color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

baby nurse|1313718991|2993903 said:
I received this Merelani mint garnet yesterday from Gene and it is absolutely amazing!

3.21 carats, 8.5 mm, french button

Wow, it's so beautiful, and bluish!! Please post photos!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Herekittykitty - you know how I feel about your spessartite, don't you? A-a-awesome! Such a stone!

Baby nurse: Beautiful stone! Pictures!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

I know I've been MIA in CS for a while (recovering from a major injury the past 6 months, during 2 of which I couldn't really read), but I thought I'd indulge in some shameless non-CS bling promotion, since I know many of you don't get over to SMTB and the majority of PS-ers I feel like I "know" at all are over here...oy, enough disclaimers: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jbeg-meets-heirloom-oec.164895/.

And any suggestions for wbands, especially ones that would incorporate CS, are highly appreciated!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

pregcurious|1314156373|2997978 said:
I love the Durnell setting. She has such a great twist on classic designs.

She really does. I asked Pearlman's to send me this and another Durnell sample back in April. It's pricey but really beautiful and I was surprised by it's substantial weight.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

VapidLapid|1314485286|3002157 said:
A photo of my recent hessonite garnet from gemrite, taken through my recent stereo microscope from edmundoptics.com ($175). This shows, imo grandly, the roiling, turbulent mixing gradient of R.I. that gives hessonite its distinction. Like drizzling honey into honey, briefly, the phantom drizzle persists...

What an amazing picture, Vapid!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

karee888|1314494568|3002715 said:
I received this Merelani mint garnet yesterday from Gene and it is absolutely amazing!

wow!!!! how will you set it??

Thanks, karee! My dream setting would be this Durnell one in 18 kt rose gold, but to save on cost I might ask Daniel M to work on something similar.

durnell 1.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL|1314544013|3003495 said:

Wow, it's so beautiful, and bluish!! Please post photos!!

Thank you! It positively glows :love: . I will take pictures and start a thread on it.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

crasru|1314559175|3003719 said:
Herekittykitty - you know how I feel about your spessartite, don't you? A-a-awesome! Such a stone!

Thanks, crasru-- pictures to come!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock

happybear|1312434298|2983806 said:
Bought a spinel and sapphire from Dana.

happybear, I love the spinel!! I'd been eyeing it forever but it was a lot bigger than I want, and wasn't quite ready to commit to a "real" stone (other than my <$10 eBay play things).

Do you mind posting more photos of it? I'm thinking of asking Dana if he has more spinel in that colour for my e-ring stone, and would appreciate some additional perspectives so so much!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse|1314677349|3005147 said:

Thanks, karee! My dream setting would be this Durnell one in 18 kt rose gold, but to save on cost I might ask Daniel M to work on something similar.

That would be amazing in rose gold! I have a fondness for her settings, too, and can't wait to see what you come up with! Yum.

happybear

Shiny_Rock

petit_bijou|1314736023|3005663 said:
happybear, I love the spinel!! I'd been eyeing it forever but it was a lot bigger than I want, and wasn't quite ready to commit to a "real" stone (other than my <$10 eBay play things).

Do you mind posting more photos of it? I'm thinking of asking Dana if he has more spinel in that colour for my e-ring stone, and would appreciate some additional perspectives so so much!

petit_bijou: Here's some more photo I just took today. All these photos are taken in my room under fluorescent lighting. The spinel color seems to shift a little. Sometimes it's deeper lavender, sometimes more greyish lavender and at times just light lavender. It's bright and sparkly though! ;))

What else would you like to know? I'd be happy to answer if I can :twirl:

Dana spinel.jpg

happybear

Shiny_Rock

I finally had a proper setting (besides pre-notch silver mounts) for one of my stone.
Bought this rose gold setting from LOGR for a Malaya garnet I bought from Dan Stair.

DS garnet rose gold ring.JPG

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock

happybear|1314807020|3006421 said:
petit_bijou|1314736023|3005663 said:

petit_bijou: Here's some more photo I just took today. All these photos are taken in my room under fluorescent lighting. The spinel color seems to shift a little. Sometimes it's deeper lavender, sometimes more greyish lavender and at times just light lavender. It's bright and sparkly though! ;))

What else would you like to know? I'd be happy to answer if I can :twirl:

Thank you so much happybear! It helps to get a sense of how it behaves in different light other than the shots Dana had posted on the website.

Your garnet looks so nice and rich in the rose gold!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

crasru|1314559175|3003719 said:

I did not know, but thank you :)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Novel|1314752967|3005890 said:
baby nurse|1314677349|3005147 said:

That would be amazing in rose gold! I have a fondness for her settings, too, and can't wait to see what you come up with! Yum.

Thank you! I really love mint green in rose gold.

