color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

arjunajane|1315700287|3014719 said:
I must admit, peridot has simply never been on my 'hit list', until I saw this apple-ly big baby :bigsmile:

You know what? I feel the same way about peridot and wasn't particularly looking forward to seeing your pics. But that hand shot changed everything! :love: What a big, open, welcoming color with great cutting to boot! Is that one of Doug's as well?

I am not kidding when I say that I have loved every stone of yours that I have seen. I think its because you go for pure hues and great cutting. Anyway, if I had to pick anyone's stones to keep, I'm pretty sure they'd be yours (and perhaps Chrono's spinel, Kelpie's sinister ring, widget's cuprian, Kenny's diamonds...but I digress!) :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

[quote="arjunajane

minous, I agree the cutting is awesome - even though we live on opposite sides of the country from each other, it makes me proud that Australia has a really great lapidary to rival the US precision cutters (and all-around nice guy) in Doug from Bespoke Gems ::)

I am looking forward to owning another stone from him hopefully soon, and there is currently a supernova peridot calling my name.. :naughty:

I must admit, peridot has simply never been on my 'hit list', until I saw this apple-ly big baby :bigsmile:
[/quote]

arjunajane, that's a beautiful looking peridot. I have been so close to pulling the trigger on that one. I have bought a pair of peridots and amethyst from Doug and his cutting is spectacular.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock

Tha's gorgeous, arjunajane! :love: I love Doug's cutting too, and I have a fierce longing to own one of his acorns one of these days... :Up_to_something:

I'm excited atm, coz I'm about to start my first non-engagement CS project: my BB mahenge spinel is going off to Sally to get a modified silver/gold Nur setting. I did write about it on rubyshoes' thread, but it's more appropriate here, I reckon. I'll be superhappy to be able to wear it, after playing with it unset for so long...!

Spinel%20flower%202.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

minousbijoux|1315753967|3015023 said:

You know what? I feel the same way about peridot and wasn't particularly looking forward to seeing your pics. But that hand shot changed everything! :love: What a big, open, welcoming color with great cutting to boot! Is that one of Doug's as well?

I am not kidding when I say that I have loved every stone of yours that I have seen. I think its because you go for pure hues and great cutting. Anyway, if I had to pick anyone's stones to keep, I'm pretty sure they'd be yours (and perhaps Chrono's spinel, Kelpie's sinister ring, widget's cuprian, Kenny's diamonds...but I digress!) :appl:

:oops: <- is that a blushing emotie?!
aw, really thanks minous - this is very kind of you to say, especially considering some of the fantastic collections that we are amongst here!
well, if we get the chance to cross paths, you can't have them for keepers, but I would happily have you play wiyh my modest collection ;))

Yup, the peridot is Doug's, up for sale along with a couple others of pretty colour atm..
TBH, I doubt I will buy as I'm in the middle of two setting projects and have other gems (next up would be my blue tourm) which I'd love to set & start enjoying, before buying more gems.
However a lil bit of dreaming never hurt - maybe someone else will fall in love with it and I can live vicariously :rodent:

bright ice said:
arjunajane, that's a beautiful looking peridot. I have been so close to pulling the trigger on that one. I have bought a pair of peridots and amethyst from Doug and his cutting is spectacular.

hello bright, long time no chat! I think you should purchase it..if that wondrous apple green shows up in Doug's photos, it must be a stunner IRL..
Now don't get me wrong, Doug's photos are very nice and done extremely well..however, my spess was easily much nicer than the pics showed..
have you found this with your purchases at all?
And do you have a thread yet on your amethyst, I would love to see which you chose, lovey?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

This should be here in about 2 days...

Liz'Topaz.JPG

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

These two mozaiba tourmalines arrived a week ago with this impy topaz from AJS.

