shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great combo - so well matched for tone and saturation. :))

Girl_in_green

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone. Elle_1172, your tourmaline is so gorgeous! The first time I saw it, my jaw dropped. Congratulations on getting it. I have a Jeff White asscher that I think came from the same parcel. It's smaller, though, and comes in at 2.89 cts. It measures 8.16 x 8.16 mm. I got it about a year and a half ago.
IMG_2319.PNG

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love both the Jeff White tourmalines!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girl_In_Green that ascher is stunning! :love: What a beauty!!! :lol-2::mrgreen:

Mochiko, I love that ring! All emeralds...you could go to the land of Oz. :kiss:

Girl_in_green

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Elle_71125 and lilmosun! I "need" to set it in a ring. :D I might start a thread to get everyone's opinions, as I am not quite sure on a setting.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bought these Welo opals today at the Singapore Intl Jewellery Exposition. The larger one will be a pendant and the green oceanic piece will be a ring. Once the design bug strikes.

20170709_171044-1.jpg

20170709_185444.jpg

How's the expo? Anything interesting?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If
How's the expo? Anything interesting?
If budget weren't an issue there are 20+ ct sharp translucent and saturated Star sapphires and rubies, plenty of unheated sapphires, nice pigeon blood rubies, diamonds aplenty and tanzanites flooding the show.

A good collection of spess, small Mahenge and Burma spinels and such but all at a high premium.

Saw a few affordable purple garnets but they ran dark. I thought the pearls were fairly priced for the most part but no Sea of Cortez that I was curious about.

There's another show end Oct.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Also a number of light coloured but extremely included paraibas.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Anyone else see that email from Jeff White about a rare gem, grandidierite.
It has a price point to match it's exclusivity. 1.09ct at $4,785.
Look at that blue green goodness.

IMG_1663.JPG
IMG_1664.JPG

ETA: here's a link to an article about the material (via that Jeff White email
http://whitesgems.us15.list-manage2...4fa54c910dbf805761&id=e77009608a&e=24f22e05d2

May I know how did you get the email from Jeff White? I have signed up his gemscoop. But I didn't receive any email about the grandidierite.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I know how did you get the email from Jeff White? I have signed up his gemscoop. But I didn't receive any email about the grandidierite.

Hi there. :wavey:
As far as I know, Jeff has two emails going out. The "gem scoop" and the "vault collection." The vault collection is for rare and pricey pieces. You have to sign up for each one separately. ;-)

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi there. :wavey:
As far as I know, Jeff has two emails going out. The "gem scoop" and the "vault collection." The vault collection is for rare and pricey pieces. You have to sign up for each one separately. ;-)

Thank you, elle_71125

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Just for fun, I bought an antique ring online for $45. The seller said the metal was unmarked and they didn't know what the stones were. I could tell by the prongs/setting that the metal was likely gold and, at worst, paste gems. To my surprise, once I cleaned off about 80 years of grime (and I mean GRIME), I discovered I had a brilliant little ring with a half carat Vvs1 transitional diamond and two bright, exceptionally clean, natural emeralds almost the size of the diamond in 14k! Best $45 I've spent all year :dance:

First pic is the image from the seller. Second is under artificial lighting at the grocery store. Third is sun through a window. Doin' a little happy dance!
Screenshot_2017-07-21-15-23-58.png IMG_20170721_165946649.jpg IMG_20170721_151922909.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for fun, I bought an antique ring online for $45. The seller said the metal was unmarked and they didn't know what the stones were. I could tell by the prongs/setting that the metal was likely gold and, at worst, paste gems. To my surprise, once I cleaned off about 80 years of grime (and I mean GRIME), I discovered I had a brilliant little ring with a half carat Vvs1 transitional diamond and two bright, exceptionally clean, natural emeralds almost the size of the diamond in 14k! Best $45 I've spent all year :dance:

First pic is the image from the seller. Second is under artificial lighting at the grocery store. Third is sun through a window. Doin' a little happy dance!
Screenshot_2017-07-21-15-23-58.png IMG_20170721_165946649.jpg IMG_20170721_151922909.jpg
Wow!! What a great find ! It's a beautiful ring. Those emeralds look like they are really nice quality .

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Introducing Big Blue...

Some of you may remember SparkliesLuver's big blue-green tourmaline.
I still can't believe it, but the heavens shined down upon me and SparkliesLuver reached out to see if I was interested in it. :dance: Of course, I'm no fool so I enthusiastically agreed and made that baby my own. :D
Big shout out to you, SparkliesLuver. You've made me happier than you could possibly imagine!

Here's the details again:
Origin: Afghanistan
Color: green-blue
Tone: pastel
Weight: 3.93cts
Dimensions: 9.02 x 8.99 x 7.71mm
Clarity: eye clean
Treatment: untreated

It's a little more pastel than the pictures show (this baby loves the camera).:razz: The name Big Blue actually came to me in a dream and it just felt right. Anyone else dream about gemstones? :lol:

Jeff White's glamour shot:
IMG_1557.JPG

SparkliesLuver's shot:
IMG_1556.JPG

My hand shot in full sun:
20170623_114052.jpg

You are so LUCKY!
My commission stone with Jeff is a fail. It's way darker than yours, so jealous!
TML351.jpg

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!

I would rush out and buy lottery tickets if I were you. This is a wonderful stroke of luck!

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
You are so LUCKY!
My commission stone with Jeff is a fail. It's way darker than yours, so jealous!
TML351.jpg

#OTL how is that a fail? I think its beautiful and I would be thrilled to have it. Its a teal tourmaline!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so LUCKY!
TML351.jpg

Thank you. I do feel lucky. :P2

I'm sorry to hear that your commissioned stone didn't turn out as expected (I saw the stone from the gemscoop so I know what you were looking for). It is indeed a bit darker and maybe more blue than hoped.

I hope that you don't write off commissions totally. Sometimes they turn out even better than expected. ;)2

It is still a beautiful gem. Maybe someone here will buy it. What were the size details? I'm ready to enable people one gem at a time. :twisted2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#OTL how is that a fail? I think its beautiful and I would be thrilled to have it. Its a teal tourmaline!!!

It's a different color/tone than was expected. The pics are in OTL's thread.
I agree that it is pretty though. :D

pristine

Rough_Rock
Trade
Wow!! What a great find ! It's a beautiful ring. Those emeralds look like they are really nice quality .

I am with Freezing in MO! Get a lottery ticket! ;)2 That was a great find!!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Bluegemz, Freezing in MO, and Pristine! The diamond is nice and all, but the emeralds are absolutely doing it for me, lol. I think you're right about the quality of them Bluegemz. They're even vibrant and lovely indoors at night which I did not expect. As for the lotto ticket, I'm so on it!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! How bright and pretty. She sure cleans up well. :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Wow!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results