shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

mahaha

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! I was eyeing that one too. You beat me to it. Any plans for it?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the comments. Here's a Mahenge spinel for a change.
I finally set this cab which I'd been holding onto for a while! IMG_20170511_111006_811.jpg

Pretty in Pink!!! Its lovely!!! :love:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all,
I am amazed by the gorgeous projects on here.
I ordered my first CS which is on the way to me. Coincidentally, I believe it is the same copper baring tourmaline from Jeff White that SparklieLuvr had first ordered. It was in the last gem scoop from Jeff.

I'm a newbie to all of this but have been reading through everyone's posts for awhile now. I am excited to see it in person but nervous since this is my first gem purchase.
Once I get it in hand I'll start a thread to figure out setting options for my first project.
tmp_24781-jw_nigeriancopperbearingtourmaline519695367.jpg

Welcome!!
The color of your copper baring tourmaline is Gorgeous! The faceting is beautiful!!! Congrats and enjoy!! :love:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That is lovely. I've been admiring the aquamarines recently. but I think I've used up sparkly shiny money for a while. I'll show repaired rings when I pick up.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here is a blueish/ purpleish (that is a word now) 9.5mm star sapphire from the Natural Sapphire Company. It has a really nice start I just can't seem to get a picture of it. Now I need to figure out how to set it. I was thinking white gold. I am stumped.
unnamed (6).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice star sapphire Vesper. I think it will have a lot of presence in whatever setting you choose. :)

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Why thank you! I am really happy with the color. Do you think it needs side stones? I was not sure if baguettes would be overkill.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I brought some sparkly friends outside today. It's gorgeous out there (sunny and 73 degrees). I'm seeing a lot of fingerprints..oops. :-o

20170516_114133.jpg IMG_1374.jpg
Drool!!
Especially that cushion Paraiba and that big oval mint!
The red and pink ovals are sweet too!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drool!!
Especially that cushion Paraiba and that big oval mint!
The red and pink ovals are sweet too!

Thank you. I love the small pink and red spinels too but they are SMALL. I don't even know how to set them but I love the color.

Curby311

Rough_Rock
Congrats! I was eyeing that one too. You beat me to it. Any plans for it?

Thanks! No definite plans yet since I have to figure out what type of setting to get.

Curby311

Rough_Rock
I brought some sparkly friends outside today. It's gorgeous out there (sunny and 73 degrees). I'm seeing a lot of fingerprints..oops. :-o

20170516_114133.jpg IMG_1374.jpg
Wow! Your collection is stunning. Thanks for sharing!

Curby311

Rough_Rock
Congrats! That is lovely. I've been admiring the aquamarines recently. but I think I've used up sparkly shiny money for a while. I'll show repaired rings when I pick up.
Thank you! I am a bit tapped out myself for a bit. I find myself really liking the color of the aquamarine stones. Can't wait to see the other rings that you have in your collection.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle- gorgeous gems! :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told myself no more Blue-green stones but after two years of missing Jeff White's Gem Scoop notices, I couldn't resist (yay on his new email service). Definitely a keeper.
IMG_20170517_225655.jpg IMG_20170517_225338.jpg

Curby..so glad you scored the cuprian..wish I could've pulled the trigger on that one...more pictures please!

Elle..great shot of your amazing stones..so bright and colorful :love:

Last edited:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous lilmosun!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why thank you! I am really happy with the color. Do you think it needs side stones? I was not sure if baguettes would be overkill.

I think sidestones or engraving would look really nice.

Here are a couple of images I got off Google. download.jpg images.jpg

A couple more:

https://www.langantiques.com/13-carat-star-sapphire-and-diamond-art-deco-ring.html
https://www.langantiques.com/j-e-caldwell-star-sapphire-platinum-and-diamond-art-deco-ring.html

This is my favorite star sapphire ring on PS:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...0-51ct-joe-escobar-star-sapphire-ring.227783/

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is a blueish/ purpleish (that is a word now) 9.5mm star sapphire from the Natural Sapphire Company. It has a really nice start I just can't seem to get a picture of it. Now I need to figure out how to set it. I was thinking white gold. I am stumped.
unnamed (6).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg

Gorgeous vesper.

As an aside, I can't find it now, wasn't there a thread here about the owner or something of the NSC being involved in lies or something??? I read it really briefly but can't find it now so apologies if I got the wrong company!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I told myself no more Blue-green stones but after two years of missing Jeff White's Gem Scoop notices, I couldn't resist (yay on his new email service). Definitely a keeper.

Curby..so glad you scored the cuprian..wish I could've pulled the trigger on that one...more pictures please!

I noticed that gorgeous stone was gone in a New York minute. Congratulations on your beauty!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You lucky wench! You're the one who got that. :mrgreen: I tried for it too but no luck.
It looks even better in your shots! :love:

Ps. Calling dibs, if you're ever crazy enough to sell it.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the comments. Here's a Mahenge spinel for a change.
I finally set this cab which I'd been holding onto for a while! IMG_20170511_111006_811.jpg
That is beautiful! Love it!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle, those are all beautiful! Do you have ideas in mind already?

Lilmosun, congratulations, it's just gorgeous.

Vesper, I love your new star! Very dreamy.

Burmezedaze, those will make a great necklace. I really like the alternating colors.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sun came out (finally) so I took my TGT sapphire out for a flowery peep show

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vesper, your new star sapphire ring is so lovely! I really like the simplicity of the setting and also how plump and round the stone is. It's like a little berry! So sweet. Congratulations!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Vesper, your new star sapphire ring is so lovely! I really like the simplicity of the setting and also how plump and round the stone is. It's like a little berry! So sweet. Congratulations!
Thank you! At first I was thinking more is more but I decided on slightly unusual prongs for interest. I can't keep my eyes off the star!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results