shape
carat
color
clarity

Mastercutgem Day at My House

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Today saw the arrival in the mail of several creations by Dana Reynolds (www.mastercutgems.com).
36.gif

The first stone to catch my eye was this peach pink pear morganite. 4.35 ct, 16 x 9 mm in a supernova pear cut. I've been wanting one for a pendant for some time. Here it is next to my golden beryl pendant.

Morganite7222.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Next up is this Zambian amethyst, Siberian color with blue and red flash, VS, 5.34 ct oval, 12.5 x 10.5 mm. This will be going into a ring. Probably a simple yellow gold prong setting.

Amethyst7176.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Blue sheen moonstone, 10 x 8 mm high dome cut, 2.66 ct. A very nice crystal.

I''ve pictured it with two gift stones that Dana added to my order, a pair of oval blue sheen moonstones, 8 x 6 mm, 2.53 ct total weight. Thank you, Dana!
36.gif

Moonstone7219.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Two more gift stones from Dana! 8 x 6 emerald cut pair of electric Swiss blue topaz. 4.16 ct total weight, safe and tested.
9.gif
These will probably become earrings.

Topaz7204.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
wow! wow! wow! Fly girl they are all so lovely! I''m especially taken to those moonstone... so ethereal
12.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Finally, a Mastercutgem aquamarine from Gemline. I've been wanting a big blue aqua for a ring stone for some time. Most of them are too washed out or waaaaay too expensive. This stone is a wonderful blue with some inclusions that keep the price down and are barely visible in most lighting. Big and blue and affordable. A winner in my book. I will probably set it in white gold to be my cocktail ring.
12.gif

Aquamarine7250.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow FG-''ve got some great Gems!. How exciting! more projects
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flygirl,
Very nice. I really love that Zambian amethyst!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks kas baby, D&T, and TL.

Here is a shot comparing the body color of the Zambian amethyst to my Richard Home Brazilian briolette. I think the color appears to be close enough for me.

Amethyst7167.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl, you are unstoppable, and what a fantastic day to go the mailbox! I''m loving that amethyst, too.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 9:16:30 PM
Author: cellentani
Fly Girl, you are unstoppable, and what a fantastic day to go the mailbox! I''m loving that amethyst, too.
Thanks, cellentani! Basically, I just decided to quit buying new clothes this season!
11.gif
Gemstones are more fun, and I can wear them for a lot longer.
9.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Nice haul Fly Girl. I love those moonstones especially.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 9:38:26 PM
Author: Kismet
Wow! Nice haul Fly Girl. I love those moonstones especially.
Thanks, Kismet. This is partly your fault, you know, for getting a few new gems recently yourself.
11.gif

His prices are pretty sweet, aren't they?
1.gif

ETA-The moonstones have a very nice crystal. I have a soft spot for gems that glisten, glow and sparkle.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
My, you''ve been a busy girl Fly. Lovely package!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooo lots of pretty stones! I really love the amethyst and it''s a great match!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gailey and Catmom - BTW, I love both of your tag lines. Sooooo true!
9.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that amethyst is gorgeous! Of course, they are all lovely. I emailed Dana before and she is such a sweetheart! I really like her a lot, and she has so many interesting pieces on her site.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 10:14:25 PM
Author: szh07
Wow, that amethyst is gorgeous! Of course, they are all lovely. I emailed Dana before and she is such a sweetheart! I really like her a lot, and she has so many interesting pieces on her site.
Thanks, szh07. Yes, I''m pretty sure that Dana is a very chatty guy. His e-mails are great, aren''t they? I find myself eyeing the tourmaline carvings on his website as well, but I must draw the line somewhere.
2.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 9:20:15 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Thanks, cellentani! Basically, I just decided to quit buying new clothes this season!
11.gif
9.gif
Love your motto FG!!!! Awesome pretties you found in your mailbox!!!!

Lori

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Wow, they''re all really nice, but that amethyst is mucho nice
2.gif
Yellow gold will do him a lot of good.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Wow they are all lovely! I''m jealous!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice purchases; I can see the red flash of the amethysts and the moonstones are great, especially on a white background where many just look “blah”.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 9:20:15 PM
Author: Fly Girl

11.gif
9.gif

Plus, you don''t ever feel bad if you go up a size with gemstones.
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, all.

Lori - Yes, my motto is mostly a reminder to myself to slow down and enjoy the process of living. I''m too often in a hurry to move on, and the end of life is not worth rushing towards.

ma re - I very much appreciate your critical eye and your insightful comments. I was worred about the amethyst, so it is great that he has the ma re seal of approval.

kribbie - There are more stones on the site. Link
31.gif
The best part is when I wrote to Dana, he gave me a discounted price on everything.
9.gif

Chrono - I appreciate your critical eye and seal of approval as well. I''m not sure what to do with the moonstones, but they sure are pretty to look at. Perhaps some sterling settings will work for them to save a few $.

Kismet - Ain''t it the truth!?
12.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl,
When I see moonstones these days, my mind now automatically goes to the Etsy settings like the lotus. Perhaps a ring and a pair of earrings?

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
sweet, flygirl..like christmas has arrived..I like the look of the morganite..it''s a subtle pastel color..the amethyst is awesome..the color looks very very nice..see some definete blue in the shot...getting all those stones in one day..you lucky girl:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results