shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat... might have cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That''s probably a good idea to weigh them every so often. Dickens had not noticeably lost weight-he was a 14 pounder (too big for his frame) and loved his food. When I saw he was jaundiced and wouldn''t eat any people food that I tried to give him, I knew something was really wrong. He had surgery to have a "PEG" tube implanted in his stomach. We fed him a special cat food that we liquified through it (along with his meds) for six weeks. At the end of that time, all his liver values were back to normal and he was eating on his own again. He was doing SO well. So, he had surgery to remove the tube. After, he developed a fluke infection. The Vet (at the specialty clinic) didn''t think anything was wrong even from my description on the phone (I just KNEW something was wrong). We took him back in and that''s when they discovered the infection. He had another surgery to try to clean it up in there and it was not successful. He went rapidly downhill and we had to have him put to sleep. He was such a sweet cat, and had only just turned seven. An awful experience.

The waiting is terrible. But like I said before, just the fact that he''s eating is so great. I really hope everything will be OK.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have four cats also. I have human children but my kitties are my babies too!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi gypsy..just checking in to see if there is any news....

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 5:09:22 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Hi gypsy..just checking in to see if there is any news....
ditto

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 4:50:08 PM
Author: Cind11
That's probably a good idea to weigh them every so often. Dickens had not noticeably lost weight-he was a 14 pounder (too big for his frame) and loved his food. When I saw he was jaundiced and wouldn't eat any people food that I tried to give him, I knew something was really wrong. He had surgery to have a 'PEG' tube implanted in his stomach. We fed him a special cat food that we liquified through it (along with his meds) for six weeks. At the end of that time, all his liver values were back to normal and he was eating on his own again. He was doing SO well. So, he had surgery to remove the tube. After, he developed a fluke infection. The Vet (at the specialty clinic) didn't think anything was wrong even from my description on the phone (I just KNEW something was wrong). We took him back in and that's when they discovered the infection. He had another surgery to try to clean it up in there and it was not successful. He went rapidly downhill and we had to have him put to sleep. He was such a sweet cat, and had only just turned seven. An awful experience.

The waiting is terrible. But like I said before, just the fact that he's eating is so great. I really hope everything will be OK.

Oh Cind... I'm sorry. So sorry, for your loss.

We've always thought that Hally would be the one who would get sick. She's been sickly since she was a baby... her nose is deformed as a result of all the sinus issues she's had, and she gets fevers and well... a vet (not our vet anymore) called her a lemon when we rescued her. She's such a joy, and has so much personality. But she has bad days. Today she wasn't feeling great. She's not a cuddly cat but she came by and sat on my lap several times today... her heads a bit warm and she's been sniffling. She's insured... and has had so many tests done on her... it's crazy. But, as far as we've been told-- she's healthy apart from her allergies and sinus issues. But Duncan.... he's always been healthy. Just right. Even now.... all of his blood tests and urine and everything have come back completely normal.

Still no word on the biopsy results though. Apparently the lab is open on Saturdays. *shakes head*

Thanks for checking in guys. We just called the vet again. I know she'll call when she knows but.... we needed to know if the lab was open on Saturdays or not... so we called. Nothing.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Been thinking of you and Duncan all day. I hope the news is good news!! Sending prayers and positive vibes your way. HUGS!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keep us posted. Waiting is the worst part. Just the worst. More head bonks Duncan''s way, from Chloe.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Ugh! Waiting is the worst! Hopefully you''ll get news soon. I''ve been thinking of you and Duncan...and my kitties (all four of them) send head bonks! I''m glad to hear he''s feeling better!

I''m so sorry for your loss Cind. It had to be heartbreaking to get him through that crisis, and then have that happen...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any news Gypsy? Still sending prayers you and Duncan''s way.

Cindi I am so sorry for your loss, I know how it feels...

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gypsy, Kerbear and Lorelei. I know that fellow animal lovers can relate. I hope Gypsy''s Duncan "catches a break". It''s so wonderful to have a happy ending.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay well... a SMALL TINY bit of good news has just been relayed to me from the vet.

They aren''t done with the biopsy results yet. They still have to do two more steps before they can give us a conclusive determination... BUT. They did just post preliminary results... and those results say that they haven''t found traces of cancer yet. And the vet says that all that means is that the chances that it''s not cancer have gone up.. but are not eliminiated. She has had preliminary reports come back clean... and still had the conclusion be cancer. SO... there''s more hope. But we still don''t know. And won''t know till Monday, or Tuesday. Possibly Wednesday.

But... his chances have improved. And right now... that''s everything to me.

I''ll keep everyone posted on the final results. I''m praying all the time now... every minute-- that he doesn''t have cancer. And well... someone seems to be listening to my-- and your prayers and good thoughts. Thank you all. SO MUCH. I can''t say that enough. Still holding my breath... but at least there is more hope now. Vet said she was very surprised by the news herself though... so that''s a worry. Still. THANK YOU.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds like GREAT NEWS! I don''t have any kitties (my kids and I are allergic) but I do have a dog and love all animals. Sounds like even if there is any cancer cells, this was caught very early, so you were very lucky to take your kitty in for a routine teeth cleaning. I hope that this will ease your mind some and you can enjoy the rest of your weekend...a little...at least until you get the final results next week!
1.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
That''s a great start and a big sigh of relief is coming your way from Sammy and me. We have been waiting with you since Monday and realize that while the final word has yet to be spoken, we are much more confident now that everything will turn out well for Duncan.
36.gif
36.gif

Continued prayers and head bonks coming your way.
1.gif
9.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is indeed great news!

movie zombie

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good news indeed, my prayers continue....

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed for you and Duncan, but that is great preliminary news!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is encouraging news!
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am trying to keep a level head... but after the last week of believing he had only a 5% chance... and praying for a treatable type of cancer... well. The tight knot of tension in my gut has loosened a bit. Hopefully not too much... there''s still a chance of cancer... but it''s less of one. And that really is something. You''ve all been so great. I just... feel so humbled by your words, prayers and your cat''s head head butts... and your dogs licks. All of it. Thank you. Seems inadequate... and I keep saying... but it''s all I can say.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is so encouraging Gypsy, I am so relieved and hoping that the biopsy results will show Duncan free of cancer!!! Stronger head bonks going out from me and mine to you and your baby!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopes and prayers for all the best.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like you have a good reason to be hopeful!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think that is great news!!!! Keep us posted!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s great news Gypsy! Positive thoughts and many kitty wishes are coming your way that the final results are just as good.
emcat.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
That's a great start Gypsy! Your little Duncan is in my thoughts and prayers!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, what is going on with Duncan?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully the final results are back? I have my fingers crossed for you!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re still thinking about you guys!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you still!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, any more news yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results