Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm loving your new hexagon rings Mochiko. :drool:
The color play is fantastic and so fun!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love them!
Yesterday I received a package from Caysie, today I received a package from Yvonne. Soon I will be on a ban, lol, but not today!!

Emerald and tanzanite
Purple garnet and color change garnet
20170419_112031.jpg 20170419_112352.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Mochi I am glad you did not go on a ban before you bought your beauties. Fabulous rings and the tourmaline is stunning. :love:

Vesper- Your mom must be so excited! I just love the vintage setting and star ruby. So bright and gorgeous! :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko - love your rings as always. I have a pink Nigerian tourmaline from Barry I plan to set next.
Vesper - What a great ring...synthetic or not - it's a great piece.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Lilmosun, LisaRN, thank you both. I am bummed the ruby is man made but the diamonds are real :razz: Turns out it is a Lindy. It had so much dirt on it back it looked like it might be some potch. But once it was cleaned you could see a nice "L." Mom will love it. It has been sized and given a good cleaning and really shines now.
unnamed (11).jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This past week, I received this platinum, emerald and diamond bracelet as a gift from my husband. It was barely worn, from the 1950's. all I know is that the diamonds are over 10 carats, and very white. I'm wearing it with my emerald ring in place of my usual ering and band. The emerald is in 18k yellow gold. Though the emerald in the ring is more saturated and a different metal color, ( I swear I cannot capture the color well with my camera) I think they are a nice set together. Was so happy to receive this! He literally just came into my office, and gave it to me as a surprise on an ordinary day. Overjoyed!

IMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2517.JPG

IMG_2523.JPG

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, you had me at the ring! That is a stunning color emerald - love, love, love it!!

And, btw, what a sweet hubby.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you very much! Im truly overjoyed and amazed because I never imagined that I'd receive a bracelet with these stones, this style, etc. just totally outside of my norm. A true surprise with gems is a wonderful experience.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is an awesome ring and the bracelet is outbid this world. That was very sweet of your husband.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, the bracelet is beautiful, but the ring, my goodness! Out of this world!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to post something, and decided to wait. A ring like yours deserves many compliments. Does it have a thread?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an awesome ring and the bracelet is outbid this world. That was very sweet of your husband.
Thank you so much!
Bluegemz, the bracelet is beautiful, but the ring, my goodness! Out of this world!
thank you! The ring is one of my favorites, but have not worn it much due to fear of harming the stone. Now I will though because it's the only ring which I have that goes with the bracelet.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wear both in good health!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to post something, and decided to wait. A ring like yours deserves many compliments. Does it have a thread?
This is one of my first posts, ( though I'm a long time reader), so I haven't started any threads. I'd be happy to though!

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Thank you so much, austinj- yes, I did finally get some! :D They actually look incredibly close to what you see there. It's crazy. The vendor said they're not top quality cobalts but, to be totally honest with you, I'm keeping them anyway cause they're both super pretty blue spinels. And I didn't really pay cobalt pricing for them so I'm okay either way. I did, however, pay cobalt pricing for a .81ct top quality piece of rough. I plan to have it cut later this year, so we'll see how it turns out. Fun times!

This is the only picture I have so far of the big tourmaline. It's only a touch more pastel than what you see here but the hue is spot on. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! I'll post more pictures in separate threads later. :)

Thank you, Acinom! :)

You're way too sweet and kind, Minou. And that compliment from you means so much to me. Thank you. Yes, Jeff White amazes me with his abilities. He's truly a master of his craft, and I love working with him. I also really enjoy his communication throughout the process, especially when he sends pictures of the rough. I love keeping that stuff! The big round completely stands on its own - if I didn't know it was from Afghanistan, I would potentially mistake it for a paraiba. I do want to take a picture of it with my paraiba sometime, just for comparison sake. That said, I'm beyond excited to get the Nigerian stone. Jeff said it's a bit more pastel than the big round but it has that glow about it. So we'll see! :appl:

_39142.jpg
Love that Tourmaline. How big is it?