I was waiting for a package from Multicolour that had been shipped a week earlier than the AJS. That still has not arrived. AJS charged $8.50 for shipping. Multicolour charged $24. Both are in Bangkok. Neither was trackable while in transit.

parasheeba.jpg

outrosparasheeba.jpg

lesPakettesduParasheeba.jpg

imp.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

I sent off my black opal to Seven Fingers to be set. The ring should be finished by the end of September. I also received a package from Multicolour.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am super excited for this stone to arrive sometime next week from Icestore.com sapphire oval concave cut by Richard Homer. Working with Michael E to create my three stone anniversary ring a la Durnell esque inspiration :appl:

Good Golly! its been too long! look at all the beautiful gems and project everyone is working on! :love:

DTsapphire.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock

D&T|1315933458|3016612 said:
I am super excited for this stone to arrive sometime next week from Icestore.com sapphire oval concave cut by Richard Homer. Working with Michael E to create my three stone anniversary ring a la Durnell esque inspiration :appl:

Good Golly! its been too long! look at all the beautiful gems and project everyone is working on! :love:

Lovely Sapphire D&T and congrats on your upcoming anniversary!!!!!! Can you give us a teasercture of the inspiration setting?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey Hey Sarah :wavey: - sure thing.. I think the sapphire ring in this inspiration is from Krementz? not quite sure, I thought I spotted the name somewhere. But I loved the prongs (I know a bit chunky for most) but I'm not a super prongy girl and like architectural affect to a ring design, I just like the way it all came together, my sidestones are rounds, a little larger, I'm hoping the proportions are ok... :wacko: but I added my own craptastic paint job on the durnell inspiration. I didn't want to bezel since I've had a concave pink sapphire from RH once and it didn't do too much for the gem imo ;(

ETA: now where's Ms.NOvel :cheeky: does this look a bit familiar :naughty:

terrysapphireblueFinal.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Got a package from Daniel M yesterday! Now these are not actually Daniel M settings, but settings I got from various places on the Interwebz and sent to Dan because I don't have a great local person. My camera died so all I can do are cell phone pics, but here they are. Spinel and mint garnet, both from Barry:

IMG_20110912_172725.jpg

IMG_20110912_172622.jpg

IMG_20110912_172652.jpg

IMG_20110912_172658.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Also thought I'd post this pic of my old and new mint garnets. The new one is cut by Barry and set in rose gold. The old one is cut by John at GemRite and set in a yellow gold ring with white gold prongs. So they're both precision-cut by two faceters with quite similar cutting styles (high crowns, small tables, thick faceted girdles). They're just about the same size (5.5mm give or take). The colors are VERY similar except that the one from Barry is maybe a little more bluish and better saturated. I think you can tell from this photo that the rose gold ring is a better complement to the stone than the yellow gold one. I may eventually reset the one from GemRite into a rose gold pendant, since I doubt I'll be wearing the yellow gold one much after seeing this pic!

IMG_20110913_150245.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

arjunajane|1315866666|3016067 said:

aw, really thanks minous - this is very kind of you to say, especially considering some of the fantastic collections that we are amongst here!
well, if we get the chance to cross paths, you can't have them for keepers, but I would happily have you play wiyh my modest collection ;))

Yup, the peridot is Doug's, up for sale along with a couple others of pretty colour atm..
TBH, I doubt I will buy as I'm in the middle of two setting projects and have other gems (next up would be my blue tourm) which I'd love to set & start enjoying, before buying more gems.
However a lil bit of dreaming never hurt - maybe someone else will fall in love with it and I can live vicariously :rodent:

bright ice said:

hello bright, long time no chat! I think you should purchase it..if that wondrous apple green shows up in Doug's photos, it must be a stunner IRL..
Now don't get me wrong, Doug's photos are very nice and done extremely well..however, my spess was easily much nicer than the pics showed..
And do you have a thread yet on your amethyst, I would love to see which you chose, lovey?

So, I see it is sold. Did you pull the trigger, Bright Ice? :naughty:

I made my final payment on the blue topaz asscher today. :D My first asscher, I'm quite excited!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Imspessial.jpg

soSpessial.jpg

Spessial.jpg

isntthatspessial.jpg

sapphire_mushroom

Rough_Rock

Still new here but I'll show my purple sapphire . I'm going to get it set soon and it will be my forever ring. prettyshiney.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VL: nice ChurchLady ring! Please post pics when its all finished and polished up. :appl:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

So I'm thinking of something similar for this afghan.

afghanhound1.jpg

afghanhound2.jpg

afghanhound3.jpg

afghanhound4.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

NKOTB|1315969046|3017061 said:
arjunajane|1315866666|3016067 said:

bright ice said:

So, I see it is sold. Did you pull the trigger, Bright Ice? :naughty:

I made my final payment on the blue topaz asscher today. :D My first asscher, I'm quite excited!

