’m so sorry Novel. Without tracking, it gets more difficult for it to come “home”. At the very least, Gene should be able to get a refund from the PO after filing the cumbersome paperwork. I had this experience once with a Dan Stair copper bearing tourmaline. It was never found.
14.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 11:08:17 AM
Author: Chrono
Oh dear...I’m so sorry Novel. Without tracking, it gets more difficult for it to come “home”. At the very least, Gene should be able to get a refund from the PO after filing the cumbersome paperwork. I had this experience once with a Dan Stair copper bearing tourmaline. It was never found.
14.gif

Oh no... not reassuring! Yeah, I''m a little worried about it. I live in a big city and I know that sometimes the mailperson leaves packages on the stoop (
29.gif
, ridiculous) but this should have more than easily fit through the slot, so I''m hoping she didn''t. We''re also building number #A, so I might go next door and check with building #. (Arcadian, neighbor is a really good idea!)

Thanks for the dust and the well wishes. I really hope I''m not coming back in a couple days and asking for help finding something as beautiful as that tourmaline was!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2009 7:13:03 PM
The setting is from American Set Co on ebay. The quality of their settings are really nice. I plan on waiting until I actually gt the stone but heck I don''t know, with the price of gold I may wait until next year! Because of the deepness of the stone, the setting cost is getting up there in price and as much as I like LOGR''s stuff...uh uh, not for this stone.

-A
Oh I think I''ve seen other settings I really like by American Set Co. I just HATE the price of gold right now. Lend me your ear and I will complain loudly about it. But until this econmic downturn is over Gold will be high. SIGH SIGH

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2009 10:22:24 PM

Date: 10/13/2009 7:13:03 PM

-A
Oh I think I''ve seen other settings I really like by American Set Co. I just HATE the price of gold right now. Lend me your ear and I will complain loudly about it. But until this econmic downturn is over Gold will be high. SIGH SIGH
yeah I know URGH!!!
29.gif
And I got my new stone. I''m going to give them the benefit of the doubt because the stone is YELLOW and not GREEN in any way.

-A

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Precision tourmaline update!

Gene tracked it with the postal service (did you know you could track a package sent by regular mail that doesn''t have a tracking number? amazing). Apparently, it never left the state it was sent from. So! There is still hope! I mean, yeah, US postal service, way to go, but at least it wasn''t left on my stoop (also known as basically on the sidewalk) by a postal employee, which has been known to happen. Ladies, please give me some not losing a stone dust!
4.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I picked up the Mastercutgems 8 x 6 mm electric Swiss blue topaz freebies Link from the jewelers. I had them made into earring drops. I like how they give a nice pop of color.

TopazEarring7832.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Novel,
I’m sending dust your way that the package was just left forgotten at the original post office. I’ve had that happen with UPS where they “forgot” to send my package.

FlyGirl,
Nice topaz EC earrings. I am partial to drop earrings and that colour is what every aquamarine hopes to have.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
FG I love all your earring charms. I'm planning to buy a pair of clip diamond huggies (you enabler!) so I can wear charms too, but then I go and spend the money on more gems...

Novel I hope your package arrive soon too, I just found out one of my package never left US because of missing declaration so it's been sitting idle for 3 weeks.

Jstar please post photos, especially the demantoid garnet ring.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2009 9:02:52 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I picked up the Mastercutgems 8 x 6 mm electric Swiss blue topaz freebies Link from the jewelers. I had them made into earring drops. I like how they give a nice pop of color.
Beautiful Fly Girl!!!
of course I love Yellow gold and Blue
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bracelet%20dt%2010091.JPG
and here is my sapphire bracelet work in progress

bracelet%20dt%201009.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the dust and the wishes, ladies. Apparently, there are too many things that can go wrong in the mailing system... But at least I (hopefully) won''t have to find another tourmaline!

D&T, its looking good!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The latest, 10k White Gold Tsavorite Ring

I''m going off of faith because the picture rather sucks. Considering that the description is 10K and the ring on the picture says 14K its probably pretty sloppy editing.

-A

arctvgarnet.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 8:49:24 AM
Author: Lovinggems
FG I love all your earring charms. I'm planning to buy a pair of clip diamond huggies (you enabler!) so I can wear charms too, but then I go and spend the money on more gems...

Novel I hope your package arrive soon too, I just found out one of my package never left US because of missing declaration so it's been sitting idle for 3 weeks.

I'm concerned about a gem/package that's supposed to be in US by now too (sent to Julia)

Whats up with all these postage issues lately?!
38.gif

Good luck Novel and LG with your packages!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 3:40:32 AM
Author: arjunajane

FG I love all your earring charms. I''m planning to buy a pair of clip diamond huggies (you enabler!) so I can wear charms too, but then I go and spend the money on more gems...

Novel I hope your package arrive soon too, I just found out one of my package never left US because of missing declaration so it''s been sitting idle for 3 weeks.

I''m concerned about a gem/package that''s supposed to be in US by now too (sent to Julia)

38.gif

Thanks and you too AJ!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 3:40:32 AM
Author: arjunajane

FG I love all your earring charms. I''m planning to buy a pair of clip diamond huggies (you enabler!) so I can wear charms too, but then I go and spend the money on more gems...

Novel I hope your package arrive soon too, I just found out one of my package never left US because of missing declaration so it''s been sitting idle for 3 weeks.

I''m concerned about a gem/package that''s supposed to be in US by now too (sent to Julia)

38.gif

Thanks, AJ! I hope the PO works for both you guys! his is getting frustrating, no?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results