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Although I haven't been on PS much, my mind has been extremely focused on CS. Here are several of my recent purchases (and splurges). I'll post more about each one once I begin the setting process, which will probably be 2018 at the earliest. I'm excited to share these with you! :)

1. Afghan tourmaline
3.93cts, 8.98 x 8.98mm
Faceted by Jeff White
*Received

2. Nigerian copper-bearing heated tourmaline
1.45cts, 7.15 x 7.15mm
Faceted by Jeff White
*En route; plan to send to AGL

3. Afghan Gamata mine tourmalines
2.42cts, 6.6mm x 8mm
1.42tcw, 4.7mm
Faceted by Jeff White many years ago; purchased from Julia Kay Taylor
*En route

4. Cobalt spinels
.65ct and .55ct
*Received; plan to send to AGL

5. Pink spinels
5.25mm and 4mm (I already have a design for this ring - been waiting for the perfect pair of stones)
Faceted by Ryan Quantz
*Received

jw_afghantourmaline.jpg

jw_nigeriancopperbearingtourmaline.jpg

gamatatourms.jpg

_39139.jpg
Sparkleslover: I love that round tourmaline. I would kill for that color. Lucky girl!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz that Emerald ring and bracelet are gorgeous!!! The emerald color and diamond combo of the ringis out of this world!!!!:love:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It came! The color keeps changing from a pink to a deep plum. I am happy with the star. I also did not know it has millgrain. Mom is going to flip. It is so her.
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg

This is a beauty Vesper!! The color and ring design, amazing!!! :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Hi, Gem Queen. :wavey: Sorry for not responding sooner. Thank you for the kind words about the round tourmaline. I feel super lucky to have it, that's for sure. It's 3.93cts and measures 9.02 x 7.71mm.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning mtsapphire! Are those burma spinels? The colors are so rich and beautiful.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is a ring made of Vietnamese blue spinel and pink Tanzanians as side stones. The blue 1.1 ct navette was bought from The Kingdom of Red Spinel and I was unsure whether I wanted it or not. I bought another, plumper one, was thinking of holding on to them till I could find something better and in the meantime, both vendors went out of business.

20170319_131416.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
IMG_2456 (3).JPG I had set into a ring spinel melee (about 4mm rounds) I bought from Yvonne Raley on Etsy. I'm starting to see what all the fuss is about with spinel.

Yay! Welcome to the spinel club!
Those reds are a gorgeous pop of colour.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you LisaRN and Burmesedaze. :))

LisaRN, yes they are Burmese spinel. I bought several sets of melee from Yvonne including hot pink, red, and the strawberry red I had set. I'm excited to set the other stones later this year.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've been lusting after a mandarin orange spessartite garnet for the longest time. Gotta be big AND bold AND ORANGE.

Since I couldn't find any in Myanmar, I looked online and found this 10ct Namibian cabochon. Included but, it's big, bold and orange.

These are the vendor's photos. I'll just have to wait patiently for it to reach me in a couple of weeks, fingers crossed!

52320a4c04fc4.jpg

52320a477e913.jpg

52320a3393669.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It took me two years to decide on a setting for this little beauty, but boy was she worth the wait!

My 2.2ct rubellite cut by Jeff White and set by Ryan at Joe Escobar!

IMG_4936.JPG

Ceaho

Rough_Rock
Trade
Maybe next year i will make my bracelet. With over 10 ct emeralds and about 3oz gold .800 i already have and about 5-6 ct diamonds(about 30 stones) i will have to find and buy. The size will be about 8cm length x 2 cm width. Today was raining so the light was bad to take the photo.

20170428_142324.jpg

Ceaho

Rough_Rock
Trade
I like to use rings in index and ring fingers and i will make another ring with diamonds with the stone here(2.5ct). I will use in my right hand ring finger. Only the right hand index finger(trigger finger)will bet let free. Also i need a thick gold neck chain and a thick gold pulse chain for the arm without the bracelet(right arm) and my jewelry will be almost complete

20170428_142509.jpg

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Wow kama_s!! What a beautiful ring! I don't LOVE most halos in general but I really love yours.

Ceaho, I can't wait to see your emerald bracelet!

I just bought this spinel on a whim from a gem show that came through town. This is one of my favorite colors but it's hard to find the exact color I've been looking for - this is very close though. It's just over a carat, 7.7x5.7 and from Vietnam. It's pretty windowed but I'm hoping it won't be as noticeable once set...I doubt it would be a candidate for a recut. I tried to take the pictures from an angle that masked the window as much as possible.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results