Unfortunately it was not me that bought it ;(

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jstar - lovely garnets!

VL - your work looks amazing!

Here is a Welo opal bought from SelectGem. It has body color, and I was attracted by the orange in it. Overall, looks very pretty . The vendor worked hard to help me find the right one. Sent a lot of pictures. Overall, I am pretty happy, considering my limited experience with opals. It is 5 + ct.

opal5.jpg

opal6.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock

Here's my newest pretty. It's a BB purple spinel bought from another PS'er. Looks like Dimetap to me. :tongue:

This will probably be my last purchase until at least December. I may or may not have something set before then (prob not unfortunately).

dimetap.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Should be here next month....

CAD_-_091211_-_1ver2.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock

Sarahbear: that's gorgeous! - how classy with added edge :D
lavatea: I love how you're building your stacker stones set up bit by bit - I love following projects like that. Will you maybe get that small ruby pointed out in your other thread?
crasu: the colours in that opal are amazing. What are your thoughts for it?

I'm happy, coz I have my alternate wedding band stackers sorted out, thanks to kyleanne and her 15% sale tipping my balance ;-)

I got two:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/59101990/15-off-sale-pink-gold-twist-14k-band

and

http://www.etsy.com/listing/68350262/15-off-sale-simple-facets-in-pink

I think they'll stack up very prettily with either my engagement ring, or my yg barrel wedding ring, depending on my mood. Plus, my spinel has gone to Sally now, so hopefully I'll have a new ring to post soon...! :naughty:

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock

I may get one of the R.W. Wise rubies if it is still available when I have the funds. I was going to try to save my $$ from now until Dec to have a little custom stone cut for my other stacker project. I do like to bookmark stones in advance, though, b/c even if I can't buy right away, shopping makes me feel like I am making progress. Lol.

I wanted one of those twist rings from kyleanne. I hope you'll update us when it comes in b/c I'd like to know your impression of how durable it is. Plus I'd love handshots for some size perspective. :bigsmile:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock

lavatea|1316810976|3024141 said:
I may get one of the R.W. Wise rubies if it is still available when I have the funds. I was going to try to save my $$ from now until Dec to have a little custom stone cut for my other stacker project. I do like to bookmark stones in advance, though, b/c even if I can't buy right away, shopping makes me feel like I am making progress. Lol.

I wanted one of those twist rings from kyleanne. I hope you'll update us when it comes in b/c I'd like to know your impression of how durable it is. Plus I'd love handshots for some size perspective. :bigsmile:

I'm the same with bookmarking stones...! :oops:
I'll certainly do a photospammage with my ering/wedding band in all combinations when they come. I love the delicate stackers look, especially with different textures, and I think combining them with an older-looking barrel will look brilliant too, for those days when I don't wanna wear a CS *unimaginable, I know* :Up_to_something:

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Here's a necklace I have been planning for a year or so. I bought affordable spinels from Tan, from auctions and a bigger batch of small reddish pink spinels from Gemcal. Now I have had a matching set of earrings and a necklace made. Sally has been a dream to work with once again. I wanted a necklace I can wear to work or then the whole set at festive events. I actually felt a bit breathless just now, seeing the end result and wanted to share with you all. I'll give them their own thread once I get them.

pinkspinelnecklaceyay.jpeg

pinkspinelearringsyay.jpeg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, Mariedtiger, I can't wait to see that thread! Those are gorgeous!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Aoife :bigsmile: Thanks for sharing my excitement! I can't wait to see these!!!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mariedtiger|1316964242|3025033 said:
Here's a necklace I have been planning for a year or so. I bought affordable spinels from Tan, from auctions and a bigger batch of small reddish pink spinels from Gemcal. Now I have had a matching set of earrings and a necklace made. Sally has been a dream to work with once again. I wanted a necklace I can wear to work or then the whole set at festive events. I actually felt a bit breathless just now, seeing the end result and wanted to share with you all. I'll give them their own thread once I get them.

WOW!!! LOVE this set!! :love: :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

mariedtiger|1316964242|3025033 said:
I actually said, "ohhhhhhhh! Look at that!!" out loud. Gorgeous!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks guys! I've had pendants made before, but this is my first proper necklace. Tan's shops are really great for this. All of the bigger stones have inclusions/windows, but who can tell from a necklace and who cares with the mahenge pinks anyway?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results