Your new ring is lovely :love: :appl: . When I first saw your avatar, I thought "Hmm, that's new... beautiful ring.. have I seen the thread on it... have to look it up..." It's gorgeous, congratulations!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock

I know some have already seen it but I wanted to post my girlfriends recently finished Sapphire Engagement Ring for everyone to see.
Let me know what you think. 8) Photos were taken by yours truly.

Sapphire
5.58Ct Cushion from Gemsthailand (Ebay Seller)
Measurements: 10.53 x 9.29 x 5.70 mm
Origin: Kanchanaburi,Thailand
Clarity: VVS2/LI2
Color: Medium Dark Blue
Overall Cut: Very Good
Cut Depth: 61.4%
AGL Overall Grade: Very Good to Good

Setting
Diamondringforever.com
Metal: 14k White Gold
Size: 6
Pave Stones: Round Diamonds
Weight: 2.00Ct Total
Clarity: VS
Color: G

1%20edit.jpg 2%20Edit.jpg 3%20Edit.jpg 4%20Edit.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock

Justin_Cutter, I need to say it again, that sapphire and ring are just jaw dropping.... from the photos, it is truly one of the prettiest blue sapphires I have seen on here..... just perfect!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock

Justin_Cutter, just amazing !!! Lucky Lady !!!!!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you very much. I am honored.

~Justin

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock

I am so excited that I can't resist posting somewhere that people will understand! It should ship tomorrow. I think I finally found our engagement stone! (And I am not going to start worrying about the setting until I've got it in my grubby little hands).

1.15ct sapphire.jpg

deorwine

Shiny_Rock

I've got two rings coming my way, a tsavorite ring from SelectGem and then my favorite sapphire, finally set (it only took me two years)... I'm crossing my fingers! Especially with the tsavorite. I'm pretty picky about my colors, but Jason assured me that he thought I would be happy with the color...

1567456.jpg

Charlene1.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

I was very tempted by that tsavorite too. Hope you love it!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Daniel M should be done with my latest projects tomorrow! It's been over a month (and this is just for stone setting and repair work), so I'm getting really antsy about them. He's setting my Barry mint tourmaline in a rose gold LOGR, a purple Barry supernova spinel in a second-hand white gold setting, and cleaning up the crooked setting job that my local guy did with a green tourmaline and its fishtail-prong Amcor setting.

BTW, how do you all find jewelers who turn around projects for you in a matter of hours to days? The best I could get was 2 weeks from a local guy.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

Humble spinel with a wonky cut and inclusions gets setting that makes her shine!

IMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5635.jpg

IMG_5655.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

I can't seem to find my old thread, so I'll just update here instead:
Sally should soon have my bespoke gems spess, and my loose baguette diamonds, both of which we are planning to incorporate into either the one (or maybe two) rings.
Reminder pic, diamonds in background:

Second project - It's still very early days, but I'm super excited to say Mike from RDG New Zealand has recently sent through a second set of drawings for a potential re-set ring with my JW blue cushion sapphire.
Mike and I have brainstormed and he has come up with some great design ideas - now the difficulty is choosing just the one design!
(oh, and finding the dough, of course ::) )
I don't want to give much away, but for those who know my tastes and my collection - they may be surprised that we are going with a...halo! :bigsmile:

DSC09138.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous spess, AJ! Gosh, what color.

JustinCutter, I'll marry you! Magnificent ring!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JustinCutter, beautiful ring.

Deorwine, I love your sapphiure. Good luck with SelectGem's project!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock

JewelFreak|1315439972|3012131 said:

JustinCutter, I'll marry you! Magnificent ring!

That just put a big smile on my face ha ha! Thanks

~Justin

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, Arjuna, there is not one of your stones that I don't really love. That spess has got to be one of the most perfect colored ones I've ever seen, and gorgeous cutting.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

minousbijoux said:
Wow, Arjuna, there is not one of your stones that I don't really love. That spess has got to be one of the most perfect colored ones I've ever seen, and gorgeous cutting.

JewelFreak|1315439972|3012131 said:

aw, shucks..thanks minous and JF..the spess & diamonds should be with Sally soon, I'm really excited to see what she comes up with for them.
I admit I've been pretty slack not to set and enjoy this spess for so long.

minous, I agree the cutting is awesome - even though we live on opposite sides of the country from each other, it makes me proud that Australia has a really great lapidary to rival the US precision cutters (and all-around nice guy) in Doug from Bespoke Gems ::)

I am looking forward to owning another stone from him hopefully soon, and there is currently a supernova peridot calling my name.. :naughty:

I must admit, peridot has simply never been on my 'hit list', until I saw this apple-ly big baby :bigsmile:

DB per1.jpg

DB per3.jpg

DB per